Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644121 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
marcojnr:
VISA APPROVED !

This is my transcript as promised .Let me give a little background.I contacted an immigration lawyer who advised I cancel my appointment at the lagos embassy and apply in Accra,Ghana instead.Ive lived in Ghana for a while and only moved back recently and I hold both passports(Main reason I contacted a lawyer for the sakes of home ties).My sponsor also lives in Ghana and I’ve had my education and some work there.
I’m just grateful to God because it’s been 2 years working on this.

The embassy in Ghana is very very calm and no anyhowness like you’ll see at Walter carrington before entering and nobody outside asking to arrange your papers .The embassy is currently prioritizing only students so all the folks I saw there were students

Only 3 V.O available and no sitting from entering the visa hall until you leave so process was very fast

Stood in line for biometrics and continued to interview area

When it was my turn
Me:Good morning
V.O: Good morning.Please pass me your documents

V.O : Please put your hand on the scanner

V.O : What are your travel plans
Me: I’m traveling to the USA for my masters in information systems and business analytics

V.O: Who is paying for your trip
Me: My father

V.O : (Looks up at me)What does he do?
Me: (V.O Kept making eye contact from time to time)He’s a wholesale importer of clothes from South Korea ,China and the UK.He owns and runs a hotel and has rental residential and commercial properties some of which are occupied by banks

V.O : (After typing and looking at his screen for a long time)Are you married ?
Me: No

V.O : Do you have any children
Me: No please

V.O : (sticks a sticker behind my passport gives me a small piece of white paper )You can follow the instructions on there to pick up your passport at the circled time tomorrow .Come with a government issued ID
Me:Thank you

Just like that no document asked even though other before me were asked to show transcripts and school certificates.SEVIS receipt was not a requirement for the interview here but I had it .

All in all I only witnessed two denials,one from a lady who had a G.A but had been denied before and another guy who claimed his aunt will pay his $60k deficit .Another lady who claimed her friend in the USA will help her pay a deficit of $50k was approved.What they say about making eye contact is true.Look them straight in the eye even when they’re not paying attention to you.
Be confident in your answers (Practice in a mirror with your mask on)and go very well prepared and practice speaking audibly if your voice is low tone.Dress in a way that’ll help your confidence but don’t over do it.
Don’t offer any documents or unwanted information unless you’re asked .Fill your DS-160 yourself and go over it multiple times and know exactly what you’ve put down.
Don’t worry about denials before you ,your case is different and pray if you believe in it.

This thing is just grace i swear

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chuksmanred: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
Asj001:
How do you send them a mail/reminder

When I applied for EA, after uploading my documents, I got an error to fill the captcha properly. After I did that, I clicked on the sumbit button, only to observe that my documents are no longer available.

I think my request will be denied. Please how can I mail them

So sad it happened that way but don't lose hope. It still can be fixed.

Send a mail to them using support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com put in the subject ur emergency request i d then type ur message as it touches you, attach ur documents to the message then send it.

If u don't have ur request I.d, no problem tho. Just send it with the omitted documents. They'll sort it out so far it's the email u used in creating ur visa profile.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I got a mail two days ago stating that the B1/B2 visa appointment has been cancelled; but on checking my account with CGI online account, I realized the appointment was still showing scheduled on my dashboard, even till the time I'm typing this, the appointment is still very active and scheduled.
Has anyone gotten a similar email but still seeing "scheduled" online? Should I cancel the former appointment myself and reschedule or just go for the interview as scheduled?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TitilayoAde: 8:51pm On Jul 10, 2021
In some minutes, the appointment will no longer be visible on your profile. Just reshcedule your appointment right away...

Omoxrist:
Hello Everyone,

I got a mail two days ago stating that the B1/B2 visa appointment has been canceled; but on checking my account with CGI online account, I realized the appointment was still showing scheduled on my dashboard, even till the time I'm typing this, the appointment is still very active and scheduled.
Has anyone gotten a similar email but still seeing "scheduled" online? Should I cancel the former appointment myself and reschedule or just go for the interview as scheduled?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Asj001: 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
Thank you so much Chuks
chuksmanred:

Send a mail to them using support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com put in the subject ur emergency request i d then type ur message as it touches you, attach ur documents to the message then send it.

If u don't have ur request I.d, no problem tho. Just send it with the omitted documents. They'll sort it out so far it's the email u used in creating ur visa profile.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 9:40pm On Jul 10, 2021
Omoxrist:
Hello Everyone,

I got a mail two days ago stating that the B1/B2 visa appointment has been cancelled; but on checking my account with CGI online account, I realized the appointment was still showing scheduled on my dashboard, even till the time I'm typing this, the appointment is still very active and scheduled.

Ignore as long as you didn't apply for a B1/B2
I've received reports about same email. The address has a resemblance with the original email of ustraveldocs

I know some that received an SMS even though they never applied for a B1/B2 and their F1 appointment is still active.

Mischief makers at work
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by harveygordon: 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hi people. My friend made a mistake on his visa application when booking appointment. He entered only first name without his middlename. How can he can he correct it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Siraj20: 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
Pls who can guide on how to switch to Abuja for f1/f2 visa interview?
I applied for EA in Lagos for 5days now with no response.
Can anyone confirm that they have been able to successfully get EA approved in Abuja?

What options are available pls?
My tourist visa expires July ending, I want to be able to get a decision before then.

Thanks alot!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
Biotechnology Msc in Russia is a serious course. I feel they wanna be sure you don’t work for the Russia Govt. So I feel this is no longer in the hands of the consular but FBI doing their work to make sure you’re clean. It might take time but just relax.

Highzhikk:
Has anyone been placed on Administrative processing? How long did it take?

People, I went for my interview on 7th of July (Fully funded offer, PhD Biotechnology) everything was going fine until the VO asked if I have travelled out of Nigeria before. I answered that I have gone to Russia for MSc in Biotechnology.

The VO went away for like 20mins and she came back and told me that she was checking about my course. After another five minutes she hand me the 221g form for Administrative processing that they need more time to research about my course in Russia (It happens that Biotechnology and some other STEM courses are on the technology Alert list).

Who has been in this situation and how did you solve it?

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2021
You know how powerful bio weapons are. It’s a very sensitive course. Make dem no use their hand consume their own. But once you’re certified clean,na sai gobe

Highzhikk:

People, I went for my interview on 7th of July (Fully funded offer, PhD Biotechnology) everything was going fine until the VO asked if I have travelled out of Nigeria before. I answered that I have gone to Russia for MSc in Biotechnology.

The VO went away for like 20mins and she came back and told me that she was checking about my course. After another five minutes she hand me the 221g form for Administrative processing that they need more time to research about my course in Russia (It happens that Biotechnology and some other STEM courses are on the technology Alert list).

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
Most of us did. Ignore it.

Omoxrist:
Hello Everyone,

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
Approvalll:
I only attached my I-20 will I still be able to get approved for an emergency appointment?

Do not let your heart be troubled. I-20 is the only requirement on the website to apply for an expedited visa as a student.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Siraj20: 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
Please did you have to fill another ds160 form choosing Abuja?
How did you modify on ustraveldocs site to Abuja?

I just cancelled my regular appointment booking, I think that also automatically cancels my emergency appointment request in Lagos[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyeyemidesign: 10:55pm On Jul 10, 2021
OlawumiCecilia:

Do not let your heart be troubled. I-20 is the only requirement on the website to apply for an expedited visa as a student.
No, I-20 and Sevis payment receipt is

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2021
chuksmanred:

Not yet. But certain they will.

You will get an email from them. But know this: two things are involved. It's either they approve you or they deny you.

Send them a reminder. If u have done so of recent don't do again, and pray for a positive response from them.

Hopefully, we will all be approved.

Please how do I send a reminder for an emergency appointment? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 11:18pm On Jul 10, 2021
Experienced international travelers please I'm in a dilemma.

So, I'm trying to book a flight to Little Rock, Arkansas for August 10-13th, any of those 4 days. I used to think the farther the travel date the better, but I'm seeing something different. Those August dates are more expensive than booking for a tomorrow or next travel date by as much as 50k.

So, please, what do y'all suggest? Should I wait, maybe the price will come down, or should I book because the price might go up again?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mikael11(m): 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2021
Please can u send me a mail here.. kingovie@zoho.com.. thanks you

Pefuele:

I have sent you a PM via your email. You may reply.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2021
For DS-160, please help answer the following:

1. Tribe/Clan: Yes or No. Filled Yes and indicated Yoruba but someone said I should change it to no.
2. Mum&Dad Date of Birth: I don't know. Hope there's no consequence putting as " Do not Know"
3. Education: Can I fill in my secondary school?

Thanks.

@Moshkom @Prodigee @Pefuele
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by barleeh: 11:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
Please is there any Watsapp group for checking interview date and time, kindly let me know, I will like to join, my resumption date is 23 of next month. I need a date for the interview. Please let’s check together.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 12:12am On Jul 11, 2021
Were able to get an earlier date?
Renashelly:
gurus in the house, pls I need help. I sent them a mail concerning getting a closer date on Wednesday, and this morning I got a message from them but I dint see any date. Here is the d email I got
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you want to have an earlier date to schedule an appointment.

Availability of slots is at the sole discretion of the US Embassy. You may log in to your profile and check the calendar for the first available appointment.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3P3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
U.S. Visa Service Desk
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:17am On Jul 11, 2021
ebbie9ja:
For DS-160, please help answer the following:

1. Tribe/Clan: Yes or No. Filled Yes and indicated Yoruba but someone said I should change it to no.
2. Mum&Dad Date of Birth: I don't know. Hope there's no consequence putting as " Do not Know"
3. Education: Can I fill in my secondary school?

Thanks.

@Moshkom @Prodigee @Pefuele

1. It’s NO oh. In short, all that section are NO; No; No.

2. You ask them na. Or do normal calculation with you guys (their children) age to arrive at it, if unknown.

3.sure. You have to fill that after filling your undergraduate.

PS: anyone can DM me for a guide on ds160 filling. I shared it here the other day sef

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 12:21am On Jul 11, 2021
chuksmanred:

Has your emergency request been granted?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 12:21am On Jul 11, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 12:47am On Jul 11, 2021
Why should he change it to no.
You think the consulate ain’t aware we Cleo have to a tribe?
Moshkom:

2. You ask them na. Or do normal calculation with you guys (their children) age to arrive at it, if unknown.

PS: anyone can DM me for a guide on ds160 filling. I shared it here the other day sef
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 12:53am On Jul 11, 2021
Highzhikk:

You will get your visa dont worry. When u get to the US, try to stay as clean as possible, there's a chance they will be watching u...and dont say u r too small to be watched.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 1:12am On Jul 11, 2021
Please share with just4e21(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thanks.

Moshkom:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayotunde005: 2:41am On Jul 11, 2021
This is the issue, I have only applied and requested for emergency once on the 28th of June. Now I want to switch to Abuja but I get that message on the portal. For the gurus how do I proceed? Can I still cancel and still be able to apply with the same MRV for Abuja? And will I still get opportunity for emergency appointment again.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 3:29am On Jul 11, 2021
Hey guys

Pls I have some questions;

-Pls can I use a Micro finance bank account statement for my sponsor for visa processing?

-Just got my I-20 some days ago and trying to pay my sevis, pls can I get an expedite interview in Lagos as my resumption date is 20th of August?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:40am On Jul 11, 2021
TitilayoAde:
In some minutes, the appointment will no longer be visible on your profile. Just reshcedule your appointment right away...

It’s still visible after 3 days of getting the mail and it’s still scheduled. I booked B1/B2… not F visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:43am On Jul 11, 2021
Hallelujahvoice:

Thanks for taking time out to respond. I actually booked B1/B2 since February not F visa, and it’s three days now after I got the mail about canceling but the appointment is still very active and scheduled on my profile page on cgi.

Ignore as long as you didn't apply for a B1/B2
I've received reports about same email. The address has a resemblance with the original email of ustraveldocs

I know some that received an SMS even though they never applied for a B1/B2 and their F1 appointment is still active.

Mischief makers at work
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 11, 2021
Moshkom:

No for tribe
What happened to Igbo , Yoruba and co boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by francis00(m): 7:07am On Jul 11, 2021
Good morning house,please I have a problem ooo, two years ago,I got a visa denial in Abuja,and my passport was seized at the US embassy I got another passport though, I plan on applying to another school in USA,but I'm scared of what the outcome will be at the embassy, considering my passport has been seized once, and also can I apply through another country, like Ghana and the likes,please guys help me out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.