Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,574 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? (50916 Views)

Why Are Men Becoming Lazy And Un-productive. / Why Are Men Outraged Over Paternity Fraud? / Christians Marriage: Why So Much Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Iconnect1: 8:35pm On Feb 22, 2021
Men are not losing interest,they have the interest but the finance is not there and marriage in the southern part of Nigeria is way too expensive. My thought though,no offense ���
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by ipswitch: 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2021
Cos the angels have left the streets, its the wicked ones parading upandan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Vickym1(f): 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

How do men expect to find genuine women when they themselves can't learn to stay with one woman in a relationship?
Is there a way to like ur comment 100x? kiss
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2021
because MARRIAGE IS OVERRATED AND HOES AINT LOYAL.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Sixfeetbelle: 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2021
Vickym1:

Is there a way to like ur comment 100x? kiss

Unfortunately, Nairaland is not yet at that level digitally
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Funkeshuga(m): 8:41pm On Feb 22, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

And this is your concern, how?

because your antecedent is obvious in your unreasonable posts
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 22, 2021
pocohantas:

[b]Am I supposed to contribute for myself too? [/b]Which kind mumu question be this?

common sense will tell u that I was referring to when they will contribute to and attend ur own wedding, since u say Na only nairaland men no serious undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by twosquare(m): 8:41pm On Feb 22, 2021
Very important point...many missed this. It is so true about the Nigerian situation. Imagine guys in their 30s still underemployed, not employed and living in poverty...Nigeria has also rubbished the marriage system in its own way. Let's not blame Western ideals all the time.
ikorodureporta:
It is good for people to marry in their mid twenties. -young people.. but poverty no allow most guys marry at that age.
when u get to mid 30s. u go don see too many things wey go make you loose interest, afterall you don live for about half of your life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by amuwo1980: 8:42pm On Feb 22, 2021
The women are becoming something else, it is becoming difficult to find a Normal girl

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Rubbiish(m): 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2021
Nuttella:
God has already told me I will marry that I should just be patient, I no dey bother myself.
Lol
I love this!
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Godswill41(m): 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2021
It's because no wife material is available. Girls full everywhere, but wives are scarce
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by LifeIssues101(f): 8:43pm On Feb 22, 2021
You better talk, before someone else takes over.

PAWG:
My money never complete. I want to marry the girl at our front desk but she doesn't even know. I haven't even told her I like her; we just say 'Hi' to each other for now. Better babe hard to find for Abuja
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by pocohantas(f): 8:44pm On Feb 22, 2021
patoski39:
common sense will tell u that I was referring to when they will contribute to and attend ur own wedding, since u say Na only nairaland men no serious undecided undecided

Common sense should tell you it is not your business. You should focus on things that pays you bills and quit the monitoring spirit work. Once again, it is a Nairaland (Romance section) problem.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Vickym1(f): 8:44pm On Feb 22, 2021
mezico96:

To me the problem is not really money but a good woman...
Some men dnt appreciate good and loyal women.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by koning: 8:44pm On Feb 22, 2021
I settled down, now i feel choked . I want out. Women of today are horror stories.

My eyes don see too many female horror stories on the net. Especially in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Vickym1(f): 8:45pm On Feb 22, 2021
Sixfeetbelle:

Unfortunately, Nairaland is not yet at that level digitally
Lol.. No p

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by EmekaA125(m): 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2021
Because the future is female according to sapphiere and her fellow shameless feminists. Idiots
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nnecky(f): 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Come on, but a man could have several wives..
But its unnatural for a woman to have several husbands.. Its the woman that should learn to stay with their Man..not the other way round
With People like u in this country with your type of mindset, marriage will be difficult to achieve
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2021
I really believe that women should choose their career prospects early and stick to it. If they want to be wives, they should learn what it takes to be a wife, remain chaste, and tailor themselves towards that end from childhood. On the other hand, if they want to be 'independent' women, then they can sleep around as much as they like, hustle side by side with and from men, or failing to get good grades in school, sell their bodies for money. But this category should forget about marriage altogether; in fact, marriage should be made illegal for this type.

Maybe the government can establish old spinsters' homes, where the non marriageable type can retire once their sexual value tends towards zero.

9 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2021
LordofNaija:

How old are you, let me know if I will commit you to prayers
Ask your ancestors. I'm sure they will be able to tell you
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by beauty7: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2021
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by easiest(m): 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
Why men should marry after they are already reaping the benefits of marriage while single e.g they Bleep at anytime they needs it.

Truth must be told, if girls really want to make men start marrying them they way it's used to be in the olden days you girls should close your legs.

The issue is that if you close your legs many girls are out their to open theirs, God intervention will really solve this issue.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Common sense should tell you it is not your business. You should focus on things that pays you bills and quit the monitoring spirit work. Once again, it is a Nairaland (Romance section) problem.
anty dn vese grin grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by seyz91(m): 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2021
its because naija girls are useless grin
Warripikine:
Is it just lack of money or is it a case of no virtuous women out there?
You people should tell me ooo, cos ayam not understanding today's men anymore..
Is Marriage now a death sentence or what?
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by pocohantas(f): 8:55pm On Feb 22, 2021
patoski39:
anty dn vese grin grin

I guess you were also angry. Funny you people can’t take the energy you give.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Givaxy: 8:55pm On Feb 22, 2021
Vickym1:

Some men dnt appreciate good and loyal women.
Are you a good an loyal woman ?
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by LordofNaija: 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2021
JenniferAkpamu:

Ask your ancestors. I'm sure they will be able to tell you
No I see why you are still unmarried. My people say that an uncouth mouth smells more than a sorely anus. You obviously need help
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by seyz91(m): 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2021
confirm!
Tunagee:

Because na runs girls full everywhere now(Both married and single) as in, ashawo, and materialistic ladies who are not genuinely after you, but what they can get from you.
Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by Liposure: 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2021
PAWG:

If by the time I am ready she's unavailable, I will simply go for someone else, no one is 'the one', I just don't want to date anyone for dating sake.
deep

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:59pm On Feb 22, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
I really believe that women should choose their career prospects early and stick to it. If they want to be wives, they should learn what it takes to be a wife, remain chaste, and tailor themselves towards that end from childhood. On the other hand, if they want to be 'independent' women, then they can sleep around as much as they like, hustle side by side with and from men, or failing to get good grades in school, sell their bodies for money. But this category should forget about marriage altogether; in fact, marriage should be made illegal for this type.

Maybe the government can establish old spinsters' homes, where the non marriageable type can retire once their sexual value tends towards zero.
a million likes for you
This is what we call facing the problem squarely or tackling a challenge headlong.

If our empty head govt can reason like u things will be a lot better.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by lecturer50(m): 8:59pm On Feb 22, 2021
If women are ready to sponsor the marriage, some men would agree to marry them.
As in,if she is willing to give the man money to pay for the marriage stuffs, many men would agree.
I speak from my interactions with men.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Why Are Men Losing Interest In Settling Down? by meobizy(f): 9:01pm On Feb 22, 2021
Yes, another day and this topic hits front page once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Reconcile 31 Years After They Divorced / Newborn Baby Girl With Cute Eyebrow (Photos) / Share Your First Picture of The New Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.