Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

What's The Essence Of Occultism? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Essence Of Occultism? (1874 Views)

My Mum Recently Accused My Dad Of Occultism But He Didn't Got Angry / The Occult Or Occultism! / "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by budaatum: 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I just want you to tell me what goes on in specific occultic groups.
List their names and tell me what they do.
No, hell. I will not tell you anything of the sort. You have not done sufficient work to understand, so I'd be wasting my time telling you what you can not possibly currently understand.

When you have worked harder to understand, you will know what questions to ask to increase your understanding. You might start by reading the books in the links I already gave you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 06, 2021
budaatum:

Why would I expose or leak occultic group's secrets to you when you can research them all by yourself?

That said, here's one and here's another educating people way back in 2009. And a more recent one is here.
Well, no book can give a definition that is better than mine.
But I just want you to state some of the tools that differentiate at least one occult from another one.
You don't have to state many.
State how they are used.
Then state how the use of these tools affect someone.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by budaatum: 7:59pm On Jan 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Well, no book can give a definition that is better than mine.
If you say so, Hell.

HellVictorinho:
But I just want you to state some of the tools that differentiate at least one occult from another one.
You don't have to state many.
State how they are used.
Then state how the use of these tools affect someone.
You do not need me to tell you anything. Apply what you said above and consider your understanding is better than anything you can learn or be taught.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2021
budaatum:

If you say so, Hell.

You do not need me to tell you anything. Apply what you said above and consider your understanding is better than anything you can learn or be taught.
Hmmmmm
My definition shouldn't be an issue but you have made it an issue.
Also, I wasn't referring to books the other time.
The tools I was actually referring to are the things that they keep.
In other words, I was referring to the objects that you cannot buy.
Do you get me now
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by budaatum: 8:41pm On Jan 06, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Hmmmmm
My definition shouldn't be an issue but you have made it an issue.
Also, I wasn't referring to books the other time.
The tools I was actually referring to are the things that they keep.
In other words, I was referring to the objects that you cannot buy.
Do you get me now
And I am wondering how you think you know what you're talking about when you obviously do not as ascertained by your faulty definition.

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2021
budaatum:

And I am wondering how you think you know what you're talking about when you obviously do not as ascertained by your faulty definition.
Is it your definition that is perfect??
I said I was referring to objects that you cannot buy or any object except any book you read!!!!!
Those are the objects that differentiate!!!!!!!
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by budaatum: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2021
The Secrets of Alchemy by Lawrence M. Principe

Alchemy, the “Noble Art,” conjures up scenes of mysterious, dimly lit laboratories populated with bearded old men stirring cauldrons. Though the history of alchemy is intricately linked to the history of chemistry, alchemy has nonetheless often been dismissed as the realm of myth and magic, or fraud and pseudoscience. And while its themes and ideas persist in some expected and unexpected places, from the Philosophers’ (or Sorcerer’s) Stone of Harry Potter to the self-help mantra of transformation, there has not been a serious, accessible, and up-to-date look at the complete history and influence of alchemy until now. In The Secrets of Alchemy, Lawrence M. Principe, one of the world’s leading authorities on the subject, brings alchemy out of the shadows and restores it to its important place in human history and culture. By surveying what alchemy was and how it began, developed, and overlapped with a range of ideas and pursuits, Principe illuminates the practice. He vividly depicts the place of alchemy during its heyday in early modern Europe, and then explores how alchemy has fit into wider views of the cosmos and humanity, touching on its enduring place in literature, fine art, theater, and religion as well as its recent acceptance as a serious subject of study for historians of science. In addition, he introduces the reader to some of the most fascinating alchemists, such as Zosimos and Basil Valentine, whose lives dot alchemy’s long reign from the third century and down to the present day. Through his exploration of alchemists and their times, Principe pieces together closely guarded clues from obscure and fragmented texts to reveal alchemy’s secrets, and—most exciting for budding alchemists—uses them to recreate many of the most famous recipes in his lab, including those for the “glass of antimony” and “philosophers’ tree.” This unique approach brings the reader closer to the actual work of alchemy than any other book. A concise but illuminating history, The Secrets of Alchemy is written for anyone drawn to the alchemical arts, those who are fascinated by the science as well as the fantastic stories and mysterious practitioners.

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by PastorAIO: 12:25am On Jan 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

LOL
Who are you to tell me what a definition is
There are several occultic groups in Nigeria.
If you want to know what they use or/and how they use it,then you have to join them.
so how did you know about these tools? Did you join them?

Occult is an English word with a set meaning. If you want to use the word in a different sense that’s okay but you have to define the new sense in which you use the word.

If you’ve identified many occultist groups around Nigeria then they obviously aren’t that hidden. You even know their tools.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 07, 2021
PastorAIO:
so how did you know about these tools? Did you join them?

Occult is an English word with a set meaning. If you want to use the word in a different sense that’s okay but you have to define the new sense in which you use the word.

If you’ve identified many occultist groups around Nigeria then they obviously aren’t that hidden. You even know their tools.
I don't know what they use.
Go and ask them!!!!
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 07, 2021
budaatum:
The Secrets of Alchemy by Lawrence M. Principe

Alchemy, the “Noble Art,” conjures up scenes of mysterious, dimly lit laboratories populated with bearded old men stirring cauldrons. Though the history of alchemy is intricately linked to the history of chemistry, alchemy has nonetheless often been dismissed as the realm of myth and magic, or fraud and pseudoscience. And while its themes and ideas persist in some expected and unexpected places, from the Philosophers’ (or Sorcerer’s) Stone of Harry Potter to the self-help mantra of transformation, there has not been a serious, accessible, and up-to-date look at the complete history and influence of alchemy until now. In The Secrets of Alchemy, Lawrence M. Principe, one of the world’s leading authorities on the subject, brings alchemy out of the shadows and restores it to its important place in human history and culture. By surveying what alchemy was and how it began, developed, and overlapped with a range of ideas and pursuits, Principe illuminates the practice. He vividly depicts the place of alchemy during its heyday in early modern Europe, and then explores how alchemy has fit into wider views of the cosmos and humanity, touching on its enduring place in literature, fine art, theater, and religion as well as its recent acceptance as a serious subject of study for historians of science. In addition, he introduces the reader to some of the most fascinating alchemists, such as Zosimos and Basil Valentine, whose lives dot alchemy’s long reign from the third century and down to the present day. Through his exploration of alchemists and their times, Principe pieces together closely guarded clues from obscure and fragmented texts to reveal alchemy’s secrets, and—most exciting for budding alchemists—uses them to recreate many of the most famous recipes in his lab, including those for the “glass of antimony” and “philosophers’ tree.” This unique approach brings the reader closer to the actual work of alchemy than any other book. A concise but illuminating history, The Secrets of Alchemy is written for anyone drawn to the alchemical arts, those who are fascinated by the science as well as the fantastic stories and mysterious practitioners.

Well,you can't show me what you can't procure.
You can only show me what you can afford.
There are things you can't buy or get as a gift.
And I was referring to such things.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by PastorAIO: 11:03am On Jan 07, 2021
But you know they use something, ba?

HellVictorinho:

I don't know what they use.
Go and ask them!!!!
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 07, 2021
PastorAIO:
But you know they use something, ba?

Yes.
They use several things.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by MightySparrow: 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

What about joy
Time is already telling.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by budaatum: 4:12pm On Jan 07, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Well,you can't show me what you can't procure.
You can only show me what you can afford.
There are things you can't buy or get as a gift.
And I was referring to such things.

You can't see what I procure even if I procured it in your face. And I have no need to show you what I can afford, Hell.

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 07, 2021
budaatum:

You can't see what I procure even if I procured it in your face. And I have no need to show you what I can afford, Hell.
I CAN SEE WHAT ANYONE PROCURES IN MY FACE.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by budaatum: 12:34am On Jan 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I CAN SEE WHAT ANYONE PROCURES IN MY FACE.

Live long Hell.

You would one day see that you don't.

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 08, 2021
budaatum:

Live long Hell.

You would one day see that you don't.
I will see that I don't see.
How does that make sense?
If I say you are saying nonsense,you will say I am insulting you.

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by orisa37: 8:50am On Jan 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:
I want anyone that believes in the essence of occultism to state it.

The essence of occultism is to make MIRACLES INACCESSIBLE.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 08, 2021
orisa37:

The essence of occultism is to make MIRACLES INACCESSIBLE.
What are miracles?
Besides, occultists don't stop non-occultists from attempting to perform a miracle or whatever that means.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by budaatum: 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I will see that I don't see.
How does that make sense?
If I say you are saying nonsense,you will say I am insulting you.
If you say I am saying nonsense I will just shake my head at your lack of understanding.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by The5DME(m): 1:53pm On Jan 08, 2021
Op is an ignoramus. It's not really your fault though. Occult simply means 'hidden'. Knowledge that is not available to the common man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by budaatum: 2:01pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:
Op is an ignoramus. It's not really your fault though. Occult simply means 'hidden'. Knowledge that is not available to the common man.
We are trying hard to educate him but he thinks he knows enough to call our educating 'nonsense'.

We shall not relent though.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 08, 2021
budaatum:

If you say I am saying nonsense I will just shake my head at your lack of understanding.
What understanding do you possess that makes say so??
Is it based on what you read?
What makes those books more meaningful?
What definition of occultism exposes you to what occultists haven't told you??
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by budaatum: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

What understanding do you possess that makes say so??
Is it based on what you read?
What makes those books more meaningful?
What definition of occultism exposes you to what occultists haven't told you??
You really can not imagine how much I'd love to tell you. Unfortunately, Hell, you are blind and can not see but think you can even though we are informing you of all the things you see not.

Thankfully, we have time, and patience and immense love for you, so will continue to help you to open your eyes so you can look and see. Despite your resistance we shall persevere till we succeed in making you do the work of removing the covering from your face and lifting up your eyelids so you can at least look.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 08, 2021
The5DME:
You are the ignoranmus.
When did I say that occultic knowledge is available to the common man?
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
budaatum:

You really can not imagine how much I'd love to tell you. Unfortunately, Hell, you are blind and can not see but think you can even though we are informing you of all the things you see not.

Thankfully, we have time, and patience and immense love for you, so will continue to help you to open your eyes so you can look and see. Despite your resistance we shall persevere till we succeed in making you do the work of removing the covering from your face and lifting up your eyelids so you can at least look.
You are not telling me what you should tell me.
In other words,your posts don't contain the hidden information that the The5DME was talking about.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by budaatum: 2:45pm On Jan 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

You are not telling me what you should tell me.
In other words,your posts don't contain the hidden information that the The5DME was talking about.
It does not contain the hidden information you would like to see because you are blind and cannot see it.

Come back in the future sometime and look when your eyes do open then tell me if you can not see the hidden information that you see not now.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by budaatum: 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:

You are the ignoranmus.
When did I say that occultic knowledge is available to the common man?
But are you not a common man asking that occultic knowledge be made available to you?

Rise up and be worthy, Hell!
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2021
budaatum:

It does not contain the hidden information you would like to see because you are blind and cannot see it.

Come back in the future sometime and look when your eyes do open then tell me if you can not see the hidden information that you see not now.
Brilliant Budatuum!!!!!
So, you know all things that every occultic group in the world uses and how they are used.
You should be writing your own books,too.
In fact,you should be able to form an occultic group.
The essence should be stated in your books.
What a knowledgeable entity,indeed!!!!!!!
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2021
budaatum:

I can see that you have seen a lot,indeed.
You're Budatuum the occultic one,indeed.
Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2021
HellVictorinho:
I want anyone that believes in the essence of occultism to state it.
I don't think you can get the information you seek on Nairaland unless you join an occultic group and get first-hand experience of things.

Online information on things like this is mostly false.

I think joining a cult could do a person more bad than good overall (my opinion).

Better to be an individualist.

1 Like

Re: What's The Essence Of Occultism? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 08, 2021
gensteejay:

I don't think you can get the information you seek on Nairaland unless you join an occultic group and get first-hand experience of things.

Online information on things like this is mostly false.

I think joining a cult could do a person more bad than good overall (my opinion).

Better to be an individualist.

Exactly.
I was waiting for the members of several occultic groups to state why they joined.
But I wasn't really expecting them to state the names of their groups.
It's just like someone saying why he or she is a Christian without telling me the church he or she attends or the church (es ) he or she has attended before.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheism In Countries 2022, Including Nigeria / Evolution's Missing Link May Have Been Found / God Is A Big Time Barrier In Human Race.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.