Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,084 members, 7,835,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN (31430 Views)

Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture) / Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Uche Ekwunife Affirmed The Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by sheriffman(m): 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2011
I also agree that Ngige will be a better Senator than Dora.I hope the final votes favor him
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Gbawe: 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2011
Basseti:

Ngige has always been respected in Anambra politics, he is basically seen as someone who is an outsider and fights the system (rightly or wrongly). He earned a lot of political capital after that debacle with the PDP touts where they tried to oust him out of power. So I am not surprised that he is winning here. This has nothing to do with yoruba, hausa or watever intellegensia.

Gbam!!! Besides, one thing not obvious to most is that the more folks we get in the Senate who are on the side of ordinary Nigerians , the better for our Nations. We need more patriotic Senators in Nigeria .
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 8:01pm On Apr 09, 2011
Gbawe:

Gbam!!! Besides, one thing not obvious to most is that the more folks we get in the Senate who are on the side of ordinary Nigerians , the better for our Nations. We need more patriotic Senators in Nigeria .

That is a solid point, Gbawe!
The president cannot make a decision without the senators, anyway.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

And dont write off Annie Okonkwo of Accord.
He is a money bag, campaigned vigorously, throwing around gifts and cash in the process and upon all, he is the serving senator.
A man named Annie?  lipsrsealed

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Okonkwo

Clement Annie Okonkwo. Me, I'd go by Clement if my middle name was Annie
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Lagosboy: 8:03pm On Apr 09, 2011
I very much respect Ngige and I am happy for him to win. Dora should go relax somewhere joo.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2011
Lagosboy:

I very much respect Ngige and I am happy for him to win. Dora should go relax somewhere joo.

grin grin cheesy
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by fstranger3(m): 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9g2szHsoz0?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

Up Ngige of ACN. This song is very apt for this occasion grin

ACN is taking over, one senatorial district at a time

Let the party start already!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by onyengbu: 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
Yes oo!
A man. A very ugly one at that!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Lagosboy: 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2011
On a side note reports say Oyinlola and Omisore have lost election. Omisore is the chairman of appropiration committe and his absence from the senate is good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Fogman(m): 8:06pm On Apr 09, 2011
Ngige will still win even  if he contested on the platform of the smallest known party. He was voted for based on his past achievement, rathan than his party.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by kcjazz(m): 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

Common what if its a Male name in his culture, maybe full name Aniweta, probably grew up with that name grin

I hear APGA won in Idemili, but over all am happy if Ngige or Dora wins, any one far from Andy Uba and his cohorts is okay by me
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Kobojunkie: 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2011
Where are the results published
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by homerac7: 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
@ dapobear,

Annie is short form of Igbo name Anayochukwu (we keep begging to God)
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by onyengbu: 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
APGA CANNOT possibly win ANYWHERE in idemili.

It is like saying PDP won CPC in katsina!

Even Dora will not believe that.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by oderemo(m): 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2011
if anything to go by , i will respect GEJ for a free and fair election.
change is here.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by jason123: 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2011
ode remo:

[b]if anything to go by , i will respect GEJ for a free and fair election.
[/b]change is here.

GBAM!!!!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by ektbear: 8:18pm On Apr 09, 2011
@homerac7 and kcjazz: My fault, then. Still, I'd go by my full name if it is Aniweta, or take Anayochukwu into Anayo or Chuks.

Anyway, I'm sure he doesn't care, Annie in SE Nigeria, people don't associate it with a woman's name.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Vigilante: 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I definitely prefer Ngige as senator then a Dora 'the explorer' encore in NASS!

Not Surprising.  You never liked Dora.  I never hated Ngige.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Kobojunkie: 8:24pm On Apr 09, 2011
ode remo:

if anything to go by , i will respect GEJ for a free and fair election.
change is here.

Well, it is a good way to go out . . . now if he can add FOI to be the mix, at least we will say he achieved more in his last 10 months, even if the first 11 years were with nothing to show.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by kcjazz(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2011
Unofficial counts

Awka South (Agulu) PU:04/07/09/004 Anambra Central (Senate) - ACN - 39, Accord - 2, ADC - 2, PDP - 35, APGA - 64, CPC - 7.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by onyengbu: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2011
Its being gradually confirmed.
I just got a call from a very worried APGA member who is also a PA to a comissioner. He said its over for them and Dora!
But im still waiting for the final confirmation shaa.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Basseti: 8:32pm On Apr 09, 2011
Vigilante:

Not Surprising.  You never liked Dora.  I never hated Ngige.

Based on past achievements, Ngige will beat Dora anywhere anyday in Anambra politics. The guy actually did well when he was the governor of anambra state. U might argue that it was because his back was pushed to the wall by the arm wrestling tactics of the PDP cabals but be that as it may, he carried out some visible projects in the state.

Based on name recognition, he will still beat Dora. Dora actually did well when she was NAFDAC boss but tell that to the Onitsha traders that make big bucks from importing inferior drugs grin. The Iron lady dealt mercilessly with those rogues and I am not sure they have forgiven her  cheesy

Finally, Ngige belongs to one of those people in the state that actually knows how the system works. I cant really say that Dora is well versed in state politics.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by onyengbu: 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2011
@kcjazz,
Your result is also confirming Ngige's victory. AGULU is Dora and Peter Obi's country home and ACN polled 39 to APGA's 64.

Sai Ngige!
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Apr 09, 2011
Basseti:

Based on past achievements, Ngige will beat Dora anywhere anyday in Anambra politics. The guy actually did well when he was the governor of anambra state. U might argue that it was because his back was pushed to the wall by the arm wrestling tactics of the PDP cabals but be that as it may, he carried out some visible projects in the state.

Based on name recognition, he will still beat Dora. Dora actually did well when she was NAFDAC boss but tell that to the Onitsha traders that make big bucks from importing inferior drugs grin. The Iron lady dealt mercilessly with those rogues and I am not sure they have forgiven her  cheesy

Finally, Ngige belongs to one of those people in the state that actually knows how the system works. I cant really say that Dora is well versed in state politics.

No mind am. Objectivity is lost to some. . . . . you explain that someone like Dora does not need to be rewarded for 2 years of non-achievement and you are immediately accused of hating her person.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by kcjazz(m): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2011
Basseti:

Very true!
onye_ngbu*:

@kcjazz,
Your result is also confirming Ngige's victory. AGULU is Dora and Peter Obi's country home and ACN polled 39 to APGA's 64.

Sai Ngige!

I thought Ngige was ACN and Dora APGA, but yeah I think Ngige will win
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by meine: 8:41pm On Apr 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

I was on the same  queue with this man at the UK Border, that was the first time i met him, He lined up just like all of us did, all their PDP gragra no dey work for there. And trust Nigerians he was well snubbed cheesy
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by onyengbu: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2011
Yea Ngige is ACN and im saying he did extremely well to garner that much vote in Dora's turf.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by kcjazz(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2011
@Onye Ngbu any news on Imo?

I hear its been a battle since yesterday with Ohakim, Kema Chikwe acting shamefully, so far APGA won in Ward 5
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Jarus(m): 8:47pm On Apr 09, 2011
Today i discovered that because of the Ngige effect, many unenlightened voters were voting ACN in house of reps thinking they were voting ngige.
Unless PDP embarks on massive educatiön, ACN will sweep Idemili and many other rural anambra towns.

I'm liking this.
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by supoade: 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2011
RESULTS OF NASS ELECTIONS Polling Unit24/13/05/131-Bola Hassan Street,Alapere, Ketu, Lagos: Total Vote Cast-187. REPS: ACN-141, PDP-15, CPC-7Campus SUB polling centre Total Votes 55: PDP 13, AD1,ACN 41Aniocha south LGA, Delta State Unit 12. Ward 5. PDP 31 votes, ACN 27Front of Chief Obasanjo's house:AD-3, ANPP-4, PPN-12, PDP-64, ACN-118.PU:24/04/07/023Satellite town, LagosHouse of Reps. ACN 46, LABOUR 29, PDP 11, NTP

Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2011
supoade:

RESULTS OF NASS ELECTIONS Polling Unit24/13/05/131-Bola Hassan Street,Alapere, Ketu, Lagos: Total Vote Cast-187. REPS: ACN-141, PDP-15, CPC-7Campus SUB polling centre Total Votes 55: PDP 13, AD1,ACN 41Aniocha south LGA, Delta State Unit 12. Ward 5. PDP 31 votes, ACN 27Front of Chief Obasanjo's house:AD-3, ANPP-4, PPN-12, PDP-64, ACN-118.PU:24/04/07/023Satellite town, LagosHouse of Reps. ACN 46, LABOUR 29, PDP 11, NTP

Excellent -- Thanks for getting picture evidence!! This is what we need
Re: Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN by onyengbu: 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2011
Any final result from anywhere in the country yet?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Supreme Court To Hear Ihedioha’s Fresh Application February 18 / APC Wins Jigawa Elections / EFCC Seals Mansions, Plazas Acquired From Stolen Loot From Katsina State -photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.