Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement (56993 Views)

I Broke Up With My Girlfriend Now Shes Back But I Am Confused / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Vanzcharles(m): 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
yungchop:
This OP is just an attention seeker. .
I wonder when WhatsApp starts allowing one single account to run on two different phones.. Lies kill you there

Or you are the ignorant one here. If you've not heard of a clone WhatsApp before then kindly ask the OP for directions.

4 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by yungchop: 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Vanzcharles:

Or you are the ignorant one here. If you've not heard of a clone WhatsApp before then kindly ask the OP for directions.
Okay.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by walter11590: 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2021
:Not chat. I can attest to that. I secretly had her WhatsApp on my phone for like a month without her ntoitce.I saw other chats, but not that of the guy
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by gregyboy(m): 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Her chats, sms, messenger all clean.

Someting happened and her WhatsApp was showing on my phone for months grin without her knowing. I didn't see a single chat with the guy.
Not one.

She rather no chat with him on whatsapp to stay carefull,

Wise up, i bet she initiated the idea to the guy

16 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by CuteMike01(m): 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
She has insisted nothing serious is going on.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have tried to talk to her so we fix this shit but she said she needs time.

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

Sorry for the lengthy thread

Believe what you want to believe but there is nothing like platonic friendship between opposite sexes. One would always want to take it further.

Well, just like the redpillers do say - Know this and know peace.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by gregyboy(m): 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Confuse

[s]Haven't seen tangible evidence against her and the guy despite hacking her phone and reading all her chats for months.

Just the call that put me off. And the call have continued for months

I am torn between believing her or just calling it off.[/s]

Move on wetin dey do you self, shey u tell her make she tell d guy make e nor dey call her again

She answer you,

Nope.... Get sense bro

Anyway if u guys still get together and still go ahead on tieing d knot

I want to read the dna test of all your children in the nearest future, am not living nairaland soon

17 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by gregyboy(m): 7:41pm On Jan 15, 2021
ogashman:

I have been there before..... ur girl knows she is about to be caged by marriage, so this is the last time she has to test another dick, before living with urs forever.

if you can, call it quits with her or [s]better still warn the guy to keep off ur woman[/s]....take her phone and call the guy to leave ur wife alone. if she still continues, then u know what to do

Tell him to leave your woman, if na me na there i go do am pass

Jeez bro never do that please not even to your wife

3 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by KOKOwonder(m): 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Have u hacked someone WhatsApp chat b4?

If u haven't, then keep calm bro.
Whenever she is online, I get notified and read everything she is typing

I am yet to see any evidence between her and that guy.
boss, how did you hacked the what's app?... I really need it pls

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by ednut1(m): 8:06pm On Jan 15, 2021
Sorry bro
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Skepticus: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:
Please I will need your constructive opinion on this. Been battling with this thoughts for some time now.

I engaged my girl last year. Reason why I did engage her was because I saw her intent to be with me. I have seen her gave out her cash to help get somethings for our new apartment. She has even used her cash to buy some properties she wants in the house when we get married.
She has stood and defended me to her family on why she is getting married to me. She has really earned my trust and never regretted engaging her. She is one girl that every man will like to have as wife

In the course of our relationship months back, I noticed there is this guy that call her. I questioned and she said is just a friend. I have told her I am not comfortable with the call. Yes I have listened to the calls and it doesn't sound serious
On 25th Dec I place a call across to her phone and she wasn't picking. She later told me reason why she didn't pick.
While we were together I noticed she didn't pick cos she went out with the same guy I have been complaining about. I got to know via a pic.
I was so angry and I needed to take her phone and check up something. We struggled with the phone and she injured her nails.. She is saying I am a woman beater and I have anger issue.
She started keeping to herself and phone and was bold to tell me that this action of mine has succeeded in killing the feelings she has for me.

She has asked for time to get her mental health back and for close to two weeks now we haven't been flowing well..

I have decided to give her the time she needs while I focus on something else. Yes, I miss her

I won't lie, is emotional for me and someone is currently trying to fill her vacuum by being all nice. I am getting closer to her, but my heart still yearn for my fiance.

I don't know if I am doing the right thing by being close to another lady. I don't know if I should belivee her that she has lost feelings for me and move on.
I need your advise.

When your guts start hinting at something, it is most likely right.

All these "friends" na mostly fûck mates. You don't wanna turn a slût into a housewife or start doubting the paternity of your child.

By the way, drop that stupid feminine emotions called love. Men don't need love in relationship with women. RESPECT and LOYALTY is what a man needs that is why our forefathers who understood women never used that silly word, called love. It is an emotion that can fade off and for women. Any decision made on emotion never ends well in the long run.

Use your brain, brother. This girl seem to be ahead of you in the "street" game of relationships.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Kingluqman(m): 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Someting happened and her WhatsApp was showing on my phone for months grin without her knowing. I didn't see a single chat with the guy.
Not one.
Bro, nothing happened, na “Whatscan” you used hack her WhatsApp. You smart but be smart enough to know that she might not be cheating on you right now but, when another man is the source of your woman’s happiness, she’s long gone. Man up bro, give her time, even though I know she’s not coming back because she will narrate everything to the said guy and guy man go console her with a good **x. You have every reason to be happy, use your head bro.

Gboju n be!!!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Skepticus: 8:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
gregyboy:

Bro move dont be a simp to a lady, take your stance as a man, and walk out

Welcome to reality bro, she lost feeling, you better start doing thesame

It's bigger than losing feelings. That girl OP talked about na most likely Coded Street girl wey dey run package on top the OP head.

As she see say OP don engage her (wedding on the way), she use the few months wey she get as single babe, they "sort" her old boyfriend(s) which is giving them "parting sex" before her marriage. All go be clean runs, no social media chat so that the OP no go suspect. I don straff babe like that 3 days to her wedding. Babe just call me say she wan give me "parting gift" before wedding. Deletes call as soon as she made them to clean up "evidence". Na banging all night before she go wed for PH 3 days later. That's why paternity fraud for Nigeria be like water. Na so plenty men take dey train first children wey nor be dia own.

I just dey laugh the OP. Girl dey run "street" parole on am and e nor wan understand. He should be glad that he has a good "subconscious" telling him that something is wrong.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Angelacruz: 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
She is seriously cheating on u wit dat said guy...pele
Serene123:

Not chat. I can attest to that. I secretly had her WhatsApp on my phone for like a month without her ntoitce.

I saw other chats, but not that of the guy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by gregyboy(m): 8:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Skepticus:

It's bigger than losing feelings. That girl OP talked about na most likely Coded Street girl wey dey run package on top the OP head.

As she see say OP don engage her (wedding on the way), she use the few months wey she get as single babe, they "sort" her old boyfriend(s) which is giving them "parting sex" before her marriage. All go be clean runs, no social media chat so that the OP no go suspect. I don straff babe like that 3 days to her wedding. Babe just call me say she wan give me "parting gift" before wedding. Deletes call as soon as she made them to clean up "evidence". Na banging all night before she go wed for PH 3 days later. That's why paternity fraud for Nigeria be like water. Na so plenty men take dey train first children wey nor be dia own.

I just dey laugh the OP. Girl dey run "street" parole on am and e nor wan understand. He should be glad that he has a good "subconscious" telling him that something is wrong.

You for still resist am, banging a lady days to her marriage is no no, toto is over rated or rather sex

You for reject the sex my conscience nor go allow do wetin u do sha

Anyway op must learn d hard way i hate soft boys

6 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Skepticus: 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2021
gregyboy:

You for still resist am, banging a lady days to her marriage is no no, toto is over rated or rather sex

You for reject the sex my conscience nor go allow do wetin u do sha

Anyway op must learn d hard way i hate soft boys

That year, I was still young with hormones running wild. Your girl waka enta my den, I straff am. No joy. I have no regrets about it as the women wanted it and felt no regret about it either. We all moved on. I had friends that did a lot of things "wilder" than me (my mind couldn't carry it) banging women that were pregnant for other men and all. Inside Life.

Those days are long gone and I have my senses intact now. The lesson I learnt is trust women at your own peril, knowing how sexually "useless" they can be. Even, that one you claim that you believe, isn't exempted. The only difference is that she is either not being caught yet or she hasn't seen the "right opportunity" to do it.

19 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Isokoson1: 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2021
Bros leave that girl..she dey Bleep dat guy.. For her not to pick your call because she dey with that guy mean say she love the guy more Dan you... Bcause of that little quarrel way happen, she come say she dey loose the love way she get for you.. Bros e dey her mind to leave you...

I go advice you to let her go... E no go easy.. But try... E better make you allow her go than make you marry her she come dey cheat for the marriage

If you be guy... Any girl dey call you bestie
Thunder fire you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Regex: 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Thanks. Your submission has been concrete without throwing tantrums.
I wonder why many can't give advise here without name calling.

I have decided to let her be with her thoughts. I will get myself engage with something else.

If she is ready, she will call me and I will give her my terms and conditions. Call the guy there and end it. If she agree, good, if not I move.

Thanks again brother

You are one in few who has taken advice here without being emotional about it. I like your resolve and stand, “My terms and condition”.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Lovelyperson(m): 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2021
cry
InfernoNig:
In summary. She's cheating. Just be careful.

You get it

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2021
She initiated the lil break-up with you,so she could go and straff that her side nigga with one mind. grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Lovelyperson(m): 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish
Oga forget. The lady is smart. Is better u give her the space she want and move on with your life. But I will advice u not to jump into another relationship so soon. Give it some time to think it through

8 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Lovelyperson(m): 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

Not one.

What if she knowns u had her WhatsApp on ur phone. And playing along with you?

6 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Lovelyperson(m): 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
Stephenmoka4:
Thing is, you can't just conclude yet. Get your own female friends too, just friends and see her reaction.

An eye for an eye? It don't really end well. What you can't take, don't do it to proof a point. It ain't worth it.

2 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by stillmaticOG(m): 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2021
She has a bestie, i have one too.

It's so difficult letting them go

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by obainojazz(m): 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I need your advise.

Happened to my friend... very serious relationship but his girlfriend had one guy she called just a friend.. She argued it day and night grin
She’s dating the just a friend now... your girlfriend is getting it both ways ... japa now

12 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
oginga:
@ OP. That's a red flag that you should not ignore, she's been bonking the said guy big time.

Dump the public dog as fast as you can before you fall into deep sh**t... Cheats never change, they only improve on covering their tracks.

Forget love bro, think of your peace of mind, your mental health and sanity, your life as an individual person.

You can go on and marry a coded prostitute, which may end up bringing an illegitimate child into your house and life. That's if you don't die before your time... All the best bro! .

see analysis, better red oil dey your head gaaaaaan

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Mrpojj(m): 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2021
Serene123:

I have gone as far as secretly getting access to her WhatsApp. I didn't see any single chat with her and the guy nor another person. But the calls just keep pisisng me off.

I realised I shouldn't have gone that far. I should have just be calmed and let her do her wish

Omo she dey delete chat!!!
Don't be decieve
I get one babe like that wey Sabi delete chat, she go say she dey create memory space for her fone...

13 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by MrNipplesLover(m): 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
Smiles.....

Women. grin

Make una no vex.

If some guy come online say girls are meant to be fvckedd and trashed, e sure me say dem go roast the guy with debunking replies.

You're fvcking engaged/married, you should have nothing to do with another man or woman for balls sake!

One thing all cheating wives [in this case] should have at the back of their breasts is that, OPENING UR PUSSY FOR ANOTHER NIGGA OUTSIDE, YOU ARE SELLING URSELF CHEAP, YOU ARE THRASHING AWAY YOUR DIGNITY.

Na ur dignity ooh, e no concern me. Na u dey in the zoo, na u go experience the wild life (on ur own).

Just know say, once u leave the guy's bedroom after a hard knacking, him go escort u go outside, then make jest of u with his close niggas and those niggas go see u and take u laugh or wanna hit that coochie too. If the guy wants to be nice, him go come share the sexcapade on Beer Parlour Ashawo thread and guys go request for ur number. grin grin

Nonsense.

OP, I understand ur feelings, bro.

God go help u.

Don't breakdown, boss.

I hail u, gee.

9 Likes

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
I need my privacy is a no no for me in a r/shp

If our two can't be one during courtship, we definitely can't be when we get married.

This thread can be of help to you, OP tongue:
https://www.nairaland.com/6364151/man-finds-out-baby-isnt

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
Carry on with her except you are ready to raise another child as your own.

1 Like

Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by naturefellow(m): 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2021
H
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Dididrumz(m): 9:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ok

Serene123:

I need your advise.

Find time for the both of you to meet and talk at length over these issues.

I would really love to know How it went.
Re: I Engaged My Girlfriend, Now I Am Thinking Of Calling Off The Engagement by Candycrushy(f): 9:45pm On Jan 15, 2021
Saying she needs time for this and that...time for what exactly...that's the excuse we give when we start getting tired of someone...it won't be easy to move on, just give a last chance to speak with her, if she doesn't grant it, it's a quit....no stress your life abeg

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

When You Don't Touch Your Girlfriend But Sleep With Other Girls / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Lady Who Rejected Her Ex Boyfriend Mourns After His Death

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.