Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? (25396 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Oshokalo: 9:31am On Feb 27, 2021
Antoeni:
ON TOP ONE MAN HEAD:

1. NEPA don bring bill
2. Buy bread when u are coming
3. Buy Egg when u are coming
4. Gas don finish
5. Kerosine don finish
6a. Generator no gree start
6b. Buy fuel for generator when u are coming
7. Car don get flat tyre, e no gree start
8. School fees don show
9. DStv/GOtv etc don stop to dey show
10. Dem come ask for vigilante money
11. Month don end for Lesson teacher
12. Biscuit and Happy Hour nko?
13. Dem go begin report the children to u as u dey enter
14. If u never build, Landlord matter na madding
15. Dem go still shook hand for ur pocket pack d small change join..
16. Tell u d pikin dey run temperature like say u be doctor...
17a. Buy them credit
17b. Buy them data
18. Not excluding Suya, Cat fish etc on some nights
19. Fridge, pressing iron, fan etc. go stop, another headache..
20. Dem still wan go amusement park on public holidays
21. How much be the salary sef..

I come go hospital for fever, doctor say I get High BP.

How man no go get High BP..

And

On top all, you must not disappoint in the inner room.. dem go still give you orders,

*"HONEY HARDER"*

Please, let's take it easy......our lives matters.
With or without us, life will continue.

E no dey easy sha,
GOD Blessings be with all us
and one idiot will be telling u marriage is not by money,u don't need money to marry

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 27, 2021
You never ready, keep on killing yourself on top of people's heads, my mother can never accept such kind of money, the way Nigerians live like they are hiding a spare life somewhere.

4 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 27, 2021
Ay92:
This is the dilemma I'm in now, my parents don't seem to understand at all. I'm a very stingy person to them meanwhile I earn around 12-20k per month
Then if they won't understand you shun them, will you kill yourself.

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 9:39am On Feb 27, 2021
HappyNigerian:
It’s the beginning of a new year and that means new bills and more responsibilities and thinking back at last year just gives me some sort of joy at how I have planned this year for my bills.

My family lives in Ibadan and I live in Lagos and I must confess that it is such a struggle to pay their bills while working in Lagos here. I am the first child so I have to send my family money every month, and my siblings every week.

My family DSTV bill is also something I have to do monthly while I also ensure that all my siblings get airtime on their phone every week. It is such a traumatic experience when I remember that as I am planning all this small small money that when you calculate it, it becomes big money, I have to also plan bank charges inside of it as well.
I moved out of the house at a point to make ends meet as the first son of the family especially as my parents are getting old and I’m their only source of livelihood as it is right now, some people say you do not owe your parents anything but well, I do not believe in this and I take care of my parents and see it as my duty and what I owe to them to do.

Schools have resumed, Nishola, my sister needs to go back and would need fees and other miscellaneous expenses. Femi my brother is preparing for his WAEC to enable him get into the university. My parents of course have medical bills to be sorted as well every month.

When I calculate this in total every month including bank charges, it is over 100,000 monthly that I spend last year not until this January when someone mentioned how PalmPay gives people rewards when they do transactions. At first, and as usual, I did not believe it but that is not the point of the thread.

The point of writing this thread is really to ask, how do African Children deal with the numerous bills that they have to pay for the family and friends?

Hi OP I understand how u feel cos I can relate a little bit with what u re facing.

What I do for my siblings. I give them monthly stipend and they already know they can't call me for any further kobo except in a case of exigency (like when they re ill)

For ur parents and siblings device a means for the monthly stipend and make it regular and make sure wen dey call u for further cash let them know u don't ve except in a case of exigencies.

Cut out irrelevant things like the Dstv sub. but if u feel u will want to keep on giving them something for entertainment u can get a Gotv decoder thank God it has most of the entertainment stations then u do lower sub cos I blive pop man and mum can't watch more tha. AFRICA magic and probably CNN.

That way u already ve a budget u re working with in a month
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 9:51am On Feb 27, 2021
cayorday89:

I can feel your pains even though I haven't found myself in such situations, but take it this way, those people calling you back try one day to ask them for a certain sum of money and see their response, do this continuously and any dat they fail to deliver, take your final decision to leave the house and use their response to your call for help to also blackmail them and not beg you out of your decision. And when you finally leave, don't forget to help your parents the little way you can and as for your siblings whatever you will do should be from your mind..

Will certainly use your suggestion. Thank you

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Kokaine(m): 9:52am On Feb 27, 2021
Hassanmaye:
grin wink grin I will search for you, you think being a man is beans
hahahaha... search me where. I don delete all pictures oh

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Arijude(m): 9:53am On Feb 27, 2021
MrHighSea:

no start ds argument abeg.

So, ur unborn kids r indebted to u already.

dt chain needs to be broken. let's not feel entitled abeg.

Personally, each kid must be born a millionaire. I go try make ground soft for them. Not making them feed me and pay their siblings' school fees.

Their resources should rather be a plus to us.

They'll love you still without hardship.
thumps up.

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Ayo2004: 9:54am On Feb 27, 2021
mmsen:
Telling yourself that you must is the problem. You do not owe them, they elected to have children.

Africans need to learn what 'accountability' means. If people choose to have children they are responsible for those children, not the other way around. That is one of the biggest problems on this continent - the wildly irrational, ass backwards thinking.

This continent will remain the way that it is until 'elders' are held to account for their foolishness. The culture of parental entitlement is toxic.
Your brain senior einstein own...I see no reason why an average man will give birth to 5+ children in this country,any sensible person should first try to get financial means to either japa from the country or set up a good environment to make more and more money but no,someone earning 100k will marry at 24 and start gathering children every birthday,nawa for us o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by bukatyne(f): 9:57am On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:

Anytime I talk about moving out, the emotional blackmail starts. You will be surprised by the number of people who call to talk me out of it.

Move closer to your place of work.

3:30 everyday is not healthy for you except you sleep around 8pm especially as a woman.

Just get a little space and move out: nothing to discuss.

Your physical and mental health is very important. God forbid you break down.

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by lawkenoz(m): 10:01am On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:

Anytime I talk about moving out, the emotional blackmail starts. You will be surprised by the number of people who call to talk me out of it.

It's an elaborate game nah, you should easily see through it! They know if you move out you will have rent to pay, and thus no money to contribute or pay for thier own rent. You remain they can demand for money from you claiming after all you're living in the house so what are spending money on.

My dear move out for your sanity, start planning for your life. if you die today due to stress you'll be surprised how they will cater for themselves, you go dey spirit realm dey watch the thing like film.

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by bukatyne(f): 10:02am On Feb 27, 2021
omojesu202:

so if I need 40k I'll simply ask for 200k. simple arithmetic

undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by dangotesmummy: 10:08am On Feb 27, 2021
HappyNigerian:

My brother, I don use that strategy but dem call me stingy
don't fall for emotional blackmail

When they see that you are a hard nut to crack, they'll resort to emotional blackmail
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Drfinn: 10:11am On Feb 27, 2021
Hahaha!! So on point!!

[ quote author=Antoeni post=99451115]ON TOP ONE MAN HEAD:

1. NEPA don bring bill
2. Buy bread when u are coming
3. Buy Egg when u are coming
4. Gas don finish
5. Kerosine don finish
6a. Generator no gree start
6b. Buy fuel for generator when u are coming
7. Car don get flat tyre, e no gree start
8. School fees don show
9. DStv/GOtv etc don stop to dey show
10. Dem come ask for vigilante money
11. Month don end for Lesson teacher
12. Biscuit and Happy Hour nko?
13. Dem go begin report the children to u as u dey enter
14. If u never build, Landlord matter na madding
15. Dem go still shook hand for ur pocket pack d small change join..
16. Tell u d pikin dey run temperature like say u be doctor...
17a. Buy them credit
17b. Buy them data
18. Not excluding Suya, Cat fish etc on some nights
19. Fridge, pressing iron, fan etc. go stop, another headache..
20. Dem still wan go amusement park on public holidays
21. How much be the salary sef..

I come go hospital for fever, doctor say I get High BP.

How man no go get High BP..

And

On top all, you must not disappoint in the inner room.. dem go still give you orders,

*"HONEY HARDER"*

Please, let's take it easy......our lives matters.
With or without us, life will continue.

E no dey easy sha,
GOD Blessings be with all us[/quote]
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by shapman: 10:17am On Feb 27, 2021
God help us
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by dangotesmummy: 10:23am On Feb 27, 2021
bukatyne:

undecided undecided undecided undecided
are you surprised,angry or both? cheesy

That's the exploitative nature of nigerians.while you're thinking of ways to help them, they're thinking of ways to exploit you and it happens even in families

Anyway Na the person wey them see their face for ground Na him them go exploit

If anyone says I should help them pay school fees,I will ask them to give me their university bursar's number.if you like give me a number of someone that is fronting as a bursar,I will ask him to send the official school fees of each department to my email with letter headed paper showing the university stamp and bursar's signature

If he is an exploiter Na him go avoid me himself,he won't even have the liver to ask me for ₦5

So this days the mindset of fraud has made it difficult to help and even when helping you have to protect yourself and set limits

If people know this about you they won't bring their financial problems near you and you have your peace and rest

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by dangotesmummy: 10:27am On Feb 27, 2021
bukatyne:

3:30 everyday is not healthy for you except you sleep around 8pm especially as a woman.

exactly

The way OP is giving his family the impression that he's indebted to them sef dey vex me

Does he need anybody's permission to move out or live anywhere? Shooo
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by AishaYesufu: 10:30am On Feb 27, 2021
Hmmm
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by dangotesmummy: 10:33am On Feb 27, 2021
Ayo2004:

Your brain senior einstein own...I see no reason why an average man will give birth to 5+ children in this country,any sensible person should first try to get financial means to either japa from the country or set up a good environment to make more and more money but no,someone earning 100k will marry at 24 and start gathering children every birthday,nawa for us o
gbamxactly

All the exploitative and overbearing family members that like asking endlessly,I don block all of them from my WhatsApp and other social media accounts.if them send text I no dey answer because temi Tomi leru gbe.my load is enough for me to carry make someone no put him own load for my head.i no dey Available for that

Call me stingy, selfish and Even any adjective worse than that,I don't care.i don't owe anybody my life or how I spend my money but if my parents ask ₦100,I fit give them ₦500.those ones are an exception

I don't mind them living large on my neck, they're entitled to it and they deserve it.infact those are the ones that have the right to be financially entitled
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by cooooooks(m): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2021
This is why I can't judge people who do runs.

I know the family requests some people have. The expectation of magic.

I just hope they do it codedly and get out as fast as possible.

Zanxx:
My dear, it's not easy ooo. Sometimes I feel like running away. My case is worse because I live with them. I am so frustrated that for over a week now I have been giving them attitude, I don't talk to any of them. I just drop money for food and any other thing that needs to be paid, then off I go. The rent is almost due and they are all waiting for me to conjure the money from the sky.smh. The burden is just too much
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Oju4190: 10:45am On Feb 27, 2021
as for the DStv......I think u shod get them gotv.
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 11:02am On Feb 27, 2021
lawkenoz:

It's an elaborate game nah, you should easily see through it! They know if you move out you will have rent to pay, and thus no money to contribute or pay for thier own rent. You remain they can demand for money from you claiming after all you're living in the house so what are spending money on.

My dear move out for your sanity, start planning for your life. if you die today due to stress you'll be surprised how they will cater for themselves, you go dey spirit realm dey watch the thing like film.

I will move out. Thanks for the advice
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 11:08am On Feb 27, 2021
cooooooks:
This is why I can't judge people who do runs.

I know the family requests some people have. The expectation of magic.

I just hope they do it codedly and get out as fast as possible.

Fast is the operative word. Thanks

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by alexola20(m): 11:15am On Feb 27, 2021

4 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 11:15am On Feb 27, 2021
bukatyne:

Thank you
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by dangotesmummy: 11:17am On Feb 27, 2021
cayorday89:

I can feel your pains even though I haven't found myself in such situations, but take it this way, those people calling you back try one day to ask them for a certain sum of money and see their response, do this continuously and any dat they fail to deliver, take your final decision to leave the house and use their response to your call for help to also blackmail them and not beg you out of your decision. And when you finally leave, don't forget to help your parents the little way you can and as for your siblings whatever you will do should be from your mind..
exactly

Infact with this approach his siblings will on their own avoid you.some will not even talk to you again and thats good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Malaymoney(m): 11:22am On Feb 27, 2021
God is your strenght ma
Zanxx:
My dear, it's not easy ooo. Sometimes I feel like running away. My case is worse because I live with them. I am so frustrated that for over a week now I have been giving them attitude, I don't talk to any of them. I just drop money for food and any other thing that needs to be paid, then off I go. The rent is almost due and they are all waiting for me to conjure the money from the sky.smh. The burden is just too much
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by alexola20(m): 11:23am On Feb 27, 2021

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by alexola20(m): 11:24am On Feb 27, 2021
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Ayo2004: 11:36am On Feb 27, 2021
dangotesmummy:
gbamxactly

All the exploitative and overbearing family members that like asking endlessly,I don block all of them from my WhatsApp and other social media accounts.if them send text I no dey answer because temi Tomi leru gbe.my load is enough for me to carry make someone no put him own load for my head.i no dey Available for that

Call me stingy, selfish and Even any adjective worse than that,I don't care.i don't owe anybody my life or how I spend my money but if my parents ask ₦100,I fit give them ₦500.those ones are an exception

I don't mind them living large on my neck, they're entitled to it and they deserve it.infact those are the ones that have the right to be financially entitled
Your brain resemble my own..I have a friend who wasnt invited to his cousin's wedding about two years ago because he was really broke so the family didn't recognize him that much,his cousin is somebody that used most of his life savings to do wedding and sold his land in ikorodu to fund honeymoon to Dubai,now,my friend is doing okay in his crypto and giftcard business,his cousin recently called my friend for financial assistance after becoming a father and using the child as an excuse,u need to say the way my guy comot am ehnn

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by buzmanjohn(m): 11:39am On Feb 27, 2021
HappyNigerian:
It’s the beginning of a new year and that means new bills and more responsibilities and thinking back at last year just gives me some sort of joy at how I have planned this year for my bills.

My family lives in Ibadan and I live in Lagos and I must confess that it is such a struggle to pay their bills while working in Lagos here. I am the first child so I have to send my family money every month, and my siblings every week.

My family DSTV bill is also something I have to do monthly while I also ensure that all my siblings get airtime on their phone every week. It is such a traumatic experience when I remember that as I am planning all this small small money that when you calculate it, it becomes big money, I have to also plan bank charges inside of it as well.
I moved out of the house at a point to make ends meet as the first son of the family especially as my parents are getting old and I’m their only source of livelihood as it is right now, some people say you do not owe your parents anything but well, I do not believe in this and I take care of my parents and see it as my duty and what I owe to them to do.

Schools have resumed, Nishola, my sister needs to go back and would need fees and other miscellaneous expenses. Femi my brother is preparing for his WAEC to enable him get into the university. My parents of course have medical bills to be sorted as well every month.

When I calculate this in total every month including bank charges, it is over 100,000 monthly that I spend last year not until this January when someone mentioned how PalmPay gives people rewards when they do transactions. At first, and as usual, I did not believe it but that is not the point of the thread.

The point of writing this thread is really to ask, how do African Children deal with the numerous bills that they have to pay for the family and friends?
Set up little business for your parents, then let your siblings learn simple to skill that will be generating little amount of money.

You have to do something before you get married if you don't want wahala from your wife
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Dre183(m): 11:43am On Feb 27, 2021
HappyNigerian:

Don't kill yourself all in the name of satisfying others, cut your expenses i.e, buy gotv instead of DSTV in order to reduce the monthly subscription, stop sending your siblings airtime monthly (because dey will see it as right of which is privilege), if you don't stop all this, my brother I bet you, it will be hard for you to make it in life.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by toprealman: 12:05pm On Feb 27, 2021
alexola20:
Nothing really to share again bro

I lost my two immediate elder brothers 11 months apart.What I'm going thru myself is not a joke or child's play.
I just always thanking God for keeping me alive for my children's sake.
It's not a funny story.

And for that person that person that said a mother can't hurt her children,airinjina ni airi abuke okere(it's when someone hasn't walked far that he won't see a squirrel with hunchback).
Deep....God will continue to guide and guide you. Life is a mystery.
Too many kids in here so don't react to all the shii people drop here.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When Your Children Call The Police For Disciplining Them. / 14 Things That Hurt Your Wife / Mother Drowns Her 9-year-old Son For Having A Small Joystick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.