Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,739 members, 7,820,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? (9404 Views)

Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:32am On Jan 04, 2021
Maximus is only telling you not to worry yourself because Barrister is just ridiculing your TRINITY concept! undecided

shadeyinka:

That was said by Barrister07 himself, representing the JWs here. Although Maximus is trying hard to correct his line of thought.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 7:34am On Jan 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
That's why i said if that's true then you don't need all these arguments, just present a gathering of people where Mr Holy Spirit is working so everyone can see the benefits of his works.
Note that it's when you see the performance of a technician that you go out to employ him, the same logic should be applied in the case of Mr Holy Spirit. Jesus said we should beg the father to give us the holy spirit, therefore to convince an unbeliever that he needs this spirit, all you need is point, show, present, name the group of persons where Mr Holy Spirit is working in their midst lóbátán! undecided

Service the Watchtower Organisation! LOL

You'll soon be handsomely rewarded by them at the headquarters! LOL!!
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 7:34am On Jan 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Maximus is only telling you not to worry yourself because Barrister is just ridiculing your TRINITY concept! undecided

Damage control!
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:37am On Jan 04, 2021
The highlighted is the one and only place where the Holy Spirit is operational! Galatians 5:22-23

So any right thinking person will agree that they perfectly know what they're saying about what is working in their midst! James 2:18-23

God bless you my friend! smiley

shadeyinka:

Service the Watchtower Organisation! LOL

You'll soon be handsomely rewarded by them at the headquarters! LOL!!
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 7:43am On Jan 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I respect you as an intelligent being and image of God, try to improve the level of your intelligence!
What is the purpose of asking questions all the time when you already know that members of this group will give you the same response? undecided
Come on Shadeyinka you should be wiser than this, once you know what is published in our magazines and you're aware that it's believing (trusting) in those publications that makes one a JW.

Your next line of action should be to present something of higher value and operational somewhere not questions upon questions that you already know what they will give you as response!

Imagine this question of yours again!
My friend, Maximus and Barrister both belongs to the same Organization (JW) and you know our logo is the same line of thought, so why asking me if i'm in agreement with my brother in faith?

Well it's just a question, i'm in agreement with the Watchtower just as Barrister so we will always be in agreement! John 17:20-23 smiley
Discoveries are made by questioning answers. Don't be satisfied with only knowing their answer(s). Always question the why, as in meaning, find out the reason for the answer(s)

Personally I never relent in questioning, and so the reason why I often lead on from one question to another, until I reach a void.

A simple battery of questions will quickly distinguish who knows what they portray to know and willing to give answers or who are pretenders and so will shy from confronting the questions and sincerely, truthfully and honestly answer them, lmso.

One of the first responsibilities of every human being is to question. A wise person can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer. The immediate and unrelenting question should always be: What's the actual truth in this/these matters, lmso?

Some people who should be spiritually mature and ready to answer hard questions, aren't spiritually mature and aren't ready to answer hard questions, hence oftentimes we have an impasse or showstopper, lmso

Curiosity has its own reason for existing. The brain, isn't an ornament to decorate the body with, and so, we are blessed with this powerfully built processing functional gift for a purpose, reason and such times as these, so think with it. Thinking begins when you ask really difficult questions. Bottom line, dont berate questioning because it is important, not to stop questioning.

I am sure wouldnt have hurt had it been Eve counter questioned the serpent, lmso

shadeyinka:
That was said by Barrister07 himself, representing the JWs here.
Although Maximus is trying hard to correct his line of thought.
[img]https://i./2OQY.gif[/img]
Oh I see, so what was MaxInDHouse correcting it to?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:46am On Jan 04, 2021
Soul is the person as a whole, the body is what every eyes see to IDENTIFY the soul in a gathering but it's the character that proves the soul is the person. For instance imagine seeing Mr Babajide Sanwo-olu alone pushing a refuse truck along your street, surely you'll recognize the body but you'll marvel at what he's doing because if it's the person you're thinking of he shouldn't be doing that!

Spirit is just the force energizing the body, so at death this force returns to it's giver/supplier! Psalms 104:29; Ecclesiastes 12:7

Blabbermouth:

To start with, can you tell me leaving no stone unturned, the differences between your Soul and your Spirit?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 7:57am On Jan 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The highlighted is the one and only place where the Holy Spirit is operational! Galatians 5:22-23

So any right thinking person will agree that they perfectly know what they're saying about what is working in their midst! James 2:18-23

God bless you my friend! smiley

Best news from you @highlight!

Self praise amount to nothing!

What did my Lord and Christ teach?

Mat 5:16:
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

It is my neighbors who glorify God because of my deeds. I don't do self praise.

Luk 17:10:
"So likewise you , when you shall have done all those things which are commanded you , say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do."

I am rather happy and rejoice that my name is written in the book of life.

Mat 6:2:
"Therefore when you do your alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward."

Yes!
You see my emphasis: you have your reward by the organisation you strive so hard to please.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 8:01am On Jan 04, 2021
MuttleyLaff:
Discoveries....

[img]https://i./2OQY.gif[/img]
Oh I see, so what was MaxInDHouse correcting it to?
That is was a statement of sarcasm!
Damage control!
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 9:21am On Jan 04, 2021
MuttleyLaff:
What Makes Man?
Or better still what is man?
Man is a spirit being, residing or housed in a Body and possessing a Soul, so Man is made up of Body, Soul (i.e. uses the heart as an outlet) and Spirit. The Soul has the body and spirit on each opposite sides of it. In a nutshell, Man essentially, is a spirit being with a soul, housed, encapsulated, and/or wrapped up in a human being body suit

The spirit and soul have different faculties, and so the faculties of the spirit, comprises of Fellowship, Conscience, Discernment or Intuition, whilst the faculties of the Soul comprises of the Mind (i.e. consciousness and sub consciousness) or Intellect, Will or Freewill, and Emotions and the Body has 5 faculties of senses, which are, to see, via the eyes, hear, via the ears, feel, via applicable part of the body, smell, via the nose and taste, via the mouth.

Some people have lost that ability to know bad from good. It's similar to losing sense of taste, smell, sight, hearing, feeling pain or not et cetera

MuttleyLaff:
shadeyinka, just mull over what I've so far advanced and wait for when I am actively back here in the late PM. Sebi nah truth and proper understanding you want erhn? Then wait nah, it'll be worth the waiting.

shadeyinka:
Okay!

MuttleyLaff:
"Guard your heart above all else,
for it determines the course of your life
(i.e. for everything you do flows from the heart)
"
- Proverbs 4:23

"The good man brings good things out of the good treasure of his heart,
and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil treasure of his heart.
For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks
"
- Luke 6:45

shadeyinka, I am 110% sure you'll agree and accept that, it is the Soul that is saved even Ezekiel 18:20 emphatically states that: "The soul that sinneth, it shall die.", it doesnt say its the Body or the Spirit. Now, the heart is used by the Soul but the heart definitely is not the Spirit

Let me slip this bit in, first, as a preamble. Proverbs 4:23 and Luke 6:45 above, informs us that, it's out of the abundance of the heart first, then processed in the brain or mind, before the mouth speaks. All evil intents comes forth out of the heart, as in, the heart housed in the human Body. Mark 7:21-22, paints a picture of the heart with the following: "For from within the hearts of men come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, debauchery, envy, slander, arrogance, and foolishness" and Jeremiah 17:9 doesnt paint the heart in good light either, as it says: "The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?"

Incidentally, the verse, Psalms 51:10, informatively tells us, that the heart is linked with the mind, which is part of the Soul. The same Soul or psyche uses the heart as an outlet, to pass out or pass in things, from the Body and/or Spirit via the heart in the Soul. I'll soon below explain how it does this and/or how this works

What is man?
"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
"
- Genesis 2:7

"For the Spirit of God has made me,
and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
"
- Job 33:4

Man is a spirit being, residing or housed in a Body and possessing a Soul (i.e. a psyche). In fact, Man is made up of Body, Soul and Spirit. As a matter of fact, the Soul or psyche, has the Body and Spirit on each opposite sides of it. In a nutshell, Man essentially, is a spirit being with a Soul, housed, encapsulated, and/or wrapped up, in a human being body suit.

Genesis 2:7 and Job 33:4 above, informs us, its "ruach" the Spirit from God and "neshamah" that keeps the human body animated.

Now shadeyinka, please dont try to mix up "ruach" and "neshamah" with ordinary and/or commonplace spirits, as in meaning, dont try to mix up the Spirit of God and the breath or wind of God, with extraterrestrial beings, which is what evil and good spirits are.

Fyi, "ruach", in Hebrew, with its corresponding Greek word "pneuma" essentially and in an almost oversimplified way means force. It is breath, wind, spirit of God, all rolled in as one thing. It in a sense, is the invisible force or power of God, hence why being perceived as a Spirit, so yes, "ruach" is the Spirit of God. In fact you wont wrong in saying that "ruach" or "Ha Ruach Ha Kodesh" is the Holy Spirit, as in, the Spirit of God.

You can see both "ruach" and "neshamah" being interplayed in the creation of man from Genesis 2:7 reproduced above, and as a witness plus as a supporting verse, Job 33:4 you see reproduced above, confirms, by testifying, that, its "ruach" that made man and it is "neshamah" that gives man life

"Neshamah", incidentally, is actually derived from another Hebrew word called "nasham" that means to pant and/or blow away with air, now, when the spirit, as in, meaning, "neshamah", the breath, returns back to God, the Body slumps and the Soul goes into comatose. This looks and feels, similar to a TV animated cartoon changed and turned into a cartoon strip character, on a comic book or magazine paper. TV animated cartoon characters moves, but cartoon strip character, on a comic book or magazine paper dont move like animated cartoon characters watched on TV screens. For the life of the body is in the blood and the life of the soul is in the spirit. When the spirit leaves the body, it returns back to God, leaving the body inanimate, meaning leaves it motionless and lifeless, as in, without life or no more with life. Ecclesiastes 12:7

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:
and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
"
- Ecclesiastes 12:7

Now, moving further on, the Spirit and Soul have different faculties, where the faculties of the spirit, comprises of Fellowship, Conscience, Discernment or Intuition, while the faculties of the Soul are made up of the Mind (i.e. consciousness and sub consciousness) or Intellect, Will or Freewill, and Emotions. The Body is not left out, it has 5 faculties of senses, and these are, sight, as in to see via the eyes, hearing, as in hear via the ears, touch, as in, feel via applicable part of the body, smell, as in, perceive via the nose and last but not the least, taste, as in, sense with the mouth.

The Body is worldly conscious and relates to the environment and its surroundings, the Soul is self conscious and relates to self & other people and the Spirit is God conscious and relates to God. After the death of the Body, the Soul without God, without any affinity with God, cant achieve or have eternal life

Now, remember shadeyinka, that the question was: "What is Man" Well, my intro response is, the Soul, biblically speaking, is the most important existence of Man and that is why the battle is and always has been about and over the Soul. All attacks, are ultimately targeted at and for the Soul. Now, getting started proper, the Soul is the first medium key component of Man created by God and Man is tickled and accessed through this same Soul, by way of the Body and Spirit. The Soul, as a matter of fact and in effect, is the mediator between the Body and Spirit. The Soul uses the heart, as the point from where issues are sent out and/or distributed from.

Let me elaborate and explain a bit how everything works, the different faculties in the Soul waits, to pick up signals coming from the relevant and/or applicable faculties in the Body and the Spirit. This crucial bit of information here, is very important to grasp, and it is that, the Soul receives from the Body and deposits into the Spirit. Whatever the Body reads or sees via the eyes, hears via the ears, feels via applicable part of the body, smells via the nose and talks or tastes via the mouth is picked up by the Soul and deposited into the Spirit. The Spirit then, upon receiving these things from the Soul, has to deal with or process what the Soul has deposited into the Spirit's laps.

Fya shade/yinka, please note, anywhere in the post you see "Spirit", unless it is stated otherwise, take it, to mean, as in, spirit-man, and not the Holy Spirit or Spirit of God. Thank you

Now, this here, is why regulation is very important. It is why we ought to control and oversee what the Soul is picking up from or what it is picking up with the senses. If you have to by all means, eat the chicken or fish, then its necessary to know when and how to spit out the bones, or if it's straw to eat, then know when and how to spit out the sticks, alternatively, if it's liquor to drink, and you cant hold it down so you don't throw it up, then know how or when to stay away from the liquor. Caveat emptor clause #1 done.

The devil has no power over anyone, except if such person, is in the dark, dabbling in the dark or is ignorant, so I'll advise the curious to distance themselves from dabbling into the dark, to save themselves from misery, but if hellbent on dining with the devil, then make sure you've got a long spoon to dine and eat with. Caveat emptor clause #2 done.

Resuming and back on track, now, if the Soul picks up an interaction, info, instruction, message, communication, issue etcetera from the Body, it cant interpret, then the deposit the Soul received from the Body and put into the Spirit will be unfruitful then (i.e. remember the red emboldened above hmm?) The thing here, is that, the Spirit, by the God design, knows what it expects from the Soul for positive fruition to be possible but the Soul has received from the Body something it doesnt via the Mind or Intellect understand or know about. Wahala don begin to gas be dat ooo. Now, just as in the physical, when the stomach growls, making noises for food, when nourishing is long overdue, so it is spiritually, the Spirit, intercedes for us through wordless and noiseless groans for substances necessary for growth, health and good condition

The Soul, as a conduit, a vent hole determines what the Spirit receives, but if the Soul is transferring the wrong expectations (e.g. like not praying right, not asking right, not the will of God etctera) then the Spirit, does the wordless groans. It does this because the spirit-man knows what should be prayed for, so it becomes restless with wordless groans, when the expectation(s) is not forthcoming or not in sight. The Spirit, as in, the spirit-man, is like saying: Hey Mr Soul, where are the goods I am expecting, please dont feed me with trash, junk and any of all these ungodly razzmatazz stuffs. So since the Spirit, is capable of asking and telling the Soul what it needs, the Soul just has to return back to the Body to honour the request and be asking the Body for correct or "kosher" stuff and not the crap its received

Now, if it is one of those classic cases of the Spirit, is willing BUT the Body is weak, then the Body many times will REFUSE the Soul the request of the Spirit, and here we have a typical case of struggle or power tussle going on in the Soul involving the Body and the Spirit
The Spirit , knows what it needs the Soul giving it from the Body (i.e. the Spirit tells the Soul what to do, expecting the Soul to relay this information request to the Body) but the Body, many times, is not ready or prepared to act in accordance with the wish or command of the Spirit, by giving or offering it to the Soul for the Spirit.

There is a rule, that the Spirit, cannot give to the Body righteous things it didnt receives from the Soul. Hmm, I perceive someone's going to trip at this point, so OK, here is the clarification to ward off any confusion:
The Soul passes on all righteous things it receives from the Body, if the seed is able to bear fruit and is meaningful when the Spirit receives it, the Spirit, will then fertilise the ''seed'' and return it back to the Body, via the Soul, bumper harvest fruitfully. Call it positive and welcome payback, if you like.

So, in effect, the Soul feeds the Spirit, and the Soul receives from the Spirit, to feed the Body. This is the reason, why if your mind (i.e. Soul) doesnt understand something OR anything, it would be unable to interpret, to then, successfully feed the Spirit or the Body.

shade/yinka, do you ever recoil back, when watching something gruesome happening in real life or maybe just on a TV screen slash internet, as in, like in a horror film or something? If you do, well that's your spirit, as in your spirit-man, not wanting to be needlessly grieved. Sometimes, you have to protect the gateway to your spirit-man because you might not necessarily want to relive or remember that moment, so you block any avenue, contact or link to that thing happening or going on at that moment of time. What is happening here, is you preventing your spirit-man from being fed with junk. You are protecting your heart and shielding it from receiving and/or taking in from junk. You are blocking the faculties from transferring junk to the Soul via the heart.

"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health,
even as thy soul prospereth
"
- 3 John 1:2

As seen in 3 John 1:2 above, the Soul (i.e. the Mind (i.e. conscious and sub conscious) or Intellect, Will or Freewill, and Emotions) tops it all. Of course, the ability of the Soul to prosper or be held back to any degree, is dependent on the Spirit, getting the right detail, at which to relay back to the Body via the Soul at a latter date, future or time, as and when needed.

This is another God design, quest for quality GIGO and QIQO system set-up. GIGO is an ancroymn for "Garbage in, Garbage out" and QIQO is an ancroymn for "Quality in, Quality out" If the Soul sends in shiit to the Spirit, the Soul gets shiit back from the Spirit. It just implies that bad input by the Soul will result in bad output in return, sent back from the Spirit to the Soul. Ultimately too, the Body, at the receiving end of it all, gets the flawed and nonsense input data from the Soul, this comes by nonsense output garbage obtained from the Spirit that originally and in first place was sent in from the Soul coming from one or more of the Body's faculties (e.g. eyes, ears, touch, mouth, smell)

"For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay."
- Psalm 16:10

shade/yinka, you're too heavy to want to fall for my hand now, please dont. Biko, jor abeg. The soul of Jesus, not being left in Sheol, aka hell/hades, is King David's Psalm 16:10 prophecy being fulfilled. Everything written about Jesus, in the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms were each and every one fulfilled, and so we have it that the soul of Jesus was not abandoned in Sheol nor His body decayed. Praise God. Alleluia.

Now, shade/yinka, when our Lord Jesus Christ resurrected, He resurrected with a glorified body. Need I go on, need I say more, if not, then I rest my case then.

After the death of the Body, the Soul without God, without any affinity with God, cant achieve or have eternal life

I guess shade/yinka that you'll agree that the devil and demons are souless, meaning they have no soul. Now, the reason why the devil and the demons are inredeemable is because of the fact that they have no souls. The devil and the demons, are not able to be saved, be improved, or be corrected because of the mere fact that they lack a soul. The devil and the demons, to start with, unlike human beings, havent got diddly squat souls to make better, to improve upon, to make more desirable, satisfactory and/or effective.

God doesnt have a soul, heart, eyes, legs, hands ears, etcetera literally as we human being and/or we terrestrial beings do physically have

Blabbermouth:
To start with, can you tell me leaving no stone unturned, the differences between your Soul and your Spirit?
"For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow.
It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires
(i.e. discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart)
."
- Hebrews 4:12

To start with, I can with Hebrews 4:12 above, show and/or tell you without looking under the hood or stones as you would prefer to say it, that there is a clear distinction between the soul and the spirit, lmso.

I wasn't going to re-invent the wheel, so I share with you as seen above, two "one I already made elsewhere" answers with related responses to your question and so thereby granting your hopefully earnest request, lmso

So there you have it all Blabbermouth, a detailed breakdown and the functional dynamics between the body, soul and spirit, lmso
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:58am On Jan 04, 2021
There you go again quoting our book out of context instead of asking for PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what our teacher said! smiley

shadeyinka:

Best news from you @highlight!

Self praise amount to nothing!

What did my Lord and Christ teach?

Mat 5:16:
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

Nobody can be the light of the world as you're just living in a part where billions can't notice you and your conduct. So Jesus is referring to a group that will be known globally for their faith not just you whose lifestyle is not know not even on Nairaland unlike JWs that you can speak of what we believe globally. Compare to your ECWA where the teachings there doesn't define your own line of thought! smiley

It is my neighbors who glorify God because of my deeds. I don't do self praise.

Luk 17:10:
"So likewise you , when you shall have done all those things which are commanded you , say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do."
The PRACTICAL APPLICATION of this is we keep preaching and teaching without thinking of when we need a break as what we're doing is what we ought to have done! smiley

I am rather happy and rejoice that my name is written in the book of life.

Mat 6:2:
"Therefore when you do your alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Truly I say to you, They have their reward."

Yes!
You see my emphasis: you have your reward by the organisation you strive so hard to please.

This is a lesson totally different from what we are saying here, Jesus is saying when we assist our brothers we shouldn't let anyone know. smiley
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 10:17am On Jan 04, 2021
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 11:12am On Jan 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
There you go again quoting our book out of context instead of asking for PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what our teacher said! smiley

Nobody can be the light of the world as you're just living in a part where billions can't notice you and your conduct. So Jesus is referring to a group that will be known globally for their faith not just you whose lifestyle is not know not even on Nairaland unlike JWs that you can speak of what we believe globally. Compare to your ECWA where the teachings there doesn't define your own line of thought! smiley

The PRACTICAL APPLICATION of this is we keep preaching and teaching without thinking of when we need a break as what we're doing is what we ought to have done! smiley

This is a lesson totally different from what we are saying here, Jesus is saying when we assist our brothers we shouldn't let anyone know. smiley
Wait for your reward. I understand that the Watchtower Organisation is generous!

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:16am On Jan 04, 2021
Thanks for your time my friend! smiley

shadeyinka:

Wait for your reward. I understand that the Watchtower Organisation is generous!

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2021
livingchrist:
yes the 'ONLY' is only limited to revealed persons.

ONLY the Father knows, do you believe this ?

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:05pm On Jan 04, 2021
TRINITY dogheads is what's blurring his senses, just remove TRINITY from the scene and he will easily grasp what Jesus said! smiley

Barristter07:

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by livingchrist: 12:49pm On Jan 04, 2021
Barristter07:

only the father in what context? Paul already stated that the holy Spirit knows the mind of God.
So, It means Jesus already excluded the holy Spirit and was only speaking in a limited way.

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by freshboi88: 2:08pm On Jan 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
No wahala Sir, just present the positive result of the presence of Mr Holy Spirit in any gathering you know that's all Sir! James 2:18-26

May you have PEACE! smiley

This ur response is getting stale. Loser!!!!!.

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:16pm On Jan 04, 2021
Thanks Sir! smiley

freshboi88:

This ur response is getting stale. Loser!!!!!.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2021
Barristter07:

Do you believe HOLY SPIRIT knows the MIND OF GOD?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:35pm On Jan 04, 2021
PRACTICAL APPLICATION!

True worshipers of God will succeed in knowing what the will of God is when all those deceived by the Devil are confused! Luke 11:23
Everyone will notice the fruit of God's holy spirit in the gathering of God's true servants even though all of us are sinful descendants of Adam. Matthew 5:13-16, 7:16-18
It's the holy spirit who knows the mind of God that's helping his humble and obedient servants sought out what God's will is! Romans 12:2

That's the import Sir! smiley

Emusan:

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2021
livingchrist:
only the father in what context? Paul already stated that the holy Spirit knows the mind of God.
So, It means Jesus already excluded the holy Spirit and was only speaking in a limited way.

The only option here is that holyspirit is thing.

Any attempt to qualify it as a person will make Jesus a Liar, only a Liar says " ONLY " when there it's not only that person that knows.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
Emusan:

Yes. So do you accept ONLY The person called Father knows ?

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 7:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
Barristter07:
That would make Jesus a Liar, he said Only the Father knows. So holy spirit also know?

livingchrist:
It doesnt make Jesus a liar, Jesus was only speaking in the context of persons that his disciples were familiar with and in that context only the father knew.
Yes the holy spirit knew.

1 Corinthians 2:11
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

See paul is saying the spirit of God knows the mind of God.

Barristter07:
Then Jesus is wrong that ONLY , ONLY , ONLY , ONLY , ONLY the Father knows. Two persons not one person as Jesus said

livingchrist:
yes the 'ONLY' is only limited to revealed persons.

Barristter07:
ONLY the Father knows, do you believe this?

Emusan:

Barristter07:
Yes. So do you accept ONLY The person called Father knows ?
Do you accept that its only God, who knows what is in human beings' hearts and equally knows what their intentions are or its only God knows what's in human beigs' thoughts?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MightySparrow: 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2021
johhbekeboh09:

Not Holy Spirit but...
Rather God's holy spirit
Not an individual like Jehovah and Jesus (Isaiah 6:1,2)(ACTS 7:55,56)
So, other scriptures are wrong abi? Continue.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2021
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2021
Barristter07:

Yes.

Then Holy Spirit knows too

So do you accept ONLY The person called Father knows ?

So how could this be if Holy Spirit knows the MIND of the person called Father, or can a person do something outside his/her own mind?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2021
Barristter07:

Any attempt to qualify it as a person will make Jesus a Liar, only a Liar says " ONLY " when there it's not only that person that knows.

Lying liar

Holy Spirit has mind, can speak, can hear, can be grieved.

What else that make something a person that Bible doesn't use for the Holy Spirit?

Only a liar and deluded person will say A THING not a person can KNOW THE MIND of God.

I don't know when NONLIVING THINGS developed the ability "TO KNOW", this can only come from the lying liar JWs.

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 9:03pm On Jan 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
[s]PRACTICAL APPLICATION!

True worshipers of God will succeed in knowing what the will of God is when all those deceived by the Devil are confused! Luke 11:23
Everyone will notice the fruit of God's holy spirit in the gathering of God's true servants even though all of us are sinful descendants of Adam. Matthew 5:13-16, 7:16-18[/s]

It's the holy spirit who knows the mind of God that's helping his humble and obedient servants sought out what God's will is! Romans 12:2

Like I do say, you people know the truth but because the influence of your father the Devil is so strong on you people, then the yoke is too heavy to take off but this yoke can only be taken off by Jesus Christ.

The "WHO" you used up there is only used for living things (especially for a person), you use "THAT" for nonliving things. That's different between WHO & THAT

If English is your problem then you can be pardoned.

Lastly, only a Deluded and lying liar person will say A THING or NON LIVING THINGS KNOW something especially what is within a person.

Only living things have the ability TO KNOW, I wonder how you people pass English.

It's like saying the chair in your sitting room knows your mind or the Air you breath in knows what you have in mind.

Just so pathetic for you people all because you just want to keep fighting for the 8 men rather than going with what God's word says.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by johnw47: 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
PRACTICAL APPLICATION!

Everyone will notice the fruit of god's holy spirit in the gathering of god's true servants satan's false jw sect <edit for truth
even though all of us are sinful descendants of Adam. Matthew 5:13-16, 7:16-18

false jw mad max

you are deluded, truly most no one in the world notices the fruit of the Holy Spirit in you false jw's
as is shown by how most at these forums see that the fruit of the Spirit is not in you

people even put signs on their gates saying: NO JEHOVAHS WITNESSES
your lies and false prophecies and self righteousness are known globally

your sect sure do brainwash you lot

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Janosky: 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
Emusan:

Lying liar

Holy Spirit has mind, can speak, can hear, can be grieved.

What else that make something a person that Bible doesn't use for the Holy Spirit?

Only a liar and deluded person will say A THING not a person can KNOW THE MIND of God.

I don't know when NONLIVING THINGS developed the ability "TO KNOW", this can only come from the lying liar JWs.

Bros, no dey DECEIVE yourself posting GIBBERISH grin cheesy
,* Luke 7:35, " Wisdom is proved righteous by it's children".
Na Which organ wisdom get to born children?
* Romans 6:23, sin pays wages, Bros , is sin an employer of labour ?
* Romans 7:11, "sin seduced me", sin na person?
1 Corinthians 15:55, death gives a sting , death has victory, na person?

According to your logic, sin , death , wisdom all na person cheesy grin
Bros, RECEIVE SENSE cheesy grin

Bros, Go and write your own Matthew 24:36.

Romans 11:34 Who has come to know Jehovah's mind?"
1 Corinthians 2:16, " we have the mind of Christ"
. grin cheesy.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by livingchrist: 12:07am On Jan 05, 2021
Barristter07:

The holy spirit is a person and that does not mean Jesus was lying.

The same Jesus also said that overcomers would be given a name which no one knows but only those who are given the names.

Going by your logic it means God will not also know the name.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by johnw47: 12:23am On Jan 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

HUMBLE laugh
by the way "who" is a bit personal for your "it" your "thing"

Maximus69:

it will take at least SIX fully armed military police officers to subdue just one single military intelligence officer of my kind, if it's just one combatant soldier i will make him regret the very day he joined the force but if he's not into martial arts of any kind then i'll make him eat and drink through his anus!

twelve Combatant mobile police officers are just like bloody civilians before one military intelligence officer
like me!

Janosky:

Mr LIENUS,
God uses the holy spirit to speak THROUGH people" ,Yes !

Mr LIENUS,you are contradicting yourself... Holy spirit can NOT speak by itself, no dey DECEIVE yourself.
It came from God, it reveals only what God directs, WAYO man.
grin grin

false jw mad max
HUMBLE you say smiley
you satans mob of course cannot stop lying, oh puffed up one

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Obadiah777 Prophecy Is Looking Real America Is Ready For Wwlll / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? / Pictures Of Black Women With Big Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.