Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? (20891 Views)

Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? / How To Discipline Your Child The Smart And Healthy Way-UNICEF / What Did You Do To Receive The Worst Beating Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? by Ulunne777(f): 6:42pm On Jan 03, 2021
BeigJawnson:

when a system of government isnt working in a country, leads to all what you mentioned not child's beating

Don't mind them. Ppl who were disciplined in Nigeria go ahead to become somebody when they go abroad bcoz the system works.

2 Likes

Re: Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? by BeigJawnson(m): 6:48pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ulunne777:

Don't mind them. Ppl who were disciplined in Nigeria go ahead to become somebody when they go abroad bcoz the system works.

yes ooo... you are very very correct ... bless your heart...
Re: Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? by Gamesmart: 7:04pm On Jan 03, 2021
bizme:
Visit Google and do a search yourself. If you cannot do that, then I am not interested in engaging you. Take care.

Google will be the one to tell me what YOU think works and defend it for you?

You should not engage me when you cannot defend arguments you make is the point.

Next time don't open threads to make such arguments.
Re: Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? by blesoh(f): 7:08pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ulunne777:
Yes on a good day after you've been warned several times.
This year alone I had bought up to 3 slippers for them and they'd throw it over the next compound while playing.costly kiddies footwearsoo. They usually land in a big gutter there which means no retrieval. I talked, threatened yet when I buy another one the same story.

I have had enough and after flogging them very well presented a new one. The one called bathroom slippers�.each #150

OMG,6 months after they are still intact to be washed every Saturday. If you see the carefulness. Lol

Exactly, sometimes i will talk and talk no change, but once i bring out the cane even without flogging they will start behaving normal
Re: Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
Okay mr.

Gamesmart:

Google will be the one to tell me what YOU think works and defend it for you?

You should not engage me when you cannot defend arguments you make is the point.

Next time don't open threads to make such arguments.
Re: Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? by Gamesmart: 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
blesoh:

Exactly, sometimes i will talk and talk no change, but once i bring out the cane even without flogging they will start behaving normal

No mind them.

Dem go dey talk nonsense with confidence.
Re: Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 03, 2021
bizme:
You're a perfect example of how not to raise a child. Instead of countering my points you would rather abuse me. This kind of aggression is pretty common in Nigeria: now you know why. Too much beating by mum ad dad made you wanna attack anyone with contrary opinion. It is a form of trying to beat dissenting opinion into submission. I hope you heal though.

U made no point to counter sir.
Re: Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? by DonroxyII: 4:47am On Jan 10, 2021
I train leaders .....

Beating is part of Discipline...

Reason why migration to Obodo oyinbo scares me ... Because I don't want to be thinking twice when I "have to" spank my own children in moulding them becoming a better person especially on issues that requires spanking in order to facilitate necessary corrections and controls !

Nonetheless, there is a thin line between Beating a child and Abuse of a Child .... Most parents do cross this line because they do not have child administration skills themselves and they also lack leadership qualities .....

Your child will behave like you (It's DNA) .... why beating them for what you are doing wrong grin ...

One Surest way discipline for a child is to establish a clear cut responsibilities for them and convince them on the merit of fulfilling such responsibilities and the consequences of being irresponsible...... Imbibe in them leadership qualities and challenge them when they erred as if they are an Adult ..... There sense of maturity get developed as earlier as possible ....

you see your kids having more reasonableness and maturity than someone like 10years ahead of them in age !

Children's brain is Open Source ... they learn from what they see and are all subjected to their parent's DNA ... whatever you do today will surely affect your offspring ceteris paribus !!
Re: Child Discipline: Do You Believe In Beating Your Child? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2021
We were told that morality in Nigeria is much better than in the developed world....and it's all because we beat our children like goats. :-)

dre11:

…Three out of ten Nigerian men are not biological fathers of their children…

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Ex Wife Kidnapped My Daughter / Photo: Missing Person - Elizabeth Okocha Missing Since Nov. 23rd / Why Women Hide Money From Their Husbands!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.