Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder (63129 Views)

Anambra: Fear, Panic As Cattle Rearers, Cattle Invade New Airport / Cattle Traders Chase Police, Enugu Officials With AK- 47 - Punch / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Chinablack: 4:17am On Mar 03, 2021
the tradition of wartime irrational propaganda is what is currently flying in and out at the moment. if one ram and tomato is 10 billion naira, avoid it at moment if you can't afford, its not must that you must eat those things. even if SW and east don't farm, the blockade of the so-called food by northerners should not give them any headache when they have so many porous land and sea boarders with neighboring countries where all those things coming the north are far cheaper

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Polyglot7pointO: 4:17am On Mar 03, 2021
Bola146:
grin 1 million kill you there sad na by force undecided
d thing shrink my early morning erection as I see am ooooo
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by berrystunn(m): 4:19am On Mar 03, 2021
okeyglm:
the ram na gold. shame to southerners. you guys have been3 clamoring for Biafra and oduduwa republic. ordinary feeding your populace has turn into an uphill task. imagine ordinary ram.

If you believe this story, then you believe devil will give his life to Jesus soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by orisa37: 4:19am On Mar 03, 2021
SOWER HIGHER. EAT CHICKEN, FISH AND BUSH MEAT. STOP EATING MAD COW DISEASE.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by airminem(f): 4:24am On Mar 03, 2021
Iamgrey5:
There's nowhere in South west that tomatoes was sold for N50 not to talk of Lagos before their blockade. The least anyone can get is N100

There's nowhere in Lagos where broiler chicken was sold for 1500 even before their blockade. The least is N2000.

There's noway Ram that is locally reared in South West by most rural dwellers will be sold for 1 million, otherwise I will be in Lagos tomorrow with four rams and I will be a millionaire at the end of the day. Rams usually sells for 70k to 200k, atmost the rams shouldn't top 400k by now

The report is full of lies from top to bottom.

Let Northerners continue to decieve themselves. cheesy
You are NOT a honest man

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by airminem(f): 4:26am On Mar 03, 2021
Simplyleo:

I don't pray this gets unnecessarily prolonged leading us into begging which will rather be humiliating. Food is one of the most important basic needs of man.

I understand one of the strategies used by the North in making those people to surrender unconditional was the cut in supply of food and clowns are making useless noise.
exactly the point. They JOKE with serious realities sad

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by airminem(f): 4:38am On Mar 03, 2021
jimyjames:

No, please answer the question, what will biafrans do with ram?
biafrans?! You mean those that killed soldiers protecting them? I heard they NOW terorrrrist org. God bless our supreme court governor Uzodinma for clearing IMO STATE from this dangerous group angry

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Walezy2020: 4:50am On Mar 03, 2021
yrret:
Dem don hammer! with the way things are going will my 15k salary as teacher accommodate me in these coming days. chai!!
my Guy wise up thank God you get smartphone venture into cryptocurrency think big & start small
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Walezy2020: 4:55am On Mar 03, 2021
Chinablack:
the tradition of wartime irrational propaganda is what is currently flying in and out at the moment. if one ram and tomato is 10 billion naira, avoid it at moment if you can't afford, its not must that you must eat those things. even if SW and east don't farm, the blockade of the so-called food by northerners should not give them any headache when they have so many porous land and sea boarders with neighboring countries where all those things coming the north are far cheaper
Honestly God no go let the North shame us,make we too buckle up, Southwest should embrace farming like never before & Government should empower the Youth,Go back to farm scheme....& provide modern farm equipment afterall if most Youths can't farm what about those that what they study in School is Agriculture those ones should be supported

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by wonder233: 4:56am On Mar 03, 2021
Try harder with your propaganda. This particular one has failed. Your northern brothers are snubbing your so-called blockade hence you're running helter skelter creating threads all over nairaland to promote a spurious scarcity. We are laughing at you in the south cos it is the same innocent poor farmer whom you're trying to prevent from selling his produce that will turn on you and beat the madness out of your head.
Simplyleo:

Lol.

Ajah indeed.

People also reside in Ikoyi.

But we know that kind of "residing".

Now get out of my mention with this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by wonder233: 4:59am On Mar 03, 2021
*Yawn* fake Facebook accounts. Stale expired tactics. Something even an elementary spammer knows. You dey fall hand, thought you were smarter than this
Chigboboss:

You must still be eating mummy thank you

Smh.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Polyglot7pointO: 5:09am On Mar 03, 2021
Beremx:
1 million for ram! Is the size of ram bigger than elephant?
its 4am in d uk and diz news has taken d gas outta me like a punch in d guts.. I’m just thinking if diz will ever be true because growing up and the Nigeria dat was projected are on opposite driving directions now.. I will want to ask someone to go checkout d prices for me maybe then I can wail or nod my head for a repugnant propaganda.. who knows

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by BigDick70inch(m): 5:09am On Mar 03, 2021
Simplyleo:
From the comments above, I can tell over 90% are still being fed at home.

Real bread winners know whatsup in prices of foodstuff in the markets especially Lagos.

Imagine N200 Suya now sold for 2k and clowns feeding from mummy's pot talking nonsense. undecided

Oloriburuku Aboki!!!!
Ogun lo ma pa Iwo ati family..........Ase!!!
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Tejutope(m): 5:11am On Mar 03, 2021
Na lie
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Asswipemod: 5:15am On Mar 03, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

Which kind lie be this nah!

These people should learn how to tell a respectable lie now.

It seems you don't know them. Their stupidit.y is something else. Out of this world.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:17am On Mar 03, 2021
zicoraads:

This is funny.

I have rams too. grin
if u dey #1m too, just kari your ram(s) go tailor house make he begin measure your own agbada tongue
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Asswipemod: 5:19am On Mar 03, 2021
okeyglm:
the ram na gold. shame to southerners. you guys have been3 clamoring for Biafra and oduduwa republic. ordinary feeding your populace has turn into an uphill task. imagine ordinary ram.

If you actually and genuinely believed what that Fulani impostor posted( thats if you're not part of them) you are the most deedeereen person in the world. What i am trying to say is that you are full of wisdom.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Rotimi47: 5:20am On Mar 03, 2021
DANGOTE IS LOSING MONEY!!!!

Forgot all the North propagandas as they're losing money heavily.

Let them keep their food stuffs and let the South get alternatives in the South and in friendly neighboring benin republic, togo and cameroon.

Southerners are doing better than the Northerners as they are panicking more but trying to suppress the news of their panicking.

As already forecasted, drought would soon hits nothing less than 6 states in the North as per NIMET and the way things are they will be rushing to sell their animals to the South as cheap prices.

However the below report by Bloomberg is on Dangote...

Dagote, the founder of Africa’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerate, Dangote Industries, has seen his net worth decline by a whopping $1.20 billion in the month of February alone.

Africa’s richest man whose wealth peaked at $18.4 billion this year, saw his wealth declined by $1.20 billion, to $16.6 billion from $17.8 billion recorded on the 31st of January 2021, data retrieved from Bloomberg Billionaire Index reveals.

By Clever Advertising
Source: Bloomberg Billionaire Index
The fall in Dangote’s net worth is partly attributable to the decline in the share price of his flagship company, Dangote Cement Plc (DCP), as well as the share price of his integrated sugar business, Dangote Sugar Refinery Plc (DSR).

The decline in the share price of these companies which impacted their market capitalization was occasioned by profit-taking activities by investors in February.

Facts about Dangote’s networth valuation
The majority of Dangote’s fortune is derived from his 86% stake in the publicly-traded Dangote Cement, as the billionaire holds the shares of the company directly and through his conglomerate, Dangote Industries.

He holds stakes in Nascon Allied Industries and United Bank for Africa, directly and through Dangote Industries, a conglomerate that also owns closely held businesses operating in food manufacturing, fertilizer, oil and other industries.

Dangote’s most valuable closely held asset is his fertilizer plant with a capacity to produce up to 2.8MT of urea annually. The $2.5 billion fertilizer plant owned by Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote, is expected to commence operation in the first quarter of 2021.

The billionaire also owns a $12 billion oil refinery which is expected to be completed this year. However, the plant is not included in his net worth valuation, for some reason.

What you should know
The shares of Dangote Cement at the close trading activities for the month of February declined by 6.78%, extending the YTD loss on the shares of the cement behemoth to over 10%.
On the flip side, shares of Dangote Sugar Refinery also declined by 15.29% to close the month lower at N18 per share, thus correcting the YTD gains of its shares to 2.27%.

The above is just an example what they are going through but are still trying to spread propagandas!!!

Learnt some of their traders bringing perishable items to the South were crying live about their loses in some market few days ago.

Let people know that the North are suffering the blockade more than the South as Agriculture is their lifeline and they are losing huge amount of money already.

As per several authenticated news,

Banditry have also increased in the North and the herdsmens that left the South have started causing trouble in Kaduna.

I pity the innocent up North but it's not the South's fault but that of those controlling them and they always gladly follow what they are told sheeply without checking out facts.

Anyway, May God bless the South forever.

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Asswipemod: 5:22am On Mar 03, 2021
Simplyleo:
From the comments above, I can tell over 90% are still being fed at home.

Real bread winners know whatsup in prices of foodstuff in the markets especially Lagos.

Imagine N200 Suya now sold for 2k and clowns feeding from mummy's pot talking nonsense. undecided

Then stop eating suya!

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by CoolVoice(m): 5:27am On Mar 03, 2021
Lol complete Lie PR Strategy. They are losing at all front. Their Farmers and Suffering for the selfish Interest of their leaders lol.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by slydog(m): 5:46am On Mar 03, 2021
I'm quickly reminded of the wise words of Adam Smith.
The Northerners hoarding food supplies are not doing it because they love us, it's of their own interest they sell food to us.
I'm certain if it were so easy for them to export their products to neighboring countries, they would have done that long ago, but the south is an every ready market for them, low transport and logistics fee.

Thus, in the short run, they'll prove their point, but in the long run, they'll be worse off

On the other hand, the South will experience pain in the short run, but in the long run, when alternative are found, we'll be better off.

On Friday, a campaign is beginning on the need to do away with red meat which increases bad cholesterol in the body. People will be more informed. It's time for lean/white meat. Chicken, goat aka 404, rabbit etc. Personally, I'm doing away with beef, it's either chicken or 404.

You may argue that the price will rise, yes it will, but at the same time more people in the south will go into this. It's because of the blockage that I have even found animal farms and have booked for goat meat. Every southerner now will buy chicken and keep in their compound for steady meat.

DAWN have already began strategizing on food security in the West, the East should quickly do same.

Finally, the North will loose the chess game should the South put her shit together.

1 Share

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Rotimi47: 5:53am On Mar 03, 2021
Traders in Kano lament as onion bag sold in the South for N35k crashes to N7k in the North (video)
LindaikejisblogMar 2, 2021Read original

Farmers and traders in Kano are lamenting as farm produce, which can't be sent to the South due to the ongoing strike by sellers of cows and food stuff, are now being sold in the North at ridiculously low prices.

In video shared by Daily Trust, the farmers and marketers at the Gun-Dutse onion market, Dawakin Kudu Local government Area of Kano State, are seen lamenting the effect of the ongoing strike by the sellers of cows and foodstuff.

Recall that trucks bringing food stuff to the Southern part of Nigeria were turned back at Kara Jebba, the last village between Niger state and Kwara state, to prevent them from bringing food to the South (read here ).

This strike is connected to an ultimatum given by the national leadership of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) to the Federal Government which demanded compensation for the losses suffered by Northern traders in the recent mayhem at Shasha market in Ibadan, Oyo State.

The strike led to an increase in price of food commodities in the south but in the north, the prices are plummeting.

According to Daily Trust, farmers said before the protest, they usually transport a minimum of 20 trucks to the southern part of the country on a daily basis but the strike has affected them badly.

The largest bag of onion, which sold at N35,000 few weeks ago and as high as N70,000 during the onion scarcity last year, is now being sold for N7,000.

Below is a video taken at the market.

https://www.instagram.com/_u/lindaikejiblogofficial/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=CAB7D79A-1BFB-4869-9DC0-8DFB96BB19F5
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Btruth: 5:57am On Mar 03, 2021
Anyone who believe the story will believe anything. Bunch of lies.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by darkwan: 5:59am On Mar 03, 2021
some of you just dont think....

una cant imagine how price of food can affect alot of things....

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by dvkot(m): 6:02am On Mar 03, 2021
truth be told sacristy will increase price,
but the north will suffer it too.. cos there would be surplus in their land and they won't recover of the losses they made. most of their perishable goods will spoil so they will lose huge amount in the process. The south will not suffer at all they will adjust and adapt and get alternative to the situation.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by bukatyne(f): 6:03am On Mar 03, 2021
Rossnitti:

Their ethnic hatred of Hausa-Fulanis won't let them admit they actually need those Hausa-Fulanis they hate so much.

This is where I started suspecting you.

Narrowing down this issue to 'hatred for Hausa-Fulanis' exposes the kind of person you are.

Ride on!
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by amp01(m): 6:08am On Mar 03, 2021
Kelvin3476:
Can someone prepare onion, carriot, tomato, carbage for life time food, and nt die of hunger ? Dnt tell me u bring rice, beans be4 thunder go strike u like haaland

That's not my question, mention three(3) products that moves from the south to the north,outside fuel.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by bukatyne(f): 6:09am On Mar 03, 2021
ensamy:

We can also stop crude oil and petroleum products from going to the North. Just lock the pipeline that carry the product to the North.

grin

When the North is the Government in power.

All these stunts of 'we would boycott meat, stop this' etc are initial gra gra:

For the South (Yoruba & Igbos) to 'win' this 'war', we need long term strategy.

For instance, they have entrenched themselves as part of the ecosystem in Lagos that if they all receive a coded message to harm everyone they are close it, more than 75% of the population would be harmed or dead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Nnamdi Kanu Showed Extreme Carelessness By Going To Kenya / #endsars: Anonymous Hacks CBN Website / President Tinubu Appoints Kunle Adeleke, Dele Alake, Olusegun Dada As Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.