Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over (56723 Views)

Do You Still Have This 1982 Mercedes Benz. Is It Worth N1m As Vintage? / Why The Sudden Madness For Benz Cars? / Just For (BENZ LOVERS)Toks M/BENZ. C240.saloon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by epic24: 8:15am On Dec 28, 2020
Biko don't compare apple and onions, even if both are valuable.

Tesla may threaten Benz in the future sha.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Tenshades(m): 8:16am On Dec 28, 2020
sacajawea:

This is not about hype, but Facts. Is it indeed a better car than most there makes?
I have never used one, so i wouldn't know.

Fact still remains that everyone can't love the same thing cos of some 'FACTS' as arranged by some groups of people.

My hatred for Benz isn't gonna end grin

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by mywells: 8:18am On Dec 28, 2020
NO BENZ NO CLASS,KNOW BENZ KNOW CLASS.

3 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Tenshades(m): 8:18am On Dec 28, 2020
blacknp:
You shall know them by their words, in all honesty it is quite obvious that you are a poor man.

Yes, I am poor.

When I'm rich, aint gonn' buy Benz grin

I have greater choices, bro. It's my world and I do it my way, not your way. grin

9 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by tonyashburton: 8:18am On Dec 28, 2020
NihiIist:
Moreover most of these foreign manufacturers know alot of Nigerians love luxury but can't afford it. They know Nigerians love premium luxury but they don't have the money so what they do is give you something a little close to luxury. That's the case with Benz, it's an economy class luxury.
Are you OK?
Economy class hbo go there �

Poverty die in your life.
Pls visit mercedesbenz.com.The only thing premium economy in their lineup is the A Class models.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Athemisia: 8:19am On Dec 28, 2020
pocohantas:
The OP isn’t comparing, but trust Nlders to turn it into a Jap Vs German car argument.

Cars come and go. You say there was a time Range Rover was reigning? I take it you didn’t know the days of Infiniti and Murahno. Even 2.2 had its time. grin grin
I remember those times of Infiniti, Hummer and Camry 2.2. musicians will not even let us rest.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Progress62(m): 8:20am On Dec 28, 2020
MickzyDonald:
Lexis isn't taking over, this is a shit talk

unless they hired you to promote their cars
E shoke Lexus self say people dey compare am with Benz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by blacknp(m): 8:20am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:

@v2 I tire for them lol and the funniest thing is that some or most of them have never own, currently own a Benz yet you'll see them coming online to hype the car like there's no tomorrow. The craze for this thing is very similar to the blackberry craze of years back. It will gradually fade and something else will begin to reign before that one fades too

You know another another funny thing, alot of die hard fans of Benz are mostly youths and younglings who have zero taste and money. Older people have greater taste and you'll never see them with a Benz .

I don't blame you , u go see better s class 5-7 M. Benz no cost, na poor man's luxury. Even Lexus have models worth over 200-300M so what are you saying? That Lexus model wey ochacho gift davido is worth almost a hundred.
Absolute rubbish, how can an reasonable person compare a Mercedes to a Toyota? A Mercedes Benz is the standard measurement of wealth when it comes to luxury vehicles.

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by ThatErha: 8:20am On Dec 28, 2020
Before it was Toyota vs Honda.

Now it's Lexus vs Benz.

OK.

The rest of us dey inside our Ford and Audi jeje.

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by EkelediliBuhari: 8:22am On Dec 28, 2020
humilitypays:
Don't mind crowd following Nigerians.

Mercedes Benz cars aren't costly like they hype it. In fact the Tokunbo is cheap even in the US because people run from it cos of economy.

Only the Maybach and Gclass models are costly.

Economy

From the 2003 model of the c class, it’s all about economy...

I use a c300 and it’s economy is out of this world..
Once you switch to sport, well you automatically trade your fuel for power, watch it guzzle your fuel like beer..

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Tenshades(m): 8:22am On Dec 28, 2020
blacknp:
Absolute rubbish, how can an reasonable person compare a Mercedes to a Toyota? A Mercedes Benz is the standard measurement of wealth when it comes to luxury vehicles.

Who dey give una this Benz mentality of being the standard measurement of wealth?

Who dey decieve una?

2 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 28, 2020
Chimaokigwe:

5M for S class. Lol. No wonder you think benz is hyped. When you finally develop taste for quality, you'll see that what you typed is not just it.
But wait oh, who will spend 5m naira for a 2005 sclass Benz, when they're better options for your money.
Don't know much about cars but with the little I know, i was reading about car internal components, from my findings I realized the Vehicle Stability Assist electronic stability system, was realized or achieved from 2007 car models upwards, so car models from 2007 upwards has such ratings unlike cars behind that year.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by lexy2014: 8:25am On Dec 28, 2020
Trustme2:

Hahahahaha. Bros calm down na. Just be calming down cheesy grin grin grin grin
Nothing last forever. Na Lexus replace Muscle as muscle don too common. No be lie Lexus get class. I love that 2010 ES 350.
I know say fight go full this thread. Grabs my Popcorn. Waiting......

U love Lexus or u feel Lexus replace muscle, doesn't mean Lexus is taking over. U have to do a wider research to validate ur claims

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by SavageResponse(m): 8:27am On Dec 28, 2020
Although I also drive a Lexus I can tell you that Benz is still Benz!

3 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by blacknp(m): 8:27am On Dec 28, 2020
Tenshades:

Yes, I am poor.

When I'm rich, aint gonn' buy Benz grin

I have greater choices, bro. It's my world and I do it my way, not your way. grin
People that don’t aspire to drive Benzos never end up having money, they will end up with a broken down old Volkswagen Golf GTI. It is quite obvious you haven’t left Nigeria, your opinion is based on what you see in your state? Mercedes Benz is King, if you don’t like the E Class saloon Class, you can go for the GL Class, or The ML Class, A class for college students, S Class for the Chairmen, E Class for the young Executives, G Wagon for the politicians, the list is endless.

What is this man saying that he doesn’t like Mercedes? Those are words of an ignorant peasant.

5 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by lexy2014: 8:28am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:
Sometimes ago, a nairalander compared the sudden madness for Benz cars to the madness Nigerians had for blackberry between 2007 and 2013. He was bashed , insulted and bruised. He was right afterall, it was the Yahoo boys and street musicians that made Benz so popular. It was so bad a particular nairalander was even comparing a Benz model to the rolls Royce wriath.

There was a time Range Rover was the reigning thing, Benz took over and Toyota venza came into the limelight briefly. Now it's Lexus. Which will be next?

"it was the Yahoo boys and street musicians that made Benz so popular"

How did u arrive at this conclusion?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Blackdisciple(m): 8:28am On Dec 28, 2020
Hmmm the craze for Benz will never fade away, you even need to see Benz pickup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by NeoWanZaeed(m): 8:28am On Dec 28, 2020
See as guys dey talk cars. Am ea on my bed typing with my small itel. OLUWA WHEN. . Help me oo . . Since i was a kid benz has been top class till now. . Even mechanic and car dealers go testify. Because infinix plenty no be say its taking over from iphone

5 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by lexy2014: 8:30am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:

@v2 I tire for them lol and the funniest thing is that some or most of them have never own, currently own a Benz yet you'll see them coming online to hype the car like there's no tomorrow. The craze for this thing is very similar to the blackberry craze of years back. It will gradually fade and something else will begin to reign before that one fades too

You know another another funny thing, alot of die hard fans of Benz are mostly youths and younglings who have zero taste and money. Older people have greater taste and you'll never see them with a Benz .

I don't blame you , u go see better s class 5-7 M. Benz no cost, na poor man's luxury. Even Lexus have models worth over 200-300M so what are you saying? That Lexus model wey ochacho gift davido is worth almost a hundred.

As regards d highlighted, how did u come up with that? U even used d word "never". What research did u do to make u arrive at ur conclusion?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by sacajawea: 8:33am On Dec 28, 2020
Tenshades:

Fact still remains that everyone can't love the same thing cos of some 'FACTS' as arranged by some groups of people.

My hatred for Benz isn't gonna end grin
Ok it is isn't about love, hatred or Preference, though obviously everybody is entitled to theirs.
I want to know if their cars are indeed Superior on Quality, so that when my Money comes, I will go for their Product.

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Tenshades(m): 8:33am On Dec 28, 2020
blacknp:
People that don’t aspire to drive Benzos never end up having money, they will end up with a broken down old Volkswagen Golf GTI. It is quite obvious you haven’t left Nigeria, your opinion is based on what you see in your state? Mercedes Benz is King, if you don’t like the E Class saloon Class, you can go for the GL Class, or The ML Class, A class for college students, S Class for the Chairmen, E Class for the young Executives.

What is this man saying that he doesn’t like Mercedes? Those are words of an ignorant peasant.

Guy, why u dey rain curse now on top car matter?

Is it a must I like what u like?

To you, Benz is the heaven on earth. To me Benz is shit anytime anyday. So, why the hate, dude?

I am not ignorant. I know what I love and hate. I know them in details. It's my choice to make anytime anyday, deal with it.

Benz isn't in my top 5 list.

grin

7 Likes

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Dukeolumidemans(m): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2020
Beverlyjean:
Lexus can never replace the ultimate symbol of success... bmw , range rover all tried but failed and those a bigger brands .... the G 63 will buy u 2 lexus LX 570... the c 400 will get u 2 is250 , the S 550 will get u about 4 lexus LS ... I have mercedes and lexus ... mercedes is better well

Just my kind of woman...well said. Well taken!!!
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Tenshades(m): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2020
sacajawea:

Ok it is isn't about love, hatred or Preference, though obviously everybody is entitled to theirs.
I want to know if their cars are indeed Superior on Quality, so that when my Money comes, I will go for their Product.

Of course, your choice.

We can't all sleep and face same direction.

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by blacknp(m): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2020
lexy2014:

As regards d highlighted, how did u come up with that?
The Young youths that make money in any generation will always buy a Mercedes Benz first when they feel they have arrived, Benzo is eternal. Even an old v boot, hit the clutch, and you will see how smooth the gear transmission is, Benz is the best forever, ultimate German driving machine.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by cmecproblem(m): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2020
And Lexus is cheaper.

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by colestephan86: 8:36am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:
Sometimes ago, a nairalander compared the sudden madness for Benz cars to the madness Nigerians had for blackberry between 2007 and 2013. He was bashed , insulted and bruised. He was right afterall, it was the Yahoo boys and street musicians that made Benz so popular. It was so bad a particular nairalander was even comparing a Benz model to the rolls Royce wriath.

There was a time Range Rover was the reigning thing, Benz took over and Toyota venza came into the limelight briefly. Now it's Lexus. Which will be next?
Don't ever argue with someone that doesn't have a benz , they will never understand.?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by emmy512: 8:36am On Dec 28, 2020
True Lexus is gaining popularity due to fraudsters.
But BMW is in a class of its own any day

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by blacknp(m): 8:36am On Dec 28, 2020
Tenshades:

Guy, why u dey rain curse now on top car matter?

Is it a must I like what u like?

To you, Benz is the heaven on earth. To me Benz is shit anytime anyday. So, why the hate, dude?

I am not ignorant. I know what I love and hate. I know them in details. It's my choice to make anytime anyday, deal with it.

Benz isn't in my top 5 list.

grin
Gerrout.
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by RealEzee(m): 8:37am On Dec 28, 2020
NewDelhi:

na agege u dey stay so I no go blame u Sha
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 28, 2020
epic24:
Biko don't compare apple and onions, even if both are valuable.
Tesla may threaten Benz in the future sha.
I tell you bro, that tesla cars are something else, very smooth and classy
Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by lexy2014: 8:38am On Dec 28, 2020
blacknp:
The Young youths that make money in any generation will always buy a Mercedes Benz first when they feel they have arrived, Benzo is eternal. Even an old v boot, hit the clutch, and you will see how smooth the gear transmission is, Benz is the best forever, ultimate German driving machine.

I understand. D guy made this comment below and am wondering how he came to such a conclusion:

"You know another another funny thing, alot of die hard fans of Benz are mostly youths and younglings who have zero taste and money. Older people have greater taste and you'll never see them with a Benz."

I am curious to no where d guy is getting his information from

1 Like

Re: The "Craze" For Benz Is Gradually Fading, Lexus Is Taking Over by Tenshades(m): 8:39am On Dec 28, 2020
blacknp:
Gerrout.

See this one o.

Benz wey una dey use measure standard of wealth for una village no even make top 5 list of most expensive cars in the world.

Yeye.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Inside Innoson Factory: From Production To Final Quality Check- Pictures / I'm Trying To Ship A Car To Nigeria From Us / Spare Key Cannot Start The Car But Can Open Doors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.