Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria (92245 Views)

5 Yrs After Relocating To The U.K, Nigerian Doctor Shows Off His ‘blessing(pics) / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / Before You Come To Ireland!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by BigBashiru: 4:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
Limassol:

You may be right in some way but in this case, realistically speaking, his stance is in direct disagreement with the present social-economic situation of this country.

I mean the country is performing poorly in almost every aspect, its obvious and crystal clear . The facts and stats says it all. Its not a matter of ones perspective or views, but more about what the facts and figures says - which are all pointing towards a bleak future for this country (I don't get any pleasure saying this ,ya know, but sometimes you've got to be honest with yourself)

Sugar-coating or romanticizing the realities of Nigeria is counterproductive and in the long run won't do anyone any good.

the GDP of nigeria is growing. The real problem with nigeria is what is called monkey culture. what monkey culture means is that everyone is trying to take advantage of everyone else.... those in any position of authority be it landlord, nepa person restaurant supervisor, lecturer etc culturally use their position to take advantage of others or oppress others.... just like monkeys!

You will see someone driving uber and taxify, someone will pretend to be a passenger, rob him of the car, use the crime proceeds to smoke and carry girls... thats monkey culture....

6 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by planetx: 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2021
HopeUzodinma:

how Dem take make am? Yahoo? Nigeria kills dreams. e dey very very hard for a normal legit hustler to become billionaire here. almost impossible.
Very hard for a normal legit hustler to become a billionaire in the US, UK or Canada etc so what's your point.

1 Like

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by BigBashiru: 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2021
anonymous1759:
wink
It's easier said than done . After getting used to the comfortable life style you'll definitely miss your country for one thing.
I don't think someone with 100m will stay in another man's country as a second class citizen. No place like home no matter what .
But the leaders ain't trying .

read my immediate last three posts on this thread to understand the issue about nigeria. its not the leaders, its the people.....
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by tot(f): 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2021
kunkelhanspeter:

They have companies now that you can send your money and they will build house for you anywhere you want even in your village.
Sending money to your family members to build and buy property for you is waste of time and you are digging your grave.
I once lived in rural area and I have seen it happened many times one even run mad till today

Sure, there are developers and companies who sell either off plan or already built properties, but the guy's comment was that the bank will build it for him, I have never seen a bank act in such a capacity which was why I was asking him to clarify.

3 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by tot(f): 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2021
Limassol:

You may be right in some way but in this case, realistically speaking, his stance is in direct disagreement with the present social-economic situation of this country.

I mean the country is performing poorly in almost every aspect, its obvious and crystal clear . The facts and stats says it all. Its not a matter of ones perspective or views, but more about what the facts and figures says - which are all pointing towards a bleak future for this country (I don't get any pleasure saying this ,ya know, but sometimes you've got to be honest with yourself)

Sugar-coating or romanticizing the realities of Nigeria is counterproductive and in the long run won't do anyone any good.

That doesn't change the fact that HIS own reality could be different from yours and still be accurate. You can't generalise and assume the country is one way for everybody.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Cousin9999: 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
Nonsense. Ireland is a nice place, but once culture shock sets in and he finds himself dealing with the west Europe cost of living, he'll miss home and book a flight.

And that's a major advantage of going to Europe; they can visit often. He'll also be able to get quality food and other items from home.

He may even decide to invest and move back as a boss. You never know.

1 Like

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by ogbonti: 4:40pm On Feb 10, 2021
HopeUzodinma:

everything you mentioned and more is found in Nigeria. Ireland is better than Nigeria, 1million times...

for naija, pesin fit call you make u come follow him chop eba - for jand, no body go call you come chop ooo - and as new migrant wey probably no get paper - when him BTA finish and alarm start, him go sing a new tune. Most of us said what he is saying now, after 10 years, you want to relocate to naija and just be visiting jand. So he is new and that is why he is acting up grin

4 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Tywo2018: 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2021
They will not Deport you in IJN.. is not easy oo
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by ekerintee: 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2021
IT IS foolishness,No place Like Home .i have spent years away from naija and i dont have Plans of living my old age abroad.outside naija is for hussle .Life in naija is sweet when you get Money ,infact sweetest place to live.let him ASK nigerians in diaspora.when you have Money what are you looking for outside.he has Not faced discrimination.its cool to Visit Home once in a while . Some of this countries we envy took time to Develop their country,its Not a one day Thing ,even thou naija is Bad now,am still proud to be a Nigeria .

Tonymegabush1:
Home is home....

5 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by ekerintee: 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2021
ogbonti:

He never start to pay Bills ,when He start to pay,His mentality Go Change .You pay Bills Till you die .in naija ,u dont have to be paying monthly rent .The Money you will Use to buy a. House abroad is eqzuvalent to cost of almost 10 good Houses in Nigeria .Let him Go and ASK nigerians in Diaspora .abroad na to hussle ,Not to stay for ever

for naija, pesin fit call you make u come follow him chop eba - for jand, no body go call you come chop ooo - and as new migrant wey probably no get paper - when him BTA finish and alarm start, him go sing a new tune. Most of us said what he is saying now, after 10 years, you want to relocate to naija and just be visiting jand. So he is new and that is why he is acting up grin

3 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2021
wallahi if I fly off this land
I fly off for ever
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2021
Emeka71:
Hello babe; please can we talk; my e-mail is emi_739@yahoo.co.uk
Hi. Send me a DM
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Limassol(m): 4:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
In
tot:

That doesn't change the fact that HIS own reality could be different from yours and still be accurate. You can't generalise and assume the country is one way for everybody.

No,it changes. Its called "fact" and facts don't care about ones opinions. Just to reinforce my position. Here are some fact pointing towards a bleak future for Nigeria.

•According to the UN about 83 million Nigerians live on less than a $ a day.
•Boko haram is currently the second most deadliest terrorist group after IS.
• According to the NBS, Nigeria unemployment stands at around 23%.
• the recent corruption perception index by TI ranks Nigeria 149 globally and second in west Africa.

I could go on on.

These are facts - which don't care about your opinion anyway.

And i am not generalising here. For one I never said all Nigerians are poor. It has never being the case in any country not even in the poorest country in the world - Niger, the elites are balling and rolling in $$, but it still doesn't negate the fact the masses are poor and living in abject poverty, aside other tough realities.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by ekerintee: 4:56pm On Feb 10, 2021
The Problem in Nigeria is the people and govt .Nigeria is one of the best Land in the world .with vast Ressources ,Not only the govt is Bad but the mentality of Most nigerians are Bad .The Bad one try to kill the good ones .somebody Comes Home after working hard ,the Bad people Kills him and they blame govt .Nigeria s Problem is complicated

BigBashiru:

read my immediate last three posts on this thread to understand the issue about nigeria. its not the leaders, its the people.....

1 Like

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by tot(f): 4:57pm On Feb 10, 2021
Limassol:
In

No,it changes. Its called "fact" and facts don't care about ones opinions. Just to reinforce my position. Here are some fact pointing towards a bleak future for Nigeria.

• the recent corruption perception index by TI ranks Nigeria 149 globally and second in west Africa.

I could go on on.

And i am not generalising here. For one I never said all Nigerians are poor. It has never being the case in any country not even in the poorest country in the world - Niger, the elites are balling and rolling in $$, but it still doesn't negate the fact the masses are poor and living in abject poverty, aside other tough realities.

There are multiple meanings of the word fact:
1- the truth about events as opposed to interpretation.
2- information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article

By fact, I meant the first one. Despite the GDP and other figures you have posted (which are your own facts/figures re: no 2 meaning), there are people successfully thriving in Nigeria. That is a fact.

1 Like

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by fof1: 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2021
LMS1:
Fellow 'Badbelle' Nigerians Lets Us Pray For Him:
"oh Lord Let Nnayi Be Deported Amen"

LMAO! grin
#undertheinfluence

Joke Joke...U are Sick Really.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by AdaAwka1: 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2021
Draslo:

The idea of sending money home to family for projects such as building or buying a house is archaic. The bank will do the same four you without premium tears.

Bank go buy house for you?

1 Like

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Asour: 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
Draslo:

The idea of sending money home to family for projects such as building or buying a house is archaic. The bank will do the same for you without premium tears.

Which bank would supervise your building projects?

Nigerian banks that keep charging me maintenance for a never-before-used ATM card?

1 Like

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Faithful007: 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ekeeyhandsome:
I remembered saying same thing..but the truth is, after few years,you will get use to the system and everything there .. that's when u go remember say no place like home ..
exactly, was looking for who will say this. they don't know that after a few years, life becomes boring, and you'll be counting down to visiting Nigeria. anyone abroad for many years who has never visited Nigeria, is either too poor, is staying illegally, or is simply ashamed because of underachievment. they're the ones who brag to their Nigerian friends about how they're "enjoying" and will never come back.

5 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by ekerintee: 5:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
This is Just Western propanda ,un comparing naira and Dollar is wrong.its to Paint africa AS living in poverty.there are some countries in Europe where there are high rate of unemploynent,all the youth have migrated .The monthly wage in those country is less than 500 euros monthly

Limassol:
In

I could go on on.

2 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by AdaAwka1: 5:04pm On Feb 10, 2021
BigBashiru:

the GDP of nigeria is growing. The real problem with nigeria is what is called monkey culture. what monkey culture means is that everyone is trying to take advantage of everyone else.... those in any position of authority be it landlord, nepa person restaurant supervisor, lecturer etc culturally use their position to take advantage of others or oppress others.... just like monkeys!

You are absolutely correct
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by meemee(m): 5:09pm On Feb 10, 2021
Why is it that people hate Nigeria so much?
This is one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Limassol(m): 5:14pm On Feb 10, 2021
ekerintee:
This is Just Western propanda ,un comparing naira and Dollar is wrong.its to Paint africa AS living in poverty.there are some countries in Europe where there are high rate of unemploynent,all the youth have migrated .The monthly wage in those country is less than 500 euros monthly

Can you name the country?
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Limassol(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
tot:

There are multiple meanings of the word fact:
1- the truth about events as opposed to interpretation.
2- information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article

By fact, I meant the first one. Despite the GDP and other figures you have posted (which are your own facts/figures re: no 2 meaning), there are people successfully thriving in Nigeria. That is a fact.

It seems you only choose what you want to believe. But nice try though.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Myself2(m): 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
That man should pray that none of his Family members saw this his Post and saved it.

Because,.... After spending some time over there and he has made some reasonable progress and some money, he'll definitely be tempted to make some investment in This same Nigeria that he's Cursing and he'll start sending money back home to his family members to build him a house and acquire properties for him on his behalf bla bla bla,... without him knowing that those same family members saw his post on social media on how he swore that "he'll never return to Nigeria" grin.... And I can assure you, even if that man sends Heaven and Earth back to his family members to invest for him on his behalf, the money will most definitely be channeled elsewhere because after all he said "that he'll never return to Nigeria".

Meanwhile as the man is over there overseas and As a typical Nigerian Man, he'll Definitely be Tempted to Return back to Nigeria one day inorder to see if Truely the money he has been sending all these while is being put to good use because Nigerian men don't Joke with their Money and Sweat especially when it's gotten through Serious Hard Labour and then, ... He'll receive the shock of his life when he discovers that all the money he's been sending, nothing was done with it, and the devilish one's in that his family will also tell him
"After all you said that you would never return to Nigeria" and they'll also show him Screenshot of that his Particular Statement grin grin,....Las las it'll end in Weeping and gnashing of teeth for him if care is not taken grin grin grin

I think it's actually poverty mentality that makes people say once they get overseas, they'll never go back to Nigeria.
I think it's actually poor people, not just financially poor but mentally poor people as well. Have you ever heard Otedola's children, Adenuga's children, Jim Ovia's children, even children of company executives, private business men who pop in and out of many European and North American countries whenever they like, have you ever heard them say they won't come back to Nigeria? NEVER but these poor in pocket and poor in mind folks who seem to lack self belief will never stop yapping about how they will never set foot again in Nigeria once they set foot abroad.
Jeez, wake up all ye of no faith and plenty fikkle mindedness and have some self belief that you can conquer multiple overseas countries and still go to your country at will

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by tot(f): 5:18pm On Feb 10, 2021
Limassol:

It seems you only choose what you want to believe. But nice try though.

No, that's not true. You are the one that chooses to see it that way.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by BigBashiru: 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
meemee:
Why is it that people hate Nigeria so much?
This is one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

nigeria has 365 days of summer.... hard to beat.... and a social culture... in the west loneliness is a big problem....

2 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by ekerintee: 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2021
Limassol:

I stay in Europe and worked with people from Other europeans country.This people are also hustlers .If they give you free Visa to such country,u will Prefer to remain in naija.Atleast you can hussle and so Things in naija,absolutely nothing there .i dont need to mention name.people in Europe Know those countries .The Western Television will never Tell you that some people sleep on streets ,some people are jobless and homeless.these are the truth

Can you name the country?
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by BigBashiru: 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2021
ekerintee:
IT IS foolishness,No place Like Home .i have spent years away from naija and i dont have Plans of living my old age abroad.outside naija is for hussle .Life in naija is sweet when you get Money ,infact sweetest place to live.let him ASK nigerians in diaspora.when you have Money what are you looking for outside.he has Not faced discrimination.its cool to Visit Home once in a while . Some of this countries we envy took time to Develop their country,its Not a one day Thing ,even thou naija is Bad now,am still proud to be a Nigeria .

Nigeria is "sweet" but this is only from a social aspect. the culture of the inhabitants is unserious and grossly irresponsible. this is why nothing works... you will enjoy nigeria until one day it fails you - thats when you will vow never to come back....
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Limassol(m): 5:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
[quote author=ekerintee post=98938729][/quote]

I suspect you are talking about mostly Eastern European countries and post-soviet countries, such as Georgia, Ukraine , Armenia e.t.c

But this wasn't the point and I never argued that anyway. Besides, no Well-informed Nigerian will make such an ill-thought out decision of migrating to a poor European country as its a dead end.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
LikeAking:

The country is not that baaaaaaaaaaaaad.

We listen to too much of negative Niaja news.

Do you know how much billions ppl are making for Niaja?

They wont broadcast this one.
Because they wnt the poor to remain poor.

how much have you made personally? And it is not all about money. What about security? Electricity and ETC?
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Limassol(m): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2021
tot:

No, that's not true. You are the one that chooses to see it that way.

No, your whole argument revolves around the notion "but some people are thriving successfully in Nigeria" which wasn't even my argument let alone the point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.