Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,286 members, 7,954,141 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:57 PM

My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? (29371 Views)

7 Types Of Giving In The Church / Prophet Fufeyin: Now Is The Time To Display Your Wealth By Giving To The Needy / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Markapela77: 1:05am On Feb 22, 2021
Support this argument with a verse from the bible
HopeVictor:
Giving to people is also the same as giving to God..but if you must go to Church you also have to give a tangible offering to the Lord..
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Markapela77: 1:06am On Feb 22, 2021
Potato potato
U're saying the same thing
How does God come down to collect the offerings
Akakanfirstclass:
mehhnn!....

Giving to people in need is one thing on it own...

and the best form of giving on this planet.. is giving where it is needed...

Your doing the right thing..

but let me help you sir..

You don't give to church..
as in don't see it as giving to church (the administrators of the denomination)

but when you give in church, give to God, not as a gift, but as a sacrifice, and if it is a sacrifice to the most high, it should be a sacrifice worthy gift...
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by pusapou(m): 1:43am On Feb 22, 2021
God is NOT begging for the gifts/ offering like the pastors put it. He is the owner of the thousand cattle on the hills. Dem dey use that giving stuff enter people
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by okezuoemmanue(m): 5:21am On Feb 22, 2021
The seats in the church, the public addressing systems, the air conditioners, the church building, and so on, na #40 they take buy dem abi

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by beyondPen(m): 6:29am On Feb 22, 2021
Nothing is wrong with you sir.

There are lots of people like you.

Infact the bible said, "True religion is given to the needy, widows and orphans".

pastors these days don't preach salvation rather money. Imagining one pastor preaching about forex in church.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Leogreat5: 7:20am On Feb 22, 2021
To me ,your instinct/ spirit of giving is right. U have a clear picture of some these pastors and decided to render help were it's most needed. I will do same if I were in your shoes.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Skinkerjnr(m): 8:03am On Feb 22, 2021
naijadrivablog:
If Solomon gave to people more than he gave God, he won't be the wisest man that ever liveth.

Giving to the needy/poor is also GIVING but can not take the place of Giving to God.

Don't judge what the church leaders do with your offering, which is not commensurate with the way you have been blessed.

There are different types of offerings, give to God what is His and to Caesar what is Caesar's.
U are not making any sense broda
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Lomprico2: 9:15am On Feb 22, 2021
PervertProphet:

Well, you are a foolish Christian just like the 5foolish virgins-another convo told by Jesus.

It's not hard to discern how you need to help the church with your finance if truly your heart is there to light more men for the kingdom of heaven.

look at this hungry pastor wanna be. cheesy the op did not say he never gave to the church, he did but not as much as he gives to the needy and there is nothing wrong with that. Matt 25:40 sums it all.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Mofranky(f): 9:49am On Feb 22, 2021
Me I like your style of giving jare
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by naijadrivablog: 10:32am On Feb 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

Tell God to come in person so that we give it to Him directly!

Else, we will keep using the proxy Jesus Himself asked us to use — Mtt 25:35-45. Read this verse from the Judge Himself!

May God forgive you.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Juliearth(f): 11:18am On Feb 22, 2021
Sermwell:
I have over time realised that I find it difficult to give larger amount of money in church. Most times I struggle to give #50 or even #20 as offerings in church. But I have always find it easy to give large sums to persons in need in and outside the church.

Quite recently, a brother accosted me in church with some challenges about his wife's childbirth in the hospital, I went with him and paid off 45k to discharge them. Aside him, I have given up to 100k (if not more) to persons in need this month alone.

But I struggle so hard to give larger sums in church. Even today, I gave #40 as offering in church when I actually have larger denominations in my wallet.

Funny enough, on my way out of the church today, I met my school mate and we went to my house together, although he didn't state categorically that he's in need, but he told me how he has been out of job for 3 months now. After the visit, I gave him 10k from the same wallet I gave #40 as offering in church today.

My question is, what could possibly be wrong with my giving in church? Is it trust issues or I consider it better to give to persons instead of the church?? Is anything wrong with my style of giving??

I need answers please!!

I think you should have a mental overhaul as it relates to giving. You need to realign your mindset on this issue. I feel you give peanuts as offering because you feel these funds would be disbursed into the pastors' accounts. How about you see it this way; Thus, your tithe and offering is key towards the propagation of the kingdom of God. It also extends towards helping the less privileged in the church, missionaries in field, orphans in orphanages, etc.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by gideonvalor98(m): 11:32am On Feb 22, 2021
studentofTruth:

The message is as clear as water.

If you truly understand the verses you quoted, how is my earlier comment to the op post in contradictory to this verses?
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by gentlegenius(m): 11:51am On Feb 22, 2021
Akakanfirstclass:

mehnnn....

to cut long story short...

men of God too are humans... especially, d full time clergymen...
hence the church should support their(church leaders) basic materialistic needs
(I said needs not wants or lust on luxury)..

so because these clergymen intercedes for the church... as a full time job...
it is very reasonable to sacrifice to God, knowing that the clergymen will benefit too..

abi make them go steal ?
manner don't fall from heaven, they fall from ur pocket
Paul was also a clergyman, who intercedes for the Church in different countries, but he didn't depend on the church for survival. Read Acts 20: 33-35.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by themanderon: 11:57am On Feb 22, 2021
The church needs money to procure materials and gadgets to spread the word of God. These things cost money and this money cannot come from vacuum. It is from the offerings that you give that they use to make such expenses. Your church may also have workers to pay and other utility bills to pay so where do you expect the money to come from? The pastor? If your pastor is not using the money from offerings wisely then he will have to answer to God and pay dearly for his sins. There is one that I know from the 90's who let me say did not represent his post as a Reverend well then. He ended his career in shame and disgrace so that's it. You must not allow the devil to deprive you of the blessings from offerings because of your fears of what its gona be used for.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by samtol4(m): 2:28pm On Feb 22, 2021
20 naira as offering? hmm
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by sunnyfats: 6:59pm On Feb 22, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I sense lack of trust because if you trusted the leaders to be able to use the money judiciously as you do, you wouldn't have any reason to be less generous to them as you do to others.

I don't think you should be concerned though since you are helping those who are needy including some members of the church because that's actually the whole point of giving - to help the poor and needy, not the rich. That's why after giving in the Bible, the disciples distributed it to the members of the church according to their needs. Acts 4:34-35

I think what you should be more concerned about is why you've remained with a church where you so distrust the leaders?

May God reward you for your kindness and generosity to the poor and needy. Amen!

God bless.

You just took the words out of my mouth.
God bless you..

As for the OP, continue as led...

I hope you know the Lord you are working for?
I also hope you are born again...

If the answer to the above is yes, then continue as led.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by PervertProphet: 8:13am On Feb 23, 2021
Lomprico2:

look at this hungry pastor wanna be. cheesy the op did not say he never gave to the church, he did but not as much as he gives to the needy and there is nothing wrong with that. Matt 25:40 sums it all.

Okay!

Hungry satanist wannabe.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Lomprico2: 8:25am On Feb 23, 2021
PervertProphet:

Okay!

Hungry satanist wannabe.

at least satanist dont fleas their members! fake pastor wannabe
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Coolgent(m): 8:37am On Feb 23, 2021
Sermwell:
I have over time realised that I find it difficult to give larger amount of money in church. Most times I struggle to give #50 or even #20 as offerings in church. But I have always find it easy to give large sums to persons in need in and outside the church.

Quite recently, a brother accosted me in church with some challenges about his wife's childbirth in the hospital, I went with him and paid off 45k to discharge them. Aside him, I have given up to 100k (if not more) to persons in need this month alone.

But I struggle so hard to give larger sums in church. Even today, I gave #40 as offering in church when I actually have larger denominations in my wallet.

Funny enough, on my way out of the church today, I met my school mate and we went to my house together, although he didn't state categorically that he's in need, but he told me how he has been out of job for 3 months now. After the visit, I gave him 10k from the same wallet I gave #40 as offering in church today.

My question is, what could possibly be wrong with my giving in church? Is it trust issues or I consider it better to give to persons instead of the church?? Is anything wrong with my style of giving??

I need answers please!!
Keep on helping those in need, you are on right track.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Coolgent(m): 8:41am On Feb 23, 2021
naijadrivablog:
If Solomon gave to people more than he gave God, he won't be the wisest man that ever liveth.

Giving to the needy/poor is also GIVING but can not take the place of Giving to God.

Don't judge what the church leaders do with your offering, which is not commensurate with the way you have been blessed.

There are different types of offerings, give to God what is His and to Caesar what is Caesar's.
Dont be Misguid by this agent.
Helping the needy is same as giving to almighty God.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by naijadrivablog: 9:10am On Feb 23, 2021
Coolgent:

Dont be Misguid by this agent.
Helping the needy is same as giving to almighty God.

Who said it is not Read with Comprehension
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by UgoFly: 9:36am On Feb 23, 2021
naijadrivablog:

And what happened to the Solomon and the temple after? Temple that God Himself allowed Babylonians to destroy? Solomon that ended up worshipping other gods?

The temple today is you and I. 1 Cor 6 v 19. Jesus said it over and over again that what matters is what you give to those in need. Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers that you do unto me. He didn't say whatsoever you do to the church. Now, this doesn't mean you shouldn't give to a Church, you believe in but giving to the Church is secondary not like the churches today are painting it. There are so many fake churches today and pastors using the money to enrich themselves so anyone that decides to give more to the needy is not doing outside the will of God. What matters at the end of the day is his heart. Dear OP, are you a true believer? Alms giving is great in the kingdom but it is useless without truly believing in Christ Jesus and living your life in accordance to His will. Also find a church you believe is good cos that is what will convince you to give more to them but don't let anyone guilt trip you into giving more to church than people in need. Under the new covenant, there are many blessings promised to those who give to the needy if done properly Matt 6 1-4, Luke 6:38.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by UgoFly: 9:37am On Feb 23, 2021
naijadrivablog:

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by PervertProphet: 10:09am On Feb 23, 2021
Lomprico2:

at least satanist dont fleas their members! fake pastor wannabe

Says an ignorant Satanist wannabe.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by 4X4: 1:52am On Feb 26, 2021
i have an eye problem i need donations this is my bank account details FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA 3090279796
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by 4X4: 1:52am On Feb 26, 2021
i have an eye problem i need donations this is my bank account details FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA 3090279796.
i have an eye problem i need donations this is my bank account details FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA 3090279796..
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by 4X4: 1:53am On Feb 26, 2021
i have an eye problem i need donations this is my bank account details FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA 3090279796.....
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by 4X4: 1:53am On Feb 26, 2021
i have an eye problem i need donations this is my bank account details FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA 3090279796.......
i have an eye problem i need donations this is my bank account details FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA 3090279796.......
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by 4X4: 1:56am On Feb 26, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Celestial Church Members In Court For Rape, Organ Harvesting In Lagos / 10 'little' Things We Forget To Thank God For / Church Members Roll In Mud Water After Falling Under Anointing (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.