Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,100 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? (25487 Views)

Wife Of Ex-akwa Ibom Military Governor Evicts Step-children From Family House / Borrowing & Not Repaying: Have You Ever Encountered Such From Family Or Friends? / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Elxandre(m): 12:12pm On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:

I swear. What pisses me off the most is that by 3:30am I am up and getting ready for work while they sleep. I get home in the evening to find them so relaxed watching TV. Last month, I told them to get their acts together because I am not the only one living in that house. I love my family but honestly I can't continue like this
You live in Nigeria?
Just wondering why you have to be up by 3.30am.
Once lived in Accra. Didn't think there was so much traffic.
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 12:18pm On Feb 27, 2021
Elxandre:

You live in Nigeria?
Just wondering why you have to be up by 3.30am.
Once lived in Accra. Didn't think there was so much traffic.

No I live in Ghana, Kasoa to be precise. Everyone knows about kasoa traffic, lol. And I have to be at work by 7:30 am

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 12:19pm On Feb 27, 2021
Malaymoney:
God is your strenght ma

Amen
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Commanderinpips: 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2021
nextBIGthing:
Omo e no easy ooo
With the kind entitlement mentality wey Africans get again
Someone will keep malice with you because you refuse to give him/her your own hard earned money

Bros I can relate. Somebody even blocked me on his phone because I could not give him money, he never knew he was an answered prayer. African are funny.

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Deeghost007(m): 12:22pm On Feb 27, 2021
shapman:
God help us
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Commanderinpips: 12:26pm On Feb 27, 2021
Antoeni:
ON TOP ONE MAN HEAD:

1. NEPA don bring bill
2. Buy bread when u are coming
3. Buy Egg when u are coming
4. Gas don finish
5. Kerosine don finish
6a. Generator no gree start
6b. Buy fuel for generator when u are coming
7. Car don get flat tyre, e no gree start
8. School fees don show
9. DStv/GOtv etc don stop to dey show
10. Dem come ask for vigilante money
11. Month don end for Lesson teacher
12. Biscuit and Happy Hour nko?
13. Dem go begin report the children to u as u dey enter
14. If u never build, Landlord matter na madding
15. Dem go still shook hand for ur pocket pack d small change join..
16. Tell u d pikin dey run temperature like say u be doctor...
17a. Buy them credit
17b. Buy them data
18. Not excluding Suya, Cat fish etc on some nights
19. Fridge, pressing iron, fan etc. go stop, another headache..
20. Dem still wan go amusement park on public holidays
21. How much be the salary sef..

I come go hospital for fever, doctor say I get High BP.

How man no go get High BP..

And

On top all, you must not disappoint in the inner room.. dem go still give you orders,

*"HONEY HARDER"*

Please, let's take it easy......our lives matters.
With or without us, life will continue.

E no dey easy sha,
GOD Blessings be with all us

My brother you are indeed a genius. You captured everything a typical Nigerian man goes through.

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by LadyJasper: 12:43pm On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:

No I live in Ghana, Kasoa to be precise. Everyone knows about kasoa traffic, lol. And I have to be at work by 7:30 am
You honestly don't have to tell them you plan on moving out until you've found a place which should be closer to your workplace, paid the rent and ready to move in. That way they can't talk you out of it anymore and you'd have been too committed to move out and can't be talked out of it. It wouldn't stop you from helping out whenever you can, but just take care of yourself first mentally and physically.

3 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by descarado: 12:45pm On Feb 27, 2021
Hassanmaye:
)
We will not make the same mistake by GOD grace
Hahaaaaa cheesy
Majority of us are already towing that route.
Habits formed over multiple generations don't just die.

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by mmsen: 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2021
Ayo2004:

Your brain senior einstein own...I see no reason why an average man will give birth to 5+ children in this country,any sensible person should first try to get financial means to either japa from the country or set up a good environment to make more and more money but no,someone earning 100k will marry at 24 and start gathering children every birthday,nawa for us o

You talk of 100k. There are people that I know making almost half that with 5 children who think nothing of adding more.

It is evil.

4 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 12:54pm On Feb 27, 2021
LadyJasper:

You honestly don't have to tell them you plan on moving out until you've found a place which should be closer to your workplace, paid the rent and ready to move in. That way they can't talk you out of it anymore and you'd have been too committed to move out and can't be talked out of it. It wouldn't stop you from helping out whenever you can, but just take care of yourself first mentally and physically.

I will. Medaase( thank you)

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Mom007(f): 12:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

This one way to go

My brother, na you day do yourself.

You see I've been in this shoe and I can tell you with all sense of responsibility that if today you leave this Earth (God forbid) your parents, siblings and friends will survive 100% without you, I can tell you this for free, you shouldn't attend to every books dropped at request, sending your siblings airtime, What! You must be joker sincerely.

Your approach is making your circle very weak, complacent and entitled.

To circumvent this, you will have to create systems that generate money for your parents since they are old, equally you may want to encourage them to find avenues they could raise money for themselves within the capacity of strength they can muster, without overstressing to themselves, either open a small shop, or a biker to remit funds to them every week or something, just think, you understand your family better than I do.

Secondly you sister must develop herself to become a person with valuable skills she can exchange for money, maybe a hair dresser, tailor, a writer, sells cloth or something, there are businesses she could start with as low as 20K and make good profits to take care of her immediate needs like airtime, pad, transportation to school etc

You keep employing this approach of a miracle worker for every single need within your circle, you will soon become an angry man. Haba

The way it works for me is that I attend to cogent needs that could stress my parents especially when it has to do with heavy payments with short deadlines (school fees and rent), I can't imagine my brother or sister in University expecting me to recharge their phone! I have ensured they develop themselves to become people of value, who can exchange that skill for money.
Poster, oil dey your head walahi!

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by calcal: 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
Don't give your money to anyone besides freedom fighters.

Stop aiding the bad government.
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by TorinoGadgets(m): 1:30pm On Feb 27, 2021
shapman:
God help us
Done done
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by roldet804(m): 1:35pm On Feb 27, 2021
[quote author=HappyNigerian post=99443125]
My brother, I don use that strategy but dem call me stingy[/quote

bro if beacuse of too much spend on them your plan fail, na still dem wey go tok say you no get brain
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zecomoney(m): 1:40pm On Feb 27, 2021
shapman:
God help us

Amen
Here boss
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by roldet804(m): 1:41pm On Feb 27, 2021
Dozie32:
At times you dodge some of your friends and family members on your way treking with just #400.

man I love you

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by roldet804(m): 1:47pm On Feb 27, 2021
BarrElChapo:

Na laptop you dey use do nairaland ? Cos if na phone in one minute you typed this, I'm in awe

iga na copy and paste
this post is allover facebook

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 27, 2021
This looks like a small advert for Palmpay

It's a good app only that my bank sometime take 72 hours or more before acknowledging the receipt of my transactions and sometimes leading to a imbalance account
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by millyajay(f): 2:00pm On Feb 27, 2021
shapman:
God help us
amen
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by authority2006(m): 2:14pm On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:

Anytime I talk about moving out, the emotional blackmail starts. You will be surprised by the number of people who call to talk me out of it.

I have been there, trust me. When I wanted to move out, I didn't tell some people. By the time they knew, it was too late because I had already paid a year rent. No emotional blackmail could work again. You're not abandoning them, but just trying to employ new approach. Life is too short to carry the responsibility of the entire extended family on a single head most especially when one doesn't have enough

3 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by divinelypruned(f): 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:

Anytime I talk about moving out, the emotional blackmail starts. You will be surprised by the number of people who call to talk me out of it.
Do you know that the sister of one lady secretly crashed her sisters relationship becus she felt that she is feeling too big, due to the fact that she makes money, if anything happens to you now, those people calling you will still be abusing you, get and furnish an apartment without their notice, inform them when you are about to pack out, they can't do much about it, help from far, I have to move away to, to get my self back, was always depressed due to family wahala, and am really OK and happy, I have come to know that when you give them ears, they can say anything they like, but when you close it, and mistakenly opens it, they choose their words rightly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by babzlim(m): 3:17pm On Feb 27, 2021
Pray ur not in position when u need help and if u have am sure u won't be asking from anyone... Bro manage funds but don't ever joke with family...

authority2006:

How can you be so sure? You would be surprised to know what many people passed through before getting to where they are today!
It is not about running away from responsibility, it is about prioritising one's responsibility with the little income you have. You've got to prioritise when you don't have enough or excess money to go round unless you want to be down with stroke or something
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by authority2006(m): 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2021
babzlim:
Pray ur not in position when u need help and if u have am sure u won't be asking from anyone... Bro manage funds but don't ever joke with family...

We all have been there, no need to pray, we experienced it all. I'm doing the little I could do for my extended family members but they don't come first with the little resources that I have with the exception of the parents. If you kill yourself with stress today, they will continue their life.
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by miclordz(m): 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2021
shapman:
God help us
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Eagba(m): 3:51pm On Feb 27, 2021
captainamiedi1:
What I did was to open shop for my mom. Stock it with goods and explain to her that I still have a life. I need to invest as well. So far, the business is doing well and I'm free from calls. Though I'm not the first my other two elder brothers are working but parents are not depending on anyone as well. My mom hates it. She hustle on her own. Stop giving them fish. Teach them how to fish. Open business for them.
same here, I open a plumbing material shop for ma and chilled off. atimes she calls me and tell me that she have made a profit of about 60k for the month and she will thinking of where to invest it in. I usually have ideas.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 3:52pm On Feb 27, 2021
divinelypruned:

Do you know that the sister of one lady secretly crashed her sisters relationship becus she felt that she is feeling too big, due to the fact that she makes money, if anything happens to you now, those people calling you will still be abusing you, get and furnish an apartment without their notice, inform them when you are about to pack out, they can't do much about it, help from far, I have to move away to, to get my self back, was always depressed due to family wahala, and am really OK and happy, I have come to know that when you give them ears, they can say anything they like, but when you close it, and mistakenly opens it, they choose their words rightly

I hear you sis. I appreciate your kind words
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Zanxx(f): 3:53pm On Feb 27, 2021
authority2006:

I have been there, trust me. When I wanted to move out, I didn't tell some people. By the time they knew, it was too late because I had already paid a year rent. No emotional blackmail could work again. You're not abandoning them, but just trying to employ new approach. Life is too short to carry the responsibility of the entire extended family on a single head most especially when one doesn't have enough
Thanks bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Dozie32(m): 4:59pm On Feb 27, 2021
roldet804:

man I love you

Love you more..
Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by Raalsalghul: 5:07pm On Feb 27, 2021
Limassol:

I hope this generation learned a valuable of lesson: DON'T BREED MORE THAN YOU CAN CATER FOR!

Save your energy: some of them will still make that mistake.

1 Like

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by ghettochild4u(m): 5:09pm On Feb 27, 2021
Yusufisraelj:

This one way to go

My brother, na you day do yourself.

You see I've been in this shoe and I can tell you with all sense of responsibility that if today you leave this Earth (God forbid) your parents, siblings and friends will survive 100% without you, I can tell you this for free, you shouldn't attend to every books dropped at request, sending your siblings airtime, What! You must be joker sincerely.

Your approach is making your circle very weak, complacent and entitled.

To circumvent this, you will have to create systems that generate money for your parents since they are old, equally you may want to encourage them to find avenues they could raise money for themselves within the capacity of strength they can muster, without overstressing to themselves, either open a small shop, or a biker to remit funds to them every week or something, just think, you understand your family better than I do.

Secondly you sister must develop herself to become a person with valuable skills she can exchange for money, maybe a hair dresser, tailor, a writer, sells cloth or something, there are businesses she could start with as low as 20K and make good profits to take care of her immediate needs like airtime, pad, transportation to school etc

You keep employing this approach of a miracle worker for every single need within your circle, you will soon become an angry man. Haba

The way it works for me is that I attend to cogent needs that could stress my parents especially when it has to do with heavy payments with short deadlines (school fees and rent), I can't imagine my brother or sister in University expecting me to recharge their phone! I have ensured they develop themselves to become people of value, who can exchange that skill for money.
God bless you.. Best advice I have seen in a long time on NL

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by ghettochild4u(m): 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:
My dear, it's not easy ooo. Sometimes I feel like running away. My case is worse because I live with them. I am so frustrated that for over a week now I have been giving them attitude, I don't talk to any of them. I just drop money for food and any other thing that needs to be paid, then off I go. The rent is almost due and they are all waiting for me to conjure the money from the sky.smh. The burden is just too much
You are still doing yourself.. Until you sit em all down n talk about it.. No solution will come.. Like that man said... If u die today.. They'd manage without u or if u lose that job nko.
Sit them down.. Ya all think of ideas..
Opening a shop for food stuff shd not be hard for ur mum to control n her husband support her..
Within a year.. They'd know it's the best solution ya all came up with.. They cant be idle
Yoruba say ojo iku lojo isimi
They still have strength to manage that business...

2 Likes

Re: HOw Do African Youths Deal With The Numerous Bills From Family And Friends? by ghettochild4u(m): 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2021
Zanxx:

I swear. What pisses me off the most is that by 3:30am I am up and getting ready for work while they sleep. I get home in the evening to find them so relaxed watching TV. Last month, I told them to get their acts together because I am not the only one living in that house. I love my family but honestly I can't continue like this
LOL na u be eru iku

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Dissolves 25-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lateness In Preparing Meals / Nigerian Couple Welcome First Child Abroad After 30 Years Of Barrenness. Photos / My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.