Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? (28985 Views)

7 Types Of Giving In The Church / Prophet Fufeyin: Now Is The Time To Display Your Wealth By Giving To The Needy / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 6:07pm On Feb 21, 2021
nineone:
Why would anyone wake up in the morning and decide to go to church? You even give them your 40 Naira? That's funny
Paying for the service of the priest
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by masterP042(m): 6:07pm On Feb 21, 2021
Op, bro, you're doing well. for the past 4 years, I don't think I've given up to 200 naira offering altogether. and I think I gave that when I visited my village church last year.
But last week alone I've helped 2 people with quite a substantial amount of money, one was a random stranger, the other a very close friend who was sick.

Giving money to private jet owners, while your immediate family and friends beg for money or are in need is just a mix of foolishness and wickedness

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by NadineWorkSpace(f): 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2021
tooloadedtofail:
Your conscience is apparently disturbing you and that is why you find no peace in your heart and you are here to seek such.

Unfortunately, nairaland is no such place to find the truth. Faceless commentators, some of whom have no heart for (and lost their places in) God's kingdoms will seek to counsel you to join them. Only the truth in God's word will set free

Remember these two scriptures:

1. Thou shalt love the Lord with all thy heart, and all thy soul and all thy might. Then (after), thou shalt love thy neighbor. (God will never take a less place than your friends)

2. Why this waste? Why was this perfume not sold and money given to the poor? Then Jesus said, the poor you will always have, but me, you will not always have...(Giving to Jesus and the poor are different)

Let's be clear, one day you will see that Jesus stands to receive all you drop towards his course on this Earth (majorly for souls) and he has account of everything. May you not stand condemned when you wake up suddenly at the other side and tell you that you were only a manager of his wealth but you would rather meet needs of people you know....

The same way the mockers on this platform believe that God rewards giving to the poor only, they will not tell you Jesus sees all you put into church treasury because he actually receives them spiritually (remember the widow's mites).

My brother, listen to your conscience, it's really trying to help you which is why you are desperately seeking for answers under it's weight.

If you don't feel blessed where you are, you can change environment. But let it not be that while other people give towards soul winning, welfare of less privileged (which most churches don't announce), adminstration of nurturing souls, let it not be that God's wealth in your hands to manage is not there. You will surely give account.

Best comment of the thread and sound doctrine. I will only remove one point which is the usual defence tactic. Which most churches do not announce. That's the shield used everything for resources irresponsibility.

I stand with you in truth. Giving to God and giving for giving sake is not the same thing
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Rossycee(f): 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2021
smile11s:

So who is going to spend the money you give to God? Why will God even need your money?
We were made to understand that Abel, Abraham, Melchizedek and alot of people of the old offered sacrifices to God. His servant (Priest, Pastor etc) will spend the money. God cannot come down from heaven to preach to you, he speaks through his prophets, that's the reason you go to church in the first place.

Again, the chairs you seat on, the church building, equipment etc were also bought from people's offerings. If everyone has the mindset of 'God does not need your money' then everyone will equally seat at their various houses.

When giving offering in church bear in mind that you are giving to God, that's the only way you can be blessed.

2 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Kayodeblaze(m): 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2021
trust me.... you can never lack!
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by shadeyinka(m): 6:10pm On Feb 21, 2021
naijadrivablog:
If Solomon gave to people more than he gave God, he won't be the wisest man that ever liveth.

Giving to the needy/poor is also GIVING but can not take the place of Giving to God.

Don't judge what the church leaders do with your offering, which is not commensurate with the way you have been blessed.

There are different types of offerings, give to God what is His and to Caesar what is Caesar's.
No sir!
Giving to God is giving to people in need.

Mat 25:34-40:
"Then shall the King say to them on his right hand, Come, you blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungered, and you gave me meat: I was thirsty, and you gave me drink: I was a stranger, and you took me in: Naked, and you clothed me: I was sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we you an hungered, and fed you? or thirsty, and gave you drink? When saw we you a stranger, and took you in? or naked, and clothed you? Or when saw we you sick, or in prison, and came to you? And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you have done it to one of the least of these my brothers, you have done it to me."

Do both but more of loving your neighbor as yourself!

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by ogascomax: 6:11pm On Feb 21, 2021
[quote author=Sermwell post=99277608]I have over time realised that I find it difficult to give larger amount of money in church. Most times I struggle to give #50 or even #20 as offerings in church. But I have always find it easy to give large sums to persons in need in and outside the church.

Quite recently, a brother accosted me in church with some challenges about his wife's childbirth in the hospital, I went with him and paid off 45k to discharge them. Aside him, I have given up to 100k (if not more) to persons in need this month alone.

But I struggle so hard to give larger sums in church. Even today, I gave #40 as offering in church when I actually have larger denominations in my wallet.

The challenge you are having is that you think you are giving to pastor. Whatsoever you do in the house of God you are doing it unto Christ. Remember Christ is the head of the church and your offering is an act of worship to God. Many people have this wrong perception about giving in the house of God. Some are asking if God spend money. Does juju eat sacrifices made to them. These are spiritual activities that we perform towards God. 1Cor 10:20.
But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. So when you bring offerings to God you are doing it to him. Now since he his God you don't just give money but you plan what you give. Pls don't be deceived what you give to people outside and what you take to God doesn't carry the same level of blessings. When your money enters a project that lead to saving of souls into God's kindom cannot be compared even if you pay someone school fees or house rent. Advancing the Kingdom is more important to God than someone over there that is hungry because God did not make the person hungry at the first place. Remember your giving to God is your defense mechanism against evil, protection over your money. Repent now and start building a defense around your money so that they day problem will strick your defense will be high. That is a warning and not an advice, neither am I threatening you pls. Truth is truth.

2 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by SirBunky85(m): 6:11pm On Feb 21, 2021
sunshineV:
lol ur spirit is woke but ur body is asleep as fvck. trust the process and never let yahoo pastors cashout from u. even that 40 naira is too much.
40 naira too much?hmm,ur own no be here o
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by 4X4: 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:
I have over time realised that I find it difficult to give larger amount of money in church. Most times I struggle to give #50 or even #20 as offerings in church. But I have always find it easy to give large sums to persons in need in and outside the church.

Quite recently, a brother accosted me in church with some challenges about his wife's childbirth in the hospital, I went with him and paid off 45k to discharge them. Aside him, I have given up to 100k (if not more) to persons in need this month alone.

But I struggle so hard to give larger sums in church. Even today, I gave #40 as offering in church when I actually have larger denominations in my wallet.

Funny enough, on my way out of the church today, I met my school mate and we went to my house together, although he didn't state categorically that he's in need, but he told me how he has been out of job for 3 months now. After the visit, I gave him 10k from the same wallet I gave #40 as offering in church today.

My question is, what could possibly be wrong with my giving in church? Is it trust issues or I consider it better to give to persons instead of the church?? Is anything wrong with my style of giving??

I need answers please!!

bro i have an eye problem i need donations
this is my bank account details

FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA 3090279796
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by 4X4: 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2021
Sermwell:
I have over time realised that I find it difficult to give larger amount of money in church. Most times I struggle to give #50 or even #20 as offerings in church. But I have always find it easy to give large sums to persons in need in and outside the church.

Funny enough, on my way out of the church today, I met my school mate and we went to my house together, although he didn't state categorically that he's in need, but he told me how he has been out of job for 3 months now. After the visit, I gave him 10k from the same wallet I gave #40 as offering in church today.

My question is, what could possibly be wrong with my giving in church? Is it trust issues or I consider it better to give to persons instead of the church?? Is anything wrong with my style of giving??

I need answers please!!

bro i have an eye problem i need donations
this is my bank account details

FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA 3090279796 .
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Queenserah26(f): 6:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
Akakanfirstclass:
mehhnn!....

Giving to people in need is one thing on it own...

and the best form of giving on this planet.. is giving where it is needed...

Your doing the right thing..

but let me help you sir..

You don't give to church..
as in don't see it as giving to church (the administrators of the denomination)

but when you give in church, give to God, not as a gift, but as a sacrifice, and if it is a sacrifice to the most high, it should be a sacrifice worthy gift...

Very true
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by smile11s(m): 6:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
Rossycee:

We were made to understand that Abel, Abraham, Melchizedek and alot of people of the old offered sacrifices to God. His servant (Priest, Pastor etc) will spend the money. God cannot come down from heaven to preach to you, he speaks through his prophets, that's the reason you go to church in the first place.

Again, the chairs you seat on, the church building, equipment etc were also bought from people's offerings. If everyone has the mindset of 'God does not need your money' then everyone will equally seat at their various houses.

When giving offering in church bear in mind that you are giving to God, that's the only way you can be blessed.

That was in the Old Testament. Jesus came in the New Testament and died for our sins. Greatest offering ever. He sacrificed Himself for us.

Bible talked about false prophets in the end times.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by dinomcjohn: 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
Op, my gentle advise to you is this: if you want to give to God, try to give sacrificially, that is, give an amount that you know is substantial enough. Do not give such very small amounts when you can do much better. Nobody has ever given to God and regretted. God the Almighty Provider will always bless you in multiple folds. It has happened to me several times. You can help others but make sure your offerings or your giving to God is higher. God is our source. We owe all we have to Him alone. God bless us all.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 21, 2021
Seems you dont trust the administration of your church.
I wish I had more to give in church.

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by studentofTruth: 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2021
naijadrivablog:
If Solomon gave to people more than he gave God, he won't be the wisest man that ever liveth.

Giving to the needy/poor is also GIVING but can not take the place of Giving to God.

Don't judge what the church leaders do with your offering, which is not commensurate with the way you have been blessed.

There are different types of offerings, give to God what is His and to Caesar what is Caesar's.

Tell God to come in person so that we give it to Him directly!

Else, we will keep using the proxy Jesus Himself asked us to use — Mtt 25:35-45. Read this verse from the Judge Himself!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by studentofTruth: 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2021
[quote author=ogascomax post=99289998][/quote]
Jesus didn't say that. What Jesus said is in Mtt 25:34-45.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Sermwell(m): 6:27pm On Feb 21, 2021
staga:

You go to church. This means you are not an atheist, and you at least believe that there is God.

Now you live in a world where you are alive, you breathe free air, SARS or other form of security operatives have never extorted you or had you framed for something grievous and all you can use to tell God thank you every Sunday is N40. Something you cannot even give to an olosho or a beggar.

Yet you come here bragging about your N40 exploit. Why not simply stop going to church let us know where you stand.
I don't like the way you sound brotherly!! I may have issues with giving big sums to church, but it doesn't in any way shows my ungratefulness to God! iam in every way grateful to God and that's part of the reasons I give to those in dire need!!

2 Likes

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Onelove508: 6:27pm On Feb 21, 2021
LadySarah:
In the same situation too. I was trying to adjust but after watching Johnson Suleiman's video, nah! let me keep giving to those genuinely in need.

haven't even been to church this year self. God help. me.

Which video?
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by ogascomax: 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2021
The truth is that it is poor and broke people that fight this giving to church of a thing. You can't give what you don't have. Rich people give to God and to men.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by studentofTruth: 6:29pm On Feb 21, 2021
Onelove508:

Which video?

Buying 3 private jets while the congregation is suffering Covid-19 lockdown and recession!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by studentofTruth: 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2021
ogascomax:
The truth is that it is poor and broke people that fight this giving to church of a thing. You can't give what you don't have. Rich people give to God and to men.

Rich people have charity foundations!

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by phorget(m): 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2021
You are doing well my brother.
It's better to be more charitable than given in all these scamming churches.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by phorget(m): 6:35pm On Feb 21, 2021
ogascomax:

Where is God please? I really want to give to him.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Onelove508: 6:36pm On Feb 21, 2021
studentofTruth:

Buying 3 private jets while the congregation is suffering Covid-19 lockdown and recession!

Oh! Oh! oh!
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Josewhite: 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2021
Whao! Dat kind of u. I don't thnk ur giving is bad, especially if u are paying ur TITHE.
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Sermwell(m): 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
pepperdemzombie:
Next time, don't bother dropping anything, people who can afford to give N10k, don't have N20 notes in their wallets. If they live off N20, they should have locked doors. Ironically, these are the type of people that will be groaning if they don't change to generator on time after power failure. Call for Love Feast, they will carry long throat to go and eat and collect gifts. Why not even pray in your room?
Aim achieved, you are on NL front page.
You sound funny thou! What to eat is not a problem for someone like me by the grace of God. I'm yet to have time to attend weddings of some acquaintances where I may eat to my fill, you are here talking of church love feast?Lol.....My wallet has most of the times all our naira denominations, except of course #5. I went to church today with about 13k, and only 6 or 7k was 1k denominations! You need to calm down brother!
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Rossycee(f): 6:43pm On Feb 21, 2021
smile11s:

That was in the Old Testament. Jesus came in the New Testament and died for our sins. Greatest offering ever. He sacrificed Himself for us.

Bible talked about false prophets in the end times.
Giving offering in church has nothing to do with false prophets. If you think your place of worship has a false prophet then you should consider changing your church.

1 Like

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Aparche(f): 6:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
[quote author=LadySarah post=99281143]In the same situation too. I was trying to adjust but after watching Johnson Suleiman's video, nah! let me keep giving to those genuinely in need.

haven't even been to church this year self. God help. me. [/quo

The worst thing a person would do to himself or herself is to base his/her Christianity on the behavior of another human being instead of a personal relationship with God based solely on His word. When you die & face God in judgement, nobody will be there with you, even the very person that misled you will not be there. It's only between you & your God!
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by zcee: 6:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
I prefer giving more to people in need than the church..
I don't see it as a big deal, blessings don't usually come from the church helping people can be of great blessings to the people who give out to the poor,for me it's just like a tithe to so let your conscience not judge you..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Sermwell(m): 6:54pm On Feb 21, 2021
ogascomax:
You lie Sir!!! Iam not broke and poor!!
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by Shugafree(m): 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2021
What more can i say.
Giving to GOD and giving to the needy are 2 different things but both are very important.

Pls can anyone who GOD has blessec and has human sympathy help.
I am DIEING of hunger.Nothing is to small.

Sterling Bank
Re: My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? by studentofTruth: 6:58pm On Feb 21, 2021
[quote author=Aparche post=99291061][/quote]
Jesus Himself told us what to do in Matthew 25:34-45

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What The Bible Said About One Wife And One Husband / Dolapo Osinbajo, Bishop T.D. Jakes And Pastor Paul Adefarasin Pictured Together / Reinhard Bonnke To Host Nigeria Gospel Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.