Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria (92255 Views)

5 Yrs After Relocating To The U.K, Nigerian Doctor Shows Off His ‘blessing(pics) / Begging Attitude: White Man Married To Nigerian Lady Vows Never To Visit Nigeria / Before You Come To Ireland!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Jonathan39: 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2021
Even in America, you don't turn to a millionaire or billionaire over night. There is always a problem with any country where people become billionaire's over night without any one asking questions
Dalil8:
Mumu boy

No be this same naija wey ppl dey turn multi millionaires/billionaires overnight?

Naija no favor u no mean say e no favor others.
After like 10 years u go know say no country sweet pass naija.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by ogbonti: 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2021
[quote author=ekerintee post=98937947][/quote]

I am one of those Nigerians in the diaspora, I didnt mention bills payment because like you rightly said- he hasnt started paying bills yet so body still dey catch am- when him give oyinbo woman belle or divorce oyinbo woman and alimony and child support join, hmmmmm - okokobioko, grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by ekerintee: 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2021
Some of Our naija people have turned to Manual laborers on farms in Europe .they do those Kind of Things aboki do in naija.They are used to harvest crops ,this are Jobs they will never do in naijamThe Bond in Europe is so Strong and you will never notice If Some european countries are poor .They Help themself,the rich countries Support the poor ones ,they allow europeans nationals to Work in any country.They consider them before thinking of giving any Job to a foreigner .

Limassol:

I suspect you are talking about mostly Eastern European countries and post-soviet countries, such as Georgia, Ukraine , Armenia e.t.c

But this wasn't the point and I never argued that anyway. Besides, no Well-informed Nigerian will make such an ill-thought out decision of migrating to a poor European country as its a dead end.

4 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by tot(f): 5:40pm On Feb 10, 2021
Limassol:

No, your whole argument revolves around the notion "but some people are thriving successfully in Nigeria" which wasn't even my argument let alone the point.

Your first comment: Didn't bother replying him. People like him are "disconnected from reality".
My point remains that you don't know his reality so you cannot say he is disconnected from reality.

1 Like

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by dolphii: 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2021
pray to God make u no one day sleep for island con wake up for lagos o. just like the story of student wey sleep for Unilag con wake up for MkO Abiola University.

In life, Never say Never!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by ekerintee: 5:47pm On Feb 10, 2021
ogbonti:

I never See any Ibo man in Europe who does Not Go Home .they hussle Like tomoro No day ,all the Money goes Back Home.That Money is for Business at Home ,they Go and enjoy their labour at Home .some Run Home Düring Winter and come Back in Summer .The system abroad does Not allow you to save,everything Must Go Back to them ,smart people find a Way to save for old age ,u pay for Radio Tax etc .At a Point in Life ,when you get old ,u No longer fancy the Life abroad ,its a boring place to live for old people ,No Body to Take Care of them .in naija ,u Go See one small child come stay with grandma ,abroad ,u are on your own

I am one of those Nigerians in the diaspora, I didnt mention bills payment because like you rightly said- he hasnt started paying bills yet so body still dey catch am- when him give oyinbo woman belle or divorce oyinbo woman and alimony and child support join, hmmmmm - okokobioko, grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by UKBobo(m): 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2021
covid dey for your nyash
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by ogbonti: 5:50pm On Feb 10, 2021
[quote author=ekerintee post=98939477][/quote]

Abroad for old age no be am oooo - just go for check up once every other 6 months and return to naija wink
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by CSTRR: 5:52pm On Feb 10, 2021
I must leave this country.

Switzerland, Germany, Finland or Canada.

One of them must click this year.

2 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Limassol(m): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
tot:

Your first comment: Didn't bother replying him. People like him are "disconnected from reality".
My point remains that you don't know his reality so you cannot say he is disconnected from reality.

I still stand firmly on my first comment. The way he was romanticizing Nigeria one would thought all is going smoothly with the country when even a blind man knows better.

When a rich guy sitting from the comfort of his sofa in Lekki or Maiatama paint Nigeria as some El- Dorado ,then, its obvious either they are being dishonest or are genuinely "disconnected from reality".

Of course, some are making it big in Nigeria, but proportionally speaking, they are a tiny minority , as the poor , who live hand to mouth constitute majority of the population.

Ever heard of income per capita or rather HDI? basically, it focus on the average citizen and his welfare. The average Nigerian lives hand to mouth aside enduring other government failure like poor public services and so on.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by UKBobo(m): 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2021
Fmghewzy:
People act as though Nigeria is the worst place on earth,no thanks to all the negative news from the media.
Despite that people are still making it in this country.

But that is actually the way it is,bad news sells better than good news.
So you are most likely not gonna hear of good things happening in the country.

You never see crime news for Naija in the last 6 months alone. On the index of violence, it is in the Top Ten. Many people leave not just for them, but for a fair opportunity for their children.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by tot(f): 5:57pm On Feb 10, 2021
Limassol:

I still stand firmly on my first comment. The way he was romanticizing Nigeria one would thought all is going smoothly with the country when even a blind man knows better.

When a rich guy sitting from the comfort of his sofa in Lekki or Maiatama paint Nigeria as some El- Dorado ,then, its obvious either they are being dishonest or are genuinely "disconnected from reality".

Of course, some are making it big in Nigeria, but proportionally speaking, they are a tiny minority , as the poor , who live hand to mouth constitute majority of the population.

Ever heard of income per capita or rather HDI? basically, it focus on the average citizen and his welfare. The average Nigerian lives hand to mouth aside enduring other government failure like poor public services and so on.

That's your choice - you can stand on whatever you want to stand on, but you can't speak for anyone including whoever chooses to romanticize Nigeria. It is THEIR choice, deal with it.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Limassol(m): 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2021
[quote author=tot post=98939734]

That's your choice - you can stand on whatever you want to stand on, but you can't speak for anyone including whoever chooses to romanticize Nigeria. [/b]It is THEIR choice, deal with it [b] . [quote]

Quite a ridiculous reply to be honest! Was actually expecting something constructive. Anyway, nice try though.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by tot(f): 6:00pm On Feb 10, 2021
Limassol:

Quite a ridiculous reply to be honest! Was actually expecting something constructive. Anyway, nice try though.

Your problem.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by kinkykinky2: 6:01pm On Feb 10, 2021
tellwisdom:
U no see say Na pringles he de chop?. He has arrived

grin
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Limassol(m): 6:04pm On Feb 10, 2021
tot:

Your problem.

Na, I got no problems with you or your views and opinions, still doesn't mean I won't tackle misinformed notions though.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by tot(f): 6:05pm On Feb 10, 2021
Limassol:

Na, I got no problems with you or your views and opinions, still doesn't mean I won't tackle misinformed notions though.

Misinformed indeed. Anyway, as I said, it's your problem.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:07pm On Feb 10, 2021
Dalil8:
Mumu boy

No be this same naija wey ppl dey turn multi millionaires/billionaires overnight?

Naija no favor u no mean say e no favor others.
After like 10 years u go know say no country sweet pass naija.

SHUT UP!!!
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Limassol(m): 6:11pm On Feb 10, 2021
tot:

Misinformed indeed. Anyway, as I said, it's your problem.

Madam we are talking about a country whose nearly half of its population live below a dollar a day. Haba! Not even the swiss or the Norwegians think about their country this way.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by DOCU(m): 6:11pm On Feb 10, 2021
ogbonti:

Yet, not like Nigeria, the worst country on earth. Remember: Queen Elizabeth's cat enjoys life more than 100 million Nigerians.
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by eejo(m): 6:16pm On Feb 10, 2021
I love Nigeria and nothing can ever make me to say such a statement. Currently, am in Europe to make money and will surely return to my Father land. There is no place like home.

1 Like

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by LifeOfTrigga(m): 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2021
One Escaped cool
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by providencia(m): 6:26pm On Feb 10, 2021
ogbonti:

Johnny just come - na body still dey catch am - when racism hit am twice, social discrimination tear am slap double double, bad winter konk am for head gba gba gba, employment discrimination bite him ear and housing allocation bias put pepper for him eye - he will start singing

"Oh my home, Oh my home - when shall I see my home? When shall I see my native land, I will never forget my home" grin grin grin grin
Abeg he don do.. My niece come here first time in their life dem no fit wait to go back. One cry when nepa seize light. They well or not their govt must park drug for them wen dem they come. Them even show me video of person wen commit suicide because of deportation. Tribalism worst pass racism? Abi social discrimation worst pass poverty in world poverty capital?
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Akolawole(m): 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2021
He is a joker!

He is a JJC and will soon know.

He can only fool people who are ignorant of how other side is.

Yes, western world is better than Nigeria but....

2 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by ogbonti: 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2021
providencia:

Abeg he don do.. My niece come here first time in their life dem no fit wait to go back. One cry when nepa seize light. They well or not their govt must park drug for them wen dem they come. Them even show me video of person wen commit suicide because of deportation. Tribalism worst pass racism? Abi social discrimation worst pass poverty in world poverty capital?

no worry - who no go no know - make you sell everything you get and jump enter plane come Europe, make you come enjoy sweetness wey dey -Thx
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Onuoha1234(m): 6:32pm On Feb 10, 2021
Ñigeria will not miss you. You remain there as second class.

1 Like

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2021
Anything to leave this country is a welcome development wlh, atleats you will live a peaceful life and prosperity, no bokoharm, herdsmen, no cultists, free medical care, in this country you are poor problem you are rich problem, even in-laws will not allow you to rest
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by BigBashiru: 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2021
eejo:
I love Nigeria and nothing can ever make me to say such a statement. Currently, am in Europe to make money and will surely return to my Father land. There is no place like home.

when you come back you will face sars, herdsmen, ritualists, non functioning police, rogue money oriented hospitals.... hope you survive them all.....
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by providencia(m): 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2021
ogbonti:

no worry - who no go no know - make you sell everything you get and jump enter plane come Europe, make you come enjoy sweetness wey dey -Thx
If you wan go abroad u must get paper and before ohibo give u paper dem go make sure say u self dey well and provision dey already dey wait u. Who nor get paper to me no dey live for europe. Na dem dey complain pass. My niece na citizens and them dey enjoy the sweetness. Wetin naija citizens don gain from their govt self. Why person go sell all he properties to travel. He dey mad na. My people get property here sara..
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by GeneviveHuby: 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2021
He actually has nothing to do with contraption. But he will come back. He will definitely come back to Biafra. Nnanyi daalu!
Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 7:09pm On Feb 10, 2021
>
GOOD RIDDANCE!

The Irish were probably the world’s first modern “economic refugees”
The Irish fled abroad in droves, but persisted and built their own country themselves.

Don’t be such an ignorant leech
Nigeria’s condition is the culmination of the actions (of commission or omission) of Nigerians!

>

2 Likes

Re: Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2021
ekerintee:
Some of Our naija people have turned to Manual laborers on farms in Europe .they do those Kind of Things aboki do in naija.They are used to harvest crops ,this are Jobs they will never do in naijamThe Bond in Europe is so Strong and you will never notice If Some european countries are poor .They Help themself,the rich countries Support the poor ones ,they allow europeans nationals to Work in any country.They consider them before thinking of giving any Job to a foreigner .

Bro, Nigeria is an anti-citizen ,anti-labour and anti-education country. That's why many pals shy away from some type of work in this country.A graduate in pH is being paid 18 k to teach full time ,yet he is still being owed. Minimum wage can't keep a family of four for a month.95% of firms don't pay by the hour and still tie there workers down with ridiculous wages. Which part of the labour laws in this country favours the working class?
No effective quality control , price regulation or consumer protection agencies. no steady light or good infrastructure or even security...............

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) / My Experience In UK Since I Japa:WARNING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.