Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,447 members, 7,816,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964571 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 8:14pm On Oct 18, 2012
DIG1: @ fnk. Really appreciate ur input in this thread. I ve come τ̅☺ love this poultry farm biz after going through the whole 21page, i presently ve #500.000 τ̅☺ start up a biz, but not certain on which τ̅☺ invest my money. what is the American product u are introducing and marketing, Can I be involved? I'm based in Abuja, can I start this poultry biz (broiler) dis week and ¶† will be ready for consumption by 20th of December? Will also appreciate if u send me d study u did for ur poultry farm. @yahoo.com. Thks

check out xtremefreedom.mysyntek.com.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by miqos02(m): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
fnk: yes

pls text ur no to 07061285365
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by seun70(m): 10:29am On Oct 21, 2012
Hi all,
Fencing completed. Would anyone please recommend a very good and competent consultant?
I need to start constructing but I was told by a friend that I need to lay emphasis on sun-rise and sun-set points.

I am trying to get it right from the start.

Over to you good nairalanders......

seun70: Hi all,
I have finally decided to embark on this poultry farming business after reading/watching/researching for about two years.

I would not mind any suggestion from the experienced poultry farmers on nairaland. Although, I have three plots of land (just bought somewhere in Otta) I intend to use. This does not mean I am a fan of 'hot-water' syndrome. I only intend to start with 1000 layers.
Clearing of the site was done today and construction of the fence would (by God's grace) commence tomorrow.

Suggestions, suggestions, suggestions would be appreciated.

NOTE: I am spending 1.5m on fencing.

Thanks in advance guys........
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by makinde3: 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
Fencing completed. Would anyone please recommend a very good and competent consultant?
I need to start constructing but I was told by a friend that I need to lay emphasis on sun-rise and sun-set points.

Do you spent 1.5m on fencing the three plots of land, or more?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by seun70(m): 9:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
I have actually been able to fence just two plots now. This is to enable me have enough fund for other things, and I spent roughly 950k to complete fencing the two plots.

makinde3:

Do you spent 1.5m on fencing the three plots of land, or more?

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by makinde3: 9:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
Thanks seun
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ask4jeffo: 7:06am On Oct 23, 2012
@ fnk,

I would appreciate a copy of your info/report.Kindly send me the document. My email is ask4jeffo@yahoo.co.uk

i will be very much happy to get this document so as to prepare me for this poultry farm aa i have been waiting and looking 4 how to start through am expirence people like you.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by seun70(m): 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
@fnk
I would like to have a copy of the report/info on poultry pls.
My email addy is: seun70@hotmail.com

Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sp2002(m): 8:25pm On Oct 24, 2012
FOR MORE INFO AND POULTRY BUSINESS CONTACT:

SP2002 POULTRY AND LAND CONSULTANCY
RUKRIL FARMS AND FEEDMILL, LAGOS
TJ.SP2002@GMAIL.COM
WWW.SP2002.GNBO.COM.NG
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ask4jeffo: 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2012
@ fnk,
Thanks. i got the email.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by moftob: 11:08am On Oct 29, 2012
ps i want 2 start poultry farming,how do i start,what would it cost me.u can mail me owoeye.wole@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by seun70(m): 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
@fnk
Hi, kindly send me a copy of the report/study on setting-up a poultry at: Seun70@hotmail.com
Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Jidemaks(m): 4:58pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hi Seun, if you dont mind, get in touch with Mr. Ayodele for detailed information on starting your poultry farm. He also has some useful reports that will help you as a starter though you may have to buy some of the reports. My wife and I(with zero experience in farm business) made use of his report when we were to start our farm and we are progressing now.

His contact:ayodeleade2002@yahoo.com

I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Numbergame: 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
Hi fnk
Please send me the document at derekediae@gmail.com
Anyone with this document could also send it to me.
It is been very fascinating to know that fellow Njans are willing to share experiences online. I have no idea about poultry but my interest is now rekindled. Can I have a six months training (helping out) without pay in one of your farms.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Egomah(m): 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
Interesting epistle, this should be documented I'm very impressed. At some point in my life I would venture into this poultry farming and other live stock farming too.
I want τ̲̅ø̲̣ ask, what can be done with these birds droppings? Its there a̶̲̥̅̊ way they can be recircled and turned τ̲̅ø̲̣ feed, say for fish? Or maybe used as manor for crops?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sp2002(m): 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2012
@ moftob i have sent a mail to u, @ egomah d dropings can be pelletised and used for manure
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
Egomah: Interesting epistle, this should be documented I'm very impressed. At some point in my life I would venture into this poultry farming and other live stock farming too.
I want τ̲̅ø̲̣ ask, what can be done with these birds droppings? Its there a̶̲̥̅̊ way they can be recircled and turned τ̲̅ø̲̣ feed, say for fish? Or maybe used as manor for crops?

Very good manure, you can further treat it, bag it and sell to farmers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by iamablackman: 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
@fnk pls send docs to maniliman@yahoo.com. if anyone has recvd it pls do send. cheers.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by valentino81(m): 11:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
iamablackman: @fnk pls send docs to maniliman@yahoo.com. if anyone has recvd it pls do send. cheers.

Kindly forward same to; valentino4ualone@gmail.com

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
Pls Mr Frankllin can i benefit from the report too pls i will really appreciate it. e mail is gist_md@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by laposta: 10:37am On Nov 05, 2012
Hi fnk,

I'll like to meet you. I'm looking to restart my poultry. I was into layers but want to try broilers. My email is femmiedot@yahoo.com

Pls, send me an email. Let's discuss how we'll meet
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2012
Sent guys, good luck.

Fnk
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2012
Mr Frank i got the mail thanks a lot.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by markie79: 10:27am On Nov 09, 2012
can anybody tell me where i can buy OMENA, MAIZE BRAN, LIME SOURCE for making feeds for my layers and the price per kg in lagos pls
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jites(m): 1:07am On Nov 10, 2012
I have finally decided to embark on this poultry farming business after reading/watching/researching for about two years.

I would not mind any suggestion from the experienced poultry farmers on nairaland. Although, I have three plots of land (just bought somewhere in Otta) I intend to use. This does not mean I am a fan of 'hot-water' syndrome. I only intend to start with 1000 layers.
Clearing of the site was done today and construction of the fence would (by God's grace) commence tomorrow.

Suggestions, suggestions, suggestions would be appreciated.

NOTE: I am spending 1.5m on fencing.

Thanks in advance guys........
seun70: @fnk
@Seun I am also interested in embarking on the poultry business, like you i am still studing and researching and hope to start with 1000 next year. is it possible to post your pictures up here so we can learn and advise. i have a viability report for a 1000 birds if you are interested drop me a line and lets share thoughts. regards
I would like to have a copy of the report/info on poultry pls.
My email addy is: seun70@hotmail.com

Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by osca123(m): 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
gist4real: Mr Frank i got the mail thanks a lot.

please gist4real can u send me d report oscarella68@gmail.com. God bless u
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by markie79: 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2012
davidzfarm: THANK GOD YOU ARE BACK.(BASKING4ME), UR LONG ABSENCE WAS QUITE WORRISOME FOR SOME OF US WHO TOOK AFTER UR LEAD IN POULTRY FARMING.GOOD TO HEAR THAT YOUR RETURNS ARE QUITE HIGH DESPITE THE MORTALITIES. THE INTERNET HAS REALLY ASSISTED ME WITH MY BUSINESS AND WITHIN A NINE MONTH PERIOD, MY BIRDS HAVE INCREASED FROM 100 TO ALMOST 400. I'LL BE WILLING TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCED IN THE AREA OF FEED MILLING WHICH CAN REDUCE UR COST OF PRODUCTION TO ABOUT 30%.

pls send me the raw material you are using in formulating your layers feed email macmiracle@rocketmail.com
my regards
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by wiseguy(m): 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
@fnk

Please send the report to me: jamooenterprises@yahoo.com

Thanks and Regards.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by SMARTGOLD: 5:46am On Nov 16, 2012
I am also interested in embarking on the poultry business like every other person here.
I am currently studying and researching about this business and hope to start soon.
I will like to have a copy of the report/info on poultry pls.
My email address is: Ubong7000@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by DueTime(m): 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2012

Yeah, the sun rise and set points are important so that sun rays do not fall inside the houses, hence, the central axis of the house should be East- West direction.

Thank you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by osca123(m): 8:59pm On Nov 16, 2012
Abbey4life: Hi Basking, you are really doing well and I must say am proud of you. You did not just establish a business but you went ahead sharing your success story to we Nairalaners you are a worthy ambassador to this noble course. I however would like to be reading more of the challenges, you face while raising your birds to minimize mortality as well as what was done to curtail it, with this we upcoming business minded people would guide against it. Am happy dat in 10 weeks from now the 1st set would start yielding their purpose of investment. When are you especting to push the broilers to market? (As in what's d full matured size and weeks for christmas-like fowls. Once again welldone. May God continue to bless you. Cheers

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY START LAYING EGGS? I THINK THEY ARE MOST LIKELY GOING TO DESTROY THEIR EGGS

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.