Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? (25459 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by GboyegaD(m): 5:25pm On Feb 27, 2021
mmsen:
Telling yourself that you must is the problem. You do not owe them, they elected to have children.

Africans need to learn what 'accountability' means. If people choose to have children they are responsible for those children, not the other way around. That is one of the biggest problems on this continent - the wildly irrational, ass backwards thinking.

This continent will remain the way that it is until 'elders' are held to account for their foolishness. The culture of parental entitlement is toxic.

The reason why I fault people who complain about those not willing to have many children. People need to learn responsibility and accountability.

3 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by GboyegaD(m): 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:

It is. I am constantly checking my Bp because I keep getting palpitations

Going forward, watch it. Cut down the expenses in bits. Once you get paid, first do your savings, plan the remaining and you don't have to meet every need.
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by BlessedOne259: 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2021
HappyNigerian:
It’s the beginning of a new year and that means new bills and more responsibilities and thinking back at last year just gives me some sort of joy at how I have planned this year for my bills.

My family lives in Ibadan and I live in Lagos and I must confess that it is such a struggle to pay their bills while working in Lagos here. I am the first child so I have to send my family money every month, and my siblings every week.

My family DSTV bill is also something I have to do monthly while I also ensure that all my siblings get airtime on their phone every week. It is such a traumatic experience when I remember that as I am planning all this small small money that when you calculate it, it becomes big money, I have to also plan bank charges inside of it as well.
I moved out of the house at a point to make ends meet as the first son of the family especially as my parents are getting old and I’m their only source of livelihood as it is right now, some people say you do not owe your parents anything but well, I do not believe in this and I take care of my parents and see it as my duty and what I owe to them to do.

Schools have resumed, Nishola, my sister needs to go back and would need fees and other miscellaneous expenses. Femi my brother is preparing for his WAEC to enable him get into the university. My parents of course have medical bills to be sorted as well every month.

When I calculate this in total every month including bank charges, it is over 100,000 monthly that I spend last year not until this January when someone mentioned how PalmPay gives people rewards when they do transactions. At first, and as usual, I did not believe it but that is not the point of the thread.

The point of writing this thread is really to ask, how do African Children deal with the numerous bills that they have to pay for the family and friends?

In Nigeria, your friends and family provide support since there is no social security structure. Within your ability, support your siblings to be established, get extra sources of income, look for ways to minimize your spending and what they need. I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't receive support from my family and friends in the past.

You also need to know which of your friends are really for you. Years ago, I noticed some "friends" would tell me they are very broke and need my help. I noticed some of them were living lifestyles I couldn't afford myself. Imagine someone telling you he is so broke and doesn't have money to eat. You send him what you can and the following week you realized he has bought a good car whereas you as still trekking because you can't afford a car with your income.

For me, the workaround was to have many projects/mini-project. Before I receive my salary, I have a budget of how I will spend it. The day I receive it, I disburse the money and leave say 8k for my transport and upkeep for the month. When those friends bill me, I tell them I only have 8k in my account to get by till the end of the month. If some of my genuine friends reach out to me for help, I will look for other ways to help them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by ALISMILE(m): 7:00pm On Feb 27, 2021
justosee:

My advice to you,use PalmPay to pay the bills.
Dude is doing advert for palmpay
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by harmony75: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2021
GOD always look after children that looked after their parents and family!
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by dangotesmummy: 7:45pm On Feb 27, 2021
Ayo2004:

Your brain resemble my own..I have a friend who wasnt invited to his cousin's wedding about two years ago because he was really broke so the family didn't recognize him that much,his cousin is somebody that used most of his life savings to do wedding and sold his land in ikorodu to fund honeymoon to Dubai,now,my friend is doing okay in his crypto and giftcard business,his cousin recently called my friend for financial assistance after becoming a father and using the child as an excuse,u need to say the way my guy comot am ehnn
that your friend is indeed a wise Man and do you know the funny thing.its people that have a stake in your life and done major things for you that won't feel entitled. the ones that have done next to nothing will be the ones behaving as if you owe them

3 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Imustreturn(m): 8:42pm On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:
My dear, it's not easy ooo. Sometimes I feel like running away. My case is worse because I live with them. I am so frustrated that for over a week now I have been giving them attitude, I don't talk to any of them. I just drop money for food and any other thing that needs to be paid, then off I go. The rent is almost due and they are all waiting for me to conjure the money from the sky.smh. The burden is just too much
they want to use bill and finish my life oh. I've ran back to Lagos grin
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 9:06pm On Feb 27, 2021
Imustreturn:
they want to use bill and finish my life oh. I've ran back to Lagos grin

Hahahahahaha good for you. I will also run away soon.
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2021
GboyegaD:

Going forward, watch it. Cut down the expenses in bits. Once you get paid, first do your savings, plan the remaining and you don't have to meet every need.

I certainly will. Gracias
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by BarrElChapo(m): 9:25pm On Feb 27, 2021
roldet804:

iga na copy and paste
this post is allover facebook

No wonder
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Imustreturn(m): 9:29pm On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:

Hahahahahaha good for you. I will also run away soon.
money i wan use buy crypto oh. I done spend am finish. Pay pay pay everywhere.first son or child no easy oh

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 11:14pm On Feb 27, 2021
Imustreturn:
money i wan use buy crypto oh. I done spend am finish. Pay pay pay everywhere.first son or child no easy oh

I don't even know why I came first, lol. E go be.
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by WantsandMore: 1:54am On Feb 28, 2021
Antoeni:
ON TOP ONE MAN HEAD:

1. NEPA don bring bill
2. Buy bread when u are coming
3. Buy Egg when u are coming
4. Gas don finish
5. Kerosine don finish
6a. Generator no gree start
6b. Buy fuel for generator when u are coming
7. Car don get flat tyre, e no gree start
8. School fees don show
9. DStv/GOtv etc don stop to dey show
10. Dem come ask for vigilante money
11. Month don end for Lesson teacher
12. Biscuit and Happy Hour nko?
13. Dem go begin report the children to u as u dey enter
14. If u never build, Landlord matter na madding
15. Dem go still shook hand for ur pocket pack d small change join..
16. Tell u d pikin dey run temperature like say u be doctor...
17a. Buy them credit
17b. Buy them data
18. Not excluding Suya, Cat fish etc on some nights
19. Fridge, pressing iron, fan etc. go stop, another headache..
20. Dem still wan go amusement park on public holidays
21. How much be the salary sef..

I come go hospital for fever, doctor say I get High BP.

How man no go get High BP..

And

On top all, you must not disappoint in the inner room.. dem go still give you orders,

*"HONEY HARDER"*

Please, let's take it easy......our lives matters.
With or without us, life will continue.

E no dey easy sha,
GOD Blessings be with all us
See part of life wey people no Dey post for Instagram and Facebook except the few happiest days...Hahaha
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by WantsandMore: 1:56am On Feb 28, 2021
Kokaine:
Its too much.
People even know the date for my salary. Call from every corner. Especially friends. Always borrowing. And to pay back will be a problem. The annoying thing is that I never really benefit financially from them. Imagine someone calling me to borrow him money because his rent expired. As if he did not know one year ago that he needs to save for his rent. This is why I live a quiet life now. No posting any picture or status anywhere. Make dem no come feel say I get money
you Dey observe the peace ? Lol...
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Alchelm7(m): 11:56am On Feb 28, 2021
shapman:
God help us
chief
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Ivydre: 12:34pm On Feb 28, 2021
shapman:
God help us
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Samyokporua(m): 12:44pm On Feb 28, 2021
shapman:
God help us
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Imustreturn(m): 1:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
Zanxx:

I don't even know why I came first, lol. E go be.
we keep fighting it.
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Psoul(m): 10:43am On Mar 01, 2021
ade2008:

I like this

Thanks
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Psoul(m): 10:44am On Mar 01, 2021
Hassanmaye:

This is the best advice I swear

Thank you

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by ImaIma1(f): 1:06am On Mar 02, 2021
You even give your siblings weekly airtime. cheesy

You are breeding entitled people and setting a trap for your unsuspecting future wife to fall into.

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by CanadianNaija: 4:42am On Mar 02, 2021
Zanxx:
My dear, it's not easy ooo. Sometimes I feel like running away. My case is worse because I live with them. I am so frustrated that for over a week now I have been giving them attitude, I don't talk to any of them. I just drop money for food and any other thing that needs to be paid, then off I go. The rent is almost due and they are all waiting for me to conjure the money from the sky.smh. The burden is just too much

If you weren't alive how would they have paid rent?
Maybe it's time you ask them to relocate to your village house or a small town near your home town, and rent a smaller place that you can afford for yourself. Then setup something small they can do for themselves to earn feeding money monthly.

Do you have savings and investments like this? God forbid something happens to your means of livelihood what is your plan B?

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by zemaye: 7:07am On Mar 02, 2021
harmony75:
GOD always look after children that looked after their parents and family!

True
Not at the child's detriment though
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Leyqute(m): 11:53am On Mar 03, 2021
shapman:
God help us
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Imadojoe98(m): 9:23pm On Mar 04, 2021
shapman:
God help us
Who else can?
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by tocyn001: 10:54am On Mar 05, 2021
shapman:
God help us

Good day boss, post quoted as requested. Thanks
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by EIeyigidigan: 8:52am On Aug 22, 2022
Zanxx:

No I live in Ghana, Kasoa to be precise. Everyone knows about kasoa traffic, lol. And I have to be at work by 7:30 am
are you a Ghanaian?
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 10:12am On Aug 22, 2022
EIeyigidigan:
are you a Ghanaian?

Yes I am
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by EIeyigidigan: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2022
Zanxx:

Yes I am
married?
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 11:23am On Aug 22, 2022
EIeyigidigan:
married?

Lol no. Why do you ask?
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by EIeyigidigan: 11:58am On Aug 22, 2022
Zanxx:

Lol no. Why do you ask?
please kindly reach out to me via this mail address
unlimitedgrace2022@aol.com
I'm looking for a soulmate preferably a Ghanaian.
medaseee

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Seek Divorce From Wife Because She Has Lost Her Beauty And Figure / Are Children Really An Achievement?? / I Have Spiritual Attack Anytime My Husband Makes Love To Me – Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.