Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? (27207 Views)

When Is The Best Time To Get Covid-19 Vaccine If I'm Pregnant? / Would You Receive The Covid-19 Vaccine If Offered To You Without Clinical Trial? / President Rajoelina: "WHO Offered $20M Bribe To Poison Madagascar COVID-19 Cure" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by dubbiskelly(m): 11:18am On Jan 03, 2021
I’ve been offered, still considering it
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by phyl123: 11:19am On Jan 03, 2021
Yes
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by kendrick9(m): 11:19am On Jan 03, 2021
hotwax:

That's how those monkeys obey their slave masters...anything america bring to them, they must accept.

No reasoning capacity...their ability to question things is zero
You say this but I'm sure you're practicing a white man's religion

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by IbnIbrahim: 11:21am On Jan 03, 2021
Baoo4eva:
It would be nice to see what nigerian feel about receiving the covid vaccine.

I have received my first jab as I work for the NHS in UK and now have to wait for the second jab as there are uncertainty about the timing of the second jab.
Would like to know if Nigerians would be happy to receive the covid vaccine and which of vaccines
A bit of a background
The WHO has given emergency authorization for the use of the pfizer/biotech vaccine meaning this would be available for use in developing countries who don't have their own internal mechanism for such decisions, Nigeria inclusive.
Also, the Astrazeneca vaccine has being approved in some countries such as the UK and recently ,India. It may well be on course for WHO to approve it , this would be a vaccine for use in developing nations as it's easier to store and transport unlike the pfizer/biotech that needs temperature of less than -70degrees.
And there are many more vaccines still in various states of trials, 49 of them are already named.
The federal government is planning to spend 400billion naira on vaccine , but it is very important to see what opinions are , if people are willing to receive the jab or not.
Studies conducted by the FDA in the USA shows that African-Americans are less likely to receive the jab with as low as 4 in 10 saying they would receive the jab.
So, would you be happy to receive the jab??

I will receive it without any hesitation

2 Likes

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Juliearth(f): 11:22am On Jan 03, 2021
Baoo4eva:

I have received my first jab as I work for the NHS in UK and now have to wait for the second jab as there are uncertainty about the timing of the second jab.
Would like to know if Nigerians would be happy to receive the covid vaccine and which of vaccines
A bit of a background
The WHO has given emergency authorization for the use of the pfizer/biotech vaccine meaning this would be available for use in developing countries who don't have their own internal mechanism for such decisions, Nigeria inclusive.
Also, the Astrazeneca vaccine has being approved in some countries such as the UK and recently ,India. It may well be on course for WHO to approve it , this would be a vaccine for use in developing nations as it's easier to store and transport unlike the pfizer/biotech that needs temperature of less than -70degrees.
And there are many more vaccines still in various states of trials, 49 of them are already named.
The federal government is planning to spend 400billion naira on vaccine , but it is very important to see what opinions are , if people are willing to receive the jab or not.
Studies conducted by the FDA in the USA shows that African-Americans are less likely to receive the jab with as low as 4 in 10 saying they would receive the jab.

Would I be arrested, denied access to basic facilities or ostracized if I dont take these jabs?
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by InvertedHammer: 11:24am On Jan 03, 2021
cococandy:
You didn’t get Ebola or any of those other viruses that’s why you lived

/
And you are dead now because you got Covid-19.

Don't downplay your natural immune system if you are not immuno-compromised. It is not a miracle that Africans are not dropping like flies as predicted by "Dr" Bill Gates.

Just like any disease, some people who took and those refuse to take the vaccine will still get Covid-19.
/

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by chiefolododo(m): 11:24am On Jan 03, 2021
It is not necessary

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by jamace(m): 11:26am On Jan 03, 2021
Have Bill Gates children taken it ?....Charity begins from home.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by bareal(m): 11:27am On Jan 03, 2021
Why would I receive a vaccine for a disease that has 99% recovery rate even in less than a week?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by encryptjay(m): 11:28am On Jan 03, 2021
We don't need it yet. We're doing pretty fine. Medical practitioners are always going to sensitise people on reasons why it is important to get this vaccine.
We should use Kogi state as a case study in all these COVID-19 brouhaha in the country. It is real but it is not as deadly as they're putting it in Nigeria. 80 percent of the country's population don't even follow the regular protocols and guidelines. I'm not even sure the president himself has used hand sanitizer up to 50 times since it started grin
COVID-19 recovery rate is more than 90% for Pete's sake.
This government go scam una sha

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by erico2k2(m): 11:30am On Jan 03, 2021
Baoo4eva:

A bit of a background
you guys are kidding yourselves that vaccination will never rake place in Nigeria
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by luminouz(m): 11:31am On Jan 03, 2021
drake49:
No i won't... Because i know my country will give the vaccine to people without proper research and test on it... I nor fit take vaccine, and start behaving like monkey later

Lol...ain't you a higher monkey before?
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by texazzpete(m): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2021
Yes. I would
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:33am On Jan 03, 2021
cococandy:
no

There’s not even enough for everyone yet so they are prioritizing frontline health workers first.
No one has time to force anyone
Cool. . I would hav lov to mail u and have further discusn ..unfortunately i dont have smartphone but i wil folo u
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by wisdomclay(m): 11:34am On Jan 03, 2021
Hell No
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Grandmeister(m): 11:34am On Jan 03, 2021
Codes151:
i tire.

Even Americans are suspicious of the WHO and gates partnership. And they doubting the vaccine yet. Somewhere in Africa, someone wants to jump into it.

It’s crazy bro
It makes them feel and sound ‘woke’.
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by cococandy(f): 11:37am On Jan 03, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
And you are dead now because you got Covid-19.

Don't downplay your natural immune system if you are not immuno-compromised. It is not a miracle that Africans are not dropping like flies as predicted by "Dr" Bill Gates.

Just like any disease, some people who took and those refuse to take the vaccine will still get Covid-19.
/

Those who don’t want the vaccine don’t have to get it.

But I corrected you because you compared dissimilar diseases in your attempt to downplay the vaccine. And in fact lots of people are dying from covid in Africa and the world. Africans just don’t care about statistics. It’s the “enemies and evil spirits” that killed them.

If we are trusting our immune systems and say no vaccine to the people, hundreds of millions of people worldwide will die. If that’s an okay number to you, then carry on.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by ransomed: 11:37am On Jan 03, 2021
I won't be your guinea pig bro.
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by cococandy(f): 11:38am On Jan 03, 2021
Codes151:
i tire.

Even Americans are suspicious of the WHO and gates partnership. And they doubting the vaccine yet. Somewhere in Africa, someone wants to jump into it.

It’s crazy bro

So the “dumb Americans” are now your role models?

Feel inferior much?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by cococandy(f): 11:38am On Jan 03, 2021
Grandmeister:

It makes them feel and sound ‘woke’.
smh

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by elisho: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2021
vaccine kill them there mad govermant
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by ruffDiamond: 11:39am On Jan 03, 2021
make my penis bend if I collect am!vaccine for common flu and malaria arrant nonsense
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:39am On Jan 03, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:
who is the we?
It does if it did not they will not be vaccinating children or adults please seek knowledge talk facts and don't be ignorant vaccines are effective
We hear you
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Grandmeister(m): 11:41am On Jan 03, 2021
cococandy:
smh
Shake it well...when someone calls another “brain dead” for being cautious of a vaccine that took less than a year to be certified for a diseases with over 95% recovery rate, if that isn’t toxic narcissism then I don’t know what is.
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Omoluabi16(m): 11:41am On Jan 03, 2021
No. I won't.
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Raymond0008(m): 11:43am On Jan 03, 2021
Exc2000:
cool

Yes oo

I have received Vaccines for Polio , Herpetitis, Chicken pox so what's the big deal in Covid 19 Vaccines

If you have the immunisation scar on your left arm then you already got WHO Vaccines before

Fresh girl! Check ur pm
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by HenryThegreat1(m): 11:44am On Jan 03, 2021
247man:

You are the brain-dead slowpoke for not respecting other people’s belief and way of life!!!
Thanks, your response to him was nice.
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by HenryThegreat1(m): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2021
od501:

Educated illiterate. I bet u don't a reason behind your narcist comment. You know nothing apart from the western rubbish u have fed with in schools!
God bless you.
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 03, 2021
QuietHammer:
Don't be surprised, some brain-dead morons will reject it on religious grounds

Fools like you are the ones calling some people brain dead morons. When it is obvious that life is a choice.
To live or to die
To be religious or to be an atheist
To marry or remain single
To be educated or to not attend school
To have kids or not to have kids
To receive the vaccine or not to.

Senseless men like you can't reason that it is always wise to hold onto your beliefs and decisions and mind your business by not insulting anyone from making theirs.

Life is a choice and you have chosen to remain stupid and senseless this new year.

It is your choice so, live with it.

I am a Christian and I have chosen not to receive it. That's my choice. You can make the choice to go plung in the nearest river.

Because life is a choice
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Upright750: 11:47am On Jan 03, 2021
NeoWanZaeed:
Thanks for the explanation BUT Does it actually prevents? We all know it doesnt

Speak for ur self, you and who knows its doesn't work?
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by kpas4kpas2(m): 11:48am On Jan 03, 2021
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Passenger Dies At Lagos Airport, As Chidoka Tours Facilities / 60-Year-Old Fake Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patients Arrested In FCT / Syringe-manufacturing Company Packs Up, Cites Challenging Business Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.