Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (964595 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by leke76: 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2012
@fenk pls send me d document ahmad.adeleke@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by dlion: 10:19pm On Aug 31, 2012
Well done for the good job. Kindly send the document to abolawale@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by anointed012: 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2012
@fnk,pls am interested in the document and any other information that May help me set up a small poultry farm.God bless you.my email is mbahenryc@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by segbe88: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2012
pls @fnk can u pls send to my box segbe88@yahoo.com. thanks for u research... u've have done well.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
Set guys. Sorry for the delay, back in the country and internet service here is not that great. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by segbe88: 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2012
fnk: Set guys. Sorry for the delay, back in the country and internet service here is not that great. Good luck

thanks alot.... u've done great
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jonyse: 4:49am On Sep 04, 2012
@fnk, I also need the doc. Kindly send it to olusegunadebiyi@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by imsupertips: 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2012
Well done.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by miqos02(m): 11:03am On Sep 05, 2012
@fnk
what application will open " Broiler Production Module.for 2000 Birdsxlsx" file
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cejo1(m): 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2012
fnk: Set guys. Sorry for the delay, back in the country and internet service here is not that great. Good luck
Thanks bro, am really grateful

For the Feed Requirement cost calculation:
What does the following figures stand for
1. 326
2. 66
3. 1960
4. 1920
Am preparing a Projected Income statement, Projected cashflow statement and Projected Balance sheet based on your Spreadsheet for a period of 5 Years.
Your spreadsheet was really helpful, Thanks once again
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Cejo1(m): 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2012
miqos02: @fnk
what application will open " Broiler Production Module.for 2000 Birdsxlsx" file
The document is valid, all you have to do is: Rename the document by inserting a period between the letter S and X
"Broiler Production Module.for 2000 Birds.xlsx"
it is an excel spreadsheet.
Goodluck
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by miqos02(m): 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
Cejo1:
The document is valid, all you have to do is: Rename the document by inserting a period between the letter S and X
"Broiler Production Module.for 2000 Birds.xlsx"
it is an excel spreadsheet.
Goodluck
thank toy bro. now am able to open it
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by miqos02(m): 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2012
oga fnk. this document does not include the solution, WHY? IS IT FOR SALE?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by elderbros(m): 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2012
@fnk, can u please sent to: stillibitoye@yahoo.com
tnx
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by lulusong: 9:45pm On Sep 05, 2012
hi there,
really interested in the projected analysis,
pls send info of spread sheet to layla@shaw.ca
many thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by selton: 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
we can help you, your business, your health, your case, your dreams etc.
grin
http://www.pyramid.gnbo.com.ng/products
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by jonyse: 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
Fnk,I am still expecting the manual pls send to olusegunadebiyi@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bona305: 7:00am On Sep 07, 2012
hi fnk, please send me the feeds formulation ,your sending to others ,broiler weight 2.5kg in 7 weeks with less than 600 naira to produce both the cost of birds, medication and feeds at bona305@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bunmita: 5:07am On Sep 09, 2012
@fnk,pls send same info into my email...bunmita@gmail.com.u're highly appreciated.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ileki: 8:08am On Sep 09, 2012
pls ca u send me the feeds formulation to lekeodulaja@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by tinnymerit(m): 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2012
send to tinnymerit@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by bona305: 6:36am On Sep 10, 2012
marshal4us . THANKS FOR THE CHICKS AND LAYERS FEEDS FORMULATION. CAN YOU PLS SEND BROILERS STARTER AND BROILERS FINISHER FEEDS FORMULAR ON
bona305@yahoo.co.uk and i check omena layers feeds recipes i cant find it. what feeds can i use to replace it. THANKS
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sp2002(m): 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2012
ade101: Broiler or egg production, which is more profitable? I am thinking if someone has a ready market for atleas 1000 broilers per month,and enough capital to sustain the production.Could there be more profit if the same cash is used for egg (layer) production? Kindly tell me what you know about it.I am in between layer or broiler production decision.Your input will go a long way to help.Thanks.
mr ade i will advice you use that same capital you have for broiler to start egg production after which i will advice you to do broiler/cockerel seasonal because the profit in egg production is endless.anyway for more info call
MR ABIMBOLA. T.A
TJ.SP2002@GMAIL.COM
SP2002.GNBO.COM.NG
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by RURIE: 10:24am On Sep 11, 2012
FEEDS FORMULA FOR LAYER BIRDS(GROWER)

Wheat offer 20%
Maize 10%
Wheat flour 15%
Wheat seed 15%
GNC 20%
Bone meal 2%
Oxyster shell 10%
PKC 50
Grower premix 3%
Methomine 1%
Lysine 1%
Salt 3%

Please note that I am not a Nutritionist, I think the above will be helpful for starters and any Nutritionist in the house can assist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by EJaja(m): 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2012
@FnK i think i would like have some talk with you,
The first thing i wouldlike to ask fo is you research report and my Email addy is iyerifama@yahoo.com, the second one has to do with your solution. i look forwad to ur emial and hope we get to talk soon.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by EO(f): 5:14pm On Sep 11, 2012
@FNK. Thanks a lot for your contributions to this thread. Please I am considering going into the poultry business also. I would be very grateful if you send me the docs. My email address is emo4love@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by EO(f): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2012
fnk:

What you will get is the report on the project that I did, and with the info you can start your own poultry. I am sure there are a lot of people with better info out there or here on this thread.

Good luck.

Please also send me the document. My email address is emo4love@yahoo.com.

Thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by cordj2: 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2012
What you will get is the report on the project that I did, and with the info you can start your own poultry. I am sure there are a lot of people with better info out there or here on this thread.

Good luck.

fnk please drop it in my box raymond25th@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by ade101(m): 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2012
This thread is going down.Everytime i recieved an update that there is a new post,i dont even bother to read because i can easily guess that its another dude asking FNK about a poultry report.Honestly there is nothing in that report,the only special addition is the 'virushield solution' used,and as long as FNK didnt want to share the info regarding how to get virushield (i am convinced that is not the real name of the solution),i dont think asking for the report should be the major purpose of this thread existence.I am not saying that Fnk should share his secret,I fully understand that it would be a competitive advantage for him when he finally decided to go into the world of poultry.Anyway,my chicks are now in their 5th week,i bought 100 doc only 1 mortality was recorded so far.I may not be as experienced as many in this biz,but I am conviced that the secret to reducing mortality to minimum is to obey simple rule of hygiene,have passion for the chicks and do not procrastinate.I replace the bedding material every week to ensure that micro-organism doesnt have enough time to infect my chicks.I try my best not to allow water to pour on the flour so as to keep the bedding material (saw dust ) dry.I wash their drinkers everytime i refill it with clean water.I used tap water and only started using well water after they were about 4weeks old,by then i believed they have developed immunity against most diseases.Finally,i ensured that i gave them every medication as directed by my instructor.The medication schedule is as follow:
I bought AMINTOTAL,PANTERYL & PANTACOX.
Amintotal is a multivatamine that can help to give them strenght agaist body weakness and is usefull when the chicks have been stressed.Stress may be due to transportation,heat & change in feed.
PANTERYL & PANTACOX are preventive and treatment drugs for a lot of poultry diseases(the diseases are many and are stated on each drug cover sachet).
So for the first five days ,i keep adding a teaspoon of both pantery and amintotal to their drinking water.Then i stoped for 3 days and on the 8th day,i gave them gomboro vacine.from 9th day to 16th day,i added pantacox and amintotal to their drinking water after which i stoped for another 3 days,then gave them lasota vacine.Thats all.I believed anyone should be able to raise a healthy chicken if appropriate procedure is observed.The koko is the market.Guys,broiler market is really competitive.I am thinking about going out very soon to market them(probably tomorow).Also i dont even know how they are priced.Well,i hope the price worth the money they consumed(still consuming lol).Those guys eat like glutton.Infact there was a time i got scared thinking they may die due to excess food.Alas! They are still getting fat.I will be sticking around to learn more on thread.Gud work guys.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Vera2cc: 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
@ ade101,
Congrats on your success so far. I'm thinking of starting a poultry before the year runs out. I think starting with 100 birds is ideal to enable me learn the ropes of the business. Your post was very informative. How big is your pen? How much did you buy the chicks? Please post some financials to assist those of us yet to start.
Thanks and Godbless
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by AGEngines: 8:47am On Sep 13, 2012
nil

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.