Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? (27204 Views)

When Is The Best Time To Get Covid-19 Vaccine If I'm Pregnant? / Would You Receive The Covid-19 Vaccine If Offered To You Without Clinical Trial? / President Rajoelina: "WHO Offered $20M Bribe To Poison Madagascar COVID-19 Cure" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by DropsMic(m): 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2021
thinkmoney:

Please shebi we went to school? Why aren't we showing that we are educated on many occasions?
You posted something... something with very short and sharp caption/statement; it says there that her fainting isn't as a result of the shot. And you still posted it to show why you won't take the shot!?
If you had said no, nobody we question you. But now sensible people will question your intelligence because of your contradictory response

Yeah right. She fainted immediately she received the shot and yet for some fvcked up reason you believe that it isn't as a result of the shot that she fainted just because the media said so..... You must be very myopic.

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
AdaNri1:
That scar is for the BCG vaccine. To protect against tuberculosis. People saying no to covid vaccine may not have been aware that the bcg vaccine was implanted subcutaneously hence the scar. And they’re running away from a minor IM injection saying they don’t know what is in it.
The paracetamol they take, can they confirm all that’s in it
?
@bold are you minding them let them be exposing their ignorance it is not by force to take abeg.Let those who do not want to take clear road for those that want to let the vaccinnation move faster jaare.Israel is vaccinating majority of it's population

3 Likes

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:00pm On Jan 03, 2021
jamace:
Have Bill Gates children taken it ?....Charity begins from home.

Did Bill Gates create the vaccine where did you see him make it undecided

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Aboguede(m): 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2021
Where is my sit

E be like na for dis ending mad people dey plenty grin
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:05pm On Jan 03, 2021
Brandonx:
Why would any sane man reject a vaccine? undecided If it's possible I would even take for my children unborn grin

Lol grin grin people that their country will be the last to get the vaccine are busy shouting wa wa wa that they will not receive it.
No wahala as for me I go take am grin
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Iknowhow: 2:06pm On Jan 03, 2021
Nigerians sha. Do we even read? Majority of ppl on this thread don't want it that is to tell you how low we are in this country in our thought circle. So the modern world didn't poison you with almost all our perishable goods being imported na vaccine dem wan take turn you to zombie when you have even taken polio vaccine and the rest of it. Nigerians get problem

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Axadus:

Those days were different and peoples motives were not as evil as it is now
What makes it different and how do you know their motives keep listening ti conspiracy theories let them keep poisoning your mind.
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:08pm On Jan 03, 2021
efficiencie:

They will not hoard this one...they will force you to take it. The whole linking of NIN to phone lines is highly probably to hunt down and track persons who refuse to take the vaccines...they have been bought by the evil powers of this world but they will never succeed. Their plans will be rendered useless.

You are just delusional

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Codes151(m): 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
cococandy:

So the “dumb Americans” are now your role models?

Feel inferior much?
sense of reasoning and comprehension,,, F9
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
Sezi4Christ:

This isn't like the normal dna vaccine bro. This mrna vaccine really hasn't worked in animal testing cases even resulting in severe consequences in the animals. The only pharmaceutical making the normal dna vaccine is innovio. Do your research sir to avoid stories that touch. Besides, in most studies, side effects begin after 3 years and more. Bearing in mind the vaccine(moderna and pfizer) were only studied for maximum of 7 months. Ando if you're a nigerian, go and study the havoc pfizer wrecked in Northern Nigerians with their experiments. Africans be wise!!!

Don't disuade others from taking it if you don't wanna take it it is left to you Mr researcher

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by HabaHaba: 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
QuietHammer:
Don't be surprised, some brain-dead morons will reject it on religious grounds

How's your brain still ticking sef?!!! Your brain has been dead lonf before u were conceived, moronic Idyot!

Why condemn people who did not attack you, shege Dan iskan Bura oban gusua!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Josywhyte: 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2021
400bn for vaccines? Anybody wey handle this contract don hammer be that
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by jamace(m): 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Did Bill Gates create the vaccine where did you see him make it undecided
Bill Gates is a strong proponent of world population control and has great stake in the evil vaccines. Therefore, it is mandatory for him and his children to kick start the program by getting themselves injected...
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2021
franklingud:
For a vaccine that has 70% healing power?
No! Never!
It depends on the vaccine.
The one you are talking about is the oxford/astrazeneca vaccine.Pfizer and moderna have over 90% effective rate some of you don't even know the purpose of a vaccine it is not a cure.Don't take it one less space for others like myself willing to take it.

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:15pm On Jan 03, 2021
bjtinz:

Lol! Indeed. The "well informed doctors" you're referring to are likes of Dr Emmanuella and her fellow right-wing conspiracy-theory touting nutcases, abi? undecided undecided

The overwhelming scientific community has warmly welcomed the vaccines and doing everything possible to ensure as many people get vaccinated in the shortest possible time

USA is losing a staggering 3000+ DAILY DEATHS TO covid. India, Uk, Brazil are all feeling the brunt as well.

We are just fortunate here that's why you guys are taking things for granted.

Exactly sir don't mind them here.

Israel will vaccinate majority of it's population very soon I wonder why Nigerians that will wait for WHO and Bill Gates to help us buy or subsidize the vaccine are talking shit about what they know nothing about as if we will be one of the first countries to take the vaccine when we will get it last Ignorance is truly a disease

3 Likes

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2021
jamace:
Bill Gates is a strong proponent of world population control and has great stake in the evil vaccines. Therefore, it is mandatory for him and his children to kick start the program by getting themselves injected...

Oga all these things you are talking about exist only in your head and not in reality.Bill Gates has no stake in any vaccine he only helps to buy or subsidize for poor African countries he helped eradicate polio because he paid for the vaccines to be distributed freely he has done this for drugs and many other things to help humanity.Say what you know research from trusted sources and stop peddling lies there is nothing evil about vaccines Bill Gates does not create vaccines he only helps fund them for research or buys them so that poor countries will get them for their population because rich countries will not assist poor countries.Stop listening to lies.

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by thinkmoney(m): 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2021
DropsMic:

Yeah right. She fainted immediately she received the shot and yet for some fvcked up reason you believe that it isn't as a result of the shot that she fainted just because the media said so..... You must be very myopic.
You got two information from that post:
1, was that she fainted after she had the shot.
2, was that it was not as a result of the shot (the person that posted must have had access to the cause of the fainting. Some faint due to stress and some just at the sight of needles).
But out of your grand mumuishness, you held on to the first information that reinforced your bias and discarded the second. You even ridiculously discredit the very thing you posted as 'the media', yet you took the first information by the same media!!!
Do you at all read about how many millions have been vaccinated? Have you considered the very insignificant numbers that have shown reaction? Do you know, even malaria drugs that safe millions, cause fatal reactions in some very very few people? Do you even consider the fact that the person that posted this topic on nairaland said he has been vaccinated?
Please go back to nursery 2, pleeeasssseee. Your education as proven valuelesss. Education is supposed to remove unnecessary fear. Education is meant to empower us to make logical research without bias, so we won't live in fear and spread fear to others.
Do yourself and the society good by going back to nursery 2, please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by jamace(m): 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Oga all these things you are talking about exist only in your head and not in reality.Bill Gates has no stake in any vaccine he only helps to buy or subsidize for poor African countries he helped eradicate polio because he paid for the vaccines to be distributed freely he has done this for drugs and many other things to help humanity.Say what you know research from trusted sources and stop peddling lies there is nothing evil about vaccines Bill Gates does not create vaccines he only helps fund them for research or buys them so that poor countries will get them for their population because rich countries will not assist poor countries.Stop listening to lies.
To help poor African, eh? Has he vaccinated his children or are his children immune from COVID 19? I reject the Greek gift..
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
jamace:
To help poor African, eh? Has he vaccinated his children or are his children immune from COVID 19? I reject the Greek gift..

Lol I am not lying better be open to the truth.Bill Gates has no hand in vaccines or Covid19 if he did America will not be the worst affected country.Use your brains to think and stop believing jargons.Stop being silly mr man Bill Gates has no hand in this vaccine if you don't want to take it then good for you and let sensible persons interested take it and keep quiet you have not impacted or helped lives the way Bill Gates has so stop slandering him by lying he has a hand in it when you have no proof of that

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by zakkyzakes: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
matrix199:
why not?

Did we not receive Polio vaccine? TB vaccine? Measles vaccine? Meningitis vaccine?

Nothing makes the Covid-19 vaccine any different from the vaccines we received as infants, which saved billions of lives.

So yes, my family and I would receive it with alacrity.

Modified: Well, I know too well not to be the first to step forward to either accept something, or test something. But on this subject matter, what do I have to lose? If I don't take the vaccine, the covid might bring me down. I'll take the leap of faith in taking the vaccine. Every other person should simply answer yes or no, and state why. Enough of the mentions please!
o yeah since we've got peeps like ya then it's gon be easy for people like me who'd like to be at the back of the line no need debating if its evil or good what happens to you would determine our answers its not asif the vaccine is coming here ASAP sef thousands of people woulda taken the stuff.
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by frog12: 2:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
since you work for the NHS, is it compulsory to take it?
Can you say no?

Baoo4eva:
It would be nice to see what nigerian feel about receiving the covid vaccine.

I have received my first jab as I work for the NHS in UK and now have to wait for the second jab as there are uncertainty about the timing of the second jab.
Would like to know if Nigerians would be happy to receive the covid vaccine and which of vaccines
A bit of a background
The WHO has given emergency authorization for the use of the pfizer/biotech vaccine meaning this would be available for use in developing countries who don't have their own internal mechanism for such decisions, Nigeria inclusive.
Also, the Astrazeneca vaccine has being approved in some countries such as the UK and recently ,India. It may well be on course for WHO to approve it , this would be a vaccine for use in developing nations as it's easier to store and transport unlike the pfizer/biotech that needs temperature of less than -70degrees.
And there are many more vaccines still in various states of trials, 49 of them are already named.
The federal government is planning to spend 400billion naira on vaccine , but it is very important to see what opinions are , if people are willing to receive the jab or not.
Studies conducted by the FDA in the USA shows that African-Americans are less likely to receive the jab with as low as 4 in 10 saying they would receive the jab.
So, would you be happy to receive the jab??
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Originalsly: 2:36pm On Jan 03, 2021
NO. Some COVID-19 vaccines are different from alllll other vaccines period... and these include the leading ones...Pfizer. Any other vaccine .... polio... malaria... chicken pox..etc... is basically a weakened form of the virus which is injected into you. The body then attacks it... develops antibodies to fight it... and in the future should the virus enter the body.... it will be immediately recognized and the antibodies deployed. These vaccines take a minimum of 4 years before being released to the general public.... 4 years to test its efficacy/effectiveness.... to be first tested in animals .... in a small number of people... in a larger number of people ... to check for short term side effects... to check for a longer term side effects... all of this before being released. These safety measures are not in place for any of the approved COVID-19 vaccines ... they were all given emergency authorization which bypasses these measures. Making it worse... these vaccines are mRNA vaccines.... basically... a new experintal method... that will mess with your DNA... what will happen in the long term... they have no clue... the reason that by law... no company... individual.. government... hospital..etc can be sued for any adverse effect ... including death....caused by any COVID-19 approved vaccine. Neither is any COVID-19 vaccine guaranteed to prevent you from contracting the virus. Now tell me why I should take any COVID-19 vaccine?

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Lightorder: 2:41pm On Jan 03, 2021
QuietHammer:
they are not brain dead. It is their choice
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by thundafire: 2:42pm On Jan 03, 2021
saintgwizard:

Read about gene editing technology CRISPR
edit the DNA for what can u explain
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by jamace(m): 2:42pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Lol I am not lying better be open to the truth.Bill Gates has no hand in vaccines or Covid19 if he did America will not be the worst affected country.Use your brains to think and stop believing jargons.Stop being silly mr man Bill Gates has no hand in this vaccine if you don't want to take it then good for you and let sensible persons interested take it and keep quiet you have not impacted or helped lives the way Bill Gates has so stop slandering him by lying he has a hand in it when you have no proof of that
Bill Gates is an evil businessman who is fond of creating problem and providing solution, which he makes people to pay for the solution. I hate Bill Gates because his philanthropy is wrapped in criminality.

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Lightorder: 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
QuietHammer:
but how would you feel if call you slowpoke for accepting it this early?
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by sugarsoul(m): 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Does their amazement not wonder you? For someone who had earlier predicted that dead bodies would litter our streets, the same person wants to subsidize vaccines for you?
I don't doubt there's Covid, in fact, most of nigerians have contracted and recovered without even knowing attributing it to malaria and the likes.
Why can't Africa put their axe together and find what works for us, not something imported always

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Lightorder: 2:45pm On Jan 03, 2021
AroleOduduwa2:
No, I won’t take a vaccine for a virus that has 99.7 recovery rate, a vaccine that has many contradicting claims, a vaccine that has 70% success rate.
you made a lot of sense

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Lightorder: 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2021
Vyolet:
Sure i will.
We took other vaccines like hepatitis, yellow fever, oral polio, measle for infants and so on.
There should be nothing different with the Covid vaccine.
a whole lots but you wouldn’t accept the truth
Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:46pm On Jan 03, 2021
jamace:
Bill Gates is an evil businessman who is fond of creating problem and providing solution, which he makes people to pay for the solution. I hate Bill Gates because his philanthropy is wrapped in criminality.

Just shut up you are now sounding stupid.

Get lost your likeness or hate changes nothing yoi don't even have proof of the nonsense you are saying you are just slandering a man because you are a victim of misinformation

Bill Gates will remain a billionaire and a celebrated man and those people he has helped will remember if you like don't emulate good thing sit in one beer parlour and be having bad belle for other people's success.

1 Like

Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
sugarsoul:

Does their amazement not wonder you? For someone who had earlier predicted that dead bodies would litter our streets, the same person wants to subsidize vaccines for you?
I don't doubt there's Covid, in fact, most of nigerians have contracted and recovered without even knowing attributing it to malaria and the likes.
Why can't Africa put their axe together and find what works for us, not something imported always
Don't take his word out of context Rather show me the complete statement instead of bringing out a juicy headline to misconstrue his statement.I don't think you even read it

Also Bill Gates has been subsidizing vaccines for a long time you should have been amazed or curious the time he was helping out with polio and other vaccines for children.Talk to your leaders not Bill Gates.Even among first world nations they still import things so no nation is ever sufficient we will always rely on others what works for Europeans can still work for Africans the world is globalized now so your suggestion of only Africa first will not work in today's world and yes leadership has failed us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Syringe-manufacturing Company Packs Up, Cites Challenging Business Situation / Passenger Dies At Lagos Airport, As Chidoka Tours Facilities / 60-Year-Old Fake Doctor Treating COVID-19 Patients Arrested In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.