Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (56923 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by vibbb: 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
Y hiding abi struggling with you because you wanna check her phone ? Oga wise up. Something Fishing is going down.

11 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
adexpa:

It is not easy brother, I can see that it is very difficult for you to finalize your conclusion, I can feel your pain.
I will advice you sit her down and have a concrete conversation ( you are not comfortable with the call so she must stop the relationship for your peace of mind). She can not decided to be with you and still have extra affairs. You need to clarify all these before going ahead. If she insist, you can find your way out.
Human being can be dangerous; she might have agreement with the guy not to chat nor text her.
Make all your findings before going ahead. Many women are not ready to be totally committed to a man any longer.

Thanks. Your submission has been concrete without throwing tantrums.
I wonder why many can't give advise here without name calling.

I have decided to let her be with her thoughts. I will get myself engage with something else.

If she is ready, she will call me and I will give her my terms and conditions. Call the guy there and end it. If she agree, good, if not I move.

Thanks again brother

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Vanzcharles(m): 4:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
Lol, you're forming James Bond but she's a Charlie Angel that's way ahead of you.

I'll never invade a person's privacy in the name of whatever. You're also a terrible person.

I wish you the best.

You are just talking rubbish.

7 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 4:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
oginga:
@ OP. That's a red flag that you should not ignore, she's been bonking the said guy big time.

Dump the public dog as fast as you can before you fall into deep sh**t... Cheats never change, they only improve on covering their tracks.

Forget love bro, think of your peace of mind, your mental health and sanity, your life as an individual person.

You can go on and marry a coded prostitute, which may end up bringing an illegitimate child into your house and life. That's if you don't die before your time... All the best bro! .

You must not call someone despicable names before dishing out advise.

Dont you have home training?.

Learn Bro

8 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by stacyadams: 4:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Have u hacked someone WhatsApp chat b4?

If u haven't, then keep calm bro.
Whenever she is online, I get notified and read everything she is typing

I am yet to see any evidence between her and that guy.

And u think whatsapp is d only means of communication??..if am cheating on u,I know ur first port of call would be to check my whatsapp msg. grin

34 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SocialJustice: 4:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
Vanzcharles:

You are just talking rubbish.
Thank you, I have said my own. The final decision rests on him.

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Vanzcharles(m): 4:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Thanks. Your submission has been concrete without throwing tantrums.
I wonder why many can't give advise here without name calling.

I have decided to let her be with her thoughts. I will get myself engage with something else.

If she is ready, she will call me and I will give her my terms and conditions. Call the guy there and end it. If she agree, good, if not I move.

Thanks again brother

I advise you slow things down. Any marriage preparations and the rest. Watch her for more period of time.
WhatsApp is not the only message text I hope you know that. We have the normal message text app, hangouts, email, Facebook messenger, fb app e.t.c... Don't be carried out on WhatsApp only.
Her holding her phone signifies so many things. I will just stop here for now.

10 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SocialJustice: 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
Vanzcharles:

I advise you slow things down. Any marriage preparations and the rest. Watch her for more period of time.
WhatsApp is not the only message text I hope you know that. We have the normal message text app, hangouts, email, Facebook messenger, fb app e.t.c... Don't be carried out on WhatsApp only.
Oh so you know there are other communication platforms and I'm also talking rubbish. Speaking from both sides of your mouth.

5 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Vanzcharles(m): 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
Oh so you know there are other communication platforms and I'm also talking rubbish. Speaking from both sides of your mouth.

Mtcheew.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SocialJustice: 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
Vanzcharles:

Mtcheew.
Don't hiss, defend your foolishness.

7 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Vanzcharles(m): 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
Don't hiss, defend your foolishness.

Mtcheew. Nothing to defend there. Have a good day.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SocialJustice: 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2021
Vanzcharles:

Mtcheew. Nothing to defend there. Have a good day.
cheesy Good thing you know, nonsense and ingredients.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Vanzcharles(m): 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
SocialJustice:
cheesy Good thing you know, nonsense and ingredients.

Thanks you agree that there is no foolishness to defend also.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Serene123: 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2021
Vanzcharles:

I won't be defending her here. But her phone, i have access to it same as her. Is not an issue there.

I am happy this happened. I have slowed down. When she is done, she will return home, we will talk.
Thanks for your reply

5 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Vanzcharles(m): 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I won't be defending her here. But her phone, i have access to it same as her. Is not an issue there.

I am happy this happened. I have slowed down. When she is done, she will return home, we will talk.
Thanks for your reply

Where does she live at the moment? Was she with you before or she comes often?
Have you ever made a discussion about the said "Guy" about how they met or whatsoever?
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Psalmy2cute(m): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish
You didn't see any chat because she's deleting the chats.. bro are you a simp?? If she's too clean that's a red flag..

25 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by davidadenrele: 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

Brotherly,

My peice of advice by your explanation without jumping into conclusion it's obvious your fiancee is secretly dating this guy, fear of insecurity that maybe you wouldn't succed in meeting all her financial needs in that process she wants to eat her cake and have it, you know stop giving yourself uncessary headache let her be, she wants to explore a major syndrome of most our ladies they want to settle on hand, at the other hand they want flex, gbadun, jaiye codedly at the other hand, if i were you I would let her be by the time she's has been smashed like an accidental tokubo car without repairs then you will be the one to laugh last.by then you will have set you standard high and let her realize you something much more better to chase, gals don't like it when they see falling over heads heels in love.

Take a chill pill get more serious set your dreams and target you want to achieve, pray and work hard earn good money by the time she realized you won't have her time anymore.

Try this and thank me later.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see a single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pissing me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish

How can a woman you call your fiancee didn't pick your call because she was with a friend? Now, you letting her manipulate you making you look like the villain.

Even if nothing is happening I see as an insult to your person for your fiancee to ignore your call in his presence. I wouldn't take it.

45 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nato008(m): 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
having carefully read ur thoughts and analysis....here is my candid take...
*if this was bf/gf stuff I would have let the phone stuff slide but someone u put ring on already..fixing up ur apartment together.. then she vehemently refuses u going through her phone...then bro that is a red flag..and even saying she lost feelings for u over that is much worst..some words can't be taken back
*on the issue of u having covertly spied on her for evidence without finding one, two things are involved...
-she is clean and is just ur imagination and stress getting to u...or
-she is good...real good which means that while u are running covert surveillance on her she was busy running counter surveillance on u leading u to the assumption that she is clean..trust me when I tell u it is possible cause I've done.
oh and please don't try to force a conversation with her....she will emotional blackmail u, give her all the time she needs...and u stay off that other lady, don't give her the chance to counter attack on u using this new lady

25 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Opus85(m): 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Her chats, sms, messenger all clean.

Someting happened and her WhatsApp was showing on my phone for months grin without her knowing. I didn't see a single chat with the guy.
Not one.

Lmao. They are telling you something and you are still defending. Clean WhatsApp and test is sign of.... Let me not talk because it has happened to me before.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by silibaba: 5:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
just leave her make she be the LORD OF THE RING

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by SavageBoy: 5:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
It's simple...start preparing to marrying her,while you do so don't forget to also save for DNA test

7 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by oneolajire(m): 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
Marriage is loving you only, leaving others alone.

Better a girl regrets why she didn't get married to you than regretting married to you

8 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by tbanty1: 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Not chat. I can attest to that. I secretly had her WhatsApp on my phone for like a month without her ntoitce.

I saw other chats, but not that of the guy
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Solzate(m): 6:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

My Man from what you wrote here it clearly indicates she's cheating on you,but let's not Rush into conclusions yet.
first things first don't let love blind your eyes or blind your sense of judgement.
Call your woman sit her down and tell her your mind let you guys settle .one of the best ways to win a battle is by keeping your enemies close (not saying she's your enemy ooo),
Now she believes you guys have settled,now make sure you try as much to monitor her every movement.
always check how many minutes she spends on a call with that guy.now make sure you give her no reason to suspect you are monitoring her,let her believe you are a fool.
With time you will get all the evidence you need..
Then it is Left you to take the best action you dim fit.

But if you ask her for reconciliation and she still decides she wants some time to think,my man just leave her alone let her think till eternity.

Now let's be realistic she's really cheating on you with that Guy,like that Guy is really banging her cuchi real good..most women in relationships nowadays tend to have backup guys just pray you not the backup guy.

My Man all road still leads down to her cheating on you, cause for her to put up this behavior she's getting real close to that other guy. Na person wey like person dey call steady..so just try your possible Best to move on with your life so when she finally decides to break-up you would gladly accept majestically.. but no long Cap you can equally break up now ..
I am sure that Guy just wants to play her and chop puna meat last last it Will end up in sweet tears for her just break up with her

8 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Remijuice: 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2021
Lol..

There's a time my guy gf was seeing another guy but there's no much evidence.

My guy came to me for solution,, we hacked fb, no way,, WhatsApp, no way...

Then as a sharp guy,,,, I installed one hidden call recorder on her phone. I can't remember the name of the app again.

After one week I came to his house to check our trap. Immediately she went to the bathroom,, I uncovered everything.
We listened hurriedly to the audio from that particular number and other suspicious numbers..

My greatest mistake was not leaving that house before she come out of the bathroom.

Cos when she did, everywhere was gbas gbos! cheesy

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Themainboy22: 6:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
She's acting that way because she perceived you to be a nice guy, and should be reserved for future purpose. She just tested her manipulation skills on you, and you fell for it. The only way to reverse the mistake, and make her to join the awon shiloh or feminist geng, is to reject and kick her fake avss out when she comes back begging, after codedly hoeing around to her satisfaction. Otherwise... Infact go and read one of Ubunja's misEDUCATIONs titled; "That lil break up she initiated for no reason". You go dey alright las las.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
DNA test kits no cost much sha grin

4 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by AbujaCitiBlog: 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

If you go ahead and marry that Prostitute, you will be crying everyday of your life.

6 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by yungchop: 7:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
This OP is just an attention seeker. .
I wonder when WhatsApp starts allowing one single account to run on two different phones.. Lies kill you there

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by UDbester(m): 7:20pm On Jan 15, 2021
Bro don't dump her now, do everything within your power to get her to focus on you, then when you feel she is so so into you again, then drop her sorry azzz without giving any reason.

That way she would live all her life thinking she has evil spirit working against her

4 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by gregyboy(m): 7:20pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

Bro move dont be a simp to a lady, take your stance as a man, and walk out

Welcome to reality bro, she lost feeling, you better start doing thesame

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Couple Take Pre-wedding Photos Back To School Hostel They Met 7 Years Ago / Only A Real Woman Would See This And Still Stick With You....true Or False? / Two Nairalanders Finally Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.