Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (50836 Views)

Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. / Why Are Men Outraged Over Paternity Fraud? / Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by ndividual: 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2021
Warripikine:
Is it just lack of money or is it a case of no virtuous women out there?
You people should tell me ooo, cos ayam not understanding today's men anymore..
Is Marriage now a death sentence or what?

We live in a world where anyone can do as they please. The opposite of freedom is responsibility.
The expectation that there should be men who are into marriage is borderline entitlement.

Nobody owes you anything. If you can't find any good guys that's on you and clearly no one else's obligation to fulfill.

Nobody owes you anything. Period.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Funkeshuga(m): 8:15pm On Feb 22, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

How do men expect to find genuine women when they themselves can't learn to stay with one woman in a relationship?

I presume this lady to be a lesbian because her martial reasoning is always upside down

how I wish the dummy you will end up with will ask if you're still Virgin before he wife you
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
chatinent:
My grandfather used to say: nwanyị mara mma bu nganga nke nna ya.

The day they left the traditional title of being called maidens to becoming registered as slay-queen, everything deteriorated. Yes, gbogbo nkan ti bajẹ.

This era of girls understand dating to mean a sex sentence.

Many took to willful prostitution; hunger for money...money to do what? Buy lashes, perfumes...money for nothing!

It's very difficult to see that promising ada bekee again. Abubuwa yanzu sun juye.
How do you gets to speak Hausa fluently?
I think we have it better in the northern part, may be because of our Conservative nature and religious injunction tho.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by omojesu202(m): 8:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
chatinent:
My grandfather used to say: nwanyị mara mma bu nganga nke nna ya.

The day they left the traditional title of being called maidens to becoming registered as slay-queen, everything deteriorated. Yes, gbogbo nkan ti bajẹ.

This era of girls understand dating to mean a sex sentence.

Many took to willful prostitution; hunger for money...money to do what? Buy lashes, perfumes...money for nothing!

It's very difficult to see that promising ada bekee again. Abubuwa yanzu sun juye.

kai you're the son of ya father. A true Nigerian ni e.
ekele mu oo
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by ikorodureporta: 8:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
It is good for people to marry in their mid twenties. -young people.. but poverty no allow most guys marry at that age.
when u get to mid 30s. u go don see too many things wey go make you loose interest, afterall you don live for about half of your life

6 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by pocohantas(f): 8:16pm On Feb 22, 2021
patoski39:
u re always attending and contributing to the weddings of ur colleagues/friends,, u nko

Am I supposed to contribute for myself too? Which kind mumu question be this?

ifko:
Only nairaland guys are loosing interest. Every Saturday is a busy day lace with weddings.

Romance section guys.

If these marriages last is a different topic, but to say Nigerians have stopped marrying? Lol.

Event planning is a goldmine for a reason. grin
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by kluv99(m): 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2021
and to think of it to be honest the world is changing all this things happening the Bible have said already endtime is at hand...now people v no urge for married it's ushering us to what was written in Isaiah 4:1,and I pity ladies cos lately D devil is using dem.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by chatinent: 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2021
papiforreal:

How do you gets to speak Hausa fluently?
I think we have it better in the northern part, may be because of our Conservative nature and religious injunction tho.

As a Jehovah's Witness, we are taught to speak in languages our neighbors can relate to.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by alexola20(m): 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2021

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

I'm not bitter. I hate hypocritical men. That's all.

All those men that come online to castigate women as if they can't see what their fellow men are doing bring out the dark side of me. No offense.
Ahh dark side?, Hmm be calming down sometimes, most of these guys do them for fun. They don't truely mean them.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by chatinent: 8:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
omojesu202:

kai you're the son of ya father. A true Nigerian ni e.
ekele mu oo

Namaste.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Tonytonex(m): 8:19pm On Feb 22, 2021
no love again. girl wey you love no go gree marry you if you no too get money. if guy wey get money pass you come for her, she go leave you immediately.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by LordofNaija: 8:21pm On Feb 22, 2021
JenniferAkpamu:

They are a bunch of jobless mothafuckas, that's why.
How old are you, let me know if I will commit you to prayers
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 22, 2021
Maybe because there are no more marriageable women these days. Modern women have repackaged themselves as girlfriends; so girlfriends they remain.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2021
Nuttella:
God has already told me I will marry that I should just be patient, I no dey bother myself.
Are you the only one created by God? hope you are keeping God's rules
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Spectrum22: 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2021
Marriage is pain. Even money cannot guarantee a happy marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Splitmind: 8:26pm On Feb 22, 2021
Because marriage is a trap which brings little to no benefit other than social approval.

The Internet has allowed men to see that getting married leads to less sex, less money, high chance of going broke and losing your property in the event of a divorce, women can have another man's child and hide it from you and you can be forced to tolerate all sorts of abuse and responsibilities you can't handle.

The institution has always been about money but men aren't willing to pay that price anymore.

When you can obtain companionship and have kids without getting married why bother with it at all?

6 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by sexuential: 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2021
Tunagee:

Because na runs girls full everywhere now(Both married and single) as in, ashawo, and materialistic ladies who are not genuinely after you, but what they can get from you.

Including ur mama?

Na question I ask o. No provoke o
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by mulero23: 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2021
I am not losing interest. Marriage is like a completeness for man. But I think because of the economy challenges in Nigeria, men are quite not doing well talk less of looking for any completeness.
Warripikine:
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Toks2008(m): 8:28pm On Feb 22, 2021
Warripikine:

When you get the cow milk for free there wont be any need to buy the cow.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Sixfeetbelle: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
Funkeshuga:

I presume this lady to be a lesbian because her martial reasoning is always upside down

how I wish the dummy you will end up with will ask if you're still Virgin before he wife you

And this is your concern, how?
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by doxijaw: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
In Lagos yesterday, they had roughly about 20 parties, different locations in which they displayed lot's of naked Nigerian women, throwing alcohol onto their bodies, sticking 500 naira notes in their kpekus in full glare.

Now the kicker is, these girl's are recruiting more girls spreading degeneracy like wildfire, under the watchful eyes of grown adults who pay and encourage them.

But we can't judge, freedom to express is a right.

So don't complain when you have issues with marriage, relationship's, because the monsters you created will hunt.

The Bible says a little sleep, a little slumber.. finish the rest. grin

Anyways na gossip i come do , because the thing's i am seeing are so disturbing but a lot are desensitised to it.

Before I go I'll leave you with a quote from a Nigerian lady angry

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by samonak(m): 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
If not for societal expectation and demand, I am of the opinion that marriage is overrated. The stress for marriage no be here. Most of my guys that married are suddenly developing premature grey hair or going bald.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by niyi123: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
doxijaw:
Tell it like it is , broke Nigerian guys don't stand a chance.

20 % of d high value men r fuckin 80% of the women grin.

The currency of relationship in Nigeria is based on the exchange of money.

You don't believe, toast a Nigerian girl or ask for her account number , compare the results. cheesy

Infact you can skip toasting grin part straight into kpekus if you go with the account number strategy

You have no clue how rotten these girls are and imagine this is some sort of exaggeration. cheesy

Bottomline it's a losing game built on deceit, especially when you're at the disadvantaged end .

So say it with me.

Make money screw women!

Agreed with your submission to some extent
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Splitmind: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
Warripikine:

Why do you think she won't help you to settle up?

Because women's mind is only in what she can gain from the man, if the man isn't up to a particular social standing she won't look twice in his direction.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Sixfeetbelle: 8:30pm On Feb 22, 2021
Bouz:
Ahh dark side?, Hmm be calming down sometimes, most of these guys do them for fun. They don't truely mean them.

I'm not a child so don't tell me they do it for fun. Most of them are showing the dark side of them on this forum that they aren't brave enough to show on any other social media.

This is who they are when no one is watching.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by JOACHINpedro: 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2021
OnlyDeCapPlease:

Yes, despite everything mugu still full everywhere just like, in spite of everything oyinbo still dey pay for Nigerian Prince and romance scam.
Lol
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by CHoccolaTE: 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2021
This is a troll topic because the Nigeria I live people are still marrying every weekend and breeding like rats and worsening already overpopulated situation in the country.

In facebook o, WhatsApp status o, WhatsApp groups that I joined there are always multiple wedding invitations every week.

No be only why are men losing interest.

Its better for women to lose interest sef because marriage is suffer head galore for women
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Johnnyplus01k(m): 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

How do men expect to find genuine women when they themselves can't learn to stay with one woman in a relationship?
vice versa infact it's much in women than in men. Women of nowadays can't even survive without going out with extra men for different purposes eg the one to pay for hair, cream,fuel car, pay house rent etc so they are all olosho"s

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Igbo-Ora, Oyo Has The Highest Number Of Twins In The World / Wife Beats Husband, Sends Him Packing From His House For Days / Must I Befriend My Husband Mistress Before There Will Be Peace In My Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.