Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,287 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) (5546 Views)

Brother Gifts Her A Car On Her Wedding Day: Sparks Mixed Reactions Online / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old? / Ghanaian Banker Dies On Her Wedding Day (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by OluwaLina1(f): 10:08am On Mar 12, 2021
Hello nairalanders,

For those who followed my thread about how my sister cancelled her wedding plans because she doesn't want to stay with her mother-in-law(MIL).For those who haven't been following the thread,this is the link.https://www.nairaland.com/6044440/sister-cancels-wedding-she-doing#92649527
After she cancelled the wedding plans around August,the guy also decided not to bother her again that they should finally go their separate ways if she can't live with his mum(This is not their agreement when they're courting).The MIL was telling people that my sis is using style to call her a witch,if not why would she not
agree to live with her.

Family members came together to make things right and things got settled.My sister insisted she won't live with the mum and the guy told her to go ahead with her plans and she went ahead to rent an apartment.Mind you,the MIL said she won't be coming to visit them,it shouldn't like she wants to be disturbing them

My sis told me that They told his mum that if they build they own house she'll start living with them but she declined saying if they cannot stay with her before building they own house they should forget about her staying with them.The MIL did a lot of things so that the guy can change his mind,but my sister stood on her opinion.
After everything they got married in December.
The MIL is not happy and not even friendly to my sister,but my sister no send her.
Hope she did the right thing

2 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Draslo(m): 10:16am On Mar 12, 2021
Your sister will likely birth sons and if she's lucky to be alive when they marry, she'll be paid back in her own coin, just maybe not the same circumstances. If na Dangote pikin she marry and the son wants his mother to live with them, I can bet she'll have absolutely no problems with it.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by OluwaLina1(f): 10:23am On Mar 12, 2021
Draslo:
Your sister will likely sons and if she's lucky to be alive when they marry, she'll be paid back in her own coin, just maybe not the same circumstances. If na Dangote pikin she marry and the son wants his mother to live with them, I can bet she'll have absolutely no problems with it.
Lol...read again without hatred in ya heart

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by crackhaus: 10:32am On Mar 12, 2021
Your sister is the best woman in the world. Blessed is she amongst women.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by merieam16(f): 10:45am On Mar 12, 2021
Lolzz...ur sis stubborn gan oo

10 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Vikinatty(f): 10:49am On Mar 12, 2021
Well ur sister made the right decision but her mother inlaw can visit not staying with them

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by mariahAngel(f): 10:51am On Mar 12, 2021
First of all, what is the situation with the mother in-law?
Apart from her son that married your sister, does she not have any other children?
What about her husband?

8 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Kondomatic(m): 11:07am On Mar 12, 2021
Good for them.

Their life decisions, their business.

Nothing concern us.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by IfGodbeforus(m): 11:30am On Mar 12, 2021
As long as your sister and her husband have one mind and are in agreement, there is no problem. This what really matters.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Amanee(f): 11:58am On Mar 12, 2021
Op get a life please

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by cassidy1996(m): 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
hmmmm .... your sister should calm down. she will become a mother inlaw one day, then she would understand better

2 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Draslo(m): 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2021
OluwaLina1:

Lol...read again without hatred in ya heart
No hatred here. I'm sorry to say but your sister is very foolish to begin a marriage with issues with her mother-in-law. If she falls down a flight of staircase, I'm sure she'll blame her mother-in-law. Same with when mosquito bites her and when credit finished in her phone. Last last, she go proclaim witchcraft on the poor woman.

Spits.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Omotakins(m): 12:32pm On Mar 12, 2021
Bible speaks about a man leaving his parents, clinging to his wife and the two becoming one flesh. Your sister was right standing her ground, but should have been sorted out by the husband in a way that it didn't turn to be a public debate to the point the mother in law is aware of the wife's stand. How will she survive the brewing animosity? It would've been better she didn't go into that marriage

18 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Michelle55: 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2021
Their marriage their business..
But why would she start a war that she can't finish? You MIL is just like your own mother, how would she feel if her brother's wife label your own mother a witch?
You can live with your MIL with no issues so long you set boundaries, he's her son and you're his wife thereby you both have a special place in his heart. Don't make it about you alone.
Treat your MIL the same way you would treat your own mom.

5 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:30pm On Mar 12, 2021
your sis isn't wise she created hate for herself, she should have stay for a year while pressing her husband to get their own house

3 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by viceddy95(m): 1:54pm On Mar 12, 2021
Your sister will one day become a mother-in-law and she will reap the seed she sowed.....

I blame the guy for allowing a woman rubbish his mother by deciding if the woman is free to stay with them or not...

3 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by RenaissanceGuy: 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
Married people should be accorded the highest privacy possible. I don't understand how the man would have been comfortable with the mum living with them, no matter how big the house might be.

9 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by milann: 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2021
Tomorrow if she get thrown out by her daughter in law, she should never complain

2 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Kingdemu: 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2021
May your sister give birth to son who will marry a wife who will treat her same way. And if you have a brother, may his wife treat your old lady same way. Oya say amen

3 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Uyi168: 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2021
OluwaLina1:
Hello nairalanders,

For those who followed my thread about how my sister cancelled her wedding plans because she doesn't want to stay with her mother-in-law(MIL).For those who haven't been following the thread,this is the link.https://www.nairaland.com/6044440/sister-cancels-wedding-she-doing#92649527
After she cancelled the wedding plans around August,the guy also decided not to bother her again that they should finally go their separate ways if she can't live with his mum(This is not their agreement when they're courting).The MIL was telling people that my sis is using style to call her a witch,if not why would she not
agree to live with her.

Family members came together to make things right and things got settled.My sister insisted she won't live with the mum and the guy told her to go ahead with her plans and she went ahead to rent an apartment.Mind you,the MIL said she won't be coming to visit them,it shouldn't like she wants to be disturbing them

My sis told me that They told his mum that if they build they own house she'll start living with them but she declined saying if they cannot stay with her before building they own house they should forget about her staying with them.The MIL did a lot of things so that the guy can change his mind,but my sister stood on her opinion.
After everything they got married in December.
The MIL is not happy and not even friendly to my sister,but my sister no send her.
Hope she did the right thing
So all these have been settled and u came here and be asking us yeye question

1 Like

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by MufasaLion: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2021
Draslo:
Your sister will likely birth sons and if she's lucky to be alive when they marry, she'll be paid back in her own coin, just maybe not the same circumstances. If na Dangote pikin she marry and the son wants his mother to live with them, I can bet she'll have absolutely no problems with it.

Stop this mentality. It's too early for 2021

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by MufasaLion: 5:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
Draslo:

No hatred here. I'm sorry to say but your sister is very foolish to begin a marriage with issues with her mother-in-law. If she falls down a flight of staircase, I'm sure she'll blame her mother-in-law. Same with when mosquito bites her and when credit finished in her phone. Last last, she go proclaim witchcraft on the poor woman.

Spits.
Why name calling?. Why insult?. Spit!!!

5 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Draslo(m): 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2021
MufasaLion:

Why name calling?. Why insult?. Spit!!!

1 Like

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by eyinjuege: 5:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
Michelle55:
Their marriage their business..
But why would she start a war that she can't finish? You MIL is just like your own mother, how would she feel if her brother's wife label your own mother a witch?
You can live with your MIL with no issues so long you set boundaries, he's her son and you're his wife thereby you both have a special place in his heart. Don't make it about you alone.
Treat your MIL the same way you would treat your own mom.

She never labelled her a witch though.
She just said she wasn't ready to live in the mother in-laws house after marriage.
I wouldn't want that either tbh.
It is just same as asking the girls mother or father to come and live with the newly married couple.
Some people love their space

8 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by MufasaLion: 5:53pm On Mar 12, 2021
Draslo:

Oh you an animal grin
Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Draslo(m): 6:05pm On Mar 12, 2021
MufasaLion:

Oh you an animal grin
...says someone who calls himself MufasaLion. grin

1 Like

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by MufasaLion: 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2021
Draslo:

...says someone who calls himself MufasaLion. grin

Thanks for the publicity man

1 Like

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by cococandy(f): 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2021
Why does she want to live with them so badly?
Where is she staying now?

2 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by punisha: 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2021
proud of your sister.

your mil should go do something with her life. so many project to to invest time and energy in.... she should allow her son live and enjoy his own life

4 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
Your sister did the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Malawian(m): 11:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
Is your Sister's husband the MIL only son/Child? Honestly, I don't understand the MIL wanting to live with them. Unless she doesn't have any more children to keep her company, but also seeing that she is intransigent about living with them later, I'ld say, this story is not yet over.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister That Cancelled Her Wedding(The Update) by Nuelito: 12:02am On Mar 13, 2021
Your sis is on point jare

May I ask please...is your sister's father-in-law alive?

In addition to that...your sister's mother-in-law never talk wetin dey her mind undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Advice My Elder Brother And His Wife. / To Whom Does The Child Belong To In Nigeria? The Father Or The Mother Or Both? / For The Guys : Do Any Of You NOT Want Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.