Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,047 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN (31570 Views)

Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture) / Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Uche Ekwunife Affirmed The Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2011
LOL. Witch hunt!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Onlytruth(m): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2011
@Ileke

You hurt my feelings. When was the last time I called you a fool?
In fact only Kobojunkie gets me to that stage of anger. . but I have taken some anger management class. grin

You gotta withdraw your post and apologize.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by dempeople(m): 10:09pm On Apr 10, 2011
lol.

@Uche Oluwale Ciroma. . . . u look younger than I thought (assuming its your pic).

@Ileki. . . you're not looking bad either. I wanna believe strongly that that's you.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Basseti: 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Basseti

I called you a re-tard because your post was full of logical somersaults.
You said there are people with "good reasons" to hate the Igboman, yet you allude to another supposed different outcome, which is that someone is tribalistic.

So, pray, what is the difference? undecided

Ok, let me clarify:
I think I muddled that statement by my choice of adjectives.
I meant hate the Igbo man with reasons that they feel are good. Is that better?

@Kanto
your point is taken, well taken.

I wasnt writing from my own personal view. I was writing from the perspectives of stuff I have read, people I have talked to and even postings on NL. My views are well different from that. But I am just putting out the reality.

Agreed, no reason good enuff to hate anyone.

PS I have been called r.etard before. So it gets old. Actually made me chuckle cheesy
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Ileke

You hurt my feelings. When was the last time I called you a fool?
In fact only Kobojunkie gets me to that stage of anger. .  but I have taken some anger management class. grin

You gotta withdraw your post and apologize.

Ok, sorry.
I'm going to fight with the next person that insults KoboJunkie tho  tongue

dem_people:

lol.

@Uche Oluwale Ciroma. . . . u look younger than I thought (assuming its your pic).

@Ileki. . . you're not looking bad either. I wanna believe strongly that that's you.
No, that's my cousin 20x removed.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by AljUche: 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2011
dem_people:

lol.

my brother lng time

how u dey smiley

the person in the pic is one of my relatives, he face is also on the internet

we look alike abit smiley

them people what do you think about ACN having seats in the east

is it wrong or right
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Sarahluv(f): 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2011
Dora in the senate!! Good stuff. I hope she brings her share of vibrancy to the table. She is tried and tested.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Kanto: 10:21pm On Apr 10, 2011
Basseti, just as i said earlier, like most bigots you are truly a product of ignorance. How did you come to the conclusion  or when did you do your referendum to conclude that most nigerians are wary of the Igboman When Igbos more than any other ethnic group are spread  and intergrated into practically every town and village in the country trading?

How did you conclude that Igbos are afraid to go the north when there are countless Igbos settled in the north?

How and when did you do a referendum to decide that most Igbos distrust yorubas?

You ignorant and primitive bigots just go around with fake names on the internet writing all kinds of fake unsubstantiated stuff full of bigotry.

With the kind of stupidity and ignorance displayed by you internet urchins little wonder nigeria is a dysfunctional nation where nothing works.

How can anything work when the nation is full of apes masquerading as human beings.

My advice is next time stick to the topic or stay silent if you dont have anything to contribute.

Nobody cares to know what you hate or dont hate as that is your own burden to bear. You dont need to bother people on nairaland with your own headache.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 10, 2011
Kanto:

Basseti, just as i said earlier, like most bigots you are truly a product of ignorance. How did you come to the conclusion  or when did you do your referendum to conclude that most nigerians are wary of the Igboman When Igbos more than any other ethnic group are spread  and intergrated into practically every town and village in the country trading?

How did you conclude that Igbos are afraid to go the north when there are countless Igbos settled in the north?

How and when did you do a referendum to decide that most Igbos distrust yorubas?

You ignorant and primitive bigots just go around with fake names on the internet writing all kinds of fake unsubstantiated stuff full of bigotry.

With the kind of stupidity and ignorance displayed by you internet urchins little wonder nigeria is a dysfunctional nation where nothing works.

How can anything work when the nation is full of apes masquerading as human beings.

My advice is next time stick to the topic or stay silent if you dont have anything to contribute.

Nobody cares to know what you hate or dont hate as that is your own burden to bear. You dont need to bother people on nairaland with your own headache.

Will you shut up already?

Did you bother to read his previous posts? Unnecessary rubbish.

Basseti:

@Kanto
your point is taken, well taken.

I wasnt writing from my own personal view. I was writing from the perspectives of stuff I have read, people I have talked to and even postings on NL. My views are well different from that. But I am just putting out the reality.

Agreed, no reason good enuff to hate anyone.

PS I have been called r.etard before. So it gets old. Actually made me chuckle cheesy
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Onlytruth(m): 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2011
Alj Harem "Uche", your IQ is not higher than that of a Kura (Hyena). cool

You create confusion in the camp of your prey by hunting in packs. (How many user names do you have here? 50? 100?)
Worst of all, you eat your prey (enemies) while they are still ALIVE. Very wicked and evil.

Why are you using a fake Igbo name while scheming mass murder against Ndigbo? Are you not ashamed of yourself?
No, how can a hyena be ashamed of his feeding tactics!  undecided

Your aim is singular: TO CREATE DISUNITY IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA.

A very evil man indeed. cry
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by EzeUche(m): 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2011
Nairaland is on fire. These fights are not the normal fights.

Even people who belong to the same state and ethnicity are fighting each other. shocked
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Etakime(m): 10:32pm On Apr 10, 2011
good I'm happy for ACN
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Basseti: 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ Kanto
Take a chill pill and read a little

I dont give a damn what U think about my postings, its the internet and U are free to post your views.

I told U that I wrote specifically from the discussion I have had with people, and U are there self-servicing all over your keyboard.

Is anyone arguing that the Igbo people are not fully integrated into the Nigerian fabric? Or are U just here to let out your weekend frustration on the net
I told U I have heard from Igbos calling going to the North a waste of time and security risk and U are here accusing me of heresy? The same argument that U pointed is what I also pointed out to them,  and I will quote U here:

Its either U tell me that NO Igbos think about the North that way or U just are raising dust for nothing. Admitting there is some deep rooted religious/tribal issues in Nigeria does not make one tribalistic, primitive or narrow minded. It just lays out the problem for everyone to see. And if u decide to deal with that by shooting the messenger rather than the message itself, then na u sabi.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ifyalways(f): 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2011
This thread is on its 13th and homepage YET the purpose for which the OP started it for is STILL hugely defeated.

Who won?and source?

Lots of fUcKeRy,bigotry,tribalism and what have u on here,hard to pick out anything worth reading.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by AljUche: 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

Alj Harem "Uche", your IQ is not higher than that of a Kura (Hyena). cool

You create confusion in the camp of your prey by hunting in packs.
Worst of all, you eat your prey (enemies) while they are still ALIVE. Very wicked and evil.

Why are you using a fake Igbo name while scheming mass murder against Ndigbo? Are you not ashamed of yourself?
No how can a hyena be ashamed of his feeding tactics!

Your aim is singular: TO CREATE DISUNITY IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA.

A very evil man indeed. cry

Onlytruth would you shut up

hypocrite, see who is talking about southern unity undecided

was it not you that was talking about how ACN should not be allowed to win in the east like it is a yoruba man that is going to rule you.

The have trusted igbos for decades now and allowed people of igbo extract to rule them in their lands, why can't igbos do the same.

I went to anambra the other day sometimes last year and i was told I could not buy a land because I am kanuri and not igbo enough,  angry what ethnocentric people

but yet igbos can go around to buy lands in other place without people complaining angry

You do not want Ngige just because his party is ACN not APGA (an igbo party) now tell me who is a tribalist here

I have not screamed anything against ndigbo but all i am saying is that

" if igbos do not like yorubas or any other groups then they should stop claiming detribalised"

" if a kanuri man can not buy a land in aligbo then no igbo should be allowed to buy a land in Borno"

"if a yoruba man can not rule igbos in their land then no igbo should rule any yoruba"

"if igbos call for justice then they should provide justice for the bad things they have done as well"

onlytruth, u talking about killing igbos in lagos, then i would be died as well because i am igbo as well
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Onlytruth(m): 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2011
By SaharaReporters, New York

These are the results confirmed so far from 94 senatorial districts where elections took place on April 9th across Nigeria.

District Party Winners

ABIA STATE

Abia South PDP Enyinnaya Abaribe
Abia North PDP Uche Chukwumerije
Abia Central PDP Nkechi Nwaogu

ADAMAWA STATE

Adamawa SOUTH PDP-Ahmed Hassan Barat

ANAMBRA STATE

Anambra SOUTH APGA- Chuma Nzeribe
Anambra CENTRAL -APGA- Dora Akunyili*

EBONYI STATE

Ebonyi NORTH PDP-Christopher Chukwuma

EDO STATE

Edo North ACN-Domingo Alaba Obende

Edo CENTRAL PDP-Elder Odion Ugbesia

ENUGU STATE

Enugu EAST PDP- Prince Gilbert Nnaji

Enugu West PDP-Ike Ekweremadu
Enugu North PDP- Ayogu Eze

GOMBE STATE

Gombe Central-PDP- Alh. Mohammed Danjuma Goje

KATSINA STATE

Katsina NORTH CPC
Katsina SOUTH CPC
Katsina CENTRAL CPC

KOGI STATE

ONDO STATE

Ondo NORTH LP- robert Ajayi Boroffice
Ondo South LP- Kunlere Boluwaji

BENUE STATE
Benue NORTH WEST-PDP- Bernabas Gemade
Benue SOUTH ACN/PDP- David Mark*

IMO STATE

PDP Kema Chikwe
PDP Osita Izunaso
PDP Matthew Ifeanyi Nwagwu

KWARA STATE

-Kwara CENTRAL PDP-Dr. Abubakar o. Saraki

-Kwara North-PDP-Mohammed Shaaba Lafia
-Kwara South-PDP-Simeion Sule Ajibola

LAGOS STATE

Lagos CENTRAL ACN-Oluremi Tinubu
Lagos EAST ACN- Gbenga Bareehu Ashafa

NASARAWA STATE

Nasarawa North CPC Solomon Ewuga
Nasarawa South PDP Suleiman Adokwe

OGUN STATE

Ogun CENTRAL ACN-Olugbenga Onaolapo
Ogun EAST ACN-Sefiu Adegbenga Kaka

OSUN STATE

Osun CENTRAL ACN-Olusola Adeyeye
Osun EAST ACN-omoworare Babajide Christopher
Osun WEST ACN-Mudashiru Oyetunde

OYO STATE

Oyo CENTRAL ACN-Ayoade Adeseun
Oyo SOUTH ACN-Olufemi Lanlehin

RIVERS STATE

Rivers EAST PDP George T Sekibo
Rivers SOUTH PDP Magnus Abe
Rivers WEST PDP Ake Wilson Asinobi
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by binhozie(m): 10:38pm On Apr 10, 2011
dem_people:

lol.

Its obvious flattery is not your strong point
Tell me about it  tongue
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Kanto: 10:38pm On Apr 10, 2011
Basseti, i posted before i saw your response, listen-up my dear, nigerians say all kinds of stuff about each other and write all kinds of stuff here on nairaland.  am sure you have heard and read a lot about practically every ethnic group.  most of these stuff are written and said by faceless cowards who can hardly say any of these things with their real identities or in the presence of those concerned.

Nairaland where all kinds of cowardly and frustrated charlatans congregate with fake names cannot be a reference point for any rational assumptions.

I can write whatever i like about any ethnic group in nairaland with a fake name, that does not make it rational.

next time learn to stay on the topic and avoid being an amplifier for the monkeyed ignorant and cowardly bigots that constitute a nuisance on cyberspace by disgorging their frustrations and failures in life on others. Such people need liberation
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Obiagu1(m): 10:39pm On Apr 10, 2011
@ OnlyTruth,

Some results put Andy Uba (PDP) winner in Anambra South
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by mensdept: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2011
ifyalways:

This thread is on its 13th and homepage YET the purpose for which the OP started it for is STILL hugely defeated.

Who won?and source?

Lots of fUcKeRy,bigotry,tribalism and what have u on here,hard to pick out anything worth reading.

Yes o,

Who won this zone? What's the latest on this election. Not looking for results from other states on this thread.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by dempeople(m): 10:43pm On Apr 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

No, that's my cousin 20x removed.

lol. Knew u would say sumfin like that. . .  wink

Alj Uche:

my brother lng time

how u dey smiley

the person in the pic is one of my relatives, he face is also on the internet

we look alike abit smiley

them people what do you think about ACN having seats in the east

is it wrong or right

Very good question. I'm not impressed as you may well know by now.

Well, first of all we must salute ACN for their savvy political strategies and tactics which have paid off for them in this election climate. Their political calculations paid off for them big time. For them to make inroads into the East signifies the failure of APGA to replicate what ACN did in the SW, in the SE. I've watched carefully, the gradual widening misdirection of APGA since 2009 but never expected it to be a failure on this scale.

First of all, it looks like they're a confused party with no sense and articulation of ideas for expansion beyond ethnic borders. Even within the SE, they couldn't win votes. What an abysmal shame. Just look at CPC - just formed last year, already winning elections. The whole APGA thing has been a
fraud to say the least.

It was really disheartening to see Peter Obi running around against Ngige (on behalf of Dora) where ordinarily, APGA should by now, have established themselves within the SE with major inroads into the SS. The South-South, by now, should be part and parcel of APGA - if Ojukwu, Obi and Umeh knew what they were doing.

I look up to the sky and I see nothing but circling vultures who have finally come from far but familiar lands, to feast on the carcass of my beloved but politically disintegrated South East.

[size=3pt]Oh Akanu Ibiam, Okpara, Mbadiwe, Wachuku, Osadebey, rescue your children for their custodians have lost control of the steering wheel. [/size]
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Onlytruth(m): 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2011
Posted by: Alj Uche

I went to anambra the other day sometimes last year and i was told I could not buy a land because I am kanuri [/b]and not igbo enough,  Angry what ethnocentric people

onlytruth, u talking about killing igbos in lagos, then i would be died as well[b] because i am igbo as well

I told you that your IQ is that of a kura, I meant it.

How can anyone doubt your Igboness in Anambra, but accept it in Lagos?

The truth is that you are a miserable shameless liar with a venomous hatred for Ndigbo.

All you've done since you joined nairaland has been to spread hate against Ndigbo. You have also SEVERALLY called for mass murder against Ndigbo.

You are shameless in using the name of a people you hate so much.

It is like one German SS general taking a Jewish name to escape justice.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Basseti: 10:48pm On Apr 10, 2011
Kanto:

Basseti, i posted before i saw your response, listen-up my dear, nigerians say all kinds of stuff about each other and write all kinds of stuff here on nairaland.  am sure you have heard and read a lot about practically every ethnic group.  most of these stuff are written and said by faceless cowards who can hardly say any of these things with their real identities or in the presence of those concerned.

Nairaland where all kinds of cowardly and frustrated charlatans congregate with fake names cannot be a reference point for any rational assumptions.

I can write whatever i like about any ethnic group in nairaland with a fake name, that does not make it rational.

If U read my response, then U really didnt need to go thru all that trouble coming up with that tosh in ur last reply.
U might argue that a particular tendency is mainstream or not (and we can have that discussion amicably) instead of trying to paint me as a bigot. Especially when I clarified my postings and apologised for my poor choice of adjectives.

Kanto:

next time learn to stay on the topic and avoid being an amplifier for the monkeyed ignorant and cowardly bigots that constitute a nuisance on cyberspace by disgorging their frustrations and failures in life on others. Such people need liberation
I will say the same for U.
U take things damn too serious. Things that aint that really serious.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by AljUche: 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2011
dem_people:

lol. Knew u would say sumfin like that. . .  wink

Very good question. I'm not impressed as you may well know by now.

Well, first of all we must salute ACN for their savvy political strategies and tactics which have paid off for them in this election climate. Their political calculations paid off for them big time. For them to make inroads into the East signifies the failure of APGA to replicate what ACN did in the SW, in the SE. I've watched carefully, the gradual widening misdirection of APGA since 2009 but never expected it to be a failure on this scale.

First of all, it looks like they're a confused party with no sense and articulation of ideas for expansion beyond ethic borders. Even within the SE, they couldn't win votes. What an abysmal shame. Just look at CPC - just formed last year, already winning elections. The whole APGA thing has been a
fraud to say the least.

It was really disheartening to see Peter Obi running around against Ngige (on behalf of Dora) where ordinarily, APGA should by now, have established themselves within the SE with major inroads into the SS. The South-South, by now, should be part and parcel of APGA - if Ojukwu, Obi and Umeh knew what they were doing.

I look up to the sky and I see nothing but circling vultures who have finally come from far but familiar lands, to feast on the carcass of my beloved but politically disintegrated South East.

[size=3pt]Oh Akanu Ibiam, Okpara, Mbadiwe, Wachuku, Osadebey, rescue your children for their custodians have lost control of the steering wheel. [/size]

to me I see it as southern unity as jason said

look at the way igbos are having post in lagos and oyo under the party ACN and ACN party to the SE

I see it as a way igbos and yorubas can be good friends again

APGA had a vey bad foundation from the very start because of parties like PPA which should have join the bigger party

No to be ethnocentric here, I think ACN Ngige is a very good move looking at the future

If buhari wins this election

by 2015 there will be Ngige/chime president and Fashola/Adams Vp anyway it is good for the southern minorities and the majority

I really do not see anything wrong with ACN

Just like APGA
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ifyalways(f): 10:50pm On Apr 10, 2011
Sahara reporters from New York?

No media house in 9ja could provide us a result?

Na wao.If Dora actually won,then goodluck to her.Plus If she is anything like Obi(who it seems is the nnukwu mmanwu pulling all the strings) then Anambarians are back to square 1;long talks yet no action,big grammar/personal profile yet bad governance.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Basseti: 10:52pm On Apr 10, 2011
Alj Uche:

I went to anambra the other day sometimes last year and i was told I could not buy a land because I am kanuri and not igbo enough,  angry what ethnocentric people

but yet igbos can go around to buy lands in other place without people complaining angry

They were just being polite and didnt want to tell U that U are being cheap.
If U put in a reasonable bid, ur offer will be accepted
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by recoome(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
Thank God PDP won anambra south & north senatorial district, they can kill themselves over anambra central.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Onlytruth(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
Posted by: dem_people

First of all, it looks like they're a confused party with no sense and articulation of ideas for expansion beyond ethnic borders. Even within the SE, they couldn't win votes. What an abysmal shame. Just look at CPC - just formed last year, already winning elections. The whole APGA thing has been a
fraud to say the least.

Oh Akanu Ibiam, Okpara, Mbadiwe, Wachuku, Osadebey, rescue your children for their custodians have lost control of the steering wheel.

I cannot fault much of your comment except the Ojukwu part, mainly because the man had been out of his top game since after the 2010 gubernatorial elections. He had no influence how APGA turned out in this election. Take that blame to Obi and Umeh.

I will blame Peter Obi for APGA's misfortune if any. I would also blame the unbridled individualism of our people for this show of shame.
I have been shouting myself hoarse about this Igbo problem. If Ngige thought above his personal political gains, he would not be in ACN today. He went there because there was a ready ticket for him. Same with all the guys in PDP.

Without a dogged Igbo political leader, this trend will continue until we become irrelevant completely in Nigerian politics.

I'm still licking my wounds from the Enugu, Abia and Ebonyi which went to PDP.
There is chaos in Igboland politically now. This election was an opportunity missed. cry
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by recoome(m): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2011
Thank God PDP won anambra south & north senatorial district, they can kill themselves over anambra central.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by dempeople(m): 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2011
Alj Uche:

to me I see it as southern unity as jason said

look at the way igbos are having post in lagos and oyo under the party ACN and ACN party to the SE

I see it as a way igbos and yorubas can be good friends again

APGA had a vey bad foundation from the very start because of parties like PPA which should have join the bigger party

No to be ethnocentric here, I think ACN Ngige is a very good move looking at the future

If buhari wins this election

by 2015 there will be Ngige/chime president and Fashola/Adams Vp anyway it is good for the southern minorities and the majority

I really do not see anything wrong with ACN

Just like APGA

Southern unity is very good. I champion it but, on whose terms? Southern unity would've been good if ACN has the west while APGA has the east and then, there's some kind of merger (which could be de-merged at any time considering the historical rivalry between the EAST and the WEST). This is the only solution to Southern political unity otherwise, any other arrangement would be lopsided considering APGA hasn't got a base.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by recoome(m): 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2011
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by aloyemeka1: 10:58pm On Apr 10, 2011
[size=14pt]Chris Ngige Petitions INEC, Calls For Cancellation of Fraudulent Results in Anaocha LGA[/size]
Posted: April 10, 2011 - 21:05

Chris Ngige

By SaharaReporters, New York
SaharaReporters has obtained a copy of a letter in which Chris Ngige, one of the senatorial candidates in Saturday’s senatorial elections for Anambra Central, protested massive electoral malpractices by officials of APGA.

Addressed to Chukwuemeka Onukogu, the Resident Electoral Commissioner for Anambra State, the letter accuses APGA of using violence and other forms of fraud to inflate votes in Anaocha Local Government Area in favor of Dora Akunyili, a former minister and APGA’s candidate in the elections.

Mr. Ngige said his party’s polling agents were “assaulted and chased away by thugs of APGA” in such towns as Aguluzoigbo, Agulu, Obeledu, Akwaeze and Adazi Nnukwu.

The petition alleged that the accreditation of voters was hurriedly carried out after his agents were attacked and forced to flee polling centers in Aguluzoigbo. He also accused APGA of writing the results of the voting in Agulu town from Government House, Awka, under the supervision of Governor Peter Obi.

Mr. Ngige stated that “the huge number of returns from Agulu wards 1, 2, 3 and 4 suggest that no credible voting took place but instead, the results were manipulated.”

The ACN’s senatorial candidate also wondered why the Senate Result sheet (Form EC 8A) did not arrive at most polling units in Anaocha LGA until after 7 p.m. when it was already dark.

Mr. Ngige complained that his campaign was further cheated when the INEC Ward collation officers assigned to Agulu fraudulently disappeared. “Our agents waited until 8 p.m. and then moved to INEC Local Government Collation Center with the hopes of finding the agents and/or the results but none was available,” Mr. Ngige wrote.

The ACN candidate implored Mr. Onukogu to order the cancellation of the results from Anaocha LGA in view of the “magnitude of violence, fraud as well as other dishonest and prejudicial acts perpetrated against me.”

However, in a press conference, Mr. Onukogu stated that he would go ahead and announce the results of the election at 10 AM tomorrow adding that he had not received any reports of malpractice from the police or SSS.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/chris-ngige-petitions-inec-calls-cancellation-fraudulent-results-anaocha-lga

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Yoruba, Igbo, N’delta, Middle Belt Leaders Unite Against Fulani Herdsmen / Patience Jonathan Begs EFCC: Let’s Settle / Oluyemi Taiwo Celebrates Makinde’s Coronavirus Recovery With N500 Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.