Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,190 members, 7,953,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? (11174 Views)

Events Of The Great Tribulation / Will Great Tribulation Take Place Before The Rapture? / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Adeebiwa09(m): 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
Righteousness2:
Let no one Deceive or Confuse you.
The next agenda on the Time table is the Snatching away of the Saints otherwise known as The RAPTURE.
It could happen at anymoment!
Everything is Fulfilled!
Be Ready!
Live Ready!

Actually sir the rapture will happen after the great tribulation, not before. Just read matt 24 and the book of revelation as well as 2 Thessalonians afresh with an open mind
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by SonOfTheRisingS: 8:54pm On Jan 31, 2021
Mikecold:
Hebrews 4:12 says, “For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.”

The sword referred here is consistent with the word of God, sell your garment to get it

Ask yourself why a supposed word of God is said to be directly sharper to a physical weapon.

God sees his word as a spiritual weapon while you see it as aka 47
Were you there?

Jesus Is Betrayed and Arrested

1After saying these things, Jesus crossed the Kidron Valley with his disciples and entered a grove of olive trees. 2Judas, the betrayer, knew this place, because Jesus had often gone there with his disciples. 3The leading priests and Pharisees had given Judas a contingent of Roman soldiers and Temple guards to accompany him. Now with blazing torches, lanterns, and weapons, they arrived at the olive grove.

4Jesus fully realized all that was going to happen to him, so he stepped forward to meet them. “Who are you looking for?” he asked.

5“Jesus the Nazarene,”a they replied.

“I Am he,”b Jesus said. (Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them.) 6As Jesus said “I Am he,” they all drew back and fell to the ground! 7Once more he asked them, “Who are you looking for?”

And again they replied, “Jesus the Nazarene.”

8“I told you that I Am he,” Jesus said. “And since I am the one you want, let these others go.” 9He did this to fulfill his own statement: “I did not lose a single one of those you have given me.”c

10Then Simon Peter drew a sword and slashed off the right ear of Malchus, the high priest’s slave.

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by damocool(m): 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

That's where you are getting it wrong...

So what does this bolded verses explain? Rapture or second coming?

Matthew 24:31
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
You are the one getting it wrong, why will you jump 30 and holding on 31? Is it because it suits your wrong argument? Does 31 looks like rapture in the real sense. How does the scripture describes catching up(rapture)?. who are the people the scripture referred to as the elects?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by damocool(m): 9:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
Adeebiwa09:

Actually sir the rapture will happen after the great tribulation, not before. Just read matt 24 and the book of revelation as well as 2 Thessalonians afresh with an open mind
If you understand those chapters, you won't actually typed this.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
SonOfTheRisingS:

Were you there?

Jesus Is Betrayed and Arrested

1After saying these things, Jesus crossed the Kidron Valley with his disciples and entered a grove of olive trees. 2Judas, the betrayer, knew this place, because Jesus had often gone there with his disciples. 3The leading priests and Pharisees had given Judas a contingent of Roman soldiers and Temple guards to accompany him. Now with blazing torches, lanterns, and weapons, they arrived at the olive grove.

4Jesus fully realized all that was going to happen to him, so he stepped forward to meet them. “Who are you looking for?” he asked.

5“Jesus the Nazarene,”a they replied.

“I Am he,”b Jesus said. (Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them.) 6As Jesus said “I Am he,” they all drew back and fell to the ground! 7Once more he asked them, “Who are you looking for?”

And again they replied, “Jesus the Nazarene.”

8“I told you that I Am he,” Jesus said. “And since I am the one you want, let these others go.” 9He did this to fulfill his own statement: “I did not lose a single one of those you have given me.”c

10Then Simon Peter drew a sword and slashed off the right ear of Malchus, the high priest’s slave.
You quoted John 18:10 without quoting the next immediate verse 11

Simon Peter cut the ears of the men that accusted him in self defense with a sword yet Jesus rebuked him and went as far as performing a supernatural act to fix the ear.

I am not even going to start looking at the fact you are contradicting yourself but let's just look at it from a pure thelogical perspective.

If you claim the sword which Christ referred to is the literal sword (instead of word of God) how then do you explain that Peter called out an action with a physical sword but the supposed man who validated his act rebuked it by Condemning it with?

Was Peter then acting on his behalf or for his God that condenmed it?

Does a physical sword penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit

Does Jesus act not validate his consistency in his word that the sword is word

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 9:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
:'
obonujoker:

1. Rapture is taking away the saints(both dead and alive at the time) by the Lord Jesus Christ

Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Revelation 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

2. Christ second coming is to destroy the Antichrist, his false prophet and to reign a thousand years on Earth with his Saints.

3. I will use 4 to answer 3.

4. Timeline of the event according to the Lord Jesus Christ .

Matthew 24:29-31
A. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

B. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

C. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

From what Jesus said in those verses.

1. Great tribulation (Antichrist)

2. Second coming of the Lord

3. Rapture.

This means the rapture will happen at the second coming of Christ.

Except you want to say Jesus doesn't know what he's saying, or are you saying He would come three times?

However what has the Bible said about Jesus Christ coming?

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

As you can see in Thessalonians that Paul has said no rapture, until the Antichrist is revealed as per the bolded.

From your analysis You're saying the rapture and second coming are the same.

Totally wrong.

Do you now see where you got it wrong

Let ne go further.

1. Who are those qualified for the rapture
2. Who are those qualified for the second coming
3. Who are those that shall hear the sound at the rapture
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2021
damocool:

You are the one getting it wrong, why will you jump 30 and holding on 31? Is it because it suits your wrong argument? Does 31 looks like rapture in the real sense. How does the scripture describes catching up(rapture)?. who are the people the scripture referred to as the elects?

A. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

B. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

C. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

3. Rapture.

If you still want to argue, We all agree that at the rapture, there must be trumpet sound, and the voice of the Lord, right??

Look at what st Paul said

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

So from Matthew 24: 30 and 1 Thess 4:16 that the Lord himself shall descend, and then the rapture of the saints shall occurs.

Matthew 24:29... Shows that it's after the tribulation of those days, and Paul corroborated Jesus Christ in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

So you can see that Christians will be around when the Antichrist comes.... The ANTICHRIST is not coming to persecute immediately, remember that, he would be around to deceive, but when the true children of God refuse to worship him, that's when the great persecution starts....
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 9:55pm On Jan 31, 2021
engineerboat:

Totally wrong.

Not my analysis....it's what the Bible stated...I gave verses by Jesus Christ...

Second coming is different from rapture, but rapture cannot happen until the second coming... Jesus Christ himself will descend from heaven with a shout of the voice of an archangel and the Trump of God... This then will herald the rapture!!

Paul explained it in 1 Thess 4:16
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 9:58pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

Not my analysis....it's what the Bible stated...I gave verses by Jesus Christ...

Second coming is different from rapture, but rapture cannot happen until the second coming... Jesus Christ himself will descend from heaven with a shout of the voice of an archangel and the Trump of God... This then will herald the rapture!!

What will christ do at the rapture.

What will christ doo at the second coming coming

Read luke 16
LUKE 21

revelation 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 for exposition pm Rapture and great tirbulation. Then Revelation 11 for Christ second coming and His millenial Reign
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 9:59pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

Revelation says and he shall reign forever and ever.

Hes is coming with all the sainst at his second coming for his millennial reign
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

3. Rapture.

If you still want to argue, We all agree that at the rapture, there must be trumpet sound, and the voice of the Lord, right??

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

So from Matthew 24: 30 and 1 Thess 4:16 that the Lord himself shall descend, and then the rapture of the saints shall occurs.

Matthew 24:29... Shows that it's after the tribulation of those days, and Paul corroborated Jesus Christ in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

So you can see that Christians will be around when the Antichrist comes.... The ANTICHRIST is not coming to persecute immediately, remember that, he would be around to deceive, but when the true children of God refuse to worship him, that's when the great persecution starts....

1 Thessalonians 4: 16 talks about the rapture MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR

2. Acts 1: 11
SHALL COME IN LIKE MANNER (second coming)

Can you see the difference

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Rawhumper(m): 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2021
The rapture will happen First before The tribulation.

The tribulation is Gods Second Chance for mankind...The Bible talked about Second Death...that is those that didnt survive or pay with their own Blood during The Tribulation(receiving The mark of The Beast).

God Please Remember my Soul, May This platform be an altar of Rememberance. Amen!!!

quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=98594657]The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation?

This is a topic that appears to be generating a lot of hot debates among Christians presently. I don't think there's much doubt about the rapture taking place, because that's generally agreed upon by Christians to be a certainty. But the bone of contention was when exactly it would take place, if before or after the great tribulation.

I must admit though that this topic is one that I'm not well informed about, because It's not been an area of interest to me. Anyone of them was good enough for me because I was made by Jesus to be prepared at all times for all kinds of situation just as the apostles.

Luke 12:35-40 (KJV)

Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Hence i'm not really concerned if the rapture takes place before or after the great tribulation, because I'm always ready as my loins are girded about and my light is always burning as the Master had instructed. And I believe that ought to be the same for every one of His followers.

However last year I got a rapture dream for the first time in my life. That was sometime in June. Since then I have had two more and one great tribulation dream. The most recent being the rapture dream I just had a few days ago.

It gave me the impression gave that the end was very near, hence people needed to be warned about this so that they can repent and be ready for the rapture.

So although such information may not be of much significance to me, there were yet those who need to aware of such. therefore being God's servant, i was meant to warn them about what was imminent, which explains the rapture dreams I've been receiving.

And that's what I've been doing since. Although repentance has always been a key part of my message, now it's become even more urgent because it seems there's not much time left going by the timing and frequency of the endtime dreams.

For more details on those rapture and great tribulation dreams, you can go to this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6386851/just-woke-up-third-rapture#98508258

I must also admit though, that because of the rapture and tribulation dreams I was now more informed about the rapture than I used to be beforehand, that I intended to share my view about it. However when I realized that i was still not informed enough to give a definite position on that subject, I had to suspend my initial plans, so as not to mislead others.

Therefore it's only when i'm ready for that, i would do so, although as things stand now, I'm more inclined to the position of tribulation before rapture, and that I believe is a safer position to be in the meantime, that may yet change along the way.

But for those who are completely sure of when the rapture would take place, this is an opportunity to convince those of us who aren't if the rapture would take place before or after the great tribulation.

As I said earlier though, regardless, the most important thing is for us to be ready at all times for all possible scenarios as Jesus instructed us to be.

God bless.[/quote]
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by ninocia18(m): 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2021
engineerboat:

Can You Please answer.

1. What is rapture

2. What is christ second coming.

3. What happened at the 2 event

4. What is the timeline of the 2 event

Good evening sir.
1. The Rapture is the prophesied sudden removal of Christian believers from the Earth. 1Thess.4.16 - For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves.
1Thess.4.17 - Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever.
The Rapture is the sudden taking-away of the saints who stayed steadfast to their faith despite the tests and challenges that came with the reign of the antichrist.
Rev.14.12 - Let this encourage God's holy people to endure persecution patiently and remain firm to the end, obeying his commands and trusting in Jesus."
Rev.14.13 - And I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Write this down: Blessed are those who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, they are blessed indeed, for they will rest from all their toils and trials; for their good deeds follow them!"
Rev.14.14 - Then I saw the Son of Man sitting on a white cloud. He had a gold crown on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.
Rev.14.15 - Then an angel came from the Temple and called out in a loud voice to the one sitting on the cloud, "Use the sickle, for the time has come for you to harvest; the crop is ripe on the earth."
Rev.14.16 - So the one sitting on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the whole earth was harvested.
Rev.14.20 - And the grapes were trodden in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed from the winepress in a stream about 180 miles long and as high as a horse's bridle.

2. The second coming of Christ will happen after the Rapture and after the 7 bowels of God's wrath is poured in the earth after which Jesus will return with the victorious saints and then rule on earth for a thousand years. This is the millennial reign of Christ. During this time, the devil won't be in b the system cuz he'll be bounded and thrown into the bottomless pit for a thousand years.
Rev.20.1 - Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev.20.2 - He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
Rev.20.3 - and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.
Rev.20.4 - And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
Rev.20.5 - But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev.20.6 - Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
Notice the difference between Rapture and the second coming. 1Thess.4.17 - Then, together with them, *"we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air"* and remain with him forever. In Rapture, Christ won't enter the earth. We'll meet him in the skies and then go to heaven. Then, we'll have the marriage supper and then the 7 bowls of God's wrath will be poured on the earth. But the second coming of Christ is Jesus coming to earth but not as a Lamb that taketh the sins of the world but as a Lion that has come to rule with an iron rod. With him will be the victorious saints who meet the requirements as mentioned in the Scriptures above.
3&4 are covered in the 2nd answer. I'd advice you read the books of Revelations for further insight.
Thank you sir.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by damocool(m): 10:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

3. Rapture.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
How did these two verses corroborate ur picture of rapture in matthew 24 VS 30, 31.
Where does Paul mention the darkening of the sun (Matt. 24:29), the
moon not giving its light (Matt. 24:29), the stars falling from the sky (Matt.
24:29), the powers of the heavens being shaken (Matt. 24:29), all the
tribes of the earth mourning (Matt. 24:30), all the world seeing the coming
of the Son of Man (Matt. 24:30), or God sending forth angels (Matt.
24:31)?

examine both passages carefully. In
Matthew the Son of Man comes on the clouds, while in 1 Thessalonians 4
the ascending believers are in them. In Matthew the angels gather the
elect; in 1 Thessalonians the Lord Himself (note the emphasis) gathers the
believers. Thessalonians only speaks of the voice of the archangel, nothing is said about a resurrection. In the two passages the differences in what will
take place prior to the appearance of Christ is striking. Moreover, the
order of ascent is absent from Matthew in spite of the fact that it is the
central part of the epistle.
In 1 Thessalonians 4 believers are gathered in the air and taken to
heaven, while in Matthew 24 they are gathered after Christ’s arrival to earth.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by bobestman(m): 10:45pm On Jan 31, 2021
Gullible folks. First detect the lies added to the books your enemies hijacked from your ancestors and gave to you forcing you to buy and read them

Detect the false name put in that book you all ignorantly call the Saviour. I tell you he is the 7th priesthood of righteousness. He was the first in Adama since day 1 and now coming as the last RA in day 7(the final). His exploits in the book was what the robbers credited to your Lord JC their own. I tell you this is the 7th and final generation where everything will be restored. This is the generation that our fathers in the earliest generation has been waiting for

All this things you are dragging and bragging about, your are given only one sign "it will be like in the days of Noah" and what happened? That generation was wiped out and then a brand new world. The generation of Sodom and Gomarah was also wiped out and then a new world. Similar generation has also gone that way although not recorded in the book and this is the 7th and final which will also go like others for a brand new Earth. A great SANITATION is going on and the solution to make the new Earth is to stay alive or endure till the SANITATION (cleansing) ends and you will be saved. I tell you many things you preach and brag about is not what happened. Little children will humble teach you everything that happened when RA comes. All we have to do is to live right so we can come out of the troubles. Like in the days of Noah and Sodom and Gomorrah, only few were left not that they don't have spiritual ppl in that world.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2021
engineerboat:

Totally wrong.

Let ne go further.

1. Who are those qualified for the rapture
2. Who are those qualified for the second coming
3. Who are those that shall hear the sound at the rapture

Lol... Engineer... A break down of events that will happen at the second coming of Christ.

1. The Rapture (Also the first resurrection)

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

Matthew 24:30-31 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 14:14-16 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

Revelation 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

2. To defeat the Antichrist, his false prophet, to bind the devil for a century and also reign on Earth with the saints through that century...

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 Thessalonians 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Revelation 19:11-21 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

There's nothing like secret rapture

Remember the parable of the 10 virgins? After the door was shut when the bridegroom came, what Happened to the 5 foolish virgins, was there a second chance??

Also only the blood of Jesus can save, if this is so, where did the pre tribulation apologists get the verse that people will pay with their own blood, and enter into God's kingdom?

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Adeebiwa09(m): 10:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
damocool:

If you understand those chapters, you won't actually typed this.

Lolx big grin on my face. Alright no problem. If the thought that the rapture will take place before the great tribulation is what you hold onto I won't stop you. If we were sitting in a better setting I would have love to show it to you but social media and all that won't work. Anyways thank you. Like the OP stated what is most important is that we are raptured.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by samopex: 11:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

Those movies have eaten deep into the fabrics of Christianity..

It is a deception of the devil which many have fallen for.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 01, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The context of the saying suggests you're wrong. Jesus spoke about the great tribulations before saying this.

Thanks.

Are you talking of Matt 24 where Christ explicitly described the rapture "after the tribulations of those days..."?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:26am On Feb 01, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Are you talking of Matt 24 where Christ explicitly described the rapture "after the tribulations of those days..."?
Was it Matthew 24 I quoted?

Luke 21.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 12:38am On Feb 01, 2021
ninocia18:

Good evening sir.
1. The Rapture is the prophesied sudden removal of Christian believers from the Earth. 1Thess.4.16 - For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves.
1Thess.4.17 - Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever.
The Rapture is the sudden taking-away of the saints who stayed steadfast to their faith despite the tests and challenges that came with the reign of the antichrist.
Rev.14.12 - Let this encourage God's holy people to endure persecution patiently and remain firm to the end, obeying his commands and trusting in Jesus."
Rev.14.13 - And I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Write this down: Blessed are those who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, they are blessed indeed, for they will rest from all their toils and trials; for their good deeds follow them!"
Rev.14.14 - Then I saw the Son of Man sitting on a white cloud. He had a gold crown on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand.
Rev.14.15 - Then an angel came from the Temple and called out in a loud voice to the one sitting on the cloud, "Use the sickle, for the time has come for you to harvest; the crop is ripe on the earth."
Rev.14.16 - So the one sitting on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the whole earth was harvested.
Rev.14.20 - And the grapes were trodden in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed from the winepress in a stream about 180 miles long and as high as a horse's bridle.

2. The second coming of Christ will happen after the Rapture and after the 7 bowels of God's wrath is poured in the earth after which Jesus will return with the victorious saints and then rule on earth for a thousand years. This is the millennial reign of Christ. During this time, the devil won't be in b the system cuz he'll be bounded and thrown into the bottomless pit for a thousand years.
Rev.20.1 - Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev.20.2 - He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
Rev.20.3 - and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.
Rev.20.4 - And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
Rev.20.5 - But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev.20.6 - Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.
Notice the difference between Rapture and the second coming. 1Thess.4.17 - Then, together with them, *"we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air"* and remain with him forever. In Rapture, Christ won't enter the earth. We'll meet him in the skies and then go to heaven. Then, we'll have the marriage supper and then the 7 bowls of God's wrath will be poured on the earth. But the second coming of Christ is Jesus coming to earth but not as a Lamb that taketh the sins of the world but as a Lion that has come to rule with an iron rod. With him will be the victorious saints who meet the requirements as mentioned in the Scriptures above.
3&4 are covered in the 2nd answer. I'd advice you read the books of Revelations for further insight.
Thank you sir.

Now from the analysis above

Which period does the Great tribulation falls into
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by BrosTem(m): 7:14am On Feb 01, 2021
Crunchyg3:

So will there be a second rapture that will happen for the Israelites that you are talking about after other Christians has been raptured before the tribulation

They'll join us in the Millennium (after the great Tribulation).

Note that the great Tribulation will end with a war which will cleanse the earth and usher in the Millennia reign of Jesus Christ, the King!
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 01, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Was it Matthew 24 I quoted?

Luke 21.

Verse 28 of that Luke 21 answers your question.

And Matthew 24 and Luke 21 are relaying the same events, with more details being in Matthew 24.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by SonOfTheRisingS: 11:26am On Feb 01, 2021
Mikecold:
You quoted John 18:10 without quoting the next immediate verse 11

Simon Peter cut the ears of the men that accusted him in self defense with a sword yet Jesus rebuked him and went as far as performing a supernatural act to fix the ear.

I am not even going to start looking at the fact you are contradicting yourself but let's just look at it from a pure thelogical perspective.

If you claim the sword which Christ referred to is the literal sword (instead of word of God) how then do you explain that Peter called out an action with a physical sword but the supposed man who validated his act rebuked it by Condemning it with?

Was Peter then acting on his behalf or for his God that condenmed it?

Does a physical sword penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit

Does Jesus act not validate his consistency in his word that the sword is word

Wait until Nigeria government sponsored fulani terrorist invade your house, then you can start preaching that to them.

Heaven help those that helped themselves.

Let look at what my sister is saying...

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2021
SonOfTheRisingS:

Wait until Nigeria government sponsored fulani terrorist invade your house, then you can start preaching that to them.

Heaven help those that helped themselves.

Let look at what my sister is saying...
I am against fulani Islamic terrorists, i would defend my self against them.

This is a stark contrast to the passage you quoted.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by arantess: 12:18pm On Feb 01, 2021
obonujoker:

second coming is battle of armageddon when he will touch down on mount olives
Jesus does not touch down at rapture, but saints and dead saints are caught up to meet him at the sound of the trumpet.....get this right please
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by SonOfTheRisingS: 12:23pm On Feb 01, 2021
Mikecold:
I am against fulani Islamic terrorists, i would defend my self against them.

This is a stark contrast to the passage you quoted.

This battle is both physical and spiritual, we Biafrans must continue using both physical, emotional, educational and spiritual tools to gain our freedom.

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2021
arantess:

second coming is battle of armageddon when he will touch down on mount olives
Jesus does not touch down at rapture, but saints and dead saints are caught up to meet him at the sound of the trumpet.....get this right please

Where did the Bible mention mount of olives and Jesus touching down??

Where are the scriptural verses to prove this?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Twinkie1000(m): 1:46am On Feb 02, 2021
I asked the HOLY SPIRIT for clarity on this subject about the gathering together of the saints in the air with the LORD, to my surprise, the 3 theologies on rapture are quite inaccurate. The right model is that the saints of GOD are raptures after the tribulation which is devil's wrath on those that hold unto the testament of GOD, the saints. Rev12vs 17. And before the wrath of GOD is poured out through the trumpets and bowl judgements.
The misconception is that the tribulation is the 7years period prophesied by Prophet Daniel known as the 70th week of Daniel.
The 7year period starts when the world dictators comes with a peace treaty to many, in the middle of the seven year period, he is revealed as the antichrist by raising the abomination that causes desolation as a sign of worship to the himself and devil
The great tribulation starts when the man of sin, the antichrist is revealed in the middle of the seven years period. Matt24vs15 Dan9vs27
The great tribulation is the wrath of the devil through the antichrist on the saints of GOD and Israel.
The great tribulation is terminated at a known time by GOD known as the rapture or snatching away. Matt24vs21-22; 29-31
The snatching away of the saints comes before the wrath of GOD poured out on the rest of humanity for their sins and the antichrist with a sign in the heaven, shaking of cosmic bodies and the likes. Matt 24vs29-31 Rev6vs12-17
No where in the scripture did GOD say the church won't go through the great tribulation, in fact Jesus was encouraging the disciples as pioneers of the church age that the antichrist will come before HE returns. Matt24
The apostles taught a pre wrath type of rapture. 2Thess2.
I believe The great tribulation will be the final fire that'll purify GOD'S saint as GOD will be with us when we pass through the fire just like HE did with the 3 Hebrew men, and purify us by his HOLINESS. Our faith is made strong through challlenges.
We must be prepared, for many will be matyred for their faith Matt24vs9-10 Rev6vs11
We must be prepared saints by walking in the SPIRIT and allowing HIM to guide us through the difficult times to come,
Let it be known to the devils and his cohort, we will not deny our LORD, whether in health, death, life, plenty, obscurity, our LORD is able to deliver us, but even if HE doesn't, we will not bow. Dan3vs17-18
This is the kind of authentic faith in GOD we need in the days to come.
Lastly, we should watch out for the sign of a 7years peace treaty(by a world dictator) especially with Israel and many.
That will be a sign that the days are near.
May the GOD OF ALL GRACE KEEP OUR HEARTS AND MIND SAFE AND SECURED IN HIM, THOUGH OUR OUTER MAN MAY PERISH, OUR INNER MAN IS RENEWED DAILY AMEN. 2Cor 4vs16
SHALOM.
You can read more about the pre wrath model here https://pluto.sitetackle.com/15974/?subpages/Oct.252010---The-Case-for-the-Prewrath-Rapture.shtml

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Take The Lord's Name In Vain? / The Problems Of Lack Of Sexual Purity Before Marriage. / Enough Is Enough It Is Time To Engage Your Angels.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.