Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". (45015 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / My Guy Cheated On Me / My Guy's Marriage Crashed In Less Than 3 Months. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Skmoda360(m): 1:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

A lot of people build their marriage on the wrong foundation.

Money, sex, looks, loneliness, desperation and some other mundane reasons.

The best foundation to build a marriage is on friendship and that's why you'll hear marriage counsellors say "marry your friend".

Take away sex from most relationships there will be nothing left, you'll discover the sex isn't even enough to keep it going. Sex that should be the icing on the cake has become the entire cake.

Money that should add spice to the marriage has become the entire food. He must have money, he must have a good car, she must be working and earning her own money etc. Once the money is not there anymore, water done pass garri.

Don't get me started on the Looks part, you'll marry because she has big bumbum and boobs, or because he is tall dark or fair and handsome with a six inch rod. A time will come that all these things won't do it for you anymore.

Marry your friend. That person that comes to your mind when you want to have deep discussions about your dreams, your bad day, your plans, your failures. That person that you will forget about time and keep talking with cause conversation and laughter and joys and tears just comes real.

That is what brings intimacy. The attraction, sex, money, looks all those ones na jara.

My opinion o. So before you mention me and insult me, take note of the fact that it's my opinion, make Thunder no fire you this morning.
Romanoff ....your opinion tight, I like am cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by idahme(m): 1:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
vickydevoka:

Na woman de write dis thing

E shock u like e shock buhari...
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by 2rez: 1:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
Elzakzaky:

Are we reading the same thread?

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by yusluvad(m): 1:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
Yamiriflathead:
MARRIAGE ISSA SCAM
For who marry wrong...
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by mechanics(m): 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2021
Because your friend left his marriage does not other marriages are not working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Image123(m): 1:49pm On Jan 11, 2021
LordReed:

What has happened is that people are still holding on to outdated notions of what marriage is supposed to be when the societal conditions that surround marriage have taken a drastic change. They are putting new wine in old wineskins, both the wineskin and the wine will be lost. We seriously need to reevaluate what marriage is in this modern age. Maybe we should begin to formalise marriage as a strict contract like we do in business, none of this wishy washy till death do us part nonsense or head and neck analogies people hold on to. Marriage must evolve like all things or become extinct.

Actually the reverse is the case. People have lost the first and biblical principles of marriage, that is why it doesn't work for them. It still works for those that make it work.

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by 2rez: 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
Chii59:

Your moniker sounds very familiar. Are you a mod?
Well you do have a point. But do we allow the hatred grow beyond what it is to something far worse because children have infiltrated the forum? Back in the days, far back as 10 years ago when I got to know about this platform, nairaland was such an amazing place to be! Right now, the stench of misogyny, tribal/ethnic wars have gotten so thick, some of us can't breath. It's gotten out of hand.

NL still dey hold the ace when compared to other forums though, just that it's gradually losing it's glory. A useless & a cancerous country must to affect both the life & lifeless things in that country. Na Naija factor dey affect NL of a truth.

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by ImaIma1(f): 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

The best foundation to build a marriage is on friendship and that's why you'll hear marriage counsellors say "marry your friend".

Take away sex from most relationships there will be nothing left, you'll discover the sex isn't even enough to keep it going. Sex that should be the icing on the cake has become the entire cake.

Money that should add spice to the marriage has become the entire food. He must have money, he must have a good car, she must be working and earning her own money etc. Once the money is not there anymore, water done pass garri.

Don't get me started on the Looks part, you'll marry because she has big bumbum and boobs, or because he is tall dark or fair and handsome with a six inch rod. A time will come that all these things won't do it for you anymore.

Marry your friend. That person that comes to your mind when you want to have deep discussions about your dreams, your bad day, your plans, your failures. That person that you will forget about time and keep talking with cause conversation and laughter and joys and tears just comes real.

That is what brings intimacy. The attraction, sex, money, looks all those ones na jara.

My opinion o. So before you mention me and insult me, take note of the fact that it's my opinion, make Thunder no fire you this morning.

Seriously, you captured it all.

It is easy for someone to come and trash talk marriage because one person he knows divorced. He doesn't know any details like "why did they get married " "was it on the right foundation ", "Did they try to make the marriage work?"

How about the marriages that are working, do they have 5 heads? Some couples are too lazy to put the work into the marriage. They act unconcerned but they expect the marriage to work itself out.

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by noble2faith(m): 2:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
Chii59:

Your moniker sounds very familiar. Are you a mod?
Well you do have a point. But do we allow the hatred grow beyond what it is to something far worse because children have infiltrated the forum? Back in the days, far back as 10 years ago when I got to know about this platform, nairaland was such an amazing place to be! Right now, the stench of misogyny, tribal/ethnic wars have gotten so thick, some of us can't breath. It's gotten out of hand.

Most beautiful, don't be perturbed by misogynistic comments by some male nairalanders. The truth is some of them are direct opposite of what they are exhibiting here in reality. Forget this virtual world!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by ImaIma1(f): 2:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
Marriage is not for children or for the selfish. If all you think about is yourself, please stay on your lane and don't frustrate another human being in the name of marriage

If you are a mummy's boy/girl, please mature first before ever thinking of getting married. Don't enter and start expecting mummy to tell you when to kn.....k.

If you think marriage is about the physical attributes, don't be deceived. Knowing how to twerk, lap dance or do the leg work is not enough cheesy.

Just be ready mentally before you enter it to avoid "marriage is scam" write ups.

3 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
A man that is fond of side chicks and like to check up on his exes will always have a turbulent marriage. A woman that have an amazing exploits of sexual history and adventures with single and married men will find it problematic to settle down with such men. She sees every woman that checks in as a rival
Great Point you have here

1 Like

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by cassyrooy(m): 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
mithras:

What if that person is two years older than you and has certain attitudes like being controlling, emotionally manipulative and somewhat entitled to your money?
Sort these out with the person, that age part is not a major problem once you get to sort the remaining issues you raised.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by stan83: 3:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
[quote IS NOT A SCAM.. FIND YOUR OWN SOULMATE YOU WILL LEAVE HAPPILY, AFTER AND FOREVER.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by deltateam: 3:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
BlessedNuel:
Just speechless

Some people think say marriage na to just enter train and alight at the train station.

See eeh,if you are not ready for the deal..... jejely dey ur dey

Women be like a basket of oranges. close eye or you no close eye pick. na de same.

Worse is all those social media lovey dovey pose na scam.

my cousin husband de beat am silly but if you see their swag for online, marriage go hungry you.

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Kaidou(m): 3:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
Omezif:
those who divorce after marriage don't have sense at all, Majorities of them are pagans or eitheists. It's hard to see a trully christian divorce their marriage.
What about pastor Chris oyakilome undecided

1 Like

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Mryacks: 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

Bravo..

1 Like

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Shunbis(m): 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
dis one be like hate speech
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by RealSolution001: 5:15pm On Jan 11, 2021
colestephan86:

I am still of the opinion that, the cause of failed marriages these days is that most ladies feel it's the responsibility of the guy to do everything, while she saves her own money.
But In Nigeria of today couple must share the responsibility
Grocery and toiletries to the lady
Cable TV the lady
Gas refill the lady
Food the man
Gen running everyday the guy
Car maintenance the man
House rent 60/40
This is the model I use
Many guys are overburdened buy doing it all alone.

Nice one

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by SenorFax(m): 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Marriage na scam
Me personally will not marry

Baby mama sure me die...
Female wahalar too much.....thier non stop dramatic life, complicated life style, attention seeking and always want to be seen as babies till the end of time..they always want you to listen to them, you give them incessant compliments..they manipulate, coax and hypnotize you! people that behave like angels outside..in public...but are like devils at home

God has already fuckkked me up with six women
Five female siblings and my mother

So I won't add a wife to it
I can only imagine your sisters becoming baby mamas

But if you're cool with it, no prob.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
noble2faith:

Most beautiful, don't be perturbed by misogynistic comments by some male nairalanders. The truth is some of them are direct opposite of what they are exhibiting here in reality. Forget this virtual world!
Thanks bro
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Airtimex(m): 6:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

Your points are valid, surprised is coming from a woman.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by deavicky(m): 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
RealSolution001:
Seems marriage has continually become less important by the day. A friend we were together in school back then met me in a joint yesterday unwinding and immediately uttered, "o boy, I don divorce o". I was shocked cos I wasn't aware of his marriage. When in school, there was this course mate he was seeing, never knew they took it to marriage level. However, regardless of when they might have gotten married, I don't think the marriage was up to 2 years. I tried to ask him what happened but he said later as the place was too rowdy.

What has become marriages these days?
enemy of progress. You can't even wait to get the full gist, yet u went aheas to post it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by medexico(m): 7:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Marriage na scam
Me personally will not marry

Baby mama sure me die...
Female wahalar too much.....thier non stop dramatic life, complicated life style, attention seeking and always want to be seen as babies till the end of time..they always want you to listen to them, you give them incessant compliments..they manipulate, coax and hypnotize you! people that behave like angels outside..in public...but are like devils at home

God has already fuckkked me up with six women
Five female siblings and my mother

So I won't add a wife to it

God will add another female as a daughter.

Or multiple daughters.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by poweredcom(m): 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
Tofax:

As you plan to 'baby mama' other people's daughters & sisters without commitment of marriage, be prepared cos other guys will 'baby mama' your own daughters & sisters without commitment also.
What goes around comes around

This is a very stupid assumption and baseless

Is it wrong to have a baby mama again ...

Or did he kill anybody to get d baby mama

What are you even saying

What if his daughter becomes a very good wife in her own time and have a good husband

Abeg park well
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Gamesmart: 11:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
alphaconde:
mine is going well

though am messing up big time

however I have made up my mind that whatever my wife does I would forgive her because behind the scenes I have done worse

besides my cute sons don't deserve a broken home.

marriage no be beans

who no get brain make e no try am

Who get brain no go try am in the first place.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Gamesmart: 11:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

Why not just be friends with your friend, why marry them?

1 Like

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Gamesmart: 11:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
Sabadon:
Most people just marry without understanding the institution called marriage. Marriage be like school, if you enter the course without being prepared for it, you ll accumulate carry overs(problems) till you droo out(divorce)

Marriage is not for boys but men.

Marriage is for idiotic men who think marriage makes them a proper, better and superior man.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by yenereal(m): 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
Your own duty is to quote people. Everyone commented maturely but you'd be always quoting people looking for cheap attention.

post=97943401:
Getting married is not an achievement in life as people see it in this part of the world.
If you are lucky to be in a good and perfect or near perfect marriage, be happy and thank God for your life.
Better to be divorced than to be killed by an abusive partner.
Our Kobo!

Very True.

You can read our post one more time Lipo!
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Gamesmart: 11:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
Praxis758:

May God continue to fill the rivers of your knowledge.

You actually defined the mundane qualities that people built their relationship on.

Money is good but won't guarantee a meaniful marriage
Sex is needed but won't add success to the marriage
Physical beauty is the most deceptive
Physical look (tallness, breast, complexion, bumbum, 6 pack etc) may all fade along the journey.

The fading or failure of these aforementioned will definetly breed crisis.

Marrying on conditionless ground with defined purpose will definetly guaranty renewed commitment that will keep the union rolling.

YOUR WISDOM IS APPRECIATED BROTHER.

Like what "purpose"?
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Gamesmart: 11:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
Splitmind:
The way people are scrambling to defend this institution all over this thread just exposes it's irrelevance.

Women and Christians love to defend this institution that does not work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

117-Year-Old Grandma Whose Photos Went Viral Dies / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / Elderly Nigerian Couple On A Romantic Date At A Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.