Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband (56706 Views)

Married Woman Seeks Advice After Mistakenly Sleeping With Neighbor For Money / Zambian Woman Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Shaved His Pubic Hair / Newly Wedded Wife Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Lied About Owning Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Hassanmaye(m): 7:20am On Feb 04, 2021
Whitecoal711:
The Programmes I listened today on wazobia FM,for the 47yrs I dey this earth, na today I shock d shock of my life, you wey marry worry for you, you wey marry and no get money, you can't take the truth
most women go worse pass our politicians and ritualists

Tell me one example abeg
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Hassanmaye(m): 7:21am On Feb 04, 2021
Whitecoal711:
The Programmes I listened today on wazobia FM,for the 47yrs I dey this earth, na today I shock d shock of my life, you wey marry worry for you, you wey marry and no get money, you can't take the truth
most women go worse pass our politicians and ritualists

Before I venture into that union
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by OlawaleBammie: 7:23am On Feb 04, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Lol how comes daughters of Jezebel are teaching men lesson to the extent that they are now understanding the wisdom of shariah and Muslims ways of handling feminists?

Like a no understand ur words.

U means daughters(females) of jezebel are teaxhing men how to handle feminists(females)?

I dont understand you
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Godbless3(m): 7:27am On Feb 04, 2021
TruthHurts1:
She's in her early 40s and was married 25 years ago. Do the math. That means she was between 15 and 17 when she got married. It was obviously a forced and arranged marriage. If she had enough after 25 years she should be allowed to leave.

And the man is 10yrs her senior.
Its arrange marraige not mean it was a force marraige. Our ancestors use to do it, not now we are in lost marraige that don't last.
If the reason was the other way round, you would have been the 1st to accuse the man of wasting the woman youth years and running away.
Doesn't look like she was being abuse to anybody and the court except you.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Waga02: 7:31am On Feb 04, 2021
glowingflame7:

source
what of freedom does she need again, with kind of money monthly you still want to be free. I respect the judge.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by KingLion007(m): 7:36am On Feb 04, 2021
If na our judge is either they grant the woman her wish or increase the woman's upkeep... Issorite
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by LadyTianna(f): 7:39am On Feb 04, 2021
sircatherine45:
You can't see sapphiere on this thread ooo

The future is MALE
Au contraire...the future is robots tongue
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Godbless3(m): 7:45am On Feb 04, 2021
TruthHurts1:
She's in her early 40s and was married 25 years ago. Do the math. That means she was between 15 and 17 when she got married. It was obviously a forced and arranged marriage. If she had enough after 25 years she should be allowed to leave.

Or she could have been 18years. Early 40's could have also be 43yr or 44yr, minus 25years could be 18.
Some country their law do give 16-17year to make their decision.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by whirlwind7(m): 7:47am On Feb 04, 2021
InfernoNig:
Her excuse is stupid. There is a guy already fucking her, she just want to divorce to be free of guilt.

Modified: Those of you mentioning me about. Freedom and slavery, please understand the word excuse, I didn't say she shouldn't divorce, I said her excuse is stupid, if she wants a divorce, she should give real reason. Please try to read and understand words N sentences before quoting stupid intelligence. Thank you

I wouldn't have bothered to explain myself if I were you.
Nigerians are generally stvpid and hardly apply logical reasoning to most things.

The woman gave no compelling reason for wanting a divorce. She didn't claim domestic abuse, physical or verbal abuse or any form of ill-treatment.
The husband shows her love and affection, gives her a good amount of allowance every month (25,000 dirhams is about ₦3.3m) buys her a luxury car, she goes out to play with friends without the husband's permission or knowledge...if you didn't know, this actually shows a very tolerant man in Arab culture.

Yet she is asking for a baseless divorce.
She is doing this because the court won't ask her to pay the husband a hefty divorce fee if her request gets granted.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by sircatherine45(m): 7:47am On Feb 04, 2021
LadyTianna:
Au contraire...the future is robots tongue
Haha. But on a serious note, you're 100% right. Say hello to our Robot Overlord!
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by bukatyne(f): 7:56am On Feb 04, 2021
thorpido:
She don open eye.She's tired of the eleha status.

According to the OP, she was already going out with friends without her husband's knowledge.

So she is not an eleya na.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Beverlyjean(f): 7:59am On Feb 04, 2021
JovialJune:
[s][/s]

Da hell!!! See nonsense this one typed abeg, a woman is willing to leave a marriage so that she'd stop disrespecting her husband, you're saying she cant leave cos marriage bla bla bla, see talk abeg, she said she wants to be free, she has the fvcking right to leave a marriage where she feels caged, marriage hlas it is in this century is not sacred anymore, at least for some, you hear husband and wives commiting disgusting atrocities in secret when they can easily divorce and do it freely with no guilt,

The lady should better go to a better Judge or court where she will be granted her divorce abeg, marriage is not by force, everybody has the right to leave a marriage they are no more interested in, regardless of whoever is enjoying it or not.

Please don't ever go into marriage...remain single all ur life and don't ever allow any man commit to u cos its certain that u have a selfish , greedy and wicked personality... 25000 d is 2.5 million naira monthly, luxury car and even gave her freedom , and now she repays him after 25yrs with divorce on the grounds that she wants total freedom to flex... cos money is now in her wallet to live however she wishes... if the man was giving her only 1000 d monthly, she would not hv gone to court ...u see we women are the cause of most problems in marriages due to greed and selfishness... u think marriage is relationship... the man should even seize her passport cos she will wanna run away from the country... freedom is good but giving absolute freedom can destroy

1 Like

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by delpee(f): 8:01am On Feb 04, 2021
She probably never loved the man.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Blackman101: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2021
Nothing good will come out of this. the woman want out and the man want in
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2021
Dearlord:

You have a very shallow understanding.
You are given the freedom of speech to voice out any forms of ills for amendment not to disorganize the natural supreme rules of nature and society at large.
Unfortunately the supreme rule of nature is live and let live, honestly Africans are really backward savages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 04, 2021
delpee:
She probably never loved the man.
She was obviously married off na, you de look those people way like terrorism.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by charlesucheh(m): 8:03am On Feb 04, 2021
I almost took sides with the woman just glancing through the Headline alone. But discovered how useless she is after getting the whole gist.

Na Ogbanje dey do her!!!

The court should have freed that man off that ogbanje spells by dissolving the marriage without giving the woman a dime! she doesn't deserve him. RARA!

1 Like

Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:04am On Feb 04, 2021
LordKO:

This isn't entirely true "The Law unfortunately cannot force anyone to be with their partners when they have checked out of the union"

The law seldom grants an unjust divorce, especially where one of the parties involved is still interested in the union. The judge even demonstrated this in his judgment. In a lenient scenario, the judge will penalize her and award damages in favor of the husband, and then let her go.

Of course, the law or anyone can't force someone to stay emotionally connected to their partner; she's long bailed out emotionally from the husband. The object of attraction isn't appealing to her anymore, and as I said above, the husband partly contributed to it through the condoning of nonsense from her. If I were the husband, I'd subject her to some pains and then let her go - one who comes into equity should always come with clean hands because peace is only priceless when obtained under mutual goodness.

I do not mean physically; I meant emotionally.

If this woman is so desperate, she can kill the husband.

I feel if she really wants to leave, let her run away. A marital law based on moral codes cannot give her what she wants.

I am also sure their legal system is sensible enough not to reward her stupidity by alimony and every other nonsense the West manages to come up with.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:06am On Feb 04, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Please don't ever go into marriage...remain single all ur life and don't ever allow any man commit to u cos its certain that u have a selfish , greedy and wicked personality... 25000 d is 2.5 million naira monthly, luxury car and even gave her freedom , and now she repays him after 25yrs with divorce on the grounds that she wants total freedom to flex... cos money is now in her wallet to live however she wishes... if the man was giving her only 1000 d monthly, she would not hv gone to court ...u see we women are the cause of most problems in marriages due to greed and selfishness... u think marriage is relationship... the man should even seize her passport cos she will wanna run away from the country... freedom is good but giving absolute freedom can destroy

You don vex ke?

Welcome to the new world.

People should do short-term marriages: renewable every two years.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:07am On Feb 04, 2021
authority2006:

Did you that part? What freedom are we still talking about? May be he should allow her to bring men into his house

Go and ask the wife na undecided
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by pat077: 8:10am On Feb 04, 2021
The judge na correct guy. But, if I am the man I will let her go on the condition that she will get nothing from me since she is the one that want out.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Liposure: 8:12am On Feb 04, 2021
bukatyne:

You don vex ke?

have you been reading my mind?
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:12am On Feb 04, 2021
Dapcity007:

Bullshit
I knew it you're a Feminist
Rubbish angry

So you want us to be held to God's standard so you progressive feminist will manipulative our laws to allow for divorce alimony ,while camouflaging under religion

My instincts said I shouldn't trust you, that's why I asked whether you are a feminist

Thank God I followed my guts

Forget the feminist side; do you want to be held by Satan's standards?

Ngawnu, carry go.

Somebody is 'bad' so I join the person;

I wonder where you kept your light that was supposed to shine. undecided
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:13am On Feb 04, 2021
Liposure:
have you been reading my mind?
Hahahahahaha!

What if immediately after renewal, the Bobo or babe wants out?

There might be a caveat in the contract. grin
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Beverlyjean(f): 8:17am On Feb 04, 2021
ziondaughter247:

See this narcissist. I love the way things are changing. Most of you just make mouth here, you can't try this rubbish in real life. if you are such a 'saint', why would she leave after 25 years? This is obviously an oppressed woman, who endured till her children were grown. The same arab man that you're happy is oppressing his wife still see you as lower than his camels unfortunately.

U are mentally sick...u need help...you see the way u are creating delusional statements...did she ever mention she was oppressed?? She has a luxury car given to her by her husband and 25000 d equivalent to 2.5 million monthly, didn't u read the part whr the husband said she has always had her freedom to party with friends and he never complained...and that freedom is definitely what has lead to her wanting a divorce.... if men cage women , we complain , now freedom and luxury is given to her for a whole 25yrs and she still complains...she is a married woman and not a girlfriend...u are either a kid or mentally challenged
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by West2019(m): 8:17am On Feb 04, 2021
She will later kill you let her go.pls
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Beverlyjean(f): 8:20am On Feb 04, 2021
ziondaughter247:
Honestly, i have come to the conclusion that many of you are simply retarded. It is obvious it wasn't a woman that gave birth to some of you! Obviously this woman married as a child-bride. She probably had no say in her marriage. Yes her husband is very rich, but she is willing to find her happiness now that the children have grown. Some of you are really really mean, honestly. This is a woman that is obviously trapped, even with all the money is not willing to stay again, she probably suffers domestic violence. I pray you don't find yourselves in a situation like this. We are blacks and the truth is that many blacks are already living that this in your daily life but are rejoicing because a 'woman' is being oppressed. No wonder the black man hardly makes much progress. Typical blacks have a big issue with mentality, they can barely see beyond their noses. Why force someone to stay when they are not interested? It is the same thing a white man, an Indian, a Chinese does to you and you shout oppression. but you're happy now because it's a woman??

It's obvious she isn't and has never been happy in that marriage.

You are a black man abroad. You have no say and most times you might not get justice even when you've been obviously wronged. This woman married as a child, obviously against her will. It's still the same thing!

U claim she married as a child bride , whats ur proof?? She is in her 40s as stated , 40s could b 47 as well and that means she could hv married at 22...the husband is in his 50s , means she probably 10 yrs older...now its definite that u are mentally challenged or u hv so much hate in u that it has affected ur way of reasoning appropriately
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by manunitedbabes: 8:21am On Feb 04, 2021
Can u imagine? Is she okkk? Ur eye go clear now from 25,000 to 6,000 na him good
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by MummyD2020(f): 8:21am On Feb 04, 2021
[quote author=InfernoNig post=98699650]Her excuse is stupid. There is a guy already fucking her, she just want to divorce to be free of guilt.

Modified: Those of you mentioning me about. Freedom and slavery, please understand the word excuse, I didn't say she shouldn't divorce, I said her excuse is stupid, if she wants a divorce, she should give real reason. Please try to read and understand words N sentences
before quoting stupid intelligence. Thank you[/quot

To u it is stupid, but to her it is valid. One man's food is another's poison.
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Beverlyjean(f): 8:23am On Feb 04, 2021
bukatyne:

You don vex ke?

I dont agree to that...the devil is trying to destroy God's work and we are using being woke and freedom to enable the devils plans ...
Re: Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband by Liposure: 8:26am On Feb 04, 2021
bukatyne:

Hahahahahaha!

What if immediately after renewal, the Bobo or babe wants out?

There might be a caveat in the contract. grin
this is where prenup comes to play.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 Things Only Men With Pregnant Wives Understand (Pictures) / Can You Advise Someone To Marry In This Room / My Uncles 2nd Wife Is Still A Virgin @ 41

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.