Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough (55285 Views)

Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by DarkJeddi(m): 7:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
Drabeey:
eeyah, this advice is targeted at the Demons themselves grin, I always like the obsession the Eastern ladies show to those demons.
Lol..

Friendship and marriage are two different things..

When it comes to marriage,Igbos are tribalistic.

The average Igbo girl will more likely prefer to marry an Igbo than the average Yoruba girl would prefer to marry a Yoruba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by BigDick70inch(m): 7:20pm On Jan 22, 2021
ArinzeAnthony03:
If you want a wife that will be Fidel and affordable in the traditional marriage list...my brother, go to NSUKKA IN ENUGU STATE AND GET A BEAUTIFUL WIFE. However all Igbos are good but Nsukka is very special people and wife materials...if you doubt me then ask your mama or your papa or go to UNN school then come back.

I served in Enugu....
Awgu LGA....
Agbogugu to be precise.....
Those girls too r good...
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Moshybear(f): 7:37pm On Jan 22, 2021
I'm from Owerri and I'm getting pissed off by the high bride price here but this post has a lot of half truths.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by BabaIbo: 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
braunny:
nope am not..... i ve met a lot of amazing girls here thats why am asking u

Good for you.

Everyone can't be bad but majority of them here are.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by naijadrivablog: 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Shut it..
Who billed you?
That's how u guys go about spreading fake info
Foreigner, you can say what you like and you are right sad
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by naijadrivablog: 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2021
NovusHomo:

At last, a Nairalander who understands the English language and its usage. You write beautifully well. Bravo! wink

Thanks.

cc: meleszenawi
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2021
naijadrivablog:

Foreigner, you can say what you like and you are right sad

Next time Limit your analysis to Imo state.
You dare not lie against others just to prove a point.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by naijadrivablog: 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Next time Limit your analysis to Imo state.

You dare not lie against others just to prove a point.

Nwanne, abum ogo GI. Ihe nkea owu rice biko nu.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by BabaIbo: 7:59pm On Jan 22, 2021
iamJ:
cheesy cheesy I knew that you would reply with an epistle, women and assumption, my brother, it's a pandemic, that's why I don't play with them.

The thing surprise me na.

Maybe her thought was that I want to ask her out, who does that on a faceless forum?

Women wey I dey meet everyday in different shade/height/class/status due to my kind of hustle, na im one confused one wan show herself.

The way they jump to conclusion ehn, no be here.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
All that money over an overused and expired pussay who will still cheat, God forbid. Baby mama ti take over.

1 Like

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by naijadrivablog: 8:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/
This is the kind of story they use to lure unsuspecting men. You will be skinned alive on the D-day. The goal is to embarrass you into submission in the presence of the guests.

/

I am a man. from the list given to you, you can tell if they will "skin you alive" or not.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by naijadrivablog: 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
fait10:
E be like say the person wey write this thing don dey turn to evening newspaper. grin

You didn't read the post. I am a MAN!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by vickydevoka(m): 8:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
JOACHINpedro:

Lol.
What made you think such?
I realized that long ago. As imo men are very cunny
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by braunny(m): 8:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
BabaIbo:

Good for you.

Everyone can't be bad but majority of them here are.
i have staunch principles when it comes to women but dude i still disagree with u.....life isnt about loving people that want what we want..like what we like
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by ike95: 8:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
okoroemeka:
imo state the land of beautiful women,I am from arondizuogu in idea to north LGA,#150k will get you the requirements in the list,while the bride price is #25 naira,you are traditionally married,if you like you can call Lady Gaga to be your mc we don't care.
guy am from Oguta, my town is also cheap to marry from, with 150k everything is done in Oguta lga
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Eagleword14(f): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
okoroemeka:
imo state the land of beautiful women,I am from arondizuogu in idea to north LGA,#150k will get you the requirements in the list,while the bride price is #25 naira,you are traditionally married,if you like you can call Lady Gaga to be your mc we don't care.

Confirmed...... from Akokwa, Ideato North and hubby didn't spent more than #80k for both traditional list and bride price as of 2008. People should stop condemning a whole state cos of d greediness of some parts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by zedegit: 9:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
okoroemeka:

Guy make we relate nah. How far?
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by zedegit: 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
mrbaba18:
nsu in ehime mbano with 200k u are done with traditional marriage

This gets me thinking sometimes. Should we go there and start scouting for wives or we should allow fate to do the job, in which case millions fit hang our leg for air.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by zedegit: 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
Eagleword14:

Confirmed...... from Akokwa, Ideato North and hubby didn't spent more than #80k for both traditional list and bride price as of 2008. People should stop condemning a whole state cos of d greediness of some parts.

I may need your referral o. How e go be nah?
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by zedegit: 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
ike95:
guy am from Oguta, my town is also cheap to marry from, with 150k everything is done in Oguta lga

Now or that year?

Besides what of settling men, women, youths, wives etc

Did you calculate well?
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by murphyrichy(m): 9:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
Evii:
Sir, your article is false reason been that my immediate younger brother married from Ideato South 2019 Dec and the list alone was over N800k(marathon) and the pride price was N20k which they refunded N10k upon payment but the main money has been collected behind closed doors(a week before the deal day)...they even ask use to monetize all the items on the list which we agreed. Imo state girls are expensive my guy don't paint it.
Are you saying that your younger brother counted 800k and gave them as monetization?
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by murphyrichy(m): 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
MummyD2020:

It's not. Pls u guys should just quit this hasty generalization. I am from Orsu LGA and got married in the same orsu LGA. My bride price was very little. Just like where I got married to.
we are not talking about Bride price, but the whole money spent on traditional marriage...
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by qtguru(m): 9:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
Driedfish:
Meow meow.

I’m not impressed!!!

Lol � this is just so funny grin
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Lolachef(f): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
Very lazy boys ohhhh their market days dey full like water and civilization dey there
Geld:

My sister...you Sabi... I'm from Anambra but I served in Ohaji... I don tell my mum say anyday I wan marry it's either Ohaji or Nothing
I have never seen these kind of hardworking ladies in my life before..Upon say they are the oil producing local government in Imo state yet you see that Thier farming occupation?...Dem no dey use am joke at all...And Thier girls are very beautiful..Na just Thier boys dey give dem bad name..Very lazy set of boys..na only to tax oil companies and cultism dem sabi grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by CzarChris(m): 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
Enugupikin:

Was the goat in the list, answer me and if they was goat no how on earth the list will be 70k bc even a goat alone goes for that amount and I don't know any igbo traditional rite done without a goat
Why are this violent and crude?
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Lolachef(f): 9:45pm On Jan 22, 2021
Joke apart
iamJ:
advertisement grin
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by zakkyzakes: 9:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
qtguru:

Lol � this is just so funny grin
SIR THE PICTURES ABEG U HAVE'NT SEND EM HAVE BEEN ON STALK MODE SINCE grin[quote author=qtguru post=98338349]
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by BabaIbo: 10:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
braunny:
i have staunch principles when it comes to women but dude i still disagree with u.....life isnt about loving people that want what we want..like what we like

Whatever rocks your boat.

BTW, you don't have to agree with me.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by callmehydee(m): 10:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
Its true not all parts of Imo State is expensive to marry. I spent less than 300k to marry my wife from Ngor-Okpala, Imo State. It all depends on the family
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 22, 2021
naijadrivablog:
For other Igbos always castigating other ones from Other States(INTRA-TRIBAL hatred), stop it!

I married from Anambra (na where love been carry me go) and I know what I was billed. My cousin married from Azia in Ihiala LGA of Anambra, we almost cancelled the wedding the. because of outrageous Marriage list.

Is it Enugu? Some places like Ngwo and other places I cant mention is expensive to marry from.

Is it Abia? What about Ngwa expensive marriage, and other numerous places there

My point is, don't come here and paint your State as cheap to marry from just to feel superior (Some Igbos do this and this is BAD sad)

Well said,what a marriage list entails is determined by either greedy inlaws, men who deliberately want to show offf, or greedy "village men and women" who the girl's parents could not control / or silently supported to prove that their son in law is capable...
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Sweetnwa1(m): 10:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Enough Is Enough: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From

I have read several misconceptions on social media over the years that all parts of IMO State is expensive to Marry from. Even recently, a lady who is supposedly from IMO State made a viral video of how men from IMO don't marry "them" (ladies from IMO State).

I write this article to clear the air about this generalisation about marriage in IMO State. I am a married man from Imo State and well travelled individual and take it from me when I tell you that NOT ALL parts of IMO State is expensive to marry from. Stop the ignorance and stop peddling lies.

Also, I noticed that most people mistake Bride Price to be the only money paid in traditional marriages, as you can hear one say, "IMO bride price na 1 Million Naira", etc.

Bride price in an Igbo Traditional marriage is the agreed sum (by law, it is N50 but families can state the amount they want) paid by the groom or his family member to the family of the bride. This has both physical and spiritual implications as the authority over the bride is passed to the groom and his family via that sum and other rites performed during traditional marriages. Even if you, in a traditional marriage, kill 100 cows, give your inlaws both gold and diamonds but haven't paid the bride price of a woman, YOU ARE NOT married. Most times, a family may charge, for example, N10,000 but will return a sum from it to the groom, while saying that they are not selling their daughter and other pieces of advice.

Apart from bride price, other items like goat, yams, snuff, kola, garden egg and so on are written on a MARRIAGE LIST usually given to the prospective groom, upon acceptance of marriage proposal and Introduction of both families of the groom and bride.

It is true that some parts are expensive to marry from but this article will focus on the largely unmentioned areas that you can marry from without spending an arm and leg.

I must state here that whatever items any part of the Imo State or any other place in Nigeria require as traditional marriage rites to give out their daughters' hand in marriage is their prerogative.

Below are some of the areas in IMO State where you won't spend an arm and leg to get married (traditionally):

1. Orlu (Ihioma, Umuna etc)

2. Oru West and Oru East (Amagu, Mgbidi, Akata, Ubulu (formerly called, Ubulu Ihejiofor), Nempi etc)

3. Orlu LGA (Awo Idemili, Amannachi, Amaebu, Umuhu Okabia (Cubana Chief priest's village), etc
4. Isu/Njaba axis (Ekwe, Ofekata Orodo etc)

5. Onuimo LGA

6. Nwangele LGA (Linda Ikeji's place)

7. Ideato South and Ideator North (Akokwa, Osina, Obodoukwu etc)

8. Even some places in the feared Owerri is cheap, eg. Agwa

I know that some villages/towns in these Local Government areas may be "expensive" to marry from but you can add other areas that you know are cheap to marry from.

This is a new year, find love, go for what you want. IMO ladies hardly abandon their husbands when things are tough (there are exceptions though), most are hardworking, Most are God fearing, they are the most beautiful, they HARDLY marry and remarry or engage in extramarital affairs, they are sociable, they are ambitious and so on.

NOTE: In every 12 Apostles, there must be a Judas so, pray and understudy your prospective wife.

Expensive traditional marriage can be when you spend 600,000 Naira to 1 Million Naira or more TO FULFILL ALL the REQUIREMENTS IN THE MARRIAGE LIST (decoration, band, DJ, Aso Ebi and other things in a traditional marriage event not inclusive)

While an affordable marriage is when you spend 50,000 Naira to 300,000 or less to FULFILL ALL THE REQUIREMENTS in the MARRIAGE LIST (DJ, Aso Ebi, food, etc not inclusive)

If there are areas that I didn't cover, please add.

Men run for your life oo
Imo na Imo.
Otú ocho people.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by DryMouth: 10:51pm On Jan 22, 2021
usb2016:
O boy! Don't go there oo! Fulani will flog your prick comot from your boxers grin grin grin before you marry one of their Amaria grin grin grin grin grin

Leave that archaic believes...
Modern fulanis dnt do that

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Neighbor Has The Weirdest Marriage Ever / Mysterious Drops Of Blood In The House..help? / Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.