Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain (11260 Views)

Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? / How Costly Is Ford Edge To Maintain / Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by jerome84(m): 8:40am On Jan 23, 2021
Was also using a 2004 Accord, upgraded to civic 08 this past December, the car is awesome.
Please am looking for the front windscreen chrome / Rubbers, please guys if you come across it you can reach me here.
propertyarena:
Good evening guys.

I just got this honda civic 2008 model, I was using accord 2004 model before.

But after I bought it. I started to hear various scary talk about how very costly it is to maintain a civic, how the parts are costly and all.

Please I just want to know if that assertion is true. And what maintenance tips do you advice.

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by propertyarena: 9:56pm On Jan 23, 2021
jerome84:
Was also using a 2004 Accord, upgraded to civic 08 this past December, the car is awesome.
Please am looking for the front windscreen chrome / Rubbers, please guys if you come across it you can reach me here.

Seems they do steal the windscreen chrome. Mine too is missing.
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:22am On Jan 24, 2021
jerome84:
contact luvinhubby
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by Eldemmi(m): 11:07am On Jan 24, 2021
the word upgrade is now relative. ..

1 Like

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by propertyarena: 11:49pm On Jan 30, 2021
Herinya:
I don't recommend looking at the price on official websites and official dealers. It is costly, and there is no justification for the inflated price. I recommend looking at prices on used cars websites. There are more realistic options, and you can almost find a new car, but cheaper. Also, when selling, you can be guided by these prices as well. My favorite site is DashCar; detailed description here. But I'm not imposing on anyone.

What are you talking

1 Like

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by bonnyhope: 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2021
Elsueno:

Mehn...just look at this interior. I have no idea why some people even compare this ride to a corrola, D civic is superior in every way

Bros how much is the direct toks
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by Elsueno: 11:47am On Feb 01, 2021
bonnyhope:

Bros how much is the direct toks
Bros, I don't sell cars woh...You will need a car dealer for that
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by slimmoney(m): 1:53pm On Feb 01, 2021
Depending on the year u want, but with 1.7m u can comfortably get a very clean one
Elsueno:

Bros, I don't sell cars woh...You will need a car dealer for that
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by Kennen: 8:44am On Apr 27, 2021
I look at all those big numbers on Honda's speedometers and think, lol, dudes, if something happens, you'll be the first to run to scrap car to get some money back because it's unlikely anyone will take it... I do not want to offend anyone, but I do not believe in it, so do not take it personally.
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by dicksonadams(m): 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2021
Kennen:
I look at all those big numbers on Honda's speedometers and think, lol, dudes, if something happens, you'll be the first to run to scrap car to get some money back because it's unlikely anyone will take it... I do not want to offend anyone, but I do not believe in it, so do not take it personally.

Your message is not clear

2 Likes

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by yak(m): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2021
propertyarena:
Good evening guys.

I just got this honda civic 2008 model, I was using accord 2004 model before.

But after I bought it. I started to hear various scary talk about how very costly it is to maintain a civic, how the parts are costly and all.

Please I just want to know if that assertion is true. And what maintenance tips do you advice.

Now tell me
What has been your experience?
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by propertyarena: 11:59am On Aug 16, 2021
yak:

Now tell me
What has been your experience?

my experience has been wonderful so far, civic is a good and strong car

1 Like

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by dicksonadams(m): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
propertyarena:

my experience has been wonderful so far, civic is a good and strong car
what repairs have you done thus far
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by propertyarena: 8:39am On Aug 22, 2021
dicksonadams:
what repairs have you done thus far
Just fan belt, although my steering rack is due for change. The car has been on heavy usage since December last year. I use it everyday Monday to Friday
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by dicksonadams(m): 9:47am On Aug 22, 2021
propertyarena:

Just fan belt, although my steering rack is due for change. The car has been on heavy usage since December last year. I use it everyday Monday to Friday
to make your steering rack last, please don't use red transmission oil, only genuine honda oil.

Rack on Toyota can last

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by Decentdave(m): 4:12pm On Aug 22, 2021
I heard it doesn't pull leg.is it true
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by buygala(m): 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2021
Decentdave:

all cars may 'pull leg' if their suspension maintenance is very lax

Handle the car's legs as u will handle your own legs and u will be fine

1 Like

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by Healthquest: 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2021
buygala:

all cars may 'pull leg' if their suspension maintenance is very lax

Handle the car's legs as u will handle your own legs and u will be fine
am hoping on one 2010 honda civic, but I Av option of buying naija use corrola 2006 for almost same price.. My annoyance abt d honda is d odometer 320k km presently.. Will it b hard maintaining and can I still use ds car for long because it's clean. D miles is much and everything might just b ready for changing. Pls advice
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by Eldemmi(m): 2:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
Healthquest:
am hoping on one 2010 honda civic, but I Av option of buying naija use corrola 2006 for almost same price.. My annoyance abt d honda is d odometer 320k km presently.. Will it b hard maintaining and can I still use ds car for long because it's clean. D miles is much and everything might just b ready for changing. Pls advice

if the Civic is told.. I will advice you choose it
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by Healthquest: 2:15pm On Aug 24, 2021
Eldemmi:

if the Civic is told.. I will advice you choose it
I' did not grab. U mean old?
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by RZArecta(m): 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
Decentdave:
true, it doesn't pull leg

1 Like

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by Trumann: 1:38am On Aug 25, 2021
RZArecta:
true, it doesn't pull leg

If you don't maintain a car or you use fake parts, it will pull leg. I have owned a 2006 Civic and it pulled leg. Mine even pulled leg while I was reversing out of the mechanic's workshop after I told him to check all the legs and change what needed to be changed.

2 Likes

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by RZArecta(m): 4:10am On Aug 25, 2021
Trumann:

If you don't maintain a car or you use fake parts, it will pull leg. I have owned a 2006 Civic and it pulled leg. Mine even pulled leg while I was reversing out of the mechanic's workshop after I told him to check all the legs and change what needed to be changed.
exasperated undecided
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by HEAVEN4444: 7:36am On Aug 25, 2021
Trumann:

what do you guys mean when you say a car is PULLING LEG ?
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by bishie101(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2021
Honda Civic coupe lx 2012 available.
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by disloman(m): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2021
Trumann:

You are lying bro cos it doesn't pull but maybe your mechanic doesn't tighten those bolts and nuts well before you drove it.
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by Trumann: 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2021
disloman:
You are lying bro cos it doesn't pull but maybe your mechanic doesn't tighten those bolts and nuts well before you drove it.

You just jump out and type as if you lack home training. What do you mean by I'm lying? If you don't know something, you keep quiet instead of disgracing yourself.
Mine was a 2006 Civic. Here are pictures of two pre-2006 civics with broken ball joints, picked online. I have another one of a matrix with broken ball joint in case Toyota fans make it look like a Honda thing. What if I tell you what I have seen a Volvo xc90 with broken ball joint?
Don't be talking confidently about something you have absolutely no knowledge of.

1 Like

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by Trumann: 6:50pm On Aug 25, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
what do you guys mean when you say a car is PULLING LEG ?

Broken ball joint resulting in k-leg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by HEAVEN4444: 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2021
Trumann:

Broken ball joint resulting in k-leg.
oh i see. thanks bro
Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by Eldemmi(m): 8:14am On Aug 26, 2021
Healthquest:
I' did not grab. U mean old?

I mean toks... na autocorrect ish..

1 Like

Re: How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain by disloman(m): 10:55am On Aug 26, 2021
Trumann:

You just jump out and type as if you lack home training. What do you mean by I'm lying? If you don't know something, you keep quiet instead of disgracing yourself.
Mine was a 2006 Civic. Here are pictures of two pre-2006 civics with broken ball joints, picked online. I have another one of a matrix with broken ball joint in case Toyota fans make it look like a Honda thing. What if I tell you what I have seen a Volvo xc90 with broken ball joint?
Don't be talking confidently about something you have absolutely no knowledge of.
Lolzzzzzzz

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Car Battery; Can It Be Repaired? / Nairaland Audi Users, Make Una Help Me Oh! / Thousands Of Damaged Cars Are Headed For Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.