Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. (33127 Views)

I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks / Gazzuzz: Dubious, Insultive And An Arrogant Being / My Second Coming To Radautoworks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Springboot: 7:12am On Apr 09, 2021
greatbrian:

Seriously the 400k part really made me feel the lady aunt no different from that asambaby. Dude paid !millions to fix a car he bought for 400k and who the hell will believe a 08 MDX was Boughy for that price if not to score cheap points. Another one customer the rad auto will never have is me or anyone close to me. Sooooo annoying reading the part and immature.

I was very upset when the mechanic had to go below the belt mentioning how much the vehicle was bought as if that had anything to do with repairs, please did you just say the radautoworks mechanic is a lady? If that's the case, I'm not surprised, only a lady will be that petty, radautoworks please call the OP and apologize, you were wrong.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by greatbrian(m): 7:17am On Apr 09, 2021
Springboot:

I was very upset when the mechanic had to go below the belt mentioning how much the vehicle was bought as if that had anything to do with repairs, please did you just say the radautoworks mechanic is a lady? If that's the case, I'm not surprised, only a lady will be that petty, radautoworks please call the OP and apologize, you were wrong.

I think she runs the paper work. A supposed Glen or so does the dirty job. She was so matured at first that I was impressed at the way the differences was getting managed until in a bid to look good to the so called world ended up looking unremorseful for a service undelivered

8 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by DUNKA(m): 7:31am On Apr 09, 2021
Springboot:

Bros why you dey call her "Mechanic" na "Auto Technician" oh. I come in peace grin

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Springboot: 7:48am On Apr 09, 2021
DUNKA:
Bros why you dey call her "Mechanic" na "Auto Technician" oh. I come in peace grin

I meant no harm.
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by asamwababy: 8:17am On Apr 09, 2021
greatbrian:

Are you this stupid or you are trying hard to be one.

I doubt you have a car though talk more of going through half of what op went through. Dear radautoworks, I love your maturity kindly exonerate yourself from low life's like thus mofo. They are bad for your business and have little or nothing to loose

The baxtad that produced you told me yesterday evening that he knew you will turn out to be a full with a loose mouth, a total dunce and a sad loss to humanity grin

Dont ever insult me because i never did to you bat.

RAD messed up but it will take your generation to achieve what she has and Glen, go figure out before talking trash as a psyco.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by asamwababy: 8:30am On Apr 09, 2021
Springboot:

What is wrong with her being a lady?

How is her gender related to all this?

The company messed up but it is wrong to judge her gender.

Pls leave her gender out of this.

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by greatbrian(m): 8:43am On Apr 09, 2021
asamwababy:

RAD messed up but it will take your generation to achieve what she has and Glen, go figure out before talking trash as a psyco.

Low life mofo, you could have personalised that part for yourself and your kins. No disrespect to the sane ones amongest though. If been a packaged kazeem is an achievement to you I guess am not wrong calling you the low life foul mouthed mofo you are and will remain with such lack of public etiquette. I pity wards you will father or mother with such deranged and poor mentality. Go round and pick some pocket boy that's where your type belong

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by dicksonadams(m): 9:01am On Apr 09, 2021
WAR

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by oride: 9:25am On Apr 09, 2021
dicksonadams:
WAR

It almost always leads to WAR.
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 9:31am On Apr 09, 2021
asamwababy:

The baxtad that produced you told me yesterday evening that he knew you will turn out to be a full with a loose mouth, a total dunce and a sad loss to humanity grin

Dont ever insult me because i never did to you bat.

You're just a loose cannon.

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 9:32am On Apr 09, 2021
greatbrian:

Low life mofo, you could have personalised that part for yourself and your kins. No disrespect to the sane ones amongest though. If been a packaged kazeem is an achievement to you I guess am not wrong calling you the low life foul mouthed mofo you are and will remain with such lack of public etiquette. I pity wards you will father or mother with such deranged and poor mentality. Go round and pick some pocket boy that's where your type belong

It's a strategy to get this thread closed. Don't give in.

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Springboot: 9:32am On Apr 09, 2021
asamwababy:

What is wrong with her being a lady?

How is her gender related to all this?

The company messed up but it is wrong to judge her gender.

Pls leave her gender out of this.

You're just dumb, did I relate the gender to the job done? I only referred to the petty statement regarding cost of vehicle, like or not women are generally petty. Please go back to school so you can comprehend better.

8 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 9:33am On Apr 09, 2021
greatbrian:

I think she runs the paper work. A supposed Glen or so does the dirty job. She was so matured at first that I was impressed at the way the differences was getting managed until in a bid to look good to the so called world ended up looking unremorseful for a service undelivered
Who knows under what influence she types from occasionally.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by neutralmind: 9:50am On Apr 09, 2021
RAD AUTOWORKS

You messed up this time.

Your reputation has been flushed down the sewage system .

Goodwill damaged.

And let me tell you categorically, the 400k comment is the final straw for me.

As for me and my family I will not do business with you as long as I remain on this planet.

Nairalanders will trust you no more.

Enjoy your life......

13 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by dadabashua1(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2021
I knew it will get to this...Vawulence everywhere,make una calm down abeg.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kingdemu: 2:36pm On Apr 09, 2021
dadabashua1:
I knew it will get to this...Vawulence everywhere,make una calm down abeg.
Guy the thing get as e be. I used to be Anty Radu's number 1 fan and defender in this forum but this one kam water don pass garri. I was so mad at the 400k comment sotey my reply to her make me chop ban for some days. She really goofed on this one.
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
Kingdemu:
Guy the thing get as e be. I used to be Anty Radu's number 1 fan and defender in this forum but this one kam water don pass garri. I was so mad at the 400k comment sotey my reply to her make me chop ban for some days. She really goofed on this one.
She's been goofing a lot. Just covered by feminism.

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2021
Hello NL,

When we first encountered the op, he had been elsewhere and spent money on repairs.

https://www.nairaland.com/1788778/maintenance-tips-cars/257#97456422

Still, when op came to us with the car it was in the condition below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3qGlUmJrr4

When op first brought the car to the shop, we did what we always do and did a FULL diagnosis on the car where we discovered a myriad of other problems apart from the customer's complaint. A quote of 1.3m was provided to resolve ALL the problems. The quote was high because it included our parts (which due to the Nigerian economic climate we have no control over). That being said, along with our parts comes a sense of security for two years. Because we understand things are tough in Nigeria now, we allow people to bring their own parts but warn them that there will be no warranty and labor will have to be paid for again if the part is defective. Op declined our parts and chose to get his. The only thing purchased from us was spark plugs, engine oil and ATF. With the discounts he received and additional labor we didn't charge for to provide customer satisfaction, op only paid 200k.

For those requesting a replacement engine that would have been less than 1.3m, op's problems were way more than an engine and included non-engine parts. See list below. We made the best recommendation we could for the customer.

Back to what happened, we thought everything was fine until op came online to complain about not being able to stack multiple discounts.

https://www.nairaland.com/4672565/how-much-should-expect-pay/14#99595332

This is after my staff repeatedly tried to explain that only one discount can be used at a time. I explained the discounts again and also instructed my staff to reprice the bill the way op wanted for an additional N508 discount to keep our customer satisfied.

List of work done on the car at visit 1:
Replace power steering pump
Resolved blue smoke
Resolved misfires on multiple cylinders with a tune-up
Removed, cleaned and replaced gas tank
Replaced rack and pinion
Replaced tie rods
Replaced control arms
Replaced front cv axles
Replaced rear differential seal
Replaced oil pan
Replaced oil pump switch

Op picked up the car then came online, created this thread and claimed a host more problems. After investigating, I was livid that op had been allowed to leave the first time without speaking to our lead tech knowing he still had additional repairs to take care of. Op brought the car back after expressing reservations about our ability to do the job. We documented the vehicle's condition when it arrived as seen below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOPSS6uclMA

It was discovered that the first tech that looked at the car missed a diagnosis but fixed a myriad of other problems op had. However some of the problems op complained about were not present -most noticably the blue smoke.

To make sure there were no further issues and to make the customer happy, our lead tech Glen, an ASE certified master tech of 36 years who has worked for Pep Boys, Firestone and Mercedes as well as owned three shops in Houston, TX (where, by the way till today customers still come from states over to look for him) worked on the car himself, took his time and fixed more issues for free. Even when the problem was defective parts supplied by the op, he did the job again for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJaj7trc_ss

List of repairs at visit 2 FOR FREE:
Replaced oil pump with less than 10psi
Replacement of oil pump a second time because of defective part supplied by customer
Teardown engine and replace valve seals
Grinding of valves
Replace front engine mount
Replace front transmission mount
Remove and replace valve cover seal
Resolved v-tec solenoid leak

At pickup, Glen took his time to explain the current status of the vehicle to the op's intermediary since op only seemed to want us to communicate with his intermediary. He also let the intermediary know we would keep trying for a workaround to save op from having to go to the dealer to turn upgrade the system.

Op was still unhappy after our service and came back online with additional grievances. When asked for a video of existing claims and to take the car elsewhere for a third party evaluation, op did not do so. Instead, op waited a week, drove the car over 300 miles successfully (in his words) to the East, THEN posted a video and photos claiming we damaged his rear differential. All we did was replace the leaking seal on the rear differential which op provided . If we had damaged the rear differential it would have taken less than a couple of miles to notice. The car certainly would not have driven for one week and successfully made a trip of over 300 miles. Same with the massive engine smoke which only happened after a trip to the East. It appears from the video that the valve seals supplied by op are again leaking hence the source of smoke which clears up after startup.

As much as we sympathize, we cannot be held liable for third party parts. We did not damage the rear differential and as a matter of fact went above and beyond to try to make op happy with discounts, providing his own parts and doing quite a bit of work for free. I'm going to have to ask op to stop saying things that aren't true. We went above and beyond to try to help op get his vehicle back on the road. When a customer repeatedly refuses to communicate but is quick to go online with grievances, then does not substantiate grievances till way after the fact, it leads me to believe more is going on.

Many NLers can attest to the work we have done for them and positive experiences with Glen. We don't know what happened on the road to the East but we will not be subsidizing op's repairs any longer. We have tried to make op happy by going up and beyond for customer satisfaction, applying discounts we never do, repeating jobs due to defective customer supplied parts, and fixing a lot of issues for free.

We wish op the best and good luck but we have done as much as we are willing to do.

Should op feel the need to discuss with corporate, they can be reached at +1-(888) 227-8468

I have sent them this thread and the others.

11 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 4:08pm On Apr 09, 2021
PS: I am aware of a concerted effort by some NLers to use this as an opportunity for self-promotion and to take a swipe at our reputation. It doesn't take a budget Gottlieb Daimler to see what's going to happen so smiley:
1) the car is going to go to the leader's shop who will show up in his hero costume
2) based on information of what we have already done, he will install a new differential and Updated tokunbo ECU
3) he will subtly prod the op into purchasing a tokunbo engine to avoid any parts issues
4) he will find someone to use an alternate moniker and post updates of the fix for that MDX

Of course I could be wrong and none of this will happen. Your move fellas wink

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by BamBamK: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
you shouldn't be bothered about any move from others... let the poor man get relief from his pains anyway he deems fit

radautoworks:
PS: I am aware of a concerted effort by some NLers to use this as an opportunity for self-promotion and to take a swipe at our reputation. It doesn't take a budget Gottlieb Daimler to see what's going to happen so smiley:
1) the car is going to go to the leader's shop who will show up in his hero costume
2) based on information of what we have already done, he will install a new differential and Updated tokunbo ECU
3) he will subtly prod the op into purchasing a tokunbo engine to avoid any parts issues
4) he will find someone to use an alternate moniker and post updates of the fix for that MDX

8 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by hastane: 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2021
Intriguing. If it were a man,he probably will stay somewhere,wait for the onslaught and deal with it decisively.But the spirit that made the gender girlcott twitter is very much at work.Breakfast is available for everybody lazlaz.All of you are mad walahi

6 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by DMechy: 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2021
radautoworks:

You started out with doing a great PR for your organization, you have successfully done that. It has metamorphosed into a brand. There will be challenges, but with commitment, commitment to the customer, to value for your workforce, and to your brand, you will summount.

At this stage, i think you've done a good job in promoting your brand on this forum in a very short while, nobody has been able to pull that, and thats credit to you. Nairalanders are hard to please, and the fact you had more people gunning for you without any prior antecedents, tells more about the goodwill your business has received here.

At this stage, i think you should step back and employ a professional that will handle you PR, there is a reason it is a job spec, not for Directors.

You should not also build your brand around glen, when Glen is not there, will the workshop close. You should have all your techs as stars, with the plans of having at least one franchise in every state in Nigeria.

Lastly, you are not in competition with anyone, maybe others are, you shouldn't. What you've built is in a class of its own.

Lastly, theres nothing wrong in apologising, Even when you think you are right for the sake of peace. Thats going above and beyond. In this case, you were in the wrong, nobody takes all blames, i sure know op has his faults, having been in the service business for years, i know what it is like dealing with customers.

My rule, when i dont know or not sure of what to say, or when situations are tense. I keep mum.

Silence is golden.

It is what it is, all business transactions do not go the way we envisage. We win some, we lose some.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 5:04pm On Apr 09, 2021
radautoworks:

THIS IS WITCHCRAFT HERE FELLAS.... Trying to involve innocent bystanders in your peculiar mess

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2021
BamBamK:
you shouldn't be bothered about any move from others... let the poor man get relief from his pains anyway he deems fit

You're missing the point. Radautoworks is actually enjoying the misery of crocif... She's still keen on reopening that packed up engine gazzuzz wrote off in December 2020

3 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2021
hastane:
Intriguing. If it were a man,he probably will stay somewhere,wait for the onslaught and deal with it decisively.But the spirit that made the gender girlcott twitter is very much at work.Breakfast is available for everybody lazlaz.All of you are mad walahi
Diportivo wehdone

3 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Elsueno: 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2021
shocked

I think this thread should be closed for further comments, rad might have had a slip of fingers but I honestly think this concentrated attack is unwarranted. it looks really petty grin

5 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Ogbadibo80: 5:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
Crocif:

The areas in red I won't read because you forced me to give the video evidence of the smoke now you want to explain it away.

The other areas I struck out are demonstrably false. Everything about the differential was provided by Glen not me and I paid him extra for it. The evidence can be provided.

You are surprised I took the vehicle on a long journey? Amazing. The point of doing that much work was to travel with it and YOU told everyone that the vehicle was roadworthy. I guess I was wrong to trust your professional opinion. I apologise for this.

The advert on your website:

What do you mean by this?

radautoworks:
THEN posted a video and photos claiming we damaged his rear differential. All we did was replace the leaking seal on the rear differential which op provided . If we had damaged the rear differential it would have taken less than a couple of miles to notice. The car certainly would not have driven for one week and successfully made a trip of over 300 miles. Same with the massive engine smoke which only happened after a trip to the East. It appears from the video that the valve seals supplied by op are again leaking hence the source of smoke which clears up after startup.

As much as we sympathize, we cannot be held liable for third party parts. We did not damage the rear differential .

Very detailed response.

Crocif are you accusing them falsely?

7 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
Ogbadibo80:

What do you mean by this?

Very detailed response.

Crocif are you accusing them falsely?

Try to disguise your bias

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by selfmadeOLX(m): 6:51pm On Apr 09, 2021
Gbas Gbos
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 6:56pm On Apr 09, 2021
I could not make the trip back to Lagos today as I had hoped because the job was completed a few hours ago. The 'local auto technician' succeeded in getting the rear differential out yesterday and we set out to get what he assured us was a "direct Belgium" (by this I felt he meant the best rear differential we could get in Onitsha). Unfortunately, the replacement 'differential' came in quite late and the rest of the job was postponed to today.

After some hours today, the vehicle was ready for a test drive. He test-drove and told me I needed to fill it with 'oil'. For this, he directed me to a gas station where I had it done. As I drove, I noticed that the ABS light came on and quickly took it back to him to get it checked. He raised the vehicle up and went under to fiddle with what I thought were some wires at the back. After that, he asked me to drive it a bit that the light would go off eventually.

A bit sceptical but I started the vehicle all the same and there the light came up and disappeared. Drove it for a while longer and it did not come back on. For his troubles, he billed me N10k. I paid, took the car and drove some more to be sure everything was truly okay. It seems so at the moment. Tomorrow's journey would be the ultimate test. I hope everything goes well. Will try to update you guys when I get to Lagos. smiley

PS: I would appreciate it if we can all take a deep breath and calm down. Pretty please. kiss

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2021

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 7:07pm On Apr 09, 2021
Crocif:
I could not make the trip back to Lagos today as I had hoped because the job was completed a few hours ago. The 'local auto technician' succeeded in getting the rear differential out yesterday and we set out to get what he assured us was a "direct Belgium" (by this I felt he meant the best rear differential we could get in Onitsha). Unfortunately, the replacement 'differential' came in quite late and the rest of the job was postponed to today.

After some hours today, the vehicle was ready for a test drive. He test-drove and told me I needed to fill it with 'oil'. For this, he directed me to a gas station where I had it done. As I drove, I noticed that the ABS light came on and quickly took it back to him to get it checked. He raised the vehicle up and went under to fiddle with what I thought were some wires at the back. After that, he asked me to drive it a bit that the light would go off eventually.

A bit sceptical but I started the vehicle all the same and there the light came up and disappeared. Drove it for a while longer and it did not come back on. For his troubles, he billed me N10k. I paid, took the car and drove some more to be sure everything was truly okay. It seems so at the moment. Tomorrow's journey would be the ultimate test. I hope everything goes well. Will try to update you guys when I get to Lagos. smiley

PS: I would appreciate it if we can all take a deep breath and calm down. Pretty please. kiss

I can conclude that radautoworks is actually less than a packaged kazzim... if the local guy could do this with minimal fuss...no long parts list..no diagnostic machine...no access to Acura's TSBs...

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

Meet “Toyota 86”: The Amazing Toyota Nigerians Are Yet To Discover / Lagos State Govt Please Remove This Obstruction / The 7.3-liter Ford "Godzilla" V-8 For Super Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.