Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

"You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri (27503 Views)

After Divorce, Most Ladies Turn Feminist And Marriage Experts / Marrying A Feminist / My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Lightorder: 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Realtord43:
Reno is so right!

Bible say, husband is the head of the house and so wife should summit to husband

But

Ferminists say the are equal in all aspect of man, and so the cant summit to him in any man or their husband!

Verdict...
Ferminists are alway not in accordance with the doctrince of the bible which put them not to comform to a christian life.

Either married or not, a ferminist is not living in accordance to a christian live
forget fake feminist everywhere . A feminist who sits back waiting for a man to come and pay her dowry is deceiving herself. Why not go pay a man’s dowry if we are all equal.Men and women are equal is always when there is goodies to share. When it is time to pay the bills, pull the 25 litres of water Keg upstairs, answer the door at 2am when the robbers are banging hard on the door, THAT IS WHEN SHE WILL TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE THE HEAD AND ALL HEADS ARE NOT EQUAL, take your first position and be the head, I am a weaker sex

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by expert234: 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
ojun50:
The only problem here is Reno, he talks too talks too much.......

The problem here is you; you hate a man for speaking the truth.

2 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by luvmijeje(f): 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
DEMZEE:

So wats the barometer for good and bad, situational ethics

You. I. Don't do unto others what you won't accept.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by SeriouslySense(m): 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
I have no problem with anyone, i simply grateful to all and thankful to God, all we need is respect, value human life and dignity, and follow Jesus as much as we can, as accurately as possible. If you call yourself a Christian, then respect its teachings, think critically, everything has meaning.

I like the truth of Christianity, the value of patience, long suffering, kindness, faithfulness, they are like absolutes, which is useful for any generation.
This generation will have to think deeply and appreciate the nature of truth.

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Anaerobi(m): 2:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
bitter truth.

2 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Aflix(m): 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
JovialJune:

Lol are you comparing yourself and other naija guy to Jay-Z? Or even Beyonce?
Lmao you Nl guys will not kill person with laugh cheesy
What have you done or are doing to achieve this
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

The day women realised the laws of men and so called called laws of God were written by chauvinistic men.

What responsibility have you taking to ensure the survival of civilization apart from giving birth and nurturing children

We fought wars, built empires,created science while u women were just providing sex and children

Now you want us to Grant you special privileges and rights for emotive reasons

3 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Ladycewhy(f): 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
JESHAL:

Feminism is a Marxist ideologies
It's a gender segregation philosophy that brings about class warfare among sexes

Really? But feminism fought against class oppression.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by SACI: 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
Realtord43:
Reno is so right!

Bible say, husband is the head of the house and so wife should summit to husband

But

Ferminists say the are equal in all aspect of man, and so the cant summit to any man or their husband!

Verdict...
Ferminists are alway not in accordance with the doctrince of the bible which put them not to comform to a christian life.

Either married or not, a ferminist is not living in accordance to a christian live
Ephesians 5:21 says" submit to each other..." But y'all (Nigeria men especially) seems to be blind to that part so as you can interpret the bible in a way that suit you people

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by sammirano: 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
In order words christian religion is misogistic undecided.

That is how they brainwash and tame the girl child all in the name of religion and tradition. I stopped taking religious people serious the day the pastor's wife said during Sunday school that " if your husband does not have bread, go out make the bread and bring it for your husband to share". Husband that cannot make bread but has hands to share bread. grin angry

Next they will tell us all feminists will go to hell fire ,e nor dey hard una to do grin grin grin

What will tell you will at the right time. That you cannot fight your lord. You will only end up misrable and wasted.

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by pegix(m): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Whether Feminism is good or bad that i cannot say
But just as Reno has sed

Any real Christian cannot be a Feminist
Atleast what it entails and d concept here in Nigeria except those Fake ass Christians
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by DEMZEE(m): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

Like accepting transgenderism, lesbianism, gay, pedophila, rape etc ahbi
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by isa6namo(m): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Shortyyy:
your right abeg

How many Nigerian men can marry a career woman like Beyonce? Lol. SMH

Y'all should stop using Beyonce as an example whenever you want to make your irrelevant point.

Jay Z is not like an Average Nigerian man who won't even allow his wife to wear ordinary mini skirt.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Ladycewhy(f): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
DEMZEE:

How is the Bible misogynistic??

Soon una go tell us say all feminists will go to hell fire, so tell me what's not misogistic about being against freedom from gender oppression.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Oyinlomobambam(m): 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2021
ojun50:

You’re the one that doesn’t want to learn here.

Go read the verse and the Oxford dictionary and come back to comment
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by luvmijeje(f): 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
DEMZEE:

So law is now ur new religion ahbi

So women supremacy is the solution ahbi??

Empowerment of women is the solution. Enough of teaching them to be slaves to you. Enough of controlling them in order for you to feel like a man. Enough of telling them if they don't act as a slave they won't get to heaven. What kind of rubbish teaching is that.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

Egalitarianistic-Equalism ideologies have been debunked by scientific data and facts in scandanavian societies like Norway where they have strong gender equality laws but the differences in choices and outcomes of both gender has widened

Example the STEM data in such countries debunks the myth of gender equality
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by bende7t: 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
LordKO:
Women, regardless of whatever movement they identify with or status they attain, have always submitted to men or their possession; some do genuinely because they possess the traits; others do disingenuously to perfect their deceit. In fact, crass and or opportunistic women, whom public bravado and posturing are their hallmarks, are always the quickest to submit directly or indirectly, albeit disingenuously.

So, wherever you see a woman who failed to submit to her husband/companion, know that either the man has lost his object of attraction or the object of attraction isn't appealing to her anymore.

Na so. 100% right!
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Soon una go tell us say all feminists will go to hell fire, so tell me what's not misogistic about being against freedom from gender oppression.

Feminism is sexist
The Bible preaches love and hope

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by DEMZEE(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Really? But feminism fought against class oppression.

Feminism never fought against oppression

Women were never oppressed

Women just wanted to be like men and now the end results we are seeing is the high rise in single mothers, divorce and unmarried women

3 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by specialmati(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
Godbless3:

You can't be anything and yet be a Christian.
You can't be a ritualist & a christian,
You can't be a prostitude & a christian,
You can't an higher & a christian.
Christian are those who believes in the teaching of Christ, follow His footstep as is stated in the Bible.
Christian means Christ-like and the bible is a guide for all Christian and anyone who reject what is in the Bible has nothing to do with Christ.
God bless you bro most of then think that they are wise. they can do whatever they like and still be calming something else. may God save every lost soul and bring them to the understanding of the personality of Christ.

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Ladycewhy(f): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
sammirano:

What will tell you will at the right time. That you cannot fight your lord. You will only end up misrable and wasted.
same way your country is miserable and wasted. I am sure God has better things to do than have his attention on me, e.g he is too busy answering the prayers of Nigerian christians to give them electricity and good roads grin grin grin
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by SeriouslySense(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy
whether you are a feminist or not a feminist, will not really matter at the end of the day
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by DEMZEE(m): 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:

How are men oppressing women this 21st century??
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

Empowerment of women is the solution. Enough of teaching them to be slaves to you. Enough of controlling them in order for you to feel like a man. Enough of telling them if they don't act as a slave they won't get to heaven. What kind of rubbish teaching is that.

What slaves don't you have educational rights, rights to vote,right to hold political positions,right to divorce in bad marriages,right to work

How are you slaves these 21st century

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
ojun50:

If he talks too much and makes sense, then there is nothing wrong in that.
It would have been bad if he talks too much and makes no sense.
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by femi4: 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
Hongkog:
Reno talks too much jare, you can be whatever you what and still be a Christian. Its a free world.
you are right, you can have no sense and still be a nairalander
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by luvmijeje(f): 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
JESHAL:

Egalitarianistic-Equalism ideologies have been debunked by scientific data and facts in scandanavian societies like Norway where they have strong gender equality laws but the differences in choices and outcomes of both gender has widened

Example the STEM data in such countries debunks the myth of gender equality

Bullshit! So your chauvinistic laws has not widened the choices available to women?
Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Bluffly: 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
Feminism or not. Economic right isn't same as Family/marriage structure. Submit to your husband and not any man

3 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladycewhy:
same way your country is miserable and wasted. I am sure God has better things to do than have his attention on me, e.g he is too busy answering the prayers of Nigerian christians to give them electricity and good roads grin grin grin

Blaming God and Men for their incompetence, irresponsiblity,lack of mental fortitude,lack of accountability

1 Like

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by DEMZEE(m): 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
luvmijeje:

Nobody teaches that unless the person is uneducated

Women have equal rights under the law like men

Women can b Watever they want to be under the law

So where is the oppression

Women are dominating in the school system in Nigeria

Women are 51% of the workforce in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: "You Can't Be A Feminist And A Christian" - Reno Omokri by Mummyfour(f): 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
DEMZEE:

How do men take it

Submission is submission, theres no two ways about it
abeg, I don't even want to enter into a war of words with you.i no get power now.
The good and overly submissive women will understand better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

6 Mistakes You Make That Makes Your Day Unproductive / Son Squanders N2m Raised For Father's Burial, Abandons Corpse In Mortuary / How Do You Handle Moms And Their Unending WhatsApp Broadcast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.