Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645703 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ebbie9ja(m): 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Sent a mail. Interested.
JavanElsevier41:

Send me a mail.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ABIODUNDE: 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2021
Good evening house, pls I need your advise.

I want to apply for MSc in public health, apart from GRE, is TOEFL compulsory incase they ask at the embassy.

Secondly have applied five times for conference and visiting respectively at US embassy, all denied. Despite all my refusal can I still apply for student visa for my MSc.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 11:30pm On Jul 11, 2021
ABIODUNDE:
Good evening house, pls I need your advise.

I want to apply for MSc in public health, apart from GRE, is TOEFL compulsory incase they ask at the embassy.

Secondly have applied five times for conference and visiting respectively at US embassy, all denied. Despite all my refusal can I still apply for student visa for my MSc.

Thank you
Sure but you should have records of your previous information. You can take both test scores but funding in public health is limited. Best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 11:31pm On Jul 11, 2021
Damite2ky:
Go ahead, craft a good message and upload all the right documents.

please how do u know u were denied? Did they send u a mail?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mccarthyal(m): 1:03am On Jul 12, 2021
Hello.
Pls I’m confused about something I have done. My i20 says the duration for my course is 2021 to 2023 but under estimated average costs, it says 9 months. I have just submitted the ds160 form and I put 9 months there but I want to know if this is right. And if it’s not, can I fill a new form with same details except the duration? I haven’t paid the mrv fees yet. Kindly advise please. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 1:12am On Jul 12, 2021
revenant:
Visa Approved
Lagos Consulate
Alot of blue papers flying across board on that day.
I arrive lagos on Sunday all the hotels that was recommended here to me where fully booked that (it was showering so everywhere is abit cold) evening. Finally got one by 9pm.

My interview experience below:

She did more of typing/reading than asking me questions.

VO: Good morning and welcome, give me your 1-20/passport
Me: Good morning, here is it.
VO: Typed/read for about 1-2minutes, She then ask why do you want to study this course in this (She never mentioned the name of the school) school.
Me: I want to study this course in this school because of the research work of Professor James Madison which I believe can be easily transferred to case studies in the region where I am from in Nigeria (She looked at me with surprised). His research at the moment is on solute transport modeling of contaminant in groundwater, I believe the skills and knowledge I will acquire from working with him on this project will help me address the issue of groundwater contamination we are currently facing. The region where I am from, we are faced with a range of challenges one of which is groundwater contamination.
VO: Typed/read for another 1-2 minutes then she ask what will you do with this course?.
Me: I want to set up my own Environmental Consulting Firm to work with Federal Ministry of Environment and Water Resources in ensuring that there is access to clean water for everyone in the region.
VO: Typed/read for another 1-2 minutes then she ask I see you have a deficit ($10, 560), who is paying?
Me: My friend who is based in Canada (She looked at me)
VO: Is he a Canadian?
VO: No
VO: What is your relationship with him?
Me: He is my friend from childhood, we grew up in the same neighborhood. He is passionate about my plans of establishing my own consulting firm.
VO: What does he do
Me: He work with an SSS organization in Canada.
VO: Typed/read for another 1-2 minutes then she ask where do you work?
Me: I work with DYZ Services; we are into a range of work that include groundwater investigation and borehole development.
VO: Gave me the white paper and said I should follow the instructions on the paper.

Note:
What I notice on that day is that alot of persons are largely unprepared for the interview. There was this guy who built up his case very well and then the VO ask him where is the bank statement of his sponsor, he said he didn't bring it and that he had used it to apply for his 1-20 initial. There where others I can't mention here.

My interview wasn't as smooth as it is up there, but I ensured that I nailed all the points. After preparations pray to the being you serve. I prayed to God, because in my own case I cannot take God out of the scheme of thing (not by my power).

I just thought I should share this here.
Hearty Congratulations �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ThePianoGuy: 1:46am On Jul 12, 2021
tonero4urch:

Amen oooo
it’s possible for you to apply student visa from turkey? Because i also plan applying outside Nigeria
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ThePianoGuy: 1:47am On Jul 12, 2021
revenant:
Visa Approved
Lagos Consulate
Alot of blue papers flying across board on that day.
I arrive lagos on Sunday all the hotels that was recommended here to me where fully booked that (it was showering so everywhere is abit cold) evening. Finally got one by 9pm.

My interview experience below:

She did more of typing/reading than asking me questions.

VO: Good morning and welcome, give me your 1-20/passport
Me: Good morning, here is it.
VO: Typed/read for about 1-2minutes, She then ask why do you want to study this course in this (She never mentioned the name of the school) school.
Me: I want to study this course in this school because of the research work of Professor James Madison which I believe can be easily transferred to case studies in the region where I am from in Nigeria (She looked at me with surprised). His research at the moment is on solute transport modeling of contaminant in groundwater, I believe the skills and knowledge I will acquire from working with him on this project will help me address the issue of groundwater contamination we are currently facing. The region where I am from, we are faced with a range of challenges one of which is groundwater contamination.
VO: Typed/read for another 1-2 minutes then she ask what will you do with this course?.
Me: I want to set up my own Environmental Consulting Firm to work with Federal Ministry of Environment and Water Resources in ensuring that there is access to clean water for everyone in the region.
VO: Typed/read for another 1-2 minutes then she ask I see you have a deficit ($10, 560), who is paying?
Me: My friend who is based in Canada (She looked at me)
VO: Is he a Canadian?
VO: No
VO: What is your relationship with him?
Me: He is my friend from childhood, we grew up in the same neighborhood. He is passionate about my plans of establishing my own consulting firm.
VO: What does he do
Me: He work with an SSS organization in Canada.
VO: Typed/read for another 1-2 minutes then she ask where do you work?
Me: I work with DYZ Services; we are into a range of work that include groundwater investigation and borehole development.
VO: Gave me the white paper and said I should follow the instructions on the paper.

Note:
What I notice on that day is that alot of persons are largely unprepared for the interview. There was this guy who built up his case very well and then the VO ask him where is the bank statement of his sponsor, he said he didn't bring it and that he had used it to apply for his 1-20 initial. There where others I can't mention here.

My interview wasn't as smooth as it is up there, but I ensured that I nailed all the points. After preparations pray to the being you serve. I prayed to God, because in my own case I cannot take God out of the scheme of thing (not by my power).

I just thought I should share this here.
congrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Janet200: 3:34am On Jul 12, 2021
Abuja is approving emergency application, they just approved someone I know, July 13, 14, 15, 21, 22 and 23 are available.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 6:09am On Jul 12, 2021
Malone122:
come clean what do you mean seized ??
Which paper was you given
The embassy doesn’t “seize “ passports
So explain yourself better if you truly want opinions of people here

Lol. Don’t say what you don’t know please: Embassy do seize passports. When they do, they send it to the Immigration.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 12, 2021
Predstan:

Lol. Don’t say what you don’t know please: Embassy do seize passports. When they do, they send it to the Immigration.
ok

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 6:39am On Jul 12, 2021
Janet200:
Abuja is approving emergency application, they just approved someone I know, July 13, 14, 15, 21, 22 and 23 are available.

Please when did your friend apply? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Janet200: 6:41am On Jul 12, 2021
CelinaAK:

Please when did your friend apply? Thanks

Monday last week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 6:44am On Jul 12, 2021
Janet200:

Monday last week

I applied on Wednesday morning ooo God help you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Taiwokayode1960(m): 7:38am On Jul 12, 2021
Okay thanks so much I really do appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 7:39am On Jul 12, 2021
Juice2Pac:

How can you say such that someone deserves rejection I noticed you hardly come here to guide us, if is not you dropping stupid comments then it will be you dragging with Fairheart or someone. He posted his transcripts here so people can help him out, all expected of you is constructive criticism but you just attacked him anyhow which is bad. I doubt if you are in the states as you claimed cos you are always around the Nigeria time zone or don’t you sleep?

See a lazy & uneducated Nigeria Youth Response!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 7:41am On Jul 12, 2021
mayDtolu:

Brooo. Attend to more important questions here. leave Fairheart alone pls and let him continue doing his good work cos I noticed you barely come here to guide us unless you see chance to bant.

How do you feel after showcasing your ignorance grin?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 7:42am On Jul 12, 2021
tunapawizzy:

On every level, this is wrong.
See a lazy youth.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prexy1999: 7:43am On Jul 12, 2021
Janet200:

No body deserves rejection, some did not even answer as much as he said they still got their visa.
Yes you’re right but those ones did what’s right okay.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayetaiwo123: 7:44am On Jul 12, 2021
drlucky17:
Hello house ,my school resumes on the *20th* of this month and my interview is on the 26th , I have written to my graduate coordinator who said there's not much he can do , though I have sent in another pressing mail. In the eventuality I don't get a response of extension ,please what can I do .

Do I still go ahead with my interview

Pls can I see a copy of the mail you sent to your school for letter of extension. Thanks I want to send to my school, so I want to see the format of how to go about it .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Drilly50: 8:07am On Jul 12, 2021
Hello good people of this great platform. Please I need your help on my issue
Please I got my 1-20 in June but the available date I got is December 30 and I am already trying to defer the admission to spring . But the problem is at the time I started the admission I had about 11 months on passport to expiration, the date my passport will expire is January 22/ 2022. Please my interview date is December 30/ 2021. Please do I get a new passport now and does the appointments date and all my other information , the admission Sevis fee ,visa fee please hope everything hasn’t gone with the wind. Please experienced people should please help me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richieboy1994: 8:07am On Jul 12, 2021
harveygordon:

You will get an email.
Please how long does it take, I applied since last week thursday and I am yet to get a mail from them.

Please my fellow nairalanders check the images I uploaded, will I receive a mail on esomchirichard.uwa@gmail.com or esomchi.uwa@gmail.com?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 8:07am On Jul 12, 2021
Mccarthyal:
Hello.
Pls I’m confused about something I have done. My i20 says the duration for my course is 2021 to 2023 but under estimated average costs, it says 9 months. I have just submitted the ds160 form and I put 9 months there but I want to know if this is right. And if it’s not, can I fill a new form with same details except the duration? I haven’t paid the mrv fees yet. Kindly advise please. Thank you.

Please, is cost the same as duration?Sorry,if I am blunt. If you need me to lecture you on i-20 let me know...lol Just kidding ! You dnt need to contact me because I prefer to respond to easier and non-personal issues here.

The average cost is 9months because you are going to be on 3months break before the fall session resumes. The duration of your program ( 2021-2023) is 2 years or 24months so that is what you should put on your DS-160. Try correct that on your DS-160. Best!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 8:18am On Jul 12, 2021
Drilly50:
Hello good people of this great platform. Please I need your help on my issue
Please I got my 1-20 in June but the available date I got is December 30 and I am already trying to defer the admission to spring . But the problem is at the time I started the admission I had about 11 months on passport to expiration, the date my passport will expire is January 22/ 2022. Please my interview date is December 30/ 2021. Please do I get a new passport now and does the appointments date and all my other information , the admission Sevis fee ,visa fee please hope everything hasn’t gone with the wind. Please experienced people should please help me.

It looks like you actually prefer to do your interview for Spring intake. Yes get a new passport. You should have at least 6months on it on the day of interview. If you reschedule appointment dates will change so you will need to print another appointment letter.
Otherwise, you dn't. Your admission letter will need to be for Spring admission and your i-20 too ( the duration on it refers to the admission cycle), SEVIS ID doesn't change since it is the same school and if you have paid SEVIS fee it is valid for a year. VISA fee is also valid for a year. Nothing has gone in the wind cos you are on course. Best!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:29am On Jul 12, 2021
mrsmideP:

Please I am also having similar problem with the person in U S contact .Have you rectified it? How did you go about it, if yes please . Thank you

I guess their system is malfunctioning atm. You guys should fill in just the names of the US CONTACT PERSON (the school DSO), since the Relationship of and and the person is already picked as SCHOOL OFFICIAL, you are good. Leave the Address / Location for now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 8:30am On Jul 12, 2021
ebbie9ja:
For Contact Person in the U.S, I can only fill either the name of an individual or Organization Name. If I uncheck "Do Not Know" box for one, the other automatically checks itself and blank out. Please confirm this is not peculiar to me.

Only the initial of my other name was written on my I-20 (Firstname and Lastname are fully spelt). Although passport name on same document is written in full including my other name. When I wanted to pay for SEVIS Fee, I saw an instruction that the name entered should be exactly as it appears on your Form I-20 or DS-2019. Can I proceed with the payment with my full name as it is on DS-160 or I should pend the action until the name on I-20 is corrected?

@Moshkom @Prodigee @Pefuele @Malone122

I guess their system is malfunctioning atm. You guys should fill in just the names of the US CONTACT PERSON (the school DSO), since the Relationship of and and the person is already picked as SCHOOL OFFICIAL, you are good. Leave the Organization/ Address / Location for now.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kayuz40(m): 8:33am On Jul 12, 2021
Hello guys
Please Abuja denied me on my emergency request for appointment.
It says
“As you were denied a visa within the last 6 months you are not eligible for an expedited appointment”
What should I do
As my resumption date is on 23rd August
And my appointment date is December
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by limosodiq(m): 8:52am On Jul 12, 2021
I greet you all, and thanks for the good work that you have done on this thread. I want to apply for a PhD in the US with TA or GA, an i have targeted some schools. But I'd like to know if GRE or TOEFL scores should be on ground before emailing potential supervisors or I can tell them I intend to register for the tests after their assurances l.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 12, 2021
kayuz40:
Hello guys
Please Abuja denied me on my emergency request for appointment.
It says
“As you were denied a visa within the last 6 months you are not eligible for an expedited appointment”
What should I do
As my resumption date is on 23rd August
And my appointment date is December
seems you have to defer if regular dates doesn’t open
Both Lagos or Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunapawizzy: 9:33am On Jul 12, 2021
Prexy1999:

See a lazy youth.
Pele o hardworking youth

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2021
Hello house. So, a friend is currently filling his DS160. He is in the UK studying at the moment. He's a little confused as to what to fill as his home address. Can he fill his house address in the UK or in Nigeria?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dabex171: 10:10am On Jul 12, 2021
that's the schl am going can i send you a text boss
Oloniyan:

Its been a while bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.