Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough (55281 Views)

Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache / I Want To Marry From My Village Against Everyone's Will please help me / Bride Price Collection Is Big Business In Some Parts Of Nigeria (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by CzarChris(m): 2:45pm On Jan 22, 2021
fineboynl:
are you the eldest of the kindred? it doesn't matter if your father is the eldest.
I'm not the oldest in in my Kindred, my late Father was a highly titled man. So out of respect I'm called, that's why I only sit-down, observe and learn.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Gozzzy(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2021
mrbaba18:
nsu in ehime mbano with 200k u are done with traditional marriage
Nwune ọ wụ ghụ ashị.... Ezeoke Nsu a rụụ like that o. 300k, na motorcycle you wan buy? Nsụ rụ oke ọnụ biko.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Dimmatic(f): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
Bonesking:
Remain blessed bro. Orlu areas has one of most affordable traditional marriage in Igboland.
Places were you tend to have high bride prices are Mbaise and parts of Owerri.
How about mbano? Bride price depends on the parents of ur Wife.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2021
naijadrivablog:
For other Igbos always castigating other ones from Other States, stop it!

I married from Anambra (na where love been carry me go) and I know what I was billed. My cousin married from Azia in Ihiala LGA of Anambra, we almost cancelled the wedding the. because of outrageous Marriage list.

Is it Enugu? Some places like Ngwo and other places I cant mention is expensive to marry from.

Is it Abia? What about Ngwa expensive marriage, and other numerous places there

My point is, don't come here and paint your State as cheap to marry from just to feel superior (Some Igbos do this and this is BAD sad)

Is it Enugu? Some places like Ngwo and other places I cant mention is expensive to marry from

List the requirements of marriage in ngwo.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Tochj(m): 2:56pm On Jan 22, 2021
My Town umuozu in Nwangele LGA of IMO
With 200k in your hand
Contact me
I ll give you idea on how you can use it to marry.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2021
bizme:
Ahahahaha. Cheap or expensive Igbo wives, a sale is a sale.

Why must anyone collect anything in the first place in the name of marriage list just because your daughter is getting married? Whether you call it dowry or you call it marriage list, the money is coming from the groom's pocket. Do you disrespect your daughters so much as to be exchanging her for a list of material things? Call it tradition to make yourself feel good, but it is just another display of greed and entitlement on the part of the bride's family.

If you must collect anything as part of the marriage list, collect as much as you want and hand it over to the new couple to start life with instead of camouflaging your greed as tradition. Any family who so brazenly displays greed on the account of their daughter getting married lacks shame.

Keep quiet Afonja...yoruba marriage list is much more expensive than igbo marriage list....why are yorubas so greedy? Always selling their daughter to slavery to d highest bidder.

Greedy thieves

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2021
Jagznation:
oga it is expensive leave matter for Mathias

Yet u have never been to igbo land
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
RichDad1:
Greediness runs in their blood.
Modern day slavery all in the name of bride price.
yoruba greed is worse. Yoruba bride price is much more higher than any other tribe in nigeria.

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2021
wellmax:
...Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From

But Imo still remains the most expensive place to marry. It is also the HQ of promiscuities in Nigeria

Nope.

Yoruba land is the HQ of Promiscuity and Inciest in Nigeria.

Yoruba bride price is higher than igbo bride price

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
jeff1607:
From the knocking at the door (money to be paid) to paying for just seeing or getting the list to the billing the lady’s siblings and family put their demands as if they just won a lottery

Yoruba bride price is worse.

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
wellmax:
Thus guy just ended up saying nothing.
Marriages in Imo and entire SE is expensive. That is why their young men do anything for money and they marry very late, same with the ladies.

Yoruba Afonja bride price is much more expensive than igbos

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Instead of the cost of these marriage, maybe people should focus on the cost of establishing a family business, the cost of housing and providing in the house. forget all this celebrations they are just waste of time. lol sorry so blunt from me cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dont celebrate ur marriage, it is ur choice.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
naijadrivablog:
[s]For other Igbos always castigating other ones from Other States, stop it!

I married from Anambra (na where love been carry me go) and I know what I was billed. My cousin married from Azia in Ihiala LGA of Anambra, we almost cancelled the wedding the. because of outrageous Marriage list.

Is it Enugu? Some places like Ngwo and other places I cant mention is expensive to marry from.

Is it Abia? What about Ngwa expensive marriage, and other numerous places there

My point is, don't come here and paint your State as cheap to marry from just to feel superior (Some Igbos do this and this is BAD sad)[/s]

Shut it..

Who billed you?

That's how u guys go about spreading fake info
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Goz50plat: 3:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
Imo State is really a good place to marry from. I concur; I married from Imo.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by hassan4: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
This saying comes from Majorly Anambra and Enugu people as they cannot stand Educated Imo ladies. In Anambra the bride price is cheap but after marriage, you will pay and pay even buy cows & wrapper tire; during any function else no one regards you. Besides Mbaise and Ngor Okpala, where in Owerri can you find high bride prices? Owerri North or Owerri West? Prove me wrong here please. I have worked and lived in Owerri for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by poweredcom(m): 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
IMO state girls are 70 percent runs girls am telling you the truth

Especially from those owerri areas so why pay such money to a who.re

In the east na Dem be d ashewo HQ before all other areas of Igbo land

2 Likes

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Enough Is Enough: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From

I have read several misconceptions on social media over the years that all parts of IMO State is expensive to Marry from. Even recently, a lady who is supposedly from IMO State made a viral video of how men from IMO don't marry "them" (ladies from IMO State).

I write this article to clear the air about this generalisation about marriage in IMO State. I am a married man from Imo State and well travelled individual and take it from me when I tell you that NOT ALL parts of IMO State is expensive to marry from. Stop the ignorance and stop peddling lies.

Also, I noticed that most people mistake Bride Price to be the only money paid in traditional marriages, as you can hear one say, "IMO bride price na 1 Million Naira", etc.

Bride price in an Igbo Traditional marriage is the agreed sum (by law, it is N50 but families can state the amount they want) paid by the groom or his family member to the family of the bride. This has both physical and spiritual implications as the authority over the bride is passed to the groom and his family via that sum and other rites performed during traditional marriages. Even if you, in a traditional marriage, kill 100 cows, give your inlaws both gold and diamonds but haven't paid the bride price of a woman, YOU ARE NOT married. Most times, a family may charge, for example, N10,000 but will return a sum from it to the groom, while saying that they are not selling their daughter and other pieces of advice.

Apart from bride price, other items like goat, yams, snuff, kola, garden egg and so on are written on a MARRIAGE LIST usually given to the prospective groom, upon acceptance of marriage proposal and Introduction of both families of the groom and bride.

It is true that some parts are expensive to marry from but this article will focus on the largely unmentioned areas that you can marry from without spending an arm and leg.

I must state here that whatever items any part of the Imo State or any other place in Nigeria require as traditional marriage rites to give out their daughters' hand in marriage is their prerogative.

Below are some of the areas in IMO State where you won't spend an arm and leg to get married (traditionally):

1. Orlu (Ihioma, Umuna etc)

2. Oru West and Oru East (Amagu, Mgbidi, Akata, Ubulu (formerly called, Ubulu Ihejiofor), Nempi etc)

3. Orlu LGA (Awo Idemili, Amannachi, Amaebu, Umuhu Okabia (Cubana Chief priest's village), etc
4. Isu/Njaba axis (Ekwe, Ofekata Orodo etc)

5. Onuimo LGA

6. Nwangele LGA (Linda Ikeji's place)

7. Ideato South and Ideator North (Akokwa, Osina, Obodoukwu etc)

8. Even some places in the feared Owerri is cheap, eg. Agwa

I know that some villages/towns in these Local Government areas may be "expensive" to marry from but you can add other areas that you know are cheap to marry from.

This is a new year, find love, go for what you want. IMO ladies hardly abandon their husbands when things are tough (there are exceptions though), most are hardworking, Most are God fearing, they are the most beautiful, they HARDLY marry and remarry or engage in extramarital affairs, they are sociable, they are ambitious and so on.

NOTE: In every 12 Apostles, there must be a Judas so, pray and understudy your prospective wife.

Expensive traditional marriage can be when you spend 600,000 Naira to 1 Million Naira or more TO FULFILL ALL the REQUIREMENTS IN THE MARRIAGE LIST (decoration, band, DJ, Aso Ebi and other things in a traditional marriage event not inclusive)

While an affordable marriage is when you spend 50,000 Naira to 300,000 or less to FULFILL ALL THE REQUIREMENTS in the MARRIAGE LIST (DJ, Aso Ebi, food, etc not inclusive)

If there are areas that I didn't cover, please add.

You lie to everybody but it is well known that marriage in Imo state is damn costly.

Money used in marriage in Imo can be used to conduct an election.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2021
greggng:
Things has changed since the started marry Yoruba people . I am not an ethnic bigot but I believe is a good development cos if price is high in the east , they will cross over and marry Yoruba ...that way the greedy parents will be forced to accept what they have been given

Igbo men don't marry yoruba women, 99.99% of igbo men only marry igbo women.

It is yoruba men that lust after igbo women to marry....eg davido, Davido's grand dad, Governor Akerelodu, etc

Yoruba bride price is higher than igbo bride price

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
Evii:
Sir, your article is false reason been that my immediate younger brother married from Ideato South 2019 Dec and the list alone was over N800k(marathon) and the pride price was N20k which they refunded N10k upon payment but the main money has been collected behind closed doors(a week before the deal day)...they even ask use to monetize all the items on the list which we agreed. Imo state girls are expensive my guy don't paint it.

Shut up sir.

This is a total lie.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 22, 2021
Goldbw122:
Naturally marrying from imo state is very expensive, don't get it twisted..

And yet u haven't been to the SE
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
You must be a child, to have sweated so much just to look for a means of discrediting Yorubas and for attacking so rabidly, foaming as it were in the mouth.

And no, we don't sell our daughters in my family. We don't hope for our daughters or sons to be the ones to lift us out of poverty. In fact, we invest into the new couple's life to ensure they don't become what you out of malice think we are.

Logan23:

Keep quiet Afonja...yoruba marriage list is much more expensive than igbo marriage list....why are yorubas so greedy? Always selling their daughter to slavery to d highest bidder.

Greedy thieves

3 Likes

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by wellmax(m): 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
Logan23:

Yoruba Afonja bride price is much more expensive than igbos
Okay. No point arguing with this one
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
Oyesola99:
All of them are, you cannot confuse us

Afonja, no one is trying to confuse u, nobody cares about u. Go and stop ur greedy yoruba ancestors from collecting excessive bride price, remove ur eyes from igbo matter...

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
wellmax:

Okay. No point arguing with this one

I dont expect u to argue wit d truth grin grin

Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
netflicks:
Nothing like Benin....their girls fine pieces and u spend less to marry.... my igbo brothers greed wan finish them especially those old men wey see say u from city or obodo Oyibo your bill no go be here...

Shut up okpo ngaji.

Old men in d village in igbo land are not the ones who take whatever that is brought as marriage rites.

Stop discussing issues u have zero knowledge about.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by rhames(m): 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
naijadrivablog:
Enough Is Enough: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From

I have read several misconceptions on social media over the years that all parts of IMO State is expensive to Marry from. Even recently, a lady who is supposedly from IMO State made a viral video of how men from IMO don't marry "them" (ladies from IMO State).

I write this article to clear the air about this generalisation about marriage in IMO State. I am a married man from Imo State and well travelled individual and take it from me when I tell you that NOT ALL parts of IMO State is expensive to marry from. Stop the ignorance and stop peddling lies.

Also, I noticed that most people mistake Bride Price to be the only money paid in traditional marriages, as you can hear one say, "IMO bride price na 1 Million Naira", etc.

Bride price in an Igbo Traditional marriage is the agreed sum (by law, it is N50 but families can state the amount they want) paid by the groom or his family member to the family of the bride. This has both physical and spiritual implications as the authority over the bride is passed to the groom and his family via that sum and other rites performed during traditional marriages. Even if you, in a traditional marriage, kill 100 cows, give your inlaws both gold and diamonds but haven't paid the bride price of a woman, YOU ARE NOT married. Most times, a family may charge, for example, N10,000 but will return a sum from it to the groom, while saying that they are not selling their daughter and other pieces of advice.

Apart from bride price, other items like goat, yams, snuff, kola, garden egg and so on are written on a MARRIAGE LIST usually given to the prospective groom, upon acceptance of marriage proposal and Introduction of both families of the groom and bride.

It is true that some parts are expensive to marry from but this article will focus on the largely unmentioned areas that you can marry from without spending an arm and leg.

I must state here that whatever items any part of the Imo State or any other place in Nigeria require as traditional marriage rites to give out their daughters' hand in marriage is their prerogative.

Below are some of the areas in IMO State where you won't spend an arm and leg to get married (traditionally):

1. Orlu (Ihioma, Umuna etc)

2. Oru West and Oru East (Amagu, Mgbidi, Akata, Ubulu (formerly called, Ubulu Ihejiofor), Nempi etc)

3. Orlu LGA (Awo Idemili, Amannachi, Amaebu, Umuhu Okabia (Cubana Chief priest's village), etc
4. Isu/Njaba axis (Ekwe, Ofekata Orodo etc)

5. Onuimo LGA

6. Nwangele LGA (Linda Ikeji's place)

7. Ideato South and Ideator North (Akokwa, Osina, Obodoukwu etc)

8. Even some places in the feared Owerri is cheap, eg. Agwa

I know that some villages/towns in these Local Government areas may be "expensive" to marry from but you can add other areas that you know are cheap to marry from.

This is a new year, find love, go for what you want. IMO ladies hardly abandon their husbands when things are tough (there are exceptions though), most are hardworking, Most are God fearing, they are the most beautiful, they HARDLY marry and remarry or engage in extramarital affairs, they are sociable, they are ambitious and so on.

NOTE: In every 12 Apostles, there must be a Judas so, pray and understudy your prospective wife.

Expensive traditional marriage can be when you spend 600,000 Naira to 1 Million Naira or more TO FULFILL ALL the REQUIREMENTS IN THE MARRIAGE LIST (decoration, band, DJ, Aso Ebi and other things in a traditional marriage event not inclusive)

While an affordable marriage is when you spend 50,000 Naira to 300,000 or less to FULFILL ALL THE REQUIREMENTS in the MARRIAGE LIST (DJ, Aso Ebi, food, etc not inclusive)

If there are areas that I didn't cover, please add.

How about Mbaise.
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
Abudu2000:
don't mind that fool, he even listed a goat go and ask how much any animal cost today. I have a friend who canceled his plans to marry one yam leg lady and went for a benue girl and today tey are happy. No wonder most of theirmen engage im rituals. My point is let themmarry their selves abeg. Me i have specifically told my family that non of my sisters marriage list should contain that money being collected for the boys. I don't need it, iamnot selling anyone. Money in exchange for a human being is trading, no other word for it!!!

Afonjas are the king of rituals and their bride price is far higher than in igbo land
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
hassan4:
This saying comes from Majorly Anambra and Enugu people as they cannot stand Educated Imo ladies. In Anambra the bride price is cheap but after marriage, you will pay and pay even buy cows & wrapper tire; during any function else no one regards you. Besides Mbaise and Ngor Okpala, where in Owerri can you find high bride prices? Owerri North or Owerri West? Prove me wrong here please. I have worked and lived in Owerri for a long time.

Educated prostitutes?
Re: Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
Toks2008:

As if the elders follow this

Shut up.

What does the elders follow?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Neighbor Has The Weirdest Marriage Ever / Mysterious Drops Of Blood In The House..help? / Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.