Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough (55318 Views)

Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by funshwo(m): 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
The cheapest place to marry in Imo State remains Mbaise, they tribe welcomes prospective inlaws with what they can afford. Meanwhile, the way you makes your marriage so shall it be
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by BabaIbo: 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
Youngzedd:

It's Orsu LGA not Orlu.

All the places you listed under Orlu are all Orsu LGA.

Nwangele marriage rites na die. They will cut your throat. My uncle married from there.

You don't know what you are saying young man.

There is Orlu senatorial zone which covers all LGAs under it.

And there is Orlu LGA on its own.
Orsu as a LGA is under Orlu senatorial zone but not under Orlu LGA.
That is why it is called Orsu/Orlu/Oru federal constituency.

Note: You can also see Orlu as a city that involves different LGAs.
Just like Benin, Ibadan, port Harcourt etc. that have several LGAs inside them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by bizhop01: 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2021
Why don't you add your place, are you not important?
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
hmm ibo girls they fine and clean! but money no go let u come close to them.

2 Likes

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by abimic(m): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
I am sha not doing mbiase, even if they forced me to it, i would be freed las las by who forced me.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by LZAA: 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
Why did you bother to reply
We all know the people complaining are the people who can't live without igbo matter grin
Ndigbo know the truth that's why we keep quiet
Cc imhotep greenback blackking98 afamed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
LZAA:
Why did you bother to reply
We all know the people complaining are the people who can't live without igbo matter grin
Ndigbo know the truth that's why we keep quiet
Cc imhote,p greenback blackking98 afamed helinues
where is bamite?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by BabaIbo: 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nuttella:
My LGA is not costly too.

Proud Imo girl. smiley

If you don't mnd, can you tell me the LGA or better still, dm me with it.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by gtrader: 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
Na lie ooo. Everywhere in IMO is damn expensive to marry especially if you come from Anambra State. They always feel men from Anambra have Storehouse full of money.

I had first hand experience when my friend got married to a medical Doctor. The yam my guy bought was more than 350 tuber of yams.

No be joke ooo.

4 Likes

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by LZAA: 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
imhotep:

where is bamite?
Looking for igbo wife grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by usb2016(m): 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
O boy! Don't go there oo! Fulani will flog your prick comot from your boxers grin grin grin before you marry one of their Amaria grin grin grin grin grin

DryMouth:
Enough is not enough anything...
I will not pay even 1naira for bride price except that girl is a virgin...
Imagine how guys fvck girls dis days and u expect me to still pay to marry her.
I won't try such. I rather go the fulani tribe and marry...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by abimic(m): 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
dancok:
hmm ibo girls they fine and clean! but money no go let u come close to them.
It is not a peculiarity of any tribe, all parts of Nigeria have beautiful women, beauty they say is in the eyes of the beholder. Beauty and fineness only do not keep a marriage, as those would fade with time. Like the saying goes, the beautiful ones are not yet born.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Lolachef(f): 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ohaji egbema is the cheapest in Imo state and their women are so hardworking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Lovelyn451(f): 1:52pm On Jan 22, 2021
sometimes its not about the expenses, women from imo state have given themselves a bad name...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
LZAA:

Looking for igbo wife grin
No wonder. . . cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by 4ckyou: 1:54pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nuttella:
My LGA is not costly too.
Proud Imo girl. smiley
Please tell me about owerri municipal, how is the bride price?
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by LZAA: 1:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
imhotep:

No wonder. . . cheesy cheesy
grin
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by 4ckyou: 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

I will rather marry a white or Hausa, Plateau, Taraba etc. lady instead of marrying a yoruba lady. Except if her father is extremely connected e.g Otedola etc.

In fact I have dated their ladies more than I dated Igbo ladies. It was towards my final year in school that I dated my first Igbo babe and since then I no dey gbadun dating yoruba babe.

Na Yorubaland dem born and train me, so I know what I'm saying.

I agree with you on this
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by neutral2000: 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
How true is this
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by BabaIbo: 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
greggng:

I perfectly understand you . A Yoruba woman gave birth to my son ...getting involve with her is the greatest mistake I have ever made ..what sounds like taboo in the east is fun to them .I schooled here I know the ladies very well. With igbo woman u 've nothing to regret even if u die before her...I am not talking about those igbos born and trained in Yoruba land..

Na now you get the point.

You're right bro.

Most Igbo guys raised here sometimes finds it difficult marrying an Igbo lady raised here except they are closed in one way or the other before the marriage thing comes up.
Most prefer going to the east to get a partner.
You won't blame them in the sense that those girls too dey form at their young ages but tends to be friendly when they are aging.

That is why some families send their daughters to the eastern part to live when they feel the girl is having issues with finding a suitor or is ripe for marriage.

Da'alu.

3 Likes

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by braunny(m): 1:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
dachisom:
Ngor Okpala, is another good area in Imo state to marry from.
sure about that
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

If you don't Ind, can you tell e the LGA or better still, dm me with it.
I'm not interested thanks.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Mindlog: 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
mrbaba18:
nsu in ehime mbano with 200k u are done with traditional marriage

My maternal side. wink
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
4ckyou:

Please tell me about owerri municipal, how is the bride price?
The brideprice is not quite high, it is not cheap either.

1 Like

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Bigfish121(m): 2:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
Imo girls are naturally loose same with benin girls.though I am from Edo.me I nor dey near imo at all but I fit Bleep them shall.
Come to think of it,any girl that is not a virgin does not deserve a bride price.They are supposed to be made baby mamas.

4 Likes

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by wellmax(m): 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

You are talking in the rubbish.

My younger cousin bro married in his twenties and I have others like that.

So don't say what you don't know.

Late marriage exists everywhere.
At what age will you marry
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by thundafire: 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Enough Is Enough: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From

I have read several misconceptions on social media over the years that all parts of IMO State is expensive to Marry from. Even recently, a lady who is supposedly from IMO State made a viral video of how men from IMO don't marry "them" (ladies from IMO State).

I write this article to clear the air about this generalisation about marriage in IMO State. I am a married man from Imo State and well travelled individual and take it from me when I tell you that NOT ALL parts of IMO State is expensive to marry from. Stop the ignorance and stop peddling lies.

Also, I noticed that most people mistake Bride Price to be the only money paid in traditional marriages, as you can hear one say, "IMO bride price na 1 Million Naira", etc.

Bride price in an Igbo Traditional marriage is the agreed sum (by law, it is N50 but families can state the amount they want) paid by the groom or his family member to the family of the bride. This has both physical and spiritual implications as the authority over the bride is passed to the groom and his family via that sum and other rites performed during traditional marriages. Even if you, in a traditional marriage, kill 100 cows, give your inlaws both gold and diamonds but haven't paid the bride price of a woman, YOU ARE NOT married. Most times, a family may charge, for example, N10,000 but will return a sum from it to the groom, while saying that they are not selling their daughter and other pieces of advice.

Apart from bride price, other items like goat, yams, snuff, kola, garden egg and so on are written on a MARRIAGE LIST usually given to the prospective groom, upon acceptance of marriage proposal and Introduction of both families of the groom and bride.

It is true that some parts are expensive to marry from but this article will focus on the largely unmentioned areas that you can marry from without spending an arm and leg.

I must state here that whatever items any part of the Imo State or any other place in Nigeria require as traditional marriage rites to give out their daughters' hand in marriage is their prerogative.

Below are some of the areas in IMO State where you won't spend an arm and leg to get married (traditionally):

1. Orlu (Ihioma, Umuna etc)

2. Oru West and Oru East (Amagu, Mgbidi, Akata, Ubulu (formerly called, Ubulu Ihejiofor), Nempi etc)

3. Orlu LGA (Awo Idemili, Amannachi, Amaebu, Umuhu Okabia (Cubana Chief priest's village), etc
4. Isu/Njaba axis (Ekwe, Ofekata Orodo etc)

5. Onuimo LGA

6. Nwangele LGA (Linda Ikeji's place)

7. Ideato South and Ideator North (Akokwa, Osina, Obodoukwu etc)

8. Even some places in the feared Owerri is cheap, eg. Agwa

I know that some villages/towns in these Local Government areas may be "expensive" to marry from but you can add other areas that you know are cheap to marry from.

This is a new year, find love, go for what you want. IMO ladies hardly abandon their husbands when things are tough (there are exceptions though), most are hardworking, Most are God fearing, they are the most beautiful, they HARDLY marry and remarry or engage in extramarital affairs, they are sociable, they are ambitious and so on.

NOTE: In every 12 Apostles, there must be a Judas so, pray and understudy your prospective wife.

Expensive traditional marriage can be when you spend 600,000 Naira to 1 Million Naira or more TO FULFILL ALL the REQUIREMENTS IN THE MARRIAGE LIST (decoration, band, DJ, Aso Ebi and other things in a traditional marriage event not inclusive)

While an affordable marriage is when you spend 50,000 Naira to 300,000 or less to FULFILL ALL THE REQUIREMENTS in the MARRIAGE LIST (DJ, Aso Ebi, food, etc not inclusive)

If there are areas that I didn't cover, please add.
u list area where I know go cut arm or leg to marry but refuse to mention where I go cut arm and leg to marry
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by 4ckyou: 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nuttella:
The brideprice is not quite high, it is not cheap either.

Can you tell me the range
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Amhappy(f): 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
That how i used to hear that marriage in Imo State is expensive until i started attending trads. The generalization is too much. Marriage in Ikeduru LGA Imo state is very affordable. Meanwhile I'm Anambra born and marriage is my place Nnobi is affordable. The problem i have noticed about Imo state is that some communities do not have standard marriage list leaving room for exploitation. That is part of the problem created by the useless autonomous communities everywhere in Imo state. Any community where the traditional rulers has created a marriage list it's hard for opportunist to take advantage. And in some cases these extortionists are evil relatives who did not want to girl to get married.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by wellmax(m): 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
Bonesking:
Shussh, say what you know. You people must stop lumping everyone in Imo state together. Even in Imo state people are scared to marry from Mbaise due to their costly marriage rites.

Okay Mbaise is in Kano state. What I know is Imo, nothing ng concern me with any LG

1 Like

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by BabaIbo: 2:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
Lovelyn451:
sometimes its not about the expenses, women from imo state have given themselves a bad name...

What is with this generalization?

Mechieonu gi dia!

Do you have problem using words like some etc.

So it is all women from Imo state that gave themselves bad names and all the ones from your state that gave themselves good names.

I can see you have problem with Imo women, who knows maybe one collected your man and ends up getting married to him, who knows?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by ifemism02(m): 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
So because I want to marry now, i have to start asking if she's from Orsu or Oru... abeg abeg abeg... all of them na scam...... person wey wan marry go marry, abeg make una leave we wey wan dey enjoy our lives without billing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / Married Woman Disrupts Husband Secret Wedding, Brings Their Child To The Altar / Mysterious Drops Of Blood In The House..help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.