Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder (63108 Views)

Anambra: Fear, Panic As Cattle Rearers, Cattle Invade New Airport / Cattle Traders Chase Police, Enugu Officials With AK- 47 - Punch / Afenifere To Tinubu: You Can Give Your House As Cattle Colony, Not Yorubaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Iamgrey5(m): 12:23am On Mar 03, 2021
HacheNoire:

Hello! We talking beef here and not beer!

Are you same person I told to give an example of market where this has played out? It has never happened and why I call it fiction.

Again! Beef is the subject and not beer.

Bro what has beer got to do with opportunity cost?

Are you sure you did economics in Secondary school to begin with?

3 Likes

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by mkoabiola: 12:27am On Mar 03, 2021
No sane human being in d west will buy ran for 1million.

This is jus another bloody lie...

Daily times is owned by a northerner.

They are jus being paid to write this rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by HacheNoire: 12:28am On Mar 03, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Bro what has beer got to do with opportunity cost?

Are you sure you did economics in Secondary school to begin with?

You seem not to be conversant with the product been mentioned. Tell me a market where a product like beef had been substituted or lost market share.

I gave examples earlier about the ban on imported rice. What did the ban do to price? Even with a readily available substitute.

You talking opportunity cost for a basic.

Quote me and requote me again when reality dawn's on you. BEEF WILL NEVER HAVE A SUBSTITUTE.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Babalegba(m): 12:30am On Mar 03, 2021
HacheNoire:

The consumer won't buy beef when it reaches a certain point? We talking beef here and not Beer.

Demand will continue to go high! Wait till next Sallah or Christmas and see if a cattle won't go for 10 million, and you know what, people will still buy.

Whether Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, the effect will be felt by all. Just onions you guys were buying at high price, Nairaland was filled with topics about onions.

Reality will dawn on you in less than 3 weeks.

I wish this blockade will continue for more than a year actually. Then it would have been proven that beef is not a necessity and my assertion that the consumer would only tolerate price rises to certain point would have been borne out. Beef is not important at all and I hope that soon yorubas will realize that they do not need Anybody.The north is going to be a no go area very soon anyway as the criminals and bandits would soon overwhelm the place and make it unhabitable for decent human beings. Yorubas need to disengage from Nigeria before the mass exodus to the south starts.

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by CobraAnambra: 12:30am On Mar 03, 2021
Chigboboss:

If they were not courageous, how come Fulani is ruling Illorin?

How can they face spineless Yorubas that are busy looking for the border?

Lmao Yoloba grin
Your Emir in ilorin was beaten and ran back to sokoto twice but the British reinstalled him. The coming of British was fulani saving grace in Nigeria, otherwise, they'd have been buried under the dusty northern soil a long time ago.

-cobra
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:30am On Mar 03, 2021
amp01:

Which product going to the north from the south, mention three(3) outside fuel.
Am waiting.
Can someone prepare onion, carriot, tomato, carbage for life time food, and nt die of hunger ? Dnt tell me u bring rice, beans be4 thunder go strike u like haaland
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Ade3131: 12:32am On Mar 03, 2021
okeyglm:
the ram na gold. shame to southerners. you guys have been3 clamoring for Biafra and oduduwa republic. ordinary feeding your populace has turn into an uphill task. imagine ordinary ram.

Just so you know, I was at this same Alaba Rago yesterday and hell no! Na fat lie.

Azzin! This news is the greatest lie of all time. I equally passed through Yankaji (where they sell chicken and the "talo talo" ... Funny how that sounds). Na pure lies. Who dey even go Alaba Rago go buy chicken when Alaba International market down to Ajangbadi is now filled with Igbo and Yoruba chicken sellers who sells old layers and boilers.

Believe me, na fat lie!
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Goalnaldo(m): 12:32am On Mar 03, 2021
There's nothing God cannot use to bless someone. Imagine if this story is true and you own at least four Rams. You don turn multi millionaire be that.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by HacheNoire: 12:33am On Mar 03, 2021
Babalegba:
I wish this blockade will continue for more than a year actually. Then it would have been proven that beef is not a necessity and my assertion that the consumer would only tolerate price rises to certain point would have been borne out. Beef is not important at all and I hope that soon yorubas will realize that they do not need Anybody.The north is going to be a no go area very soon anyway as the criminals and bandits would soon overwhelm the place and make it unhabitable for decent human beings. Yorubas need to disengage from Nigeria before the mass exodus to the south starts.

You still have not given me a market where your opportunity cost played on a basic.

I have sighted examples and still haven't gotten any from you.

Consumer's will continue to pay through their nose. At 10 million per cattle, people will still buy. It's a constant. It will only be a product for the rich in worst case scenario
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by gnykelly(m): 12:33am On Mar 03, 2021
and the president kept silent. this is prelude to war.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:35am On Mar 03, 2021
Incognito403:

Exactly 100%>
Naive teenagers.
Shameless old men
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Babalegba(m): 12:35am On Mar 03, 2021
HacheNoire:

You still have not given me a market where your opportunity cost played on a basic.

I have sighted examples and still haven't gotten any from you.

Consumer's will continue to pay through their nose. At 10 million per cattle, people will still buy. It's a constant. It will only be a product for the rich in worst case scenario
We shall see
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by HacheNoire: 12:37am On Mar 03, 2021
Babalegba:
We shall see

Nothing to see here. It's has certain as the morning sun
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:38am On Mar 03, 2021
Chigboboss:

You must still be eating mummy thank you
Smh.
U talk like a kid
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by pekisdgee(m): 12:40am On Mar 03, 2021
na turkey sure pass now ooo... even snail i don miss am wella we move
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Iamgrey5(m): 12:40am On Mar 03, 2021
HacheNoire:

You seem not to be conversant with the product been mentioned. Tell me a market where a product like beef had been substituted or lost market share.

I gave examples earlier about the ban on imported rice. What did the ban do to price? Even with a readily available substitute.

You talking opportunity cost for a basic.

Quote me and requote me again when reality dawn's on you. BEEF WILL NEVER HAVE A SUBSTITUTE.

It seems you are living in Jupiter

in a price sensitive Nigeria

Beef can even be substituted by ordinary eggs.

ok let break down to the simplest form

Beef is s source of protein often used to subsidize or compensate our excess carbohydrate diet in Africa.

Other source of protein include Pork, Fish, goat meat, Guniea fowl, Turkey, chicken, bush or forest meat, domesticated rabbit, snail and even egg.

Opportunity cost is alternative forgone e.g

For example, if My salary is 50k I can't afford beef for 5k so because of the excessive price, I will go for fish. I can get buy fish for 700h (alternative forgone is meat)

In the end, I got my protein but the cow sellers lose genuine opportunity to make money while the fish seller is cashing out.

Simple enough for you sir.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:41am On Mar 03, 2021
Jeromejnr:

It's true sir.
WHAT IS TRUE ? MAKE UNA GVE ME GIST
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by jelel6: 12:43am On Mar 03, 2021
Kelvin3476:
Who is holding u back ? Go ahead and beg

I said it, typical Nigerian. Unnecessarily confrontational and yet tone deaf.

Did we arrived at the present situation of things because you stopped begging them?
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by HacheNoire: 12:44am On Mar 03, 2021
Iamgrey5:
It seems you are living in Jupiter

in a price sensitive Nigeria

Beef can even be substituted by ordinary eggs.

ok let break down to the simplest form

Beef is s source of protein often used to subsidize or compensate our excess carbohydrate diet in Africa.

Other source of protein include Pork, Fish, goat meat, Guniea fowl, Turkey, chicken, bush or forest meat, domesticated rabbit, snail and even egg.

Opportunity cost is alternative forgone e.g

For example, if My salary is 50k I can't afford beef for 5k so because of the excessive price, I will go for fish. I can get buy fish for 700h (alternative forgone is meat)

In the end, I got my protein but the cow sellers lose genuine opportunity to make money while the fish seller is cashing out.

Simple enough for you sir.

Okay.... Time will tell.

Your likes could not boycott foreign rice despite the price and readily available close substitute, and you talking of beef.
I have heard you. NO ARGUMENT Time will tell..
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Cachetdotng: 12:45am On Mar 03, 2021
So...ram now don equal to land and foundation sef...na waoh...ram owners go need to hire halogen security to guard their asset be dat grin
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Iamgrey5(m): 12:47am On Mar 03, 2021
HacheNoire:

Okay.... Time will tell.

Your likes could not boycott foreign rice despite the price and readily available close substitute, and you talking of beef.
I have heard you. NO ARGUMENT Time will tell..
lol

You mean it's the same quantity of foreign rice that is being consumer now as at when it was 8k?
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Buchitoochi: 12:47am On Mar 03, 2021
Lies from the pit of hell. Sensationalism and foolish exaggeration
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Mummymahdi(f): 12:53am On Mar 03, 2021
Never4getU:
Must we eat beaf meat? Is it a must

Abeggie! let them go with their cow jor... let's see who blink first!

Can cow eat cow grin

Animal calling cat bush meat!

South is the only source of Hausa/Fulani means of wealth. Blocking foodstuffs and cows from coming south is insulting and if it's play it should stop cos we can farm and reare cow too.

However, we can also reciprocate by blocking products going to north from south.

#WHOBLINKFIRST #TAKEURCOWWETAKEOUROIL...Trend!!! grin

See one kind lie
Which one be south na d only s ource of Hausa Fulani wealth. U lied o.
Most of them are not staying at home right now, they are taking most of the products to neighbouring countries and discovers its more profitable and safe.

1 Like

Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:53am On Mar 03, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Supply and demand determines market price in a market economy

If a sizable portion of the supply is taken away from the market suddenly, the Market will react to the shock by increasing prices.

However, demand will fall in time and market will adjust to the new normal.

it's absolutely normal.
Gem
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by HacheNoire: 12:54am On Mar 03, 2021
Iamgrey5:
lol

You mean it's the same quantity of foreign rice that is being consumer now as at when it was 8k?

Local rice had existed prior to ban and never been a competitor. Till date, it is still not a competitor. The ban only took price to the next level. It didn't sizably affect demand, which would have reflected on price of foreign rice if it ever did.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Jamesbiodun(m): 12:59am On Mar 03, 2021
Lol, who buy the ram self
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Kelvin3476: 12:59am On Mar 03, 2021
abfemi163:

It seems u not getting it,the Northerners have joined dem cause dey have conquered dem a long time ago,do u see any Northerner not supporting fulanis

Northerners are our problem
Our biggest problem
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by calcal: 1:01am On Mar 03, 2021
Vegetarians are living without beef oooo! SAY NO TO BEEF
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by Charx122: 1:13am On Mar 03, 2021
Bola146:
grin 1 million kill you there sad na by force undecided
.Ram? Watin do Fish and Chicken not forgotten turkey..
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by gaskiyamagana: 1:20am On Mar 03, 2021
Let dem sell #10 million naira sef, the politheificians will buy but for us, He goat wey better ram dey flenty, flenty just for #20,000.
Re: Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Traders’ Strike Bites Harder by BOYSingapore: 1:22am On Mar 03, 2021
Bola146:
grin 1 million kill you there sad na by force undecided
As a vegetarian... It's a win win situation

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili / Photo Of A Policeman Trying To Shake Buhari / Obasanjo Earns N40,000 As NOUN Lecturer —VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.