Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

"Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse (45245 Views)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Charisma01: 11:29pm On Jan 17, 2021
stanliwise:

Read this verses yourself and follow the story behind them. On no ground was anyone condemn or any direct laws for Christians not to drink alcohol.

Not even one.

Meanwhile that is not the bone of contention.

The real deal is that when something is not correlating, let’s iron it out rather than saying Holy Spirit ministered differently.

Suit yourself
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:30pm On Jan 17, 2021
I drink wine (alcoholic)... Make una go kill una selves.

undecided
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by alizma: 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2021
Righteousness2:
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Flee From ALL Appearances of Evil.

Guard your Salvation with all Diligence!

Eternity is a Personal Race.
Nobody will stand together nor even identical twins.
Nobody will stand for you Befor GOD..
Heaven is a Prepared Place for Prepared People..
In all this your right up, can you help me point out a particular sentence if yours that condemned alcoholic?
While I agree that excessive consumption of anything, including alcohol is bad, I am certain that many people will have their hands on judgement day when they will be told, that no one has sent them on the message they spent their entire life preaching
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by stanliwise(m): 11:34pm On Jan 17, 2021
Charisma01:

Suit yourself
you too
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by emmyN(m): 11:36pm On Jan 17, 2021
livingchrist:
Drinking Alcohol is not a sin but drunkenness itself but how do you measure how many glass of alcohol cause drunkenness? The best is avoid drinking.

When the bible talked about drunkenness, it's clear it wasn't talking of a one-off thing but a perpetual state, that is the habit of getting drunk. People that engage in such are mostly referred to as drunkards, and surely not everyone that consumes alcohol is a drunkard.

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Mywd: 11:38pm On Jan 17, 2021
Nuttella:
I still will not drink alcohol.

When the bible says "lead us not into temptation" (Matthew 6:13) it knew that from drinking alcohol, we gradually become drunk and drunkenness is a sin according to my bible(Ephesians 5:18, Galatians 5:21).

God is not an author of confusion. People are just interpreting bible they want it suits them.

You are Right!.... God is not an author of confusion at all... God doesnt have any evil plan for anyone to be raped or beaten by a drunkard!...

Me i nor know wetin reno dey yarn oo
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by lebete3000: 11:44pm On Jan 17, 2021
Gift96:
This uncle is trying to inspire others like himself.
Avoid alcohol there is nothing to gain there except falling inside gutter

Kikikikikiki grin grin grin grin grin

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by tit(f): 11:46pm On Jan 17, 2021
This Reno is a infidel drunker
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by emmyN(m): 11:48pm On Jan 17, 2021
blackmantis:
Drinking alcohol is not a sin..... excessive drinking and drunkenness is a sin.

There are some medicine that are made with alcohol.

But as a Christian it's not mandatory to drink infact if your drinking alcohol can stumble others then it's better you abstain why should you use your freedom as a Christian to stumble another. But anyone saying taking a small amount of alcohol occasionally is a sin is not saying the truth.

The most important question is why should my taking alcohol cause others to stumble in the first place? I'll answer; erroneous teachings that vilifies the intake of alcohol. So the responsible thing to do is to expose the lie for what it is and not goad it to look like the truth.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by JaneYave(f): 12:03am On Jan 18, 2021
stanliwise:

Holy Spirit is not the author of confusions. Also a king cannot be server in two ways.
Stop all this Holy Spirit ministering to people in different ways.
It could be blasphemy indirectly. Holy Spirit is not the cause of confusion among different division of men today.

As stated clearly, Christians were not encourage to drink alcohol for fun nor refreshment yet no verse was against it directly. Warning were one specific case of abuse.
What's blasphemous about Holy Spirit leading people to the truth?
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by oneclickng: 12:11am On Jan 18, 2021
[quote author=Righteousness2 post=98155189]And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Stop deceiving yourself
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by thinkmoney(m): 12:16am On Jan 18, 2021
JaneYave:
Everyone to their own inspiration, as the Holy spirit minister to you This is purely an ethical issue.
Its not as the holy spirit ministers it's as the Bible ministers. The Bible doesn't have different messages for different people
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Nobody: 12:19am On Jan 18, 2021
well telling the average nigerian who is very religious that alchohol is a sin would be ideal than telling him that excess consumption is detrimental to his health cos he would fear hell fire more than damaging his kidneys or liver or afflicting himself with ill health from excess consumption.Just imagine religious leaders in nigeria announced that alcohol consumption is no longer a sin that means many nigerians will now make beer palour their second home grin
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by bixton(m): 12:27am On Jan 18, 2021
Prov.20.1 - Wine is a mocker, Strong drink is a brawler, And whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

Eph.5.18 - And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit.
The bolded above is an old form of English usage. It means do not give in. Literally put do not even taste, do not start the process of drinking.

Prov.4.7 - Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.

1Tim.5.23 - No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach's sake and your frequent infirmities.

The same man who said the above also said that which is below. Sometimes you need to apply wisdom. The Word of God does not and cannot contradict itself.

1Cor.10.23 - All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.

Now whether you agree it's a sin or not......what you should ask yourself is what do you derive from drinking it

John.2.10 - And he said to him, "Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!"

How well do we understand this statement above by the master of the feast?

So you fellas really think Jesus gave them ogogoro because the burukutu they were drinking got finished!!!!!

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by WelcomeToBiafra: 12:43am On Jan 18, 2021
Hongkog:

What has drinking alcohol has to do with what you just typed?

That's how the zoo citizens reasoning.

Niggerians are hypocrites, using religion to covering up their wicked minds.

If you call for freedom, Niggerians will interpret it to be war.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by mediaX(m): 12:46am On Jan 18, 2021
At the last supper, wine was used, the apostles drank. At the wedding feast at Canaan wine also was used, the guests drank. As a matter of fact, born from proven historical Jewish study, wine formed an integral part of merriment in ancient Jewish culture, a culture the messiah was king of. And those who argue that wine doesn't in all cases mean 'alcoholic wine' are ignorant. Cause wine in itself, and the reason it is called wine in the first instance is because of fermentation. If fermentation didn't take place it is not wine. And it is fallacy 'petitio principii' to say wine is destructive simply because it is alcoholic. Jesus and his Jewish heritage drank wine for cultural reasons, as it formed a huge part of their culture at the time.

Let me digress a bit, so many things can impair judgment, not only alcohol. Prolonged hunger and self denial of food by itself could impair consciouness and any sane human's judgement yet fasting is never termed sin in christian scripture. Gluttony also is sin when you look at it, as detailed by christian scripture, but not the food in itself, rather the inordinate attachment to food and the greed that fuels such attachment.
Man can get attached to anything, when the usage is abused. And any inordinate attachment is a violation of the freedom of the will, that is what makes it sin. You no longer hold direct control over your decisions. The same way most people are addicted to hustling for money that they neglect time for their children and family: that is sin.

Again, have you wondered why there are different doses for children, adults and pregnant women on medical prescriptions? That goes to tell you that equal measurements do not impact equally in people's bodies. There are no one-size-fit-all definition of tolerance, as tolerance levels differ from individual to individual. 5 pints might make Enoch drunk, but it would require 8 to make Chris and David drunk. So technically Enoch gets the refreshment and no loss of consciouness so long he doesn't go beyond his body limit. And if Enoch does that twice in a month that's beautiful. Self mastery is a skill to be learned, and can be learned, but the underlying virtue is self discipline.

The medication you get at hospitals, contain signicant bits of alcohol, and in some painkillers and relaxants you'll find 'clinical marijuana'. Tramadol is a pain killer, many pastors take them after their vigorous all night deliverance service, but in prescribed medical dosage I suppose. Codeine which is a potent syrup for cough can utterly cause one to discombobulate when overdosed on it. So you can see two sides of a coin.

The biblical scripture says ' if your hand (wine) shall cause you to sin, cut it off'. Now "if" is a conditional statement, meaning it may cause some to sin (drunkenness) and may not cause some to sin. I am not you, you are not me. The fact that apostle Paul cut off the soldiers ear doesn't mean every man would have done same. The fact that peter denied Jesus 3 times doesn't mean every man would have done same. The fact that David slept with another man's wife doesn't mean every man would have done same. The fact say smell of drink dey high you, nor mean say e dey high me, as a matter of fact I reflect better and have more constructive thoughts after a bottle or two. I am not you, you are not me. Your weaknesses are not my weaknesses. As a matter of reality, your weaknesses may be my strength.

For those living in Lagos, you insult people almost everyday in buses, traffic, when driving and when outsmarted. So technically, the intense Lagos life causes you to sin, so kindly leave Lagos please!

For those living in Nigeria, the fraud government causes you to call your leaders bastards. This is sin, and a continual sin because Nigeria's situation would continue to make you call them bastards, so kindly leave Nigeria please!

This thread is funny, just like saying don't burn bushes because fire kills people. Well I have been burning bushes for more than 40 years. No one has died. So would you say I committed murder?

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by kushe: 12:51am On Jan 18, 2021
joshmee4real:
Does your Pastor Drink?

Did Jesus drink ?
How could one who doesn't drink be called a drunkard ?
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by kushe: 12:55am On Jan 18, 2021
bixton:
Prov.20.1 - Wine is a mocker, Strong drink is a brawler, And whoever is led astray by it is not wise.

Eph.5.18 - And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit.
The bolded above is an old form of English usage. It means do not give in. Literally put do not even taste, do not start the process of drinking.

Prov.4.7 - Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.

1Tim.5.23 - No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach's sake and your frequent infirmities.

The same man who said the above also said that which is below. Sometimes you need to apply wisdom. The Word of God does not and cannot contradict itself.

1Cor.10.23 - All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.

Now whether you agree it's a sin or not......what you should ask yourself is what do you derive from drinking it

John.2.10 - And he said to him, "Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the guests have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!"

How well do we understand this statement above by the master of the feast?

So you fellas really think Jesus gave them ogogoro because the burukutu they were drinking got finished!!!!!

Pls what did Jesus serve them ?
Chivita or Five Alive like someone alluded earlier.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by kushe: 1:05am On Jan 18, 2021
Heaven will shock a lot of Christians.
The devil has a lot of Christians bound in religious rituals and beliefs that do not tally with the bible.
Excess is what should be our watchword.
Some pastors talk carelessly even on the pulpit despite James cautioning about the wrong use of the tongue.These same careless tongued preachers will fierely warn you against the so called green bottle.
The bible is awash with stories about vineyards which today will be called craft breweries and not a coca cola plant.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by kushe: 1:11am On Jan 18, 2021
mediaX:
At the last supper, wine was used, the apostles drank. At the wedding feast at Canaan wine also was used, the guests drank. As a matter of fact, born from proven historical Jewish study, wine formed an integral part of merriment in ancient Jewish culture, a culture the messiah was king of. And those who argue that wine doesn't in all cases mean 'alcoholic wine' are ignorant. Cause wine in itself, and the reason it is called wine in the first instance is because of fermentation. If fermentation didn't take place it is not wine. And it is fallacy 'petitio principii' to say wine is destructive simply because it is alcoholic. Jesus and his Jewish heritage drank wine for cultural reasons, as it formed a huge part of their culture at the time.

Let me digress a bit, so many things can impair judgment, not only alcohol. Prolonged hunger and self denial of food by itself could impair consciouness and any sane human's judgement yet fasting is never termed sin in christian scripture. Gluttony also is sin when you look at it, as detailed by christian scripture, but not the food in itself, rather the inordinate attachment to food and the greed that fuels such attachment.
Man can get attached to anything, when the usage is abused. And any inordinate attachment is a violation of the freedom of the will, that is what makes it sin. You no longer hold direct control over your decisions. The same way most people are addicted to hustling for money that they neglect time for their children and family: that is sin.

Again, have you wondered why there are different doses for children, adults and pregnant women on medical prescriptions? That goes to tell you that equal measurements do not impact equally in people's bodies. There are no one-size-fit-all definition of tolerance, as tolerance levels differ from individual to individual. 5 pints might make Enoch drunk, but it would require 8 to make Chris and David drunk. So technically Enoch gets the refreshment and no loss of consciouness so long he doesn't go beyond his body limit. And if Enoch does that twice in a month that's beautiful. Self mastery is a skill to be learned, and can be learned, but the underlying virtue is self discipline.

The medication you get at hospitals, contain signicant bits of alcohol, and in some painkillers and relaxants you'll find 'clinical marijuana'. Tramadol is a pain killer, many pastors take them after their vigorous all night deliverance service, but in prescribed medical dosage I suppose. Codeine which is a potent syrup for cough can utterly cause one to discobombulate when overdosed on it. So you can see two sides of a coin.

The biblical scripture says ' if your hand (wine) shall cause you to sin, cut it off'. Now "if" is a conditional statement, meaning it may cause some to sin (drunkeness) and may not cause some to sin. I am not you, you are not me. The fact that apostle Paul cut off the soldiers ear doesn't mean every man would have done same. The fact that peter denied Jesus 3 times doesn't mean every man would have done same. The fact that David slept with another man's wife doesn't mean every man would have done same. The fact say smell of drink dey high you, nor mean say e dey high me, as a matter of fact I reflect better and have more constructive thoughts after a bottle or two. I am not you, you are not me. Your weakness are not my weaknesses. As a matter of reality, your weaknesses may be my strength.

For those living in Lagos, you insult people almost everyday in buses, traffic, when driving and when outsmarted. So technically, the intense Lagos life causes you to sin, so kindly leave Lagos please!

For those living in Nigeria, the fraud government causes you to call your leaders bastards. This is sin, and a continual sin because Nigeria situation would continue to make you call them bastards, so kindly leave Nigeria please!

This thread is funny, just like saying don't burn bushes because fire kills people. Well I have been burning bushes for more than 40 years. No one has died. So would you say I committed murder?

Fantastic write up.
We need to think and not just swallow everything hook line and sinker.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Em5(m): 1:20am On Jan 18, 2021
Righteousness2:
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Did I not say it that this guy does not understand the Bible. I hope not too many people take him seriously. Also read Deut 14:26 that’s if you have time to read bible because you sound like the Daddy G.Os puppets.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Nobody: 1:31am On Jan 18, 2021
I have a question. Has Reno hired you people to be posting his irrelevant opinions? His work was as messenger under GEJ now his voice is louder than anybody’s because of the money he stole as a messenger. Una too dey elevate stupid dishonest people.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Hermes119: 3:06am On Jan 18, 2021
joinpreneur:
The bible emphasises on wine. It says it's good.

Medically, alcohol does more harm to the body than good. You know what that means? It's simply not advisable. So if Bible says wine is good for the health, then definitely it's not the alcoholic.

Ultimately, My Brother Reno missed the target.

This is the second time I am seeing this kind of comment
Please educate yourselves WINE IS ALCOHOL

What makes a drink an alcohol is not that it comes in a green bottle,there is a chemical reaction that takes place in the brewing or otherwise preparation of the wine or whatever drink it is. Conversion of SUGAR to ALCOHOL .This process is called fermentation. Any drink where this process occurs is an ALCOHOL and it surely occurs in every thing called wine. However the alcohol level in different alcoholic wines differ. You might even be shocked to discover that wine has a higher alcoholic content than some beers

EDUCATE YOURSELVES !!
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by mrkings84(m): 3:20am On Jan 18, 2021
Hongkog:

What has drinking alcohol has to do with what you just typed?

It has everything to do with it.
Drinking is not a sin but getting drunk
So how will you know you are about to get drunk?
If you are heaven minded you won't drink at all to avoid becoming drunk....
Hence you have to guard your salvation as the bro said!
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by scdyxgg: 3:51am On Jan 18, 2021
WTF
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by livingchrist: 4:05am On Jan 18, 2021
kushe:
The bible teaches against excess.
Excessive words,excessive idleness, excessive drinking and revelry in general.
The bible doesn't condemn the intake of alcohol as even Jesus was accused of being a drunkard.
We are saved by grace through faith and not this false religious piety that is totally unscriptural.
However because it demands a lot of self denial people actually feel righteous doing those things.
True! Drinking alcohol is not wrong but the addiction to it or the abuse of it.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by nini007(m): 4:24am On Jan 18, 2021
Righteousness2:

What has this got to do with the topic?
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by comrChris(m): 4:27am On Jan 18, 2021
Many read the bible but only few understand it
Many people are trying to force the bible say what it did not say just to please themselves.
The bible is a progressive revelation, the measure of your relevance in the kingdom of God is your ability to grow beyond "THOU SHALL" to "YOU SHALL"
Stop applying logic in serving God, you will just be making mockery of yourself.
Alcohol is bad and it's a sin, it hinders you from serving God effectively
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Bikonze(m): 4:32am On Jan 18, 2021
efficiencie:
Smoking igbo is also not sin...abi? No portion of the bible says smoking igbo, taking heroin or sniffing crack is a sin. In fact no where in the bible was child abuse explicitly mentioned as a sin...sin does not stop at the "thou shalt nots" in the bible, what ever is not of faith is sin!
For all have sinned and come short,..
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by comrChris(m): 4:33am On Jan 18, 2021
Many read the bible but only few understand it
Many people are trying to force the bible say what it did not say just to please themselves.
The bible is a progressive revelation, the measure of your relevance in the kingdom of God is your ability to grow beyond "THOU SHALL" to "YOU SHALL"
Stop applying logic in serving God, you will just be making mockery of yourself.
Alcohol is bad and it's a sin, it hinders you from serving God effectively.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Sotland: 4:52am On Jan 18, 2021
Cantonese:
Reno Omokri should read Proverbs 20:1; Isaiah 5: 11; Isaiah 5:22; Leviticus 10:9; Judges 13:4; Proverbs 23:31.

These people should not pick bible verses without insight just to serve their self centered purposes.

I think you're naive of those verses. There are condition given as to why it should not be taken. The bible never said it is bad or a sin.. You pick those verse for self purpose(counter reno) but still it does not validate that Reno was wrong
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by sonofthunder: 5:04am On Jan 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If drinking wine/alcohol is not a sin but drunkenness (as a result of drinking wine/alcohol) is a sin as you say, why drink wine at all?

To tempt yourself to see if it would lead you to drunkenness which you call sin?

It might not be a sin but it's obvious that it makes people to be more vulnerable to sin, not just drunkenness but fornication and the likes.

So drinking wine/alcohol is not wise. If you could avoid it, please do, because you could become addicted to it, and when that happens it would be difficult to stop.

God bless.

It's ironic you speak about my logic sounding dumb yet you go on to compare drunkenness with gluttony.

Do you have any idea of how people many people got raped, murdered, sexually abused, molested etc., because of drunkenness?

Maybe you should tell me how many of such atrocities have been perpetrated because of gluttony?

That's why drinking alcohol is not wise even though not a sin, but that's not stopping you or anyone else from drinking if you still want to. It's just an advice. Advice no be curse.

God bless.

If we keep cutting off our hands and legs to conquer sin, some of us will soon be left with no body parts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

T.B Joshua Heals Crippled Man At Mexican Crusade (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo: A Lady From Switzerland Offered To Pay Me To Pray For Her / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On Spiritual Wife Or Husband: There Is Nothing Like That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.