Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (57004 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Regex: 11:22am On Jan 17, 2021
WackyJ1:

The first four comments on your post told you what you needed to know.

But you're hell bent of screwing yourself.

All the evidence is there.

But your attachment to her is making you discard all the evidence that she is cheating on you for the one thing you can hold on to to tell yourself she is not.

You are not experienced.

That is why you are like this.

Those of us who have been cheated on and believed several times until evidence came to wake up up by force,

We have already seen the signs.

1. She has someone she always calls

2. She didn't pick your calls and lied to you about the reason why

3. You found out, she didn't confess.
b. You found out from a picture of the two of them a picture she was supposed to delete.

4. She fought you for your phone and then turned around to gaslight you by calling you a woman beater.

5. She wasn't remorseful and instead told you she needed space for her mental health. She wasn't even trying to reconcile.

She is somewhere collecting mental health prick.

I have listed 5 things that show she is cheating on you.

You have only one thing to hold on to as the reason for your hope.

I would have ended things at reason number 2.

If you believe she is not cheating and there were no chats with the guy, why are you here?

You want someone to cuddle you with false truths. You should have met your female friends for that.

But guess what.

Even your females friends will tell you she is cheating on you.

Let me tell you one more eventuality.

She will be back.

She will apologise. She will beg. She will soothe your ego and you will take her back.

You will be happy.

You will think you have won.

Just save money for your DNA test along with the money you will be spending on the wedding.

And if the gods are kind to you, you will see proof that she was cheating while claiming to be restoring her mental Health.

You really did take your time to tell him what's going on. You went as far as letting him know the future.

This is something I would not do.

Serene123 forget what this guy has said, for what he said will save you, but in your heart, you are not ready to be saved. Do you sir! Also bear the outcome alone or maybe be kind enough to share here so other can learn. Thanks!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Afromentalist: 11:28am On Jan 17, 2021
The problem with many people seeking advice in general and on Nairaland in particular, is that most often they are not truly ready to hear that truth especially sad truth. They are looking for comfort not truth.

Experience they say is the best cheater teacher.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by wirinet(m): 11:41am On Jan 17, 2021
Serene123:

A married man dropped his number here and we spoke at 3am till 6 am.
He told me he has similar situation like mine. Ended his relationship cos of assumptions due to calls he was seeing.

He spoke to me maturely and while he was speaking, I saw my own self and my errors. They are happily married.

He advise I give it time. That's what I am doing

Any you think most of us men giving you advice here are unhappily married or single?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
slumcat:

Kindly note that not all married men are wise. Lots of married women are being fvcked daily... They are also married to some so called 'men'.

You can find these women on Instagram and Facebook flaunting their bodies, following and professing their love for male celebrities. Some look decent, but they're still cheats. Their marriages look clean until they're caught... Just like the FCMB scandal.

Since your so called fiancee has confessed that he gives her money, you should know that he fvcks her in return. It's simple mathematics. But no, you will keep blaming yourself.
There's something that guy has that you lack and she is very willing to give up your proposal to keep getting it. It could be money or a big d!ck...or both.

I repeat, you're too mumu to be married in today's Nigeria. Guys will finish your wife with d!ck. You've already started hacking her phone before marriage. After marriage your suspicions will increase. Anytime she goes out you will be restless and your blood pressure will be very high until she gets back. You will likely die from high blood pressure before you clock 40.

You are naturally foolish but I will do my best to instill some artificial sense into your coconut head.

Be wise.
Get sense.
Don't be a DNA victim.

U sound ''logical'. Just logical like every other advise I have been hearing.
Before I dropped this here I already knew what I will get. Dump her, she is a cheat. Crucify her she is a dog. Do this and that. When you read my beginning, I said 'constructive'.

I remember in my final year, my babe almost killed herself cos of a chat I was having with a lady. She accused me of cheating. But truth is she was just a friend, I haven't even kissed her let alone sex. She ended the relationship cos of that.

Assumptions which was what I have been having in my head. No matter how u want to see, she will still claim innocent cos she hasn't been caught in the act.

Dropping this here gave me understanding of something.
I have also learnt that in every situation, don't rush to act. Stay back, analyse the situation and u will get a clearer picture which will make u act better. I am still grateful for what happened cos it gave me a clearer picture.

Brotherly, in the course of this, I have also realised my mistake which is capable of tearing any relationship down.
I have taken time to work on them. I have learnt

One thing is sure, I will come out from this setback a better person. And this will make my relationship with her or someone else better.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2021
wirinet:

Any you think most of us men giving you advice here are unhappily married or single?

I learnt from his experience.

And the best thing to do is stay back and think, analyse the situation. Rushing to end the relationship immediately may not be the right idea cos everything staring me on the face are ASSUMPTIONS.

I have been thinking. Okay right now I end the relationship.

Why did I end the relationship?
My babe is cheating on me.
How did I know she is cheating on me?.

On Xmas day she was out with a guy who always call her.

I don't really know how that sound to u?.

I am am staying back for now to clear my head
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by eitsei(m): 12:11pm On Jan 17, 2021
Serene123:

Not chat. I can attest to that. I secretly had her WhatsApp on my phone for like a month without her ntoitce.

I saw other chats, but not that of the guy
they might not be using whatsapp to chat, you know
check telegram, messenger even her email

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SexytorresE(f): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2021
shadowmancer:

Click on my profile and read up my previous posts so that you will realize how and why I specifically kept referencing Nigerian gals (not girls in general), all of whom the word "smart" are light years far from, what best describe [your] nonchallant behavior to utilize emotional wiles as a means to be unduly mischievous while leaving a man mentally and emotionally wrecked at the expense of feeding an insatiable hunger for avarice and ego is nothing but CUNNINGNESS. (you all are one same twisted cvnts)
you will be alright my dear . You've been through alot from girls . Move on!
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SexytorresE(f): 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
shadowmancer:

Click on my profile and read up my previous posts so that you will realize how and why I specifically kept referencing Nigerian gals (not girls in general), all of whom the word "smart" are light years far from, what best describe [your] nonchallant behavior to utilize emotional wiles as a means to be unduly mischievous while leaving a man mentally and emotionally wrecked at the expense of feeding an insatiable hunger for avarice and ego is nothing but CUNNINGNESS. (you all are one same twisted cvnts)
you are depressed and u need help. Stay safe I'm not the course of any of your predicament u might have gone through in the hands of anyone . U don't come here and put ur frustration on me pls . Take a pill and don't be silly undecided
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by shadowmancer(m): 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2021
SexytorresE:
you will be alright my dear . You've been through alot from girls . Move on!
Wait!
I can't believe, a mere respond to your drivel could go so far as to get under your skin, so much that you had to quote me twice just to react. Jeez!

I'm always on the move because I've always been alright, as I'm not your dear. You can save your phony appeasement for the next guy who's going through a lot emotional machination from the hands of you treacherous Nigeria bimbos.

SexytorresE:
you are depressed and u need help. Stay safe I'm not the course of any of your predicament u might have gone through in the hands of anyone . U don't come here and put ur frustration on me pls . Take a pill and don't be silly undecided
If by textual expression you somehow could determine I'm such a depressed person who critically needs help, then you should also be able to determine why do you keep struggling in denial, for refusing to acknowledge how much you reek of low self-esteem. Relax , breathe out and take a deep look at your moniker, it's not hard to figure unless you're a bimbo!
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by slumcat(m): 1:20pm On Jan 17, 2021
shadowmancer:

Wait!
I can't believe, a mere respond to your drivel could go so far as to get under your skin, so much that you had to quote me twice just to react. Jeez!

I'm always on the move because I've always been alright, as I'm not your dear. You can save your phony appeasement for the next guy who's going through a lot emotional machination from the hands of you treacherous Nigeria bimbos.

If by textual expression you somehow could determine I'm such a depressed person who critically needs help, then you should also be able to determine why do you keep struggling in denial, for refusing to acknowledge how much you reek of low self-esteem. Relax , breathe out and take a deep look at your moniker, it's not hard to figure unless you're a bimbo!

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by slumcat(m): 1:35pm On Jan 17, 2021
Serene123:

And the best thing to do is stay back and think, analyse the situation. Rushing to end the relationship immediately may not be the right idea cos everything staring me on the face are ASSUMPTIONS.

95% of the comments cannot be wrong, except you're telling us a different story. Your so called fiancée is a cheat but you have simply decided to ignore all the red flags.
Deep in your heart you know you do not, and cannot trust her... And neither can any sensible person.

But I'll keep doing my best to slap some sense into your head. cool

Use your head.
Get sense.
Avoid DNA stress.

4 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by wirinet(m): 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
binarykid:
God bless that married man! I wish I can do same and have the talk with you.

You see everybody here shouting break up! end it! she is cheating! bla bla bla hmmmm. It is true that every situation is peculiar but we can still pick certain similarities from each situation.

I know the feeling of even imagining that your babe is cheating on you, 1million thoughts would flood your mind from different angles. It is even worse when it is someone you truly love. I have seen relationships crash based on assumptions, infact I know a guy that practically added his fingerprint on his lady's phone and can call this lady over 50times a day whenever she is out of the house cos of suspision (its usually a crazy feeling to deal with). The lady was actually innocent on all claims but had to save some of her male friend's name with female names cos explaining to the guy that there was nothing makes no difference and dragging the phone even makes it worse. Even with all the access the guy had to her phone, he still felt insecure and would always look for something. (insecurity grows)

You are the one in the situation and only you can make the decision for yourself cos you know the level of relationship/understanding you have and have built with your babe. I will still suggest you have a heart to heart with her. [Get her to introduce you to this 'friend'] analyze her response and make your decision whether to trust her or not. Don't allow the ongoing DNA scandal becloud your mind.

I am certain that even with the 'space' your mind would still wonder about where she is or what she is doing. While someone is around also trying to warm her way into your heart. Don't lose a 'supposed' good girl on the platter of assumptions.

I hope you make the best decision for you.

All this your "turanshi" failed to address the koko issue. Why would a fiancee keep a male bestie and be receiving gifts and money from him? Is her man's friendship and financial status not enough for her?

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Opus85(m): 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2021
Serene123:

I have been thinking. Okay, right now I end the relationship.

On Xmas day she was out with a guy who always calls her.

I don't know how that sound to u?.

I am staying back, for now, to clear my head

My brother, I will save this your username and see how everything will end. That lady smart pass you I swear. Makachukwu, I dey vex seeing you blame your self. This is the marriage we are talking about and not boyfriend girlfriend matter. Someone you want to wife is already behaving like this, how will she behave in marriage? There is already no trust in the relationship, once your instinct has gone to hacking her WhatsApp means something is going on behind.

I don't know about you, but for me, my instinct doesn't fail me. If you like to go and kneel to beg her, it is your cup of tea. We can not force you to take our advice.

I hate to advise people in a relationship that comes here to seek advice.

Bye bye, let me continue to follow the thread.

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by wirinet(m): 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2021
Serene123:

Your are better off learning from a wider range of experiences than a single experience that agrees with your opinion. A wider sample of experiences as shown by majority of the advice here will show you that over 90% of such experiences don't end well.

The relationship at the moment has ended (albeit temporarily from what you wrote ). Your fiancee has asked you to give her a break to sort out here mental health . I wander why she did not sort out her mental state before saying yes. What's even wrong with her mental health? I hope she would not need yaba left admission to cure her mental health.

Marriage is different from boyfriend /girlfriend. During the wedding you make a vow to God and all present that you will keep and honour the other person till death do you part. You should never ever marry a person who is not 100% ready to honour that vow.

I never accused her of cheating because you presented no proof. What i accused her is not respecting your relationship enough to stop calling, chatting and relating with her "bestie" who happens to be a man. I have known ladies and even men who abandon all family and friends because of their husband's/wife's wishes

On chrismas day kwa? That sounds disrespectful from a fiancee. It shows she values her "bestie" more than you.

Maybe you too should have gone out and splash money on a female "bestie" on Xmas day, instead of being lonely or staying at home to watch DSTV.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by shadowmancer(m): 2:45pm On Jan 17, 2021
Serene123:

Mr. Man! How far ?

How is your day, hope you're good!?

Abeg sidon make we talk this matter wella.

See ehn, e be like say you like to dey apply logic to everything ehn!

I was once like that.

But, we fail to realize that logic, which is a mental construct, only functions within the limit of what our respective acuity for rationality can afford us, as humans.

Animals don't rely nor depend on logic, do they? Come on man, you know they act on [pure] instinct, the default primal urge to [just] do, as ceded through evolution into all that breathes.

A gazelle is responding emotionally to the dazzling rays of the glistering streaks of sunlight bouncing around a space she founds herself transfixed in the jungle, feeling captivated and bemused by the sheer brilliance of it all.

Stealthily advancing, a leopard fixes it gaze on the antelope who in spite of been aware of the crawling danger still finds herself unable to shake-off the numbing trance from the arresting experience to take flight.

The feline gaining more closeness to its prey, leaped to descend on the hoofed-food whose strength can only do little to nothing to save her from the claws and fangs of the predator.

What drove these two animals ? is it logic or instinct ? The leopard is driven by his instinct to pounce and kill when G is sighted, and G instinct to flee kicks in when danger is imminent. None of their actions had anything to do with rationality (logic) which separates us from them as higher animals (humans).

You are attempting to rationalize by grasping why would a supposed fiancé who did certain mind-blowing things all of sudden just start acting out irrationally. It's simple! It's her instinct kicking in, if you disagree...employ this counter logic then...how many man out there we've all heard stories about regarding how they sacrificed their life, money, time and what not, all for the sake of one babe or young lady funded through university, etc only for them to ditch them for someone else. How many ? Uncountable. So if a woman can succumb to her primal nature of whoredom by suspending logic to embrace stupidity, as suspected in yours when she grappled her phone with you, goes into private to make calls, never called you, rebuff your attempt to resolve things etc

My man, wake up and smell the coffee! These b***ches ain't gonna start getting loyal over one or two properties they bought in your name.

5 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by shadowmancer(m): 2:48pm On Jan 17, 2021
Opus85:
This is the marriage we are talking about and not boyfriend girlfriend matter. Someone you want to wife is already behaving like this, how will she behave in marriage?
Na the thing wey she do for him dey scatter him head. Na him no fit make am no fit think straight.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by slumcat(m): 2:53pm On Jan 17, 2021
I can bet with anything that it will surely end in high blood pressure and premium tears...

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by CrateofBeer: 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
@op I can assure you she will come back but I can swear it will be after she has had enough of the man and the man is not giving her much attention again. How many men takes a random girl out often, spend lavishly on her, call often and not having sex with her? She's buying stuffs with money she getting from him. You're good for marriage, but the other guy spend more and he just want sex.
You Said she's only collecting his money lol

You swear you're sure not evidence in her phone because you've hack through it but you're still struggling to collect the phone and check. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by GetMeRight: 3:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
Chii59:
Funny enough, more men wail on romance land than women.
Why on earth should a mere misunderstanding lead to a scuffle which damaged her nails.
Children everywhere undecided

Lol. What did you expect when aunty clinged to her phone like her life depends on it. A fvcking cheating biitch

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by lazeal: 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
Excel99:
My two Kobo advise is that, you can't change anyone. Only God has the prerogative to change people. If you go on to marry her, be prepared for consistent heart break. Even if she leaves that guy, there will be another. I like to ask though, have you made her to reach orgasm. Are you a selfish lover in the bed. This could be key
true... This is why most of them are kinda indulge in it... the sex cos the proposed man to marry them does not do dirty job...

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by dayorich: 5:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
triangulation:

Alright, I will chat you up

I'm still waiting for your chat sir.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ryfoz(m): 7:31pm On Jan 18, 2021
hmmmm....women?

most fickle-minded being I've ever met. 90% of them never really know what they want EVEN IF THEY ARE PLANNING A WEDDING WITH YOU

At any point be ready to let go and never look back, that's what makes you a man

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by triangulation: 7:58am On Jan 20, 2021
dayorich:

I'm still waiting for your chat sir.
Sorry for the delay sir, chatting you up right away
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by zamanii: 5:41am On Jan 29, 2021
triangulation:

I can teach you. I don't know how the private mailing thingy work on Nairaland. If you can drop your WhatsApp number here, I will chat you up

Hello boss
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by tosan245(m): 5:45pm On Feb 08, 2021
She just hit you with "Reserve Psychology" making you feel bad because you almost caught her dirty secret.Yes, she might have feelings for you and willing to get married to you but that guy would be someone she isnt willing to marry to for some unknown reasons but still she can't do without him. Folks like that lurks around even after marriage they are like pests.

My advice for you, if you still have feelings for her make sure you discover who that guy really is and how the friendship was formed because you might end up having this one battle to fight after you get married.

In all be wise, be close to God and listen to your heart
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Lady Who Rejected Her Ex Boyfriend Mourns After His Death / Baby Daddy & His 2 Friends Sleep With His Baby Mama After She Got Drunk And High / Pre-wedding Photos Of 2 Plus-sized Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.