Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder (63111 Views)

Anambra: Fear, Panic As Cattle Rearers, Cattle Invade New Airport / Cattle Traders Chase Police, Enugu Officials With AK- 47 - Punch / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by CSTRR: 11:54pm On Mar 02, 2021
HacheNoire:

Move-on from beef grin. Where has this happened?

Suppliers will lose while consumer's pay through their nose. It's a lose-lose

Like I said, price will only continue to go higher and consumer's will keep paying.

Economics 101.

Price will rise but for a period.

Once it becomes profitable enough, Southerners will enter the business.

2 Likes

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by doxijaw: 11:54pm On Mar 02, 2021
canalily:
Here in Kalahari, we Have started setting traps for Bush meat... Who cares.....

Hunter gathering again cheesy

No Innovative solutions.l?

Trust my African brothers to stay competing with Neanderthals and tell us how westernised they are.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by babytoun: 11:56pm On Mar 02, 2021
Abeg remove this nonsense from front page
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kayharry(m): 11:57pm On Mar 02, 2021
It's a lie
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by tutudesz: 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2021
BrodaEuros:
the actual name of ths grasscutter na cane rat. they are all under the same rodent family.
you guys just give am posh name so you can eat it. keep that big rat you know beside this socalled grasscuter and u will see that they are the same
Lion na part of cat family, but cat different from lion and tiger. The same apply to cane rate aka grass cutter aka bushmeat
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Babalegba(m): 12:01am On Mar 03, 2021
HacheNoire:

Move-on from beef grin. Where has this happened?

Suppliers will lose while consumer's pay through their nose. It's a lose-lose

Like I said, price will only continue to go higher and consumer's will keep paying.

Economics 101.

Your economic reasoning is flawed because it does not account for human nature.The supplier loses but the consumer could decide not to buy when price reaches a certain point and new habits will be formed. I've noticed that ibos eat less beef than yorubas but eat more vegetables. I would like the blockade to continue so that Yoruba diet will improve. Events would soon prove that yorubas don't need the north at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:01am On Mar 03, 2021
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Pls my post is for men, not kids feeding from mummy's pot.
U post is for fools. U no ready ur mumu post be4 u comment . Now listen carefully "ur mumu post says u aren't a breadwinner, and might never be . As a breadloser na suya cost be ur issue; abi ?

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by HacheNoire: 12:02am On Mar 03, 2021
CSTRR:

Price will rise but for a period.

Once it becomes profitable enough, Southerners will enter the business.

What's the period you are envisaging... Year or decades.

If you face the square reality, all this agitations are just cosmetic. "IT IS IMPOSSIBLE"

Quote this and refer me if things change. You can't take animal husbandry and agriculture from the North. You can't beat them as far as Nigeria is concerned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 03, 2021
HacheNoire:

When are you going to boycott water and electricity.

Gibberish!

Water and electricity what? When are you going to have sense?
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:04am On Mar 03, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Go and buy Suya for your children old man.

Shebi that is their food

Spewing trash with confidence! grin
IF THAT IDIOT IS A MAN EH, NA STUPID MAN HIM BE. HUNGER GO WIRE HIM INNOCENT FAMILY TIRE
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Lightorder: 12:05am On Mar 03, 2021
Bola146:
grin 1 million kill you there sad na by force undecided
is that what you are saying? Don’t you know that ram cures COVID-19 and raises the dead Dey dia nau
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by guru90: 12:05am On Mar 03, 2021
My local chicken always available 24hrs..... Northerners don fellow lai Muhammed footsteps.

A plus plus plus plus a.k.a Ph.d in lying.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Chigboboss: 12:05am On Mar 03, 2021
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Lightorder: 12:09am On Mar 03, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

Which kind lie be this nah!

These people should learn how to tell a respectable lie now.
if their exposed high and mighty are in power telling us those cock and bull as they fail repeatedly, what do you expect from their lesser breed ?
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by HacheNoire: 12:09am On Mar 03, 2021
Babalegba:
Your economic reasoning is flawed because it does not account for human nature.The supplier loses but the consumer could decide not to buy when price reaches a certain point and new habits will be formed. I've noticed that ibos eat less beef than yorubas but eat more vegetables. I would like the blockade to continue so that Yoruba diet will improve. Events would soon prove that yorubas don't need the north at all.

The consumer won't buy beef when it reaches a certain point? We talking beef here and not Beer.

Demand will continue to go high! Wait till next Sallah or Christmas and see if a cattle won't go for 10 million, and you know what, people will still buy.

Whether Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, the effect will be felt by all. Just onions you guys were buying at high price, Nairaland was filled with topics about onions.

Reality will dawn on you in less than 3 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by beehivedata(m): 12:09am On Mar 03, 2021
Ram price getting closer to bitcoin price.

Comedic state grin
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:10am On Mar 03, 2021
Simplyleo:

I don't pray this gets unnecessarily prolonged leading us into begging which will rather be humiliating. Food is one of the most important basic needs of man.

I understand one of the strategies used by the North in making those people to surrender unconditional was the cut in supply of food and clowns are making useless noise.
U clowns should be strategically begging on ur family behalf , and not southerners. cow, onion, tomato, carbbage, carriot etc shay na him be the food abeg. Go sleep jareh
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:12am On Mar 03, 2021
jelel6:

Nigerians are habitual chest-beaters and unnecessarily boastful. It's always a mentality of US, WE, against THEM. They are incapable of shedding their tribalist viewpoint in EVERYTHING. ALWAYS very stubborn and narrow-minded.

As long as they have taken it personally, they will never tell you the truth - which is the situation is a very uncomfortable one and can't be bearable for much longer. Instead, they'll tell US That 1970s hunters will start springing up every and hunting Elephants, Buffaloes, Alligators and Anacondas for the whole Nigeria to eat.
Who is holding u back ? Go ahead and beg

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Lightorder: 12:12am On Mar 03, 2021
Chigboboss:
Wahala be like ShaSha...

These people should resolve their problem.

Go and look for trouble alone then be trying to drag the better south into their wahala. If its politics na to dey form sophisticated.
i tire o. I no dey hear from OGA bullion van again. He once said , “ if they are herdsmen, where are their cattles “
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by HacheNoire: 12:13am On Mar 03, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Ok bro

Customers will lose the sensation of beef taste shey? cheesy

Please you don't know the first thing about Economics.

Seems you have comprehension problems.

My emphasis has been that consumer's will continue to pay for the staple product.

In factual reality, YOU CANNOT BOYCOTT BEEF.

It can't stand or hold. Pure fiction!
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by thatigboman: 12:13am On Mar 03, 2021
ijustdey:

https://dailynigerian.com/ram-costs-million-lagos-cattle/
fulanis from futa jallon, guinea can lie badly. There's abundant food in south in the south as we speak. No kobo increase in the price of beef.
Who is buying ram for 1 million naira? The person wants to use it place bet in betnaija or what?
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by realman4me(m): 12:13am On Mar 03, 2021
Mille:
All these yeye northerners busy writing rubbish to make it seem anyone cares about their embargo.....

The truth is, we don't care. All these noise about it is only online talk. People don't care about it offline. How many people dey chop cow sef.

Idiot even said "According to a report by the BBC, a ram was on Tuesday sold at N1millon and another at N800,000 at Alaba Rago Market in Lagos State.".lol honestly we no care but wait ooo guy tk am easy now lol

Where is the link to the BBC report? Rubbish and Nonsense.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by kingola87(m): 12:13am On Mar 03, 2021
Small small nw Oga.
Well done sir.

Where was your own #200 suya was sold for 2k.
Haba! Fear God na.

I was coming back from office this evening around 9pm.
Suya dey Ojuelegba, suya dey Surulere Road, Suya dey Yaba, suya dey Sabo market.

I'm sure dem go carry some go their house coz dem just dey their like dey used to dey.

E con be like say people dey vex for the Suya self coz those abokis no look happy as dem dey always be.

This I have seen.

Simplyleo:
From the comments above, I can tell over 90% are still being fed at home.

Real bread winners know whatsup in prices of foodstuff in the markets especially Lagos.

Imagine N200 Suya now sold for 2k and clowns feeding from mummy's pot talking nonsense. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:14am On Mar 03, 2021
Simplyleo:

Yes, I buy suya almost on daily basis.

Indeed, one ipob miscreant was begging the abokki to reduce price of the suya for him.

Be on nairaland making useless noise when the guys out there know whatsup.

As I have said, my post is not clowns who cant afford N100 meat for themselves, in which case are not affected by the rise in price.

Bye.
I know u dnt price while buying things. As a bandit wey u be , u dn cashout wella.

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Lightorder: 12:15am On Mar 03, 2021
okeyglm:
the ram na gold. shame to southerners. you guys have been3 clamoring for Biafra and oduduwa republic. ordinary feeding your populace has turn into an uphill task. imagine ordinary ram.
oga, I don’t need to be a farmer to feed well. Let us see whose merchandise is going down the drain. For me , i hold my money. If one road closes, another opens. Meanwhile, what do I need ram for?
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:15am On Mar 03, 2021
okeyglm:
don't you eat ram in Biafra land. biko. what about burials and thanksgiving in church. what will biafrans do with efi awusa
WE ALSO USE CHICKEN, AND EFI IGBO.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Iamgrey5(m): 12:16am On Mar 03, 2021
HacheNoire:

Seems you have comprehension problems.

My emphasis has been that consumer's will continue to pay for the staple product.

In factual reality, YOU CANNOT BOYCOTT BEEF.

It can't stand or hold. Pure fiction!
You have no Idea of what basic economics is sir, neither do you know the through definition of staple food.

Please answer the basic economics question sir

What is opportunity cost?

2 Likes

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:19am On Mar 03, 2021
35824L:
One thing that southerners fail to realize is that if southerners were the ones controlling the agriculture market like northerners, the cost of food items would be out of reach to majority of the people. Southern greed especially from the money worshipping gully erosion ravaged region would have seen the cost of food prices ten times the current prices.
Gully erosion ravaged region like lagos abi ? U no see as their ram turn gold
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by thatigboman: 12:20am On Mar 03, 2021
Nairaland mods shaa. So if they tell u that ram costs N1 Million, you will believe and put it on frontpage. Even if it ram made of gold, will it cost that much? Ram that is only eaten during sallah.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by HacheNoire: 12:21am On Mar 03, 2021
Iamgrey5:
You have no Idea of what basic economics is sir, neither do you know the through definition of staple food.

Please answer the basic economics question sir

What is opportunity cost?

Hello! We talking beef here and not beer!

Are you same person I told to give an example of market where this has played out? It has never happened and why I call it fiction.

Again! Beef is the subject and not beer.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Newton85: 12:21am On Mar 03, 2021
Simplyleo:
From the comments above, I can tell over 90% are still being fed at home.

Real bread winners know whatsup in prices of foodstuff in the markets especially Lagos.

Imagine N200 Suya now sold for 2k and clowns feeding from mummy's pot talking nonsense. undecided
Shut up, eru Fulani. You only have the energy to bash the Igbos while shamelessly kissing the asses of murderous Fulani barbarians wreaking havoc in Yorubaland.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Obasanjo Earns N40,000 As NOUN Lecturer —VC / "See How Scared APC Are At Borno Rally, Fear Of 'Defeated' Boko Haram"- Adeyanju / President Tinubu Appoints Kunle Adeleke, Dele Alake, Olusegun Dada As Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.