Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:31 PM

The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? (11178 Views)

Events Of The Great Tribulation / Will Great Tribulation Take Place Before The Rapture? / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by davidinchrist(m): 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2021
staga:
I used to think rapture would occur before the tribulation, but I am starting to have doubts about this. Most likely, the tribulation would meet us here and we would be taken in the midst of it.

Friend, so was I. Whereas, it's very very clear in the new testament (Matt. Chap.24, 2Thes chap 2, Rev chap 7, 13,...) that it's after the great tribulation. It's when xtian films, pastors, church founders, men's dreams and revelations, etc., get more important than God's Word to us we go astray.

Acts 14:22. ...that we must with MUCH tribulation enter God's kingdom.

John 16:33. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you shall have peace. In the world ye shall have TRIBULATION: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

ROM 3:4. ...Let every man be a liar, but God be true.

Above all, obedience to Jesus according the new testament is key to be READY.

May Jesus bless you.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Maycash89(m): 4:05pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

Can you explain what events will happen at the great tribulation?
It is after the rapture, read your Bible very well Matthew 24:29-31,No one know what will happen
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 4:20pm On Jan 31, 2021
Maycash89:
It is after the rapture, read your Bible very well Matthew 24:29-31,No one know what will happen

You are wrong when I read Matthew 24 that you spelt out....

Let me rephrase it for you here....

Matthew 24:29-31 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

I believe the bolded is talking about the Rapture,or what is it talking about?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by ttts(m): 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
Their will be a rapture before the Great tribulation, which we call the First Flight. The dead in Christ will rise and those who have been living their lives for Christ will be caught up to heaven in a twinkling of an eye. Read Revelation, and the books of the prophets, Ezekiel,Daniel...

1uote author=jesusjnr2020 post=98594657]The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation?

This is a topic that appears to be generating a lot of hot debates among Christians presently. I don't think there's much doubt about the rapture taking place, because that's generally agreed upon by Christians to be a certainty. But the bone of contention was when exactly it would take place, if before or after the great tribulation.

I must admit though that this topic is one that I'm not well informed about, because It's not been an area of interest to me. Anyone of them was good enough for me because I was made by Jesus to be prepared at all times for all kinds of situation just as the apostles.

Luke 12:35-40 (KJV)

Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Hence i'm not really concerned if the rapture takes place before or after the great tribulation, because I'm always ready as my loins are girded about and my light is always burning as the Master had instructed. And I believe that ought to be the same for every one of His followers.

However last year I got a rapture dream for the first time in my life. That was sometime in June. Since then I have had two more and one great tribulation dream. The most recent being the rapture dream I just had a few days ago.

It gave me the impression gave that the end was very near, hence people needed to be warned about this so that they can repent and be ready for the rapture.

So although such information may not be of much significance to me, there were yet those who need to aware of such. therefore being God's servant, i was meant to warn them about what was imminent, which explains the rapture dreams I've been receiving.

And that's what I've been doing since. Although repentance has always been a key part of my message, now it's become even more urgent because it seems there's not much time left going by the timing and frequency of the endtime dreams.

For more details on those rapture and great tribulation dreams, you can go to this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6386851/just-woke-up-third-rapture#98508258

I must also admit though, that because of the rapture and tribulation dreams I was now more informed about the rapture than I used to be beforehand, that I intended to share my view about it. However when I realized that i was still not informed enough to give a definite position on that subject, I had to suspend my initial plans, so as not to mislead others.

Therefore it's only when i'm ready for that, i would do so, although as things stand now, I'm more inclined to the position of tribulation before rapture, and that I believe is a safer position to be in the meantime, that may yet change along the way.

But for those who are completely sure of when the rapture would take place, this is an opportunity to convince those of us who aren't if the rapture would take place before or after the great tribulation.

As I said earlier though, regardless, the most important thing is for us to be ready at all times for all possible scenarios as Jesus instructed us to be.

God bless.[/quote]
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by ninocia18(m): 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation?

This is a topic that appears to be generating a lot of hot debates among Christians presently. I don't think there's much doubt about the rapture taking place, because that's generally agreed upon by Christians to be a certainty. But the bone of contention was when exactly it would take place, if before or after the great tribulation.

I must admit though that this topic is one that I'm not well informed about, because It's not been an area of interest to me. Anyone of them was good enough for me because I was made by Jesus to be prepared at all times for all kinds of situation just as the apostles.

Luke 12:35-40 (KJV)

Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

Hence i'm not really concerned if the rapture takes place before or after the great tribulation, because I'm always ready as my loins are girded about and my light is always burning as the Master had instructed. And I believe that ought to be the same for every one of His followers.

However last year I got a rapture dream for the first time in my life. That was sometime in June. Since then I have had two more and one great tribulation dream. The most recent being the rapture dream I just had a few days ago.

It gave me the impression gave that the end was very near, hence people needed to be warned about this so that they can repent and be ready for the rapture.

So although such information may not be of much significance to me, there were yet those who need to aware of such. therefore being God's servant, i was meant to warn them about what was imminent, which explains the rapture dreams I've been receiving.

And that's what I've been doing since. Although repentance has always been a key part of my message, now it's become even more urgent because it seems there's not much time left going by the timing and frequency of the endtime dreams.

For more details on those rapture and great tribulation dreams, you can go to this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/6386851/just-woke-up-third-rapture#98508258

I must also admit though, that because of the rapture and tribulation dreams I was now more informed about the rapture than I used to be beforehand, that I intended to share my view about it. However when I realized that i was still not informed enough to give a definite position on that subject, I had to suspend my initial plans, so as not to mislead others.

Therefore it's only when i'm ready for that, i would do so, although as things stand now, I'm more inclined to the position of tribulation before rapture, and that I believe is a safer position to be in the meantime, that may yet change along the way.

But for those who are completely sure of when the rapture would take place, this is an opportunity to convince those of us who aren't if the rapture would take place before or after the great tribulation.

As I said earlier though, regardless, the most important thing is for us to be ready at all times for all possible scenarios as Jesus instructed us to be.

God bless.

Good day sir. I just saw your write up and first of all, I want to thank you for the awareness.
But please, I want to point out that the rapture will happen after the great tribulation nor before it. We will all witness the unveiling of the antichrist, the massive falling away of believers, the unveiling of the mark and the Great distress that will mark the 3and half years of what's is called The Jacob's Trouble. And the bible says so:
2Thess.2.1 - Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,
2Thess.2.2 - not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.
2Thess.2.3 - Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
2Thess.2.4 - who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
2Thess.2.5 - Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?(NKJV)

2Thess.2.1 - And now, brothers and sisters, let us tell you about the coming again of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered together to meet him.
2Thess.2.2 - Please don't be so easily shaken and troubled by those who say that the day of the Lord has already begun. Even if they claim to have had a vision, a revelation, or a letter supposedly from us, don't believe them.
2Thess.2.3 - Don't be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed--the one who brings destruction.
2Thess.2.4 - He will exalt himself and defy every god there is and tear down every object of adoration and worship. He will position himself in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God.
2Thess.2.5 - Don't you remember that I told you this when I was with you?(NLT)
For further understanding, *please read, the vision of Daniel in Daniel 11, Matt 24 and Mk 13.*

The earlier the church accept the words of Jesus and like the wise virgins begin to get extra oil through fasting, praying, word study and obedience and service to him, the better for us. The foolish virgins are the ones who thought he'd come sooner than expected. Hence, didn't think it was relevant to get extra oil. That is why alot of people will backslid. Cuz they will feel disappointed that rapture should have happened before the unveiling of the antichrist and they weren't prepared for what will proceed his coming. So much hardship will make them receive the mark and let me say and I quote the words of Jesus, "once you receive that mark, you are doomed forever. There's no repentance from it and that is why hardship and seduction will be rampant." That is why alot of believers are and will rally against the church and the body of Christ and that is why he will find alot of Christians who will blindly follow him.

I really hope this will help alot of people especially believers. For those who want to really understand the endtime events and how it will unfold, I have tapes and messages that will give you more insight and how to prepare yourself for what is coming because the bible says that even in all that tumult, they that know their God shall wax strong and do exploits. The book of Revelations wasn't written to scare us but to tell us about the future and to also arm us with wisdom and strategies to own and rule even in the midst of our enemies. Chat me up on this number :09031867874.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Ziel20: 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2021
DSC7:

Those that refused to take the mark what will become their fate after death

Heaven.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by oluplus(m): 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2021
Crunchyg3:

Please avoid those stuff he wrote on those threads, they are missleading. The Bible made it clear in different passages that great tribulation will start before rapture but this righteousness2 guy is mixing things up, thinking that great tribulation is all about God's wrath but there are two different sufferings during the great tribulation.
During the great tributions, there will be two types of sufferings.

1. Believers Suffering: This is the suffering that the believers will suffer in those times from the hand of the Anti-christ , which will be cut short and the believer will be snatched to heaven (rapture) according to the book of Revelations

2. Unbelievers Suffering: This is the suffering that the unbelievers will suffer in those time from the hand of God known as (God's Wrath). People should know the difference and stop seeing the two as the same. And that's the key problem with all these confusion and fear that some believers have

Thank you. Well appreciated.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by arantess: 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2021
Crunchyg3:

Yea, you got it right with the shortened days but I didn't get what you meant by "in the middle of the week". Because it's not going to be a week thing
In daniels vision with the angel gabriel who explained what will happen
The angel told him the man of sin will make a covenant for 1 week with many due to the worldwide crisis( he comes promising a lot of change and peace and has the wherewithal) but will renege in the middle of the week

We know this to be 7years peace plan of the man of sin, however in the middle of his peace plan(3n half yes), he damns the whole thing...
The remaining 31/2 yrs is the great tribulation, which culminates in rapture

Shalom
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

What Jesus spoke of we escaping is God's wrath (which people have decided to confuse with the great tribulation).
The context of the saying suggests you're wrong. Jesus spoke about the great tribulations before saying this.

Thanks.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Tladybukky(f): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
I only said watch the movie, the mount Zion movie that am talking about is more than 20 years that it was produced...

let's the holy spirit open your eyes bros

obonujoker:

Stop watching movies... Read the Bible... Except movies are more important than what Jesus said?

Read Revelation chapter 6-8... Please, and tell what you understand..
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Maycash89(m): 5:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

You are wrong when I read Matthew 24 that you spelt out....

Let me rephrase it for you here....

Matthew 24:29-31 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

I believe the bolded is talking about the Rapture,or what is it talking about?
It is a mistake, I mean it is after the tribulation that the rapture will take place.

1 Like

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Maximus85(m): 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2021
Lie
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2021
Maycash89:
It is a mistake, I mean it is after the tribulation that the rapture will take place.

Ok sir... Noted!
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 5:39pm On Jan 31, 2021
Tladybukky:
I only said watch the movie, the mount Zion movie that am talking about is more than 20 years that it was produced...

let's the holy spirit open your eyes bros

Movie or the Bible, which is more important?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by pseudonomer: 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:
If people read their bibles without preconceived notions they got from movies (always boggles my mind when people use movies in explaining spiritual things) they'll see clearly that the tribulation is BEFORE the rapture.

Revelation 7:14 proves this
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by pseudonomer: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
This is the verse I was speaking of:

Luke 21:36 (KJV)

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

So could you give your view of what Jesus was speaking of here?

You're right about the bolded though, but I would advice that people prepare for the great tribulations just in case, because I believe thay anyone who does so would be able to make it both. But I doubt that those who only prepare for the rapture would.

God bless.

I think Revelation 7:14 confirms this.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by damocool(m): 6:32pm On Jan 31, 2021
engineerboat:

Read revelation 1 to the end.

You cannot compare the troubles, pains described in matthew 24 with what will happen during the great tribulation.

Is the seal upon the world

Read your bible very well please
I think the problem is difficulty in differentiating rapture and second coming of christ.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by efficiencie(m): 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2021
seunmsg:

Micheal, I understand your delusion quite well. I was once like you to be honest. But see ehn, rapture won’t happen. Angel Micheal will not blow any damn trumpet and God won’t use billions of people to do suya. God is not a monster that derives pleasure in inhaling burnt human flesh. There is no heaven for children of God and hellfire for slaves. It is all lies. Once you die, that’s the end of your life. Know this truth and know peace.

What is the basis for your belief? What makes your belief correct?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by damocool(m): 7:12pm On Jan 31, 2021
cypressG:
It's quite unfortunate that teachings on the end times have been neglected for so long by church leaders. This has made a lot of believers to wallow in ignorance with regards to the sequence of events that make up the end times.
From scriptures, it is quite evident that the Great Tribulation precedes the rapture of God's chosen ones, yet for lack of study of God's word and the great deception of false teachings, believers have been blinded to the truth.
There are lots of scriptures that point to a post-tribulation rapture but I would refer readers here to just two passages.
In Matthew 24, Jesus himself gave a sequential order of the unprecedented events that await this generation. In verses 29-31 of that same chapter, He then said that immediately after the tribulation of those days, then shall the Son of Man appear in the clouds and with a blast of the last trump, he will send his angels to gather his elects from the four corners of the earth.
The second scripture is found in 2Thessalonians 2:1-3. In it, the apostle Paul explicitly answered the query of the Thessalonica believers who wanted to know what time the coming of Christ was and when believers would be gathered to be with him. Paul clearly stated that two events must happen first:
1. There would be a great apostasy or backsliding of believers
2. The man of sin (the antichrist) would be revealed who Christ would destroy at his coming.

Kindly go through the above passages, together with Revelations 13 & 19 using contemporary translations and this whole timing of the rapture would be made clear.

Believers would be on earth to experience the Great Tribulation. Jesus clearly stated that those that endure to the end shall be saved.

One of the greatest fallacy of the pre- tribulation rapture is the teaching that believers who fail to make the rapture will pay with their blood. This teaching is never found in any passage of scripture. Rather Revelations 12:11 says the believers overcame the dragon by the blood of the lamb and by the words of their testimony and THEY LOVED NOT THEIR LIVES EVEN UNTO DEATH.

Please don't fall for the devil's deception by believing in a pre-tribulation rapture. Believers are about to face intense persecutions like it has never been seen before. Jesus said in Matthew 24 that if those days were not shortened, none would be saved. But because of the elects, the days would be shortened. Revelations 13 also admonished believers to be patient and endure persecution by imprisonment or death by the sword and never to receive the antichrist's mark.

God bless.

Fallacies.. Stop mutilating the scripture. Rapture will be before the great tribulation, then second coming of christ. All I know and pray is never to take part in the great tribulation.. If you read the book of revelation very well, you would know that the tribulation being described there is different.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 7:23pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

Engineer....there is a difference between the persecution of the Antichrist, and the wrath of God.

When the Antichrist comes, Christians will be around. The Antichrist comes with deception first, before tribulation

When God begins to punish those on Earth, Christians won't be here.... Many would have been matyred, but would be resurrected at the rapture with those still alive...

Can You Please answer.

1. What is rapture

2. What is christ second coming.

3. What happened at the 2 event

4. What is the timeline of the 2 event
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 7:25pm On Jan 31, 2021
ninocia18:

Good day sir. I just saw your write up and first of all, I want to thank you for the awareness.
But please, I want to point out that the rapture will happen after the great tribulation nor before it. We will all witness the unveiling of the antichrist, the massive falling away of believers, the unveiling of the mark and the Great distress that will mark the 3and half years of what's is called The Jacob's Trouble. And the bible says so:
2Thess.2.1 - Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,
2Thess.2.2 - not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.
2Thess.2.3 - Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,
2Thess.2.4 - who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
2Thess.2.5 - Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?(NKJV)

2Thess.2.1 - And now, brothers and sisters, let us tell you about the coming again of our Lord Jesus Christ and how we will be gathered together to meet him.
2Thess.2.2 - Please don't be so easily shaken and troubled by those who say that the day of the Lord has already begun. Even if they claim to have had a vision, a revelation, or a letter supposedly from us, don't believe them.
2Thess.2.3 - Don't be fooled by what they say. For that day will not come until there is a great rebellion against God and the man of lawlessness is revealed--the one who brings destruction.
2Thess.2.4 - He will exalt himself and defy every god there is and tear down every object of adoration and worship. He will position himself in the temple of God, claiming that he himself is God.
2Thess.2.5 - Don't you remember that I told you this when I was with you?(NLT)
For further understanding, *please read, the vision of Daniel in Daniel 11, Matt 24 and Mk 13.*

The earlier the church accept the words of Jesus and like the wise virgins begin to get extra oil through fasting, praying, word study and obedience and service to him, the better for us. The foolish virgins are the ones who thought he'd come sooner than expected. Hence, didn't think it was relevant to get extra oil. That is why alot of people will backslid. Cuz they will feel disappointed that rapture should have happened before the unveiling of the antichrist and they weren't prepared for what will proceed his coming. So much hardship will make them receive the mark and let me say and I quote the words of Jesus, "once you receive that mark, you are doomed forever. There's no repentance from it and that is why hardship and seduction will be rampant." That is why alot of believers are and will rally against the church and the body of Christ and that is why he will find alot of Christians who will blindly follow him.

I really hope this will help alot of people especially believers. For those who want to really understand the endtime events and how it will unfold, I have tapes and messages that will give you more insight and how to prepare yourself for what is coming because the bible says that even in all that tumult, they that know their God shall wax strong and do exploits. The book of Revelations wasn't written to scare us but to tell us about the future and to also arm us with wisdom and strategies to own and rule even in the midst of our enemies. Chat me up on this number :09031867874.
Thank you.

Can You Please answer.

1. What is rapture

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

Engineer....there is a difference between the persecution of the Antichrist, and the wrath of God.

When the Antichrist comes, Christians will be around. The Antichrist comes with deception first, before tribulation

When God begins to punish those on Earth, Christians won't be here.... Many would have been matyred, but would be resurrected at the rapture with those still alive...

Can You Please answer.

1. What is rapture

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

Show us where in the Bible there is rapture saints and tribulation saints??

Or did Jesus, Daniel, John the Beloved, or even the angels lie??

See what the angels in Acts chapter 1 said about Jesus coming....

Acts 1:10-11
And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

So has Jesus come already that we don't know, or will he come two times?

Can You Please answer.

1. What is rapture

Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2021
damocool:

Fallacies.. Stop mutilating the scripture. Rapture will be before the great tribulation, then second coming of christ. All I know and pray is never to take part in the great tribulation.. If you read the book of revelation very well, you would know that the tribulation being described there is different.

Show us your Bible scriptures to validate your erroneous teachings.... Read that Revelation well and see tribulation of the saints by the Antichrist is before the rapture of the saints by the Lord Jesus.

Or are you saying Christ doesn't know what he was saying in Matthew 24:31?
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2021
damocool:

I think the problem is difficulty in differentiating rapture and second coming of christ.

Exactly
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Image123(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
damocool:

At the FIRST coming, Jesus came and stayed on earth. At the SECOND coming, Jesus will come and stay on earth. There is no staying on earth in the rapture.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

Show us your Bible scriptures to validate your erroneous teachings.... Read that Revelation well and see tribulation of the saints by the Antichrist is before the rapture of the saints by the Lord Jesus.

When is the time of the gentile Christ was refering to in Luke 21: 24

Luke 21:24
shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by engineerboat(m): 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2021
Image123:

At the FIRST coming, Jesus came and stayed on earth. At the SECOND coming, Jesus will come and stay on earth. There is no staying on earth in the rapture.

At Rapture not everg eyes shall see him.

That is why one will be taken and the other left as described in Luke 16

23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32 Remember Lot's wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by damocool(m): 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2021
obonujoker:

Oga, read from verse 30, that's second coming of christ and not catching away of the saints (rapture). In verse 30 all tribes of the earth shall see him(that's second coming), while as for rapture only the saints, death or alive would only be caught up at the sound of the trump.. Read the book of revelations and juxtapose with ur reference verse.
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 8:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
damocool:

Oga, read from verse 30, that's second coming of christ and not catching away of the saints (rapture). In verse 30 all tribes of the earth shall see him(that's second coming), while as for rapture only the saints, death or alive would only be caught up at the sound of the trump.. Read the book of revelations and juxtapose with ur reference verse.

That's where you are getting it wrong...

So what does this bolded verses explain? Rapture or second coming?

Matthew 24:31
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by Image123(m): 8:17pm On Jan 31, 2021
engineerboat:

At Rapture not everg eyes shall see him.

That is why one will be taken and the other left as described in Luke 16

23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

24 For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

25 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32 Remember Lot's wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

We seem to be saying the same thing then. Only that........
Re: The Rapture: Before Or After The Great Tribulation? by obonujoker(m): 8:34pm On Jan 31, 2021
engineerboat:

Can You Please answer.

1. What is rapture

1. Rapture is taking away the saints(both dead and alive at the time) by the Lord Jesus Christ

Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Revelation 20:4-6 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

2. Christ second coming is to destroy the Antichrist, his false prophet and to reign a thousand years on Earth with his Saints.

3. I will use 4 to answer 3.

4. Timeline of the event according to the Lord Jesus Christ .

Matthew 24:29-31
A. Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

B. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

C. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

From what Jesus said in those verses.

1. Great tribulation (Antichrist)

2. Second coming of the Lord

3. Rapture.

This means the rapture will happen at the second coming of Christ.

Except you want to say Jesus doesn't know what he's saying, or are you saying He would come three times?

However what has the Bible said about Jesus Christ coming?

Acts 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

As you can see in Thessalonians that Paul has said no rapture, until the Antichrist is revealed as per the bolded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enough Is Enough It Is Time To Engage Your Angels. / The Great Tribulations After Rapture / Who Is Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.