Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (56954 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
Sundrus:
That girl don dey ride that guy wey she dey call "just a friend".... dey very careful oh. No go put active olosho for house as wife oh. Except u dey equal to the task.
Hahhahaah
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 3:50pm On Jan 16, 2021
InfernoNig:
In summary. She's cheating. Just be careful.
Smart gang I remove cap for you
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 3:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
Molahnelson:
Her refusing to let you have her phone is the signed of cheating so be careful don't think with your anus

The red flag has been shown to you ignore it at your own detriment
Enough advice for the wise
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Tensteel412: 3:52pm On Jan 16, 2021
Omo bros u no smart at all. Break in a relationship means u guys can see anybody. Why will she request for 1 if she no get spare tire way go dey warm her up. My advice, u can continue funking when she comes back(if u like d sex), but marriage u go regret am. U r not in love, u r lursting after fleshy things (guess she bleeps very well, she don scatter ur head, thats why u dey mumu).

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by extol1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2021
frozen70:

The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know
not in all cases
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by extol1(m): 4:02pm On Jan 16, 2021
frozen70:

The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know
not in all cases
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Tango123: 4:03pm On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish

Maybe she secretly knows u are secretly monitoring her whatsapp, and has resortrd to only voice calls with the guy

Use ur head bro
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
ogashman:

I have been there before..... ur girl knows she is about to be caged by marriage, so this is the last time she has to test another dick, before living with urs forever.

if you can, call it quits with her or better still warn the guy to keep off ur woman....take her phone and call the guy to leave ur wife alone. if she still continues, then u know what to do
Abi this is the last time haha
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by dlordy100: 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
it's a pity we don't have VAR in one's life if not we could easily detect the actual fault without sentiment... nevertheless that girl is banging the guy called friend
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2021
[quote author=Serene123 post=98091199]...

Thanks. Your submission has been concrete without throwing tantrums.
I wonder why many can't give advise here without name calling.

I have decided to let her be with her thoughts. I will get myself engage with something else.

If she is ready, she will call me and I will give her my terms and conditions. Call the guy there and end it. If she agree, good, if not I move.

That's all my bro and please give her a concrete warning, if a Nigerian girl discovered that you are a lover lover boy na so they want to used you play basketball.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2021
Opus85:

Lmao. They are telling you something and you are still defending. Clean WhatsApp and test is sign of.... Let me not talk because it has happened to me before.
Haha please my guy tell me your experience so that I can learn abeg
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 4:28pm On Jan 16, 2021
Remijuice:
Lol..

There's a time my guy gf was seeing another guy but there's no much evidence.

My guy came to me for solution,, we hacked fb, no way,, WhatsApp, no way...

Then as a sharp guy,,,, I installed one hidden call recorder on her phone. I can't remember the name of the app again.

After one week I came to his house to check our trap. Immediately she went to the bathroom,, I uncovered everything.
We listened hurriedly to the audio from that particular number and other suspicious numbers..

My greatest mistake was not leaving that house before she come out of the bathroom.

Cos when she did, everywhere was gbas gbos! cheesy
What do you by gbas gbos
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Mcslize: 4:31pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ninisun:
Op don't allow these inexperienced small boys here to deceive you.Go and ask for her forgiveness, take that guy's number and tell him you are not comfortable with his rship with your babe... he will back off.

Chisooooos Christ! What an advice!
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2021
Skepticus:

It's bigger than losing feelings. That girl OP talked about na most likely Coded Street girl wey dey run package on top the OP head.

As she see say OP don engage her (wedding on the way), she use the few months wey she get as single babe, they "sort" her old boyfriend(s) which is giving them "parting sex" before her marriage. All go be clean runs, no social media chat so that the OP no go suspect. I don straff babe like that 3 days to her wedding. Babe just call me say she wan give me "parting gift" before wedding. Deletes call as soon as she made them to clean up "evidence". Na banging all night before she go wed for PH 3 days later. That's why paternity fraud for Nigeria be like water. Na so plenty men take dey train first children wey nor be dia own.

I just dey laugh the OP. Girl dey run "street" parole on am and e nor wan understand. He should be glad that he has a good "subconscious" telling him that something is wrong.
Lol I'm very sure you have been banging married women also grin

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2021
gregyboy:

You for still resist am, banging a lady days to her marriage is no no, toto is over rated or rather sex

You for reject the sex my conscience nor go allow do wetin u do sha

Anyway op must learn d hard way i hate soft boys
What do you mean toto is overrated?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 4:37pm On Jan 16, 2021
Skepticus:

That year, I was still young with hormones running wild. Your girl waka enta my den, I straff am. No joy. I have no regrets about it as the women wanted it and felt no regret about it either. We all moved on. I had friends that did a lot of things "wilder" than me (my mind couldn't carry it) banging women that were pregnant for other men and all. Inside Life.

Those days are long gone and I have my senses intact now. The lesson I learnt is trust women at your own peril, knowing how sexually "useless" they can be. Even, that one you claim that you believe, isn't exempted. The only difference is that she is either not being caught yet or she hasn't seen the "right opportunity" to do it.
Lol even pregnant women?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by gregyboy(m): 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2021
Hassanmaye:

What do you mean toto is overrated?

Guys dieing for it or not resisting it, his something i cant put up with

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2021
obainojazz:
Happened to my friend... very serious relationship but his girlfriend had one guy she called just a friend.. She argued it day and night grin
She’s dating the just a friend now... your girlfriend is getting it both ways ... japa now
Lol just a friend may be the guy they bang grin
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 4:40pm On Jan 16, 2021
Mrpojj:

Omo she dey delete chat!!!
Don't be decieve
I get one babe like that wey Sabi delete chat, she go say she dey create memory space for her fone...
Hahahhaa
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by sirtuler(m): 4:40pm On Jan 16, 2021
That girl don de way two of una in a scale and I think the other guy is begining to unsettle you .
Give her the space and never make it seem as if u de despirate a d you need the new girl to get over her matter.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2021
chijokz:

She's deleting the chats.
Incoming calls are nothing and can't prove anything.
In conclusion - That guy is smashing your fiancee. Period!

grin grin Wickness
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by IamSoProlific: 4:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
Sniper101:
She says she needs "time to get her mental health back" ...which is an indirect way of saying she needs "time to go fvck with the other guy" for a while

And I dare say that she needs the time off, away from you, so she wouldn't be feeling guilty during the times she's fvcking with the other guy

Guy...as a guy who's been there and done that...my advice for you is; get back your engagement ring and move on with your life.

Sometimes, love is not enough.

SOMETIMES "love" alone shouldn't be the criteria for sticking with someone.

Move on, bro!

WhatsApp on two different phones is never possible.

It's not possible with Mark's Whatsapp
And it's not possible with GBwhatsapp either

What's easily attainable is getting someone's Whatsapp messages(as they drop) directly to a laptop.

Correct guy, I get the geek now. That's Whatsap web.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by nathyx(m): 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2021
Fish Yakpa for water don't waste your time Brotherly!
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Gbengageorge: 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2021
She must have deleted the chat history

Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ubola: 4:56pm On Jan 16, 2021
Minjim:
That's why the date between engage and marriage should be more than 6 months
Wrong, not a guarantee to Successfull marriage. I married after dating for 2 months, and we've been the best of friends for years now.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Hassanmaye(m): 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
Southbeach:
I was in ur shoes 2years ago. Was making plans to settle with the nicest and most supportive babe ever, unknowm to me she was fvcking a guy in the next compound.
Got to findout he wasn't even the only one dicqing her. Nah so i for marry community kpekus that year.

An engaged biatch that could wrestle her fone from her fiancee is not worthy of marriage to the said guy.
The things she did that made you think you have found the one does not mean shes the best u could ever have.
Reaching out to her to resolve issues is you playing into her hands.
Entertain yourself with the company of the new girl (she might even be the one for you) u never know.
Consider yourself single fam. But shud incase you choose to ignore all the warnings,, we will all surely gather like this to read more threads from you..
Adios
Lol you mean nicest and most supportive can be snakes?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Minjim: 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2021
ubola:
Wrong, not a guarantee to Successfull marriage. I married after dating for 2 months, and we've been the best of friends for years now.

We are saying the same thing.
Maybe I should put it like this:
Don't stay long in a relationship before getting married .
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by richnankar1: 5:29pm On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

Money she brings in?.

You misunderstood it Ma. I just stated her readiness to build a home with me by getting somethings. Not that she brings in a lot of money to confuse me. I am the one bringing in the money.

I haven't really gotten an evidence despite the chats , just the calls.
Yes I love her.

Just like u said, I now understand people handles things differently.
I will give her the time she wants, when she come back then we will renegotiate.
Thbaks for your opinions
Your mind is still with the lady. My brother, I beg you to move on with your life. All the signs this lady has manifested are evidences that she is seeing the other guy or even someone else. She has lost interests for you.
I let my first date go last year after 9 months when i noticed she was no longer interested
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Opus85(m): 5:45pm On Jan 16, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Haha please my guy tell me your experience so that I can learn abeg

Bro any person deleting text both WhatsApp or whatever from a number that calls constantly is cheating, if she has or he has not starting cheating already, the person will cheat very soon. Such person will cheat in future if not soon. Don't end up with such person. Dem no dey tell blind man say rain go soon start.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by wirinet(m): 5:48pm On Jan 16, 2021
Serene123:

I didn't expect less when I came here. Nairalanders will never tell you to work out stuff.

I have digested the whole comments and decided to give her time to think.

You seem to align with what you want to hear, which are the opinions of mostly female readers who are talking from the their own experience and perspective.

Most guys giving you advice have passed through this exact same scenario. I also had a serious girl friend that told me she had a guy friend, she talks to and visits regularly. Still the same excuse "he is only a friend". I told her to cut it and I don't tolerate male unrelated friends. She told me I should not control her. I only heard rumours that she visited him after I banned her not to. That was the end of the relationship. Mind you this was a 3 year relationship and I truly loved her. She came to her senses three weeks later and came to beg for forgiveness. Me, I don't forgive because I warned her of the consequences before she she decided to to go over to the guys place. If she would not listen to me on such a critical thing while we are dating, is it after we marry that she will obey me?

You will learn the hard way.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2021
Mcslize:

Chisooooos Christ! What an advice!

Yes,why must he injure her because of assumptions?, has the tendency of beating her in future.He overreacted cus from what he wrote,its a long distance rship and so should act with evidence.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2021
OP,hope you ain't a nag or always feel insecure.Ladies easily get tired of men that are rigid,always nag and too domineering. She might be talking to the guy but not emotionally attracted to him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Oyinbo Man & His Nigerian Fiancee Rock Super Eagles Jersey In Pre-wedding Photos / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Sanchi Celebrates Her Mother On Mother's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.