Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World (75141 Views)

Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Man In The World As Tesla Stocks Soar To New Height / Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List / Dangote Now 64th Richest Person In The World - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by Celense(m): 8:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
nice concept.....
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by Olatlaccon(m): 8:41pm On Jan 07, 2021
CSTRR:

Look up invest bamboo on Google.
Shey u fit but Bitcoin keep on the same app cos I don't know shit about it and I don't want to there butt ass naked doing rubbish
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by CSTRR: 8:42pm On Jan 07, 2021
I was listening to akufo addo talk about the AFCFTA yesterday.

When I compared his dexterity, dynamism and speed of thought to What we have here in Aso rock, I surrendered.

Ghana has won by a hat trick.
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by CSTRR: 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2021
Olatlaccon:
Shey u fit but Bitcoin keep on the same app cos I don't know shit about it and I don't want to there butt ass naked doing rubbish
They don't do bitcoin, mostly US stocks.

They buy American stocks for you while you pay them a percentage.
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by deenee: 8:54pm On Jan 07, 2021
Nice feat. However he is still cash poor as most of his wealth is still tied up in stocks which he can't offload just like Jeff Bezos.

One question for my over zealous religious bigots.....please does Elon Musk pay tithes?
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by FuckHomophobes: 8:55pm On Jan 07, 2021
SilverNorGold:

Lol, my brother. Whale kwa? Na God go help us. cheesy grin

Comman show your boy the way boss. I'll be ever loyal sir cool
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by TheMan3: 8:56pm On Jan 07, 2021
thatsleepboy1:

Even though I pray to get my money, I don't envy him and I don't pray for money like this or start saying “God when” when we fully know that he worked so hard to get there and he has a price to pay for it. I just want to be comfortable, live a good and holy life and die before 70 or at least 70. Too much stress will not kill a man.
selfish man. Very selfish. Change your thinking else you may never even attain that mediocre life you wish for

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by vanunu: 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2021
jmoore:
His wealth is mostly an illusion. All these wealth based on shares are not really realistic.

Can't be compared with Mansa Musa, whose wealth was described as indescribable.

What are you saying? Some one whose battery can last 20years before the cells dies. For your information, in the next 10 years Nigeria will not be able to pay her soldiers, and you know what that means.
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by Tekrify(m): 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
Your thinking is shallow..if fuel is the only thing that is derived from crude oil then u have a lot to learn..I repeat a lot...ur not wiser than dangote that is building Africa biggest refinery...
There simply machines that can't work with solar..airplanes still and will still require fuel...no factory can ever run with solar...
Nigeria is currently developing it has resources especially with the ajaokuta Kano pipe line..which will Futher be extended to Europe to export gas...Factories don't run on solar but on gas...there are still modern industries who still utilizes coal...
If you know nothing about the oil and gas industry just pack well...
A lot of big machines will still require diesel to run.. locomotive, sportcars, jet...ur telling me they Will all go Electric grin grin...you no nothing..
Inshort because of climate change and some other environmental factors....
The world is quickly switching to gas ..so if oil loses value... Nigeria has more gas than oil...so we are still up for the challenge... another thing to know is that Africa us different from the US...it will take more than a century before electric cars become normal in Africa...so our traditional PMS had diesel will still be in demand....
Dpharisee:
Elon Musk produces electric cars and high powered batteries called Tesla Power Wall with 20 years warranty.
The reality is that Elon Musk is making the oil which we are still spending billions to search for in the North to become useless.
Some gas and coal power plants in UK are on the verge of shutting down because many homes can now generate their own power and even sell excess back to the grid using Power Wall and solar.

Countries like UAE and Saudi Arabia seeing the 'danger' posed by Tesla are developing futuristic models to diversify from oil which may not rebound as demand remains low coupled with the impact of Covid19.

Nigeria which failed to plan is now in a tight corner, UK and France in 2019 have already declared a 10 year deadline to phase out all petrol and diesel cars. This was what happened to coal driven locomotives years back when oil and gas was discovered.

Nigeria seeing Elon Musk gradually taking down our sole source of revenue resorted to taking loans from China, IMF, world bank, Brazil and babiya Allahring cheesy for help from every corner of the earth in taking care of either insecurity or Covid19.

Now that we have over borrowed and the likelihood of repayment from oil is now slimmer and our creditors are no longer ready to grant us more loans we are resorting to stealing people's money that are dormant in the banks to pay civil servants salaries instead of looking for the owners of the deposits and dividends grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by Dliquidmetal(m): 9:01pm On Jan 07, 2021
Siberia01:

but not as rich as davido's dad and dangote..

I think he should suspend his space exploration projects
and invest the money in Africa....
that will be a big plus to him....
if people like you were his financial adviser he would be close to the top 50 richest sef,Africans dont even want development lol.
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by ekevwe(m): 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2021
mosegifted:
How are these guys doing this thing self, because man pikin don hustle ooo, still we never break any record, abi their own hustle carry tag from heaven come?
Lol. Most got their money because their respective country government Monopolize it
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by vanunu: 9:04pm On Jan 07, 2021
Tayeni:
I don't see that technology becoming common place in Nigeria in the next 20 years. Our petrol marketers have nothing to worry about. My prediction is Africa will be the dumping ground for obsolete and cheap internal combustion engine vehicles.

Nigeria will be awash with cheap petrol because no one will buy from the international market. So, we gat cheap petrol to run cheap tokunbo cars.

Don't say that, do you know that I am planning to get Tesla's power Wal for electricity, I know somebody who has it already,
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by 49cents(m): 9:07pm On Jan 07, 2021
PopSmoke:
a red piller

meanwhile, simps keep losing billions to vagina people all in the name of scam called marriage

Your dad who married your momma, one of vagina people is a simp.
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by akigbemaru: 9:15pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dpharisee:
Elon Musk produces electric cars and high powered batteries called Tesla Power Wall with 20 years warranty.
The reality is that Elon Musk is making the oil which we are still spending billions to search for in the North to become useless.
Some gas and coal power plants in UK are on the verge of shutting down because many homes can now generate their own power and even sell excess back to the grid using Power Wall and solar.

Countries like UAE and Saudi Arabia seeing the 'danger' posed by Tesla are developing futuristic models to diversify from oil which may not rebound as demand remains low coupled with the impact of Covid19.

Nigeria which failed to plan is now in a tight corner, UK and France in 2019 have already declared a 10 year deadline to phase out all petrol and diesel cars. This was what happened to coal driven locomotives years back when oil and gas was discovered.

Nigeria seeing Elon Musk gradually taking down our sole source of revenue resorted to taking loans from China, IMF, world bank, Brazil and babiya Allahring cheesy for help from every corner of the earth in taking care of either insecurity or Covid19.

Now that we have over borrowed and the likelihood of repayment from oil is now slimmer and our creditors are no longer ready to grant us more loans we are resorting to stealing people's money that are dormant in the banks to pay civil servants salaries instead of looking for the owners of the deposits and dividends grin
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by showafrica(m): 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dpharisee:

Lol, country is dead and buried... China will soon come for there money.

Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by FlackoJodye: 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2021
CSTRR:
His stock is massively over priced and overvalued.
That is what is giving him wealth.

Me too I bought a few Tesla stocks and it has been giving me joy.

But I am watching it closely. Any small shaking and I will sell.
can I buy yours,?
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by emmyN(m): 9:18pm On Jan 07, 2021
44Bulldog:
Not surprised

I see it coming cool

Tech is taking over

Dangote would have gone very far if he'd invested in tech...Tho Nigeria isn't promising when it comes to tech compared to advanced countries

You don't know that. Billionaire Strive Masiyiwa already has plans underway to establish a data center in Lagos, Nigeria. Surely they've done their permutations and found it profitable. Anything can thrive in Nigeria if we give ourselves to it. We have the numbers on our side.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by KennedyOkpara(m): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
BarrElChapo:

He is not jew bro. He's African by birth & parentage... South Africa precisely
He has some distant Jew in him check...
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by Adrielbradshaw(f): 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2021
Siberia01:

I think he should suspend his space exploration projects
and invest the money in Africa....
that will be a big plus to him....
This is laughable ������
W@ r ur leaders doing 2 create employment in their country? Instead, they hoard the already available resources n end up borrowing from left, right, front n center...
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by MRFIXER001: 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2021
Hmm
Dpharisee:

Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by BarrElChapo(m): 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
KennedyOkpara:
He has some distant Jew in him check...

He doesn't sir

Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by jaxxy(m): 9:25pm On Jan 07, 2021
CSTRR:

With or without Trump, he was always going to be the richest man.

Tesla is the leading company in electric vehicles.
It is also the leading company in private space travel.
That is the future.

There is nothing cooler than the future.

Maybe bt not exactly and if at all he was it would have been much more slower if trump was still president. That’s my point. It is already evident Trumps leaving affected his shares positively. It jumped right after the elections and again now.

The future depends on the policies of the dominant power(s).

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by izubext007: 9:30pm On Jan 07, 2021
I'm next.
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by SATANNIST: 9:37pm On Jan 07, 2021
and he is entering crypto. bezos no go see him back. but i still respect bezos
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by Mrlouis: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
ichidodo:
If he can get SpaceEx to be more viable and venture into asteroid mining and interplanetary colonization, he could be the world's first Trillionaire..
Lol. You're really binge watching sci-fi movies excessively
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by Maliqcious: 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dpharisee:

Bro you so real on this one

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by VICTOR4LYF(m): 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2021
Siberia01:

Did you read the article at all?
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2021
So he overtook Bezos because of Bezos' vagina people and Bezos' charity.

He has not overtook Bezos yet
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by ValeeLove(m): 9:49pm On Jan 07, 2021
mosegifted:
How are these guys doing this thing self, because man pikin don hustle ooo, still we never break any record, abi their own hustle carry tag from heaven come?
create and give value
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by SimplyAJ(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2021
Pearly255:
Are you single handsome? grin
He has a Canadian girlfriend. Too bad wink
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by Goldenfinger: 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2021
prince3009:
Well deserved!

I bought some Tesla Stocks and didn't regret it!

That SpaceX initiative will give him more crazy money in future as the wealthy would patronize him for a journey to Mars
.how do someone buy shares from foreign companies
Re: Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World by Solatium(m): 9:53pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dpharisee:

Some of you keep fall for that boogie been sold by the western world that oil will be useless.
They may have diversify or reduce dependence from cars and machines that run on hydrocarbons,but i can tell you authoritatively that there are one million and one things that oil will power i. future,the fact science and technology has not developed those things yet does not make oil useless.

If oil were to be useless as being peddle by the western world,how come the United State still posse's the largest oil reserves?
How come US is drilling for Shale oil from the rock's?
Do you know the cost of drilling for Shale triples that of Normal hydrocarbons?
How come Iraq and Libya is still under US direct/indirect control with the view of adding Iran to it?

My guy wake up, òyìnbó just dey sell us bobo,if oil were to be in their domain that would have been the end

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Zip Codes For Nigeria / How To Sell T-shirts On Amazon And Make $400/day Without Investing A Dime!! / In What Business Can I Invest #1,000,000 And Get A Profit Of #4,000 Daily?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.