Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

"Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse (45290 Views)

Alcohol Is Medicinal - Rev Fr Oluoma / The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by gaskiyamagana: 5:32am On Jan 18, 2021
Hongkog:

What has drinking alcohol has to do with what you just typed?
Na today you know this yeye persin?
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by gaskiyamagana: 5:40am On Jan 18, 2021
Na today I now see the reason why dis palm wine, Ogogoro, seamansenap, beer DRINKER dey always attack our dear, amiable, lovely president Muhammad Buhari..
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by gaskiyamagana: 5:48am On Jan 18, 2021
Jones4190:
Give strong drink [as medicine] to him who is ready to pass away, And wine to him whose life is bitter. Let him drink and forget his poverty And no longer remember his trouble.
Proverbs 31:6‭-‬7 AMP
THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY SAYING THAT BIBLE CONTRADICT ITSELF, THEREBY BECOME A CONFUSING BOOK, CHRISTIANITY A CONFUSING RELIGION
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Coolgasman(m): 6:09am On Jan 18, 2021
gaskiyamagana:

THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY SAYING THAT BIBLE CONTRADICT ITSELF, THEREBY BECOME A CONFUSING BOOK, CHRISTIANITY A CONFUSING RELIGION
Drinking alcohol has never been a sin. There's no confusion. It's just people and pastors who in their own morality chose to preach that alcohol is a sin. They never had a passage to back it up. That's why from genesis, Catholics never condemn drinking only drunkenness
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by ipswitch: 6:11am On Jan 18, 2021
The prob with alcohol is I dont know when I get drunk and become a sinner
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:12am On Jan 18, 2021
sonofthunder:

If we keep cutting off our hands and legs to conquer sin, some of us will soon be left with no body parts.
We might need to do that to save our souls from destruction.

Matthew 18:8-9 (KJV)

Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by luluosas(m): 6:26am On Jan 18, 2021
Why won't ogogoro drunkard support his own? Fake pastor leading his followers to hell fire
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by joinpreneur(m): 6:26am On Jan 18, 2021
Hermes119:

This is the second time I am seeing this kind of comment
Please educate yourselves WINE IS ALCOHOL

What makes a drink an alcohol is not that it comes in a green bottle,there is a chemical reaction that takes place in the brewing or otherwise preparation of the wine or whatever drink it is. Conversion of SUGAR to ALCOHOL .This process is called fermentation. Any drink where this process occurs is an ALCOHOL and it surely occurs in every thing called wine. However the alcohol level in different alcoholic wines differ. You might even be shocked to discover that wine has a higher alcoholic content than some beers

EDUCATE YOURSELVES !!

You too should educate yourself. IT IS NOT EVERY WINE THAT'S ALCOHOLIC.

What heals the body, is it the alcohol content or the juice extracted.

I repeat, Alcohol does more harm to the body than Good. There are wines Nonalcoholic. EDUCATE YOURSELF YOU NEED IT MORE, my brother man.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by rexesq(m): 6:38am On Jan 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If drinking wine/alcohol is not a sin but drunkenness (as a result of drinking wine/alcohol) is a sin as you say, why drink wine at all?

To tempt yourself to see if it would lead you to drunkenness which you call sin?

It might not be a sin but it's obvious that it makes people to be more vulnerable to sin, not just drunkenness but fornication and the likes.

So drinking wine/alcohol is not wise. If you could avoid it, please do, because you could become addicted to it, and when that happens it would be difficult to stop.

God bless.

It's ironic you speak about my logic sounding dumb yet you go on to compare drunkenness with gluttony.

Do you have any idea of how people many people got raped, murdered, sexually abused, molested etc., because of drunkenness?

Maybe you should tell me how many of such atrocities have been perpetrated because of gluttony?

That's why drinking alcohol is not wise even though not a sin, but that's not stopping you or anyone else from drinking if you still want to. It's just an advice. Advice no be curse.

God bless.

Having sex when not married is a sin, having it outside your marriage is a sin. To avoid it, stop associating with the opposite sex. Avoid them in church, market, offices, schools etc. That is wise
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by desthan(m): 6:39am On Jan 18, 2021
Hongkog:
The only thing wrong about alcohol is when you take it in excess. It makes you do things that you wouldn't do ordinarily.

Imagine beating your wife and children because you are drunk, or raping some random lady you see.

You are wrong there! People don't beat their wife and children or rape any one because they are drunk? Not at all. There are always very lucid when they commit this atrocities. They may hide under "I was drunk" but it is in their character .

Do you know who a drunkard is? When you are drunk you do not have a single stamina. A child can even push you down, that is if you are not in the gutter already shitting on your self.

No drunkard has the strength to beat anyone let alone rape someone.

People beat their spouse and rape because it is in their nature. Period.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by zoedew: 6:41am On Jan 18, 2021
By their fruit you shall know them. His rump is out in the open.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by zoedew: 6:50am On Jan 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If drinking wine/alcohol is not a sin but drunkenness (as a result of drinking wine/alcohol) is a sin as you say, why drink wine at all?

To tempt yourself to see if it would lead you to drunkenness which you call sin?

It might not be a sin but it's obvious that it makes people to be more vulnerable to sin, not just drunkenness but fornication and the likes.

So drinking wine/alcohol is not wise. If you could avoid it, please do, because you could become addicted to it, and when that happens it would be difficult to stop.

God bless.

It's ironic you speak about my logic sounding dumb yet you go on to compare drunkenness with gluttony.

Do you have any idea of how people many people got raped, murdered, sexually abused, molested etc., because of drunkenness?

Maybe you should tell me how many of such atrocities have been perpetrated because of gluttony?

That's why drinking alcohol is not wise even though not a sin, but that's not stopping you or anyone else from drinking if you still want to. It's just an advice. Advice no be curse.

God bless.

The logic behind comparing eating and gluttony with “responsible” drinking is misplaced and dishonest and lacks a basis in the factual. While it is the case that drinking alcohol has the tendency to lead to alcoholism it is not so with eating and gluttony. The percentage of folks who are drunks because they started drinking alcohol far outweighs that of folks who are gluttons because they eat!

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by joshmee4real(m): 6:54am On Jan 18, 2021
kushe:

Did Jesus drink ?
How could one who doesn't drink be called a drunkard ?
Good. So follow in the ways of Jesus. Thats the origin of the word CHRISTIAN (Christ Like)
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by sonofthunder: 7:02am On Jan 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
We might need to do that to save our souls from destruction.

Matthew 18:8-9 (KJV)

Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Is it not easier to control one's drinking/eating than for them to rip out their guts? Cutting off is not the only remedy, it is how far we should be willing to go/sacrifice to get things right. Personally I don't drink and have never encouraged others to do so, but I feel it is one of several 'extremist' doctrines we have in the church today that need to be corrected.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by sonofthunder: 7:06am On Jan 18, 2021
zoedew:

The logic behind comparing eating and gluttony with “responsible” drinking is misplaced and dishonest and lacks a basis in the factual. While it is the case that drinking alcohol has the tendency to lead to alcoholism it is not so with eating and gluttony. The percentage of folks who are drunks because they started drinking alcohol far outweighs that of folks who are gluttons because they eat!

To me, it will appear rhat you are ignorant of two very important things. First is the long term effect of gluttony on those who practice it, and certain negative character traits that are common to such people. I don't think you know enough to appreciate the position you are attempting to counter.

Modified
Besides the above point, you also insinuate that one can fall for a lesser sin (gluttony) if they are free of a bigger sin (drinking/drunkenness)
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by maxzzo1(m): 7:26am On Jan 18, 2021
If not long throat why will u get drunk
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Hermes119: 7:29am On Jan 18, 2021
joinpreneur:

You too should educate yourself. IT IS NOT EVERY WINE THAT'S ALCOHOLIC.

What heals the body, is it the alcohol content or the juice extracted.

I repeat, Alcohol does more harm to the body than Good. There are wines Nonalcoholic. EDUCATE YOURSELF YOU NEED IT MORE, my brother man.
You know the funny thing you can say what you want,you can hold any position u want it doesn't change anything.

[img]

I'm having a hard time uploading a picture to prove my point,believe whatever u like,like I said it doesn't change anything. The people who coined and use the word wine stated and agree on what it means if you think otherwise and maybe decide to say that wine is a vegetable that is your opinion and you are entitled to it no one cares
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by eagleonearth(m): 7:32am On Jan 18, 2021
Charisma01:

Note the last line of Leviticus 10:9
I put the NIV version so u understand it clearly.

NIV:“You and your sons are not to drink wine or other fermented drink whenever you go into the tent of meeting, or you will die. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come
There are a couple of verses in the Bible where men approvingly drank wine. Those verses mentioned up there dwelt on the sanctification process of priesthood and Nazarene in the old testament order. I still tell you that some holy communion wine are strong alcohol. Reason Christians do away with alcohol is that the discipline is not in most men to draw the line between moderation and excessiveness hence abusing the beverage and ending up messing around. Having the holy spirit in one is enough highness already. But a man who drinks in moderation is not condemned to hell already. Only that that man should maintain discipline to avoid erring
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by chinose(m): 7:34am On Jan 18, 2021
All it is always good to respond to topics but we should research very well before doing so.
is their any bible verse that stated we should not drink Alcohol?, there is none rather there are so many on the effects or consequences of taking alcohol.
As Christians we should not add or remove, if taking a sip of alcohol makes you drunk or tipsy it means do not drink it.
How ever if you are in control of your self after taking it , then no your limit, however if your spirit condemns it totally it means the Holy spirit does not want you to drink alcohol in any form. lets look unto the holy spirit for direction.

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by irving2: 7:40am On Jan 18, 2021
Righteousness2:
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Flee From ALL Appearances of Evil.

Guard your Salvation with all Diligence!

Eternity is a Personal Race.
Nobody will stand together nor even identical twins.
Nobody will stand for you Befor GOD..
Heaven is a Prepared Place for Prepared People..
God loves us to dearly to let us burn in hell
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Dijita: 7:50am On Jan 18, 2021
Jones4190:
Give strong drink [as medicine] to him who is ready to pass away, And wine to him whose life is bitter. Let him drink and forget his poverty And no longer remember his trouble.
Proverbs 31:6‭-‬7 AMP

You ought to quote the full context to avoid misinterpretation

4It is not for kings, O Lemuel,
It is not for kings to drink wine,
Or for rulers to desire strong drink,
5Otherwise they drink and forget the law and its decrees,
And pervert the rights and justice of all the afflicted.

6Give strong drink [as medicine] to him who is ready to pass away,
And wine to him whose life is bitter.
7Let him drink and forget his poverty
And no longer remember his trouble.
8Open your mouth for the mute,
For the rights of all who are unfortunate and defenseless;
9Open your mouth, judge righteously,
And administer justice for the afflicted and needy.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by freshboi88: 7:51am On Jan 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

God bless.

Sorry but u just sounded dumb. So pple shouldn't drink wine because of the fear of getting addicted to it and getting drunk.

Can't pple get addicted to food too?.......And eat to much?.....

Would u now say pple shouldn't eat because of the fear of not getting addicted to eating?.....

Or saying don't make friends with girls because u might now be tempted to fornicate with them.....How do u pple think.

Dumb reasoning
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Benbellamor: 8:00am On Jan 18, 2021
HolinessForever:

Wisdom is too High for a Fool
You are simply saying that Apostle Paul that recommend alcohol for Apostle Timothy is a fool, Abi
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by akan102: 8:17am On Jan 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The bolded is why it's not wise to take alcohol at all if drunkenness could lead one to commit such atrocities, but of course that wise advice could could be dumb to some!

God bless.

If I get you clearly, you are like saying we should not board a plane, vehicle, ride on motorcycle etc because these are some very fast ways of getting involved in accident, if we start thinking like this how will our world look like, the clear thing to do is to know our limit, to be disciplined and not to try to cover our weaknesses with unfounded laws, remember it is said we SHOULD NOT ADD OR REMOVE, our logic can not take God's place, let's be humans and God be God in every thing.

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by morinto: 8:21am On Jan 18, 2021
Righteousness2:
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Flee From ALL Appearances of Evil.

Guard your Salvation with all Diligence!

Eternity is a Personal Race.
Nobody will stand together nor even identical twins.
Nobody will stand for you Befor GOD..
Heaven is a Prepared Place for Prepared People..
Alcohol is not a sin. Except some one is drunken in it . even Jesus Christ turn water to wine in marriage. We should stop when the bible stop and speak when the bible speak. You can advise Christian about the danger of taking little alcohol that it can lead to a habit but saying is a sin is wrong because if alcohol is a sin meaning Jesus committed sin when he turn water to wine
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Primase: 8:26am On Jan 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

God bless.

Since you as a human being is not infallible and liable to committing sin, what are you waiting for? Kill yourself so that you can't sin again.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Kelvinbako(m): 8:30am On Jan 18, 2021
this man talks too much.........has he gone to heaven before... grin
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by Olynkem: 8:31am On Jan 18, 2021
Gluttony is a sin! But do we say cos gluttony is a sin and stop eating?

1 Like

Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by kushe: 8:31am On Jan 18, 2021
comrChris:
Many read the bible but only few understand it
Many people are trying to force the bible say what it did not say just to please themselves.
The bible is a progressive revelation, the measure of your relevance in the kingdom of God is your ability to grow beyond "THOU SHALL" to "YOU SHALL"
Stop applying logic in serving God, you will just be making mockery of yourself.
Alcohol is bad and it's a sin, it hinders you from serving God effectively

If Jesus was here today,some of you would have criticized the saviour just like the Jews did.
We are Christians because Jesus bridged the gap between God and us and not because you don't drink or wear wigs.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by joinpreneur(m): 8:33am On Jan 18, 2021
Hermes119:

You know the funny thing you can say what you want,you can hold any position u want it doesn't change anything.

[img]

I'm having a hard time uploading a picture to prove my point,believe whatever u like,like I said it doesn't change anything. The people who coined and use the word wine stated and agree on what it means if you think otherwise and maybe decide to say that wine is a vegetable that is your opinion and you are entitled to it no one cares

Everyone's entitled to his opinion(s). There's no resentment or fight. We're cool.

The major point is alcohol does more harm to the body than good. So if wine heals, definitely it's not because of alcohol. Alcohol is not a better option for good health.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by bixton(m): 8:41am On Jan 18, 2021
[quote author=kushe post=98171848][/quote]

I am sure if it was chivita or five alive it would have been on record.

That which Jesus gave them lies in the taste of that which is being drunk.
Re: "Drinking Alcohol Is Not A Sin" - Omokri Quotes Bible Verse by kushe: 8:41am On Jan 18, 2021
joshmee4real:

Good. So follow in the ways of Jesus. Thats the origin of the word CHRISTIAN (Christ Like)

Oga Luke 7:34 is very clear.
Our saviour hung out with sinners at a tavern probably and was called out by the Pharisees of the day.
He made all things and without him was anything made that was made.
The creator visited earth and drank of its produce only to be criticized by his creation.
Christianity has deviated from the bible to just what the Pharisees we're about,rules and regulations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him / Daddy Freeze Shares Mobile Bank App For Tithes And Offerings For Churches / Signs Of The End Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.