Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband (57841 Views)

A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife / Man Did This On Finding Out He's Not The Biological Father Of His Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by toluwalekey(m): 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Smh atheists and liberalised would do anything to attack Christian faith

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way

where was it in the Bible that we must do white wedding or church wedding..... last time I checked, the Bible only talked about the bride price

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BabaIbo: 12:19pm On Jan 22, 2021
Same reason I dumped a lady I dated sometimes ago.

We are from the same town but different villages.

She told me it is a tradition in their family not to move to a man's house until after church wedding, even if the traditional one has been done.

I told her but I saw your cousin with a protruded belly(pregnancy) on her wedding day, na air fill am, she said that is their(i.e the cousin's family) own way. I was like aren't you guys the same family.
Later on, I noticed reality has hit her and she wouldn't mind doing just trad and a low key white but then man don move on.

I am glad I dumped her ass anyways.

Note: Reason why I am glad is because she once cheated during her NYSC program with a male bestie(fellow corper) simply because she was heartbroken and that one was consoling her, na so the guy shift her part.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Toks2008(m): 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:
Good day cuties and gentlemen of NL

Lemme just go straight to the point

I attended a friend's traditional wedding last year December and after all the stress and struggles to settle the bride price, the father of the lady forbade she stays with the husband until after their church/white wedding which is two months from now

So guys, is he right to say that?
What is your opinion?

Madness.

The man is cursed with a slavish mentality.

Is white or church wedding even in the bible? Is it in our tradition?

Iranu.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by kolaaderin: 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2021
Saao:
The father is helping the groom and the bride to have a clean marriage without sex. Let him hold body small
see you, sex way done happen since the first week they meet and still happening as we talk now. The young couple is only trying to stay out of trouble as the pregnancy will be obvious in 2 months. Africans are found of preaching what they can not practice, 95% of those church goers are not virgin before they got married. Even the white that brought us this religion are smashing hard from age 10.
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by PussyKing(m): 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2021
mezico96:

YES

He has no right to hold his daughter.

Once the pride price has been paid you are legally married

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2021
toluwalekey:

where was it in the Bible that we must do white wedding or church wedding..... last time I checked, the Bible only talked about the bride price

It's you that said white wedding or elevated an occasion as church wedding. Honouring the Lord has always being conditional
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Simple. Answer the question where did Joseph and Mary Wed?

Oga, you can go and marry inside the bush but if ANY ONE WANTS TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER AND IS READY TO BE A RESPONSIBLE HUSBAND+FATHER (not a tout), you MUST ...I repeat "MUST" follow our practices. (Debate or no debate)
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
BadBradley:
you made no attempt to answer the question I asked but hurried try to emotionally blackmail me and felt entitled to ask your own questions and demand answers.

you're asking to be humbled with credible answers yet accusing me of guilt tripping.

That my friend is one of the disasters you Africans have as Christians; permanently oscillating between science and stupidity and superstition then back to stupidity.

That shows you're not just a slimy human but a very disgusting person and a cheap chest, never mind a demented confused Christian.

I asked you a simple question: where in your Bible did you see any prophet, or desciple conduct any marriage or where any marriage was done in church?

Instead of you to answer, you accused me of guilt tripping, then pose another question to me asking me to show you were my "libertine" ideology has benefited me.

You, my friend, your life and evident brain corrosion and psychological deficiency are all the proof that Africans didn't weather the storm of Christianity very well.

You're a lost soul and sheep irredeemably floating in a delusional salvation!

Orue!!!

Nice try trying to string a few seemingly intelligent words to appear to have the superior judgement

You emotionally guilt tripped me and I pointed it out. What did I get. Insults

You even stereotyped me and cursed me in your comment. I'm sure you're the intelligent one

You'll be fine.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 12:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
mosesdejaviano:

I told you no alcoholic drink or kolanut or diabolic item was collected.

A traditional marriage done by a deep rooted Christian family. The prayers are offered to God.

I want you to know that prayers offered during the traditional marriage is based on the spiritual convictions of the parents of the bride and groom.

But if the parents are believers and deep Christians. Holy spirit is the organizer and controller of the traditional marriage.

This setting you narrated is a gathering to the Lord and is even the pure Christian marriage you're the one juxtaposing things wrongly.

Traditional marriages aren't done this way. Ask around.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
galek:

Oga, you can go and marry inside the bush but if ANY ONE WANTS TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER AND IS READY TO BE A RESPONSIBLE HUSBAND+FATHER (not a tout), you MUST ...I repeat "MUST" follow our practices. (Debate or no debate)

Hahahahahahahahaha I love you with the love of God

Same for me. Anyone wants to marry my daughter it has to be through the due process. Nothing less.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by freemi(m): 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
Saao:
The father is helping the groom and the bride to have a clean marriage without sex. Let him hold body small
my dear der have beem fvcking since
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
BabaIbo:
Same reason I dumped a lady I dated sometimes ago.

We are from the same town but different villages.

She told me it is a tradition in their family not to move to a man's house until after church wedding, even if the traditional one has been done.

I told her but I saw your cousin with a protruded belly(pregnancy) on her wedding day, na air fill am, she said that is their(i.e the cousin's family) own way. I was like aren't you guys the same family.
Later on, I noticed reality has hit her and she wouldn't mind doing just trad and a low key white but then man don move on.

I am glad I dumped her ass anyways.

Note: Reason why I am glad is because she once cheated during her NYSC program with a male bestie(fellow corper) simply because she was heartbroken and that one was consoling her, na so the guy shift her part.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT MATURE AND PREPARED FOR MARRIAGE (except to have SEX)
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Verysmart101: 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2021
Saao:
Who told u sex b4 marriage guarantees clean marriage? Wat if the girl is sleeping outside or the guy is their union still gonna be clean? Wat if there is an ancestral or spiritu al problem bothering any of them is their union gonna be clean? My friend stop being a hypocrate mr man.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by FashionCookie(f): 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2021
Softboy001:
What are you guys even saying self. The marriage has already been done. Bride price has already been paid and as far as anyone is concern she is already his wife.

White wedding is only the traditional marriage of the white man.

Wetin dey do Africans self. Who do una like this?

Hypocrisy is what will kill Africans and Nigerians...
If they were in the guy's shoes them for don go the girl papa compound go scatter everywhere.
Una want copy white man but una no want live like am.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Hahahahahahahahaha I love you with the love of God

Same for me. Anyone wants to marry my daughter it has to be through the due process. Nothing less.

God Forbid, I should hand my daughter over to a TOUT or HATER OF GOD or the THINGS of GOD

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BadBradley: 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

Nice try trying to string a few seemingly intelligent words to appear to have the superior judgement

You emotionally guilt tripped me and I pointed it out. What did I get. Insults

You even stereotyped me and cursed me in your comment. I'm sure you're the intelligent one

You'll be fine.
Oga where in your Bible did the desciples conduct marriage or even Jesus himself? They raised the dead, walked on water and went to heaven in the flesh.... but they never conducted marriages.

All marriages took place in the family unit in the Bible.

You're a slave. Empty and contented slave.

Even as poor and cursed as Africans are,you still happen to double as an embarrassment and disgrace to Africa.

1 Like

Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
FashionCookie:

Hypocrisy is what will kill Africans and Nigerians...
If they were in the guy's shoes them for don go the girl papa compound go scatter everywhere.
Una want copy white man but una no want live like am.

MAY SUCH BE DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTER....
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 12:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
galek:

God Forbid, I should hand my daughter over to a TOUT or HATER OF GOD or the THINGS of GOD

All the ladies I wanted ten years back about men that exhibited this train many are exhibiting here are almost all dead as we speak before even 40. The ones alive are in miserable marriages and in deep regret and in pain

We must scrutinise the men that come to ask our loved ones for marriage. Not a lover of God, bounce.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
BadBradley:
Oga where in your Bible did the desciples conducted marriage or even Jesus himself?

All marriages took place in the family unit in the Bible.

You're a slave. Empty and contented slave.

Even as poor and cursed as Africans are,you still happen to double as an embarrassment and disgrace to Africa.

You've cursed me na. Oya curse me more
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by FashionCookie(f): 12:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
galek:

MAY SUCH BE DONE TO YOUR DAUGHTER....

Who be this One? Continue giving yourself problems where there is none before coming here to spew trash. Rubbish.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BadBradley: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

You've cursed me na. Oya curse me more
Shut up and get out of your self-trapped limbo!!!

You owe your children the truth!
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Kulex56: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
If only they don really hold body from the onset!!! grin
Saao:
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by MrMacinterchi1: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
some comments here are just funny. Too funny that you will begin to cry.
Most people don't think with their brains again. they are thinking with what my pastor said and what my church said.

who made the rule that the wife shouldn't go home with her husband after rightfully doing all the traditional right during the traditional wedding ceremony? - Answer = Humans. Overly righteous self acclaimed humans.

Please don't say the Bible because that is so unfounded there.

Church wedding is just ceremonial and a way of blessing the wedding in a Christian way - Which is actually a culture of someone you get introduce to.

If you don't know, I right thinking church will not hold any White wedding if there's no evidence of the traditional wedding. That is to show you how that traditional wedding is. it comes first and authentic.

Let's assume that the couple's white wedding is fixed to be in the next 6 to 12months, shebi they will make the guy wait till after the supposed church wedding?

lol. the truth is that they meet a cool headed guy. That's it.

And, I won't be surprised if the dad will come on the day the couple will comsunmate the marriage to hold touch for them and even give the guy instruction on how to be with his daughter.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BusinessCity: 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
BadBradley:
Shut up and get out of self-trapped limbo!!!

You owe your children the truth!

kiss You'll be fine
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Humanoid01(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
SaturnNick:
Marriage is not all about sex na, oga. He probably needs a helper too
I wasn't talking about sex.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Mikester: 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
Chii59:
@the bolded, seems you're talking from experience.
You seem to know the experience...
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
[quote author=favour32 post=98320203]
100% correct!
Many are ignorant.
God help them to have orientation that they are not inferior to the white man.
Traditional wedding is the main deal.
[/quote

THIS SAME WRITERS, WILL WATCH CHURCH WEDDING RECEPTIONS AND BE SMILING BUT THEY ARE HERE TRYING TO DENY INNOCENT READERS FROM DOING THE RIGHT THING....What is worth doing and is worth doing so so so WELL angry
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
FashionCookie:

Who be this One? Continue giving yourself problems where there is none before coming here to spew trash. Rubbish.

WHAT YOU STRONGLY WISH FOR OTHERS, WILL COME TO YOU.. Like me or NOT
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by edoairways: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:
The father is the father until after the marriage.. That's in God's presence, He that giveth the blessing in the marriage. Not in front of some ancestors in a traditional system. If some traditional elders are honored by presenting the intending couples before them, should God not get even greater honour?

Smh atheists and liberalised would do anything to attack Christian faith

Why it's so hard for them to take in is atheists and liberalised want to attack any concept of God to anything goes.

The sheer hypocrisy is what I find appalling. If they hate Christian marriage, they should leave Christian ladies and families alone simple.

If you won't marry a Christian lady the Christian way, please marry your kinds. Go for the traditional woman and after the traditional rites or even before, you can have your way
There is no Christian wedding to start with. No bible verses supporting wedding in the church.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by OKVALLY: 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
The same man will still be tired after a while, why the rush?
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by BadBradley: 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
BusinessCity:

kiss You'll be fine
you need that hope more than the world need covid vaccine. Trust me.
Re: Father Of Bride Refuses To Let His Daughter Live With Her Husband by edoairways: 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
Saao:
The father is just ignorant about the scriptures. The Bible never supported church wedding

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy / Lady Finds Out Her Sister Is Her Mother (Video) / Married Zimbabwean Woman Caught Cheating With 7 Men (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.