Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964574 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ade101(m): 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
Today,my chicks are 8 days old.They are not as beautiful and clean as i wanted.The soot from charcoal pot and kerosene lantern are not helping either.I observed that the part of their neck below the beak is always dirty and usually wet.I believed the presence of water due to their habit of raising their head when trying to digest water causes the wetness.So most of the chicks have their feather falling off their neck to the extent that you can see their exposed neck (meat).I aint happy seeing that.Apart from the way they look,I believed they are healthy.They run and play around.So i think their performance is ok.I realized that the drinkers are too close to the ground and the litter is not high enough,hence it is easily wet.I planned to remove the litter and put a new one.I just gave them gomboro vaccine today so i will do the litter replacement tommorow.I have also raised their drinkers.I hope their look doesnt make them an easy target for diseases.I just went to check on the chicks of my mentor,they are as old as mine and look as attractive as when they were a day old.It further weaken my spirit.Anyway, so far,I have no mortality and that makes me feel better.Honestly,i like this buisness.Its like wonder when you are happy when your chick are happily playing around.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2012
ade101: Today,my chicks are 8 days old.They are not as beautiful and clean as i wanted.The soot from charcoal pot and kerosene lantern are not helping either.I observed that the part of their neck below the beak is always dirty and usually wet.I believed the presence of water due to their habit of raising their head when trying to digest water causes the wetness.So most of the chicks have their feather falling off their neck to the extent that you can see their exposed neck (meat).I aint happy seeing that.Apart from the way they look,I believed they are healthy.They run and play around.So i think their performance is ok.I realized that the drinkers are too close to the ground and the litter is not high enough,hence it is easily wet.I planned to remove the litter and put a new one.I just gave them gomboro vaccine today so i will do the litter replacement tommorow.I have also raised their drinkers.I hope their look doesnt make them an easy target for diseases.I just went to check on the chicks of my mentor,they are as old as mine and look as attractive as when they were a day old.It further weaken my spirit.Anyway, so far,I have no mortality and that makes me feel better.Honestly,i like this buisness.Its like wonder when you are happy when your chick are happily playing around.

Good job, nice to hear. If you can post picture so that we can see the chicks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by eddyhaze(m): 11:15am On Aug 21, 2012
PLs are u chicks layers or broilers? I'm seriously hoping to venture into poultry next month.
ade101: It 7:30 and i am sitting at the door step of aromokeye vet pharmacy store.I need gomboro vaccine.My chicks are thirsty,this people should open in time oo.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by faluchi: 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
ade101: It 7:30 and i am sitting at the door step of aromokeye vet pharmacy store.I need gomboro vaccine.My chicks are thirsty,this people should open in time oo.
PLS were his this aromokeye vet pharmacy store at...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by DeeWan: 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
Hello Nairalanders, I want to venture into Poultry Business by starting with Turkey. I want to be selling them when they get to 8 weeks. Pls, can you let me know the buyers of live turkey at this stage? Ur responses will be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by oldave: 10:01am On Aug 24, 2012
@ Fnk,thanks for all your contribution to this forum.Could you pls send the document to johnbadee@yahoo.com.Will be looking forward to it.Regards
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2012
Hav been d biz but into broilers since my secondary school. As a starter, u must be ready to embrace the risks associated wit poultry biz though very rewarding...success
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by olumolar55(m): 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
@fnk.. Well done for your active contribution.
Please I am interested in your research document please send to olumolar@yahoo.co.uk
thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by zogo(m): 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2012
you can give Heliculture (Snail Farming) a trial, and you'll be amassed at the opportunities in it. go here: www.snailfarmingng..com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2012
I have sent the docs guys. I will be in Naija next week. lets keep talking

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kingsilly(m): 11:27am On Aug 25, 2012
fnk: I have sent the docs guys. I will be in Naija next week. lets keep talking

kingsleyameye02@gmail.com...plzz help me resend kinda misplace the 1st one..tanks FNK
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dexter2007: 9:44am On Aug 27, 2012
I have 8 weeks, 150 pieces black pullet from CHI Farm available for sale in Ibadan.
If you are interested call: 08179101150.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Vera2cc: 4:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
@ fnk
please, I am interested in starting a poultry. Could you please send the documents to my mailbox - veroijomah@gmail.com.
Thank you and Godbless
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omoola007(m): 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2012
@fnk.

kindly send me the documents at omoola007@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omoola007(m): 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2012
Which is better to start with... day old chick or point of lay? please give reasons why and if you have experience with both please do share. i am a beginner looking to see the best approach.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by knowledge4(m): 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
Day old is the best and most economical but the more stressing and riskier venture. it requires experience,skill and the right logistics in handling them especially in the initial 6 weeks,else many may die.Raising day olds, u have to be observant to know when they are uncomfortable and adjust the heating appropriately. One of the issues to watch out for is stampede.
You have to know when a stampede is occurring,what makes it occur and how to reverse it when you see it likely to occur.If not,many may die and you will be wondering what went wrong.The initial 2 weeks,you have to maintain very close watch over them especially at night.
Point-of-lay are grown birds that will begin to drop eggs within 2-4 weeks.Many starters prefer point of lay because it eliminates lots of stress.However,where you are buying them from matters.If you buy unhealthy point-of-lay chickens, u will regret it because either they die or poor production.And you will have expended much resources before the ugly effects come up.More details at www.johnayodele. Before buying point-of-lay,there are important issues to consider.Please,engage a trained eye,either a vet,livestock consultant or experienced farmer to go with you.Chicken selection is not a thing any layman can do.Buy point-of-lay birds,even day old birds from reputable sources.Not every farm selling or advertising them is a credible source.Any day,the best is the day old if you can cope.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ade101(m): 8:40pm On Aug 27, 2012
faluchi:
PLS were his this aromokeye vet pharmacy store at...

My mini farm is at ilorin,kwara state.Aromokeye vet store is opposite A division.
My broiler chicks are 15 days old and i am looking forward to selling them at the age of 4-5 weeks.Reason being that christmas is around the corner,and i want to bring new chicks for xmas sales.I am also looking for partnership supply from any fastfood,restaurants,hotels and others.I have the financial means to start producing thousands of broilers based on demand but i really need to work out potential buyers first.I will be glad if anyone can link me up.Also,Any hints on how i can get buyers will be highly appreciated.My contact details:
08176505514 & sheriph4real@gmail.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by spendogram: 12:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
If you are running an agric business you can try SpendoGram for FREE.
SpendoGram is a mobile/web tool for Budgeting, Tracking and Monitoring your Expenses, Incomes, Assets, Debts, Profits and Net worth on the go.

It is available at www.SpendoGram.com

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by miqos02(m): 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2012
@fnk
pls send me the document @ alabius2002@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by boladex1: 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2012
fnk: Good luck guys, can't wait to come home and join you in this business opportunity. will look forward to sharing more info with you.

@Kemond, @i check your emails I have sent the docs to you. @ gmumeen, please resend me your email address and I will be glad to forward you the info again.

Take care.

PLEASE HELP ME BY SENDING THE INFO TO MY MAIL tundeodums@yahoo.com

am raising money to go into poultry, help
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eazeee(m): 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2012
fnk:

I have sent it to you already, you might want to check your junk m
ail is you haven't seen it.

pls fnk i also need ur magic doc 4 my poultry farm
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Eazeee(m): 4:33pm On Aug 30, 2012
fnk:

I have sent it to you already, you might want to check your junk m
ail is you haven't seen it.

fnk hia is my mail pls josephoezekiel@yahoo.com

pls fnk i also need ur magic doc 4 my poultry farm
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by yanmata(m): 5:05pm On Aug 30, 2012
@fnk, thx 4 ur important contribution. Pls can u send me d doc to: hbisallah@gmail.com

regards
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 9:45am On Aug 31, 2012
Sent guys. Good luck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cejo1(m): 9:46am On Aug 31, 2012
[quote author=yanmata]@fnk, thx 4 ur important contribution. Pls can u send me d doc to: hbisallah@gmail.com
Please, if u received the document, kindly send a copy to : okolichijiokei@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cejo1(m): 9:48am On Aug 31, 2012
fnk: Sent guys. Good luck
Please send a copy to me : okolichijiokei@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cejo1(m): 9:54am On Aug 31, 2012
Semostika: @FNK, may I please have a copy of your wonder document please. My email address is komuoreh@yahoo.co.uk. Thank you.
Please am also interested in the document, kindly forward to okolichijiokei@yahoo.com Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ade101(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2012
Broiler or egg production, which is more profitable? I am thinking if someone has a ready market for atleas 1000 broilers per month,and enough capital to sustain the production.Could there be more profit if the same cash is used for egg (layer) production? Kindly tell me what you know about it.I am in between layer or broiler production decision.Your input will go a long way to help.Thanks.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cejo1(m): 11:15am On Aug 31, 2012
fnk: Check you mail guys and let me know if you got the docs.

Take care and good luck.

Please send the doc to me as well okolichijiokei@yahoo.com.
Keep up the good work.
Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Vera2cc: 12:48pm On Aug 31, 2012
@ fnk
Hi, I am still waiting for the document. Please could you send it to my email- veroijomah@gmail.com
Thanks and Godbless

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.