Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. (33003 Views)

I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks / Gazzuzz: Dubious, Insultive And An Arrogant Being / My Second Coming To Radautoworks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2021
Crocif:

Hmmmm...

My wife just brought the vehicle in and she is visibly upset. I will update you with the details after I get a chance to check myself.
Hmmm we wait
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 1:39am On Mar 31, 2021
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 1:53am On Mar 31, 2021
buygala:
Which one is test drive again na?

Shebi Aunty said car has ready since Wednesday last week undecided

This kind of test driving that's taking close to a week, hope all is well sha...

I must commend both parties for being mature about this tho smiley.... I would really like to be like them when I grow up smiley

Call it an overabundance of caution grin

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by semid4lyfe(m): 4:23am On Mar 31, 2021
Keenly watching......

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Jarus(m): 7:24am On Mar 31, 2021
radautoworks:
I'm going to need a little more detail than that to address the problem.

I had a price quote from someone else in my hand. I complained about it on Twitter and someone recommended you here. I came here, pick your number from your profile and your staff picked the call.

First, they said you don't have a whatsapp number - not good for this kind of business which requires sending pictures of parts you want changed, listing a long list of items to buy, forwarding whatsapp message from mechanic etc.

That your staff gleefully insisted I can't send the messages by Whatsapp was already a turn off.

She asked me to send sms. I sent 3 text messages.

After like 10 minutes of waiting, I called to ask for progress. Alas, her response was "Let me check the phone message". Imagine, if I had not made follow-up call, I would just there, thinking my message request was being attended to.

She she said did't receive them. Later, she said she saw 1.

I called later snd she said I should send email. I sent the email.

Even email did not get acknowledgement for like 20 minutes.

When she confirmed she got the email, she said she would get back to me shortly.

I waited and waited, calling at intervals ( I needed to make decision urgently as I was about transferring money to the alternative supplier I was talking to)

Like 1 hour later, she called and was about calling the prices for me on phone - about 12 items o. Told her what was the point of email she asked me to send if she can't copy my email list, paste and just add prices in front of them, rather than dictating when I was inside Taxify and didn't have a pen.

Well, she scanned some rough paper document to me after another 40 minutes, half of which was either not responded to or illegible.

Not a good experience in customer service.

17 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by StarDiamonds: 7:37am On Mar 31, 2021
Jarus:

I had a price quote from someone else in my hand. I complained about it on Twitter and someone recommended you here. I came here, pick your number from your profile and your staff picked the call.

First, they said you don't have a whatsapp number - not good for this kind of business which requires sending pictures of parts you want changed, listing a long list of items to buy, forwarding whatsapp message from mechanic etc.

That your staff gleefully insisted I can't send the messages by Whatsapp was already a turn off.

After like 10 minutes of waiting, I called to ask for progress. Alas, her response was "Let me check the phone message". Imagine, if I had not made follow-up call, I would just there, thinking my message request was being attended to.

When she confirmed she got the email, she said she would get back to me shortly.

I waited and waited, calling at intervals ( I needed to make decision urgently as I was about transferring money to the alternative supplier I was talking to)

Like 1 hour later, she called and was about calling the prices for me on phone - about 12 items o. Told her what was the point of email she asked me to send if she can't copy my email list, paste and just add prices in front of them, rather than dictating when I was inside Taxify and didn't have a pen.

Well, she scanned some rough paper document to me after another 40 minutes, half of which was either not responded to or illegible.

someone is about to lose her job embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 8:09am On Mar 31, 2021
Kewtt:

Hmmm we wait

Preliminary inspection this morning shows the following:

1) Blue smoke from the exhaust. Maybe it's early to say if it will continue or stop. I Will check this again and make a video if it continues.
2) Lights on the dashboard. Including the "check engine" light.
3) "Low oil level" warning light still pings.
4) For some reason the technician did not replace that plastic thingy used to protect the battery terminals from touching the body of the vehicle. Had to work on that myself this morning because there was a spark.
5) I hear some strange noise under the vehicle. At the back. I suspect it may be that the spare tire is loose.
6) Heard some strange noise from the engine this morning when I started the vehicle but that has since stopped.

That's the status this morning. I will check again this afternoon and update.

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 8:17am On Mar 31, 2021
Jarus:

Your experience is not half as bad as mine though I chose not to share some of the ugly stuff online. There is one episode, key to my story, that I feel obligated to share. Maybe later.
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by asamwababy: 8:25am On Mar 31, 2021
Crocif:

Your experience is not half as bad as mine though I chose not to share some of the ugly stuff online. There is one episode, key to my story, that I feel obligated to share. Maybe later.

You are not serious.

Everytime you go pick up the vehicle without asking questions, drive home with speed and then you come here and start telling tales by moonlight.

You are an adult and if a service is not ok there and then you should lay your complains and request for answers.

You can't be here writing as if this is Guardian newspaper.

Please sort your issue with them.

16 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Grupo(m): 8:25am On Mar 31, 2021
Crocif:

1) Blue smoke from the exhaust. Maybe it's early to say if it will continue or stop. I Will check this again and make a video if it continues.
4) For some reason the technician did not replace that plastic thingy used to protect the battery terminals from touching the body of the vehicle. Had to work on that myself this morning because there was a spark.
5) I hear some strange noise under the vehicle. At the back. I suspect it may be that the spare tire is loose.
6) Heard some strange noise from the engine this morning when I started the vehicle but that has since stopped.

At this point, I'd advise you to count your losses.

Sell the car and buy a Toyota or Lexus.

There's a reason why many Nigerians don't drive cars like Acura here.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 8:31am On Mar 31, 2021
Grupo:

@Bold...yeah, already placed it under sunk cost. The experience is definitely a learning point.

Toyota or Lexus? Well, I know people who have difficulties with those vehicles too.

15 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 8:48am On Mar 31, 2021
Crocif:

Radautoworks what exactly did you fix in this car?
How do you neglect something as important as battery shield?
Check engine on! Low oil level on! I suggest you refund this man since you did not fix his problems!

That's the least you can do to assuage him.

6 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 8:54am On Mar 31, 2021
asamwababy:

You are not serious.

Everytime you go pick up the vehicle without asking questions, drive home with speed and then you come here and start telling tales by moonlight.

You are an adult and if a service is not ok there and then you should lay your complains and request for answers.

You can't be here writing as if this is Guardian newspaper.

Please sort your issue with them.
Please shut up!

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by asamwababy: 9:19am On Mar 31, 2021
Your dullness is public knowledge.

Asking Rad what she did on the car, appointed spokesman.

The owner only knows how to ask questions that are off point.

Instead of you to beg him grin to stick to his purpose of visit rather than enforcing his rights behind a keypad. grin

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by oluayebenz: 9:19am On Mar 31, 2021
Grupo:

Acura is still one of the most reliable vehicle

So Toyota no dey get issues?

9 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Inception(m): 9:21am On Mar 31, 2021
radautoworks:
yes o.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJaj7trc_ss

I think replacing the oil pump was a wrong( and expensive) move, If oil pressure was not first checked using a pressure gauge and compared with values from the FSM.
More like throwing parts at the problem.

How are you sure the oil pressure sensor is not defective? Wiring continuity? etc? were these checked first? Infact this should been checked first.

As the engine was disassembled, was the crankshaft bearing clearances checked to be sure clearances was within spec? remember, this is what gives pressure, not the pump. The pump provides flow.

3 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by DUNKA(m): 9:26am On Mar 31, 2021
Crocif:

Sorry Seems you have bought a lemon �. Kindly reappraisal spending more money in a money pit.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by dadabashua1(m): 9:28am On Mar 31, 2021
oluayebenz:

as in ehhh I tire o,my brother in law bought 2014 corolla toks for that matter o,but the experience was not funny,once you fail to do the due diligence,and ended up with a lemon,it will be a very bad experience not minding the brand of car.

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Grupo(m): 9:42am On Mar 31, 2021
oluayebenz:

Where did I say that?

The point is - the cars I mentioned are everywhere. So it's easier for local techs to fix them.

Unlike brands like Acura that are not common here.

3 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by 9icetoo(m): 12:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
embarassed
Nawa. This matter get as e be. Oil pressure light still on? The vehicle shouldn't have left the workshop with that light still on.

This motor sha.
Even the VSA has not been sorted.

OP, check your battery first. If you have another car and the battery is new, swap it with the one in this mdx. The mdx is known to throw a lot of warning lights when it's battery gets old. This is an inexpensive attempt to rule out an issue.

If the warning lights come back, then ....

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by 9icetoo(m): 12:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
Grupo:

But we drive Honda abi?

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by emmyN(m): 1:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
Crocif:

I understand your wife picked up the car. Were these lights on the car at the moment it was picked up? Why weren't they addressed on the spot, or what explanation was given for them?

6 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
Jarus:

who did you talk to please?
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
emmyN:

I understand your wife picked up the car. Were these lights on the car at the moment it was picked up? Why weren't they addressed on the spot, or what explanation was given for them?

Yeah, my wife did. Well, she had a conversation with them that got her upset. She mentioned that they said the oil light would not go off until we do a system upgrade or something in that line...

I can only confirm that when she came back with the vehicle yesterday, I observed that the 'check engine light, the 'low oil level pressure' alongside the pings were on. The other light(s) came up this morning.
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by emmyN(m): 1:43pm On Mar 31, 2021
Jarus:

I could have sworn you deactivated, or is it possible to reactivate again on nairaland?

Radautoworks, I think the WhatsApp issue should be looked into. It could help customers if there is an official WhatsApp line for communication that is duly attended to. That's if it does not go against company policy. Remember I have made this request before.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
9icetoo:
embarassed
Nawa. This matter get as e be. Oil pressure light still on? The vehicle shouldn't have left the workshop with that light still on.

This motor sha.
Even the VSA has not been sorted.

OP, check your battery first. If you have another car and the battery is new, swap it with the one in this mdx. The mdx is known to throw a lot of warning lights when it's battery gets old. This is an inexpensive attempt to rule out an issue.

If the warning lights come back, then ....

Thanks.

The battery is relatively new. I believe I got it sometime in January this year.

Anyways a nairalander has graciously volunteered to take a look at the vehicle. Hopefully, I would get the answers I seek.

At this point I just need to know either of two things: (a) Engine bad, change; or (b) Engine good, continue use.

If I can get a concrete answer on either of those two, I would consider that progress.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by emmyN(m): 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
Crocif:

Yeah, my wife did. Well, she had a conversation with them that got her upset. She mentioned that they said the oil light would not go off until we do a system upgrade or something in that line...

I can only confirm that when she came back with the vehicle yesterday, I observed that the 'check engine light, the 'low oil level pressure' alongside the pings were on. The other light(s) came up this morning.

Okay. You will need to confirm from her all the information she was given. This will help in knowing the correct status of the car as it is.
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kamalu5258(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
Them for just change the engine of this motor oh. All these "change this and change that" won't work. It's obvious that this car was abused by the previous owner which is common with Nigerian used vehicles. I won't touch a Nigerian used car with a long pole unless i am sure the previous owner shares the same car maintenance values with me

3 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Crocif: 1:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
emmyN:

Okay. You will need to confirm from her all the information she was given. This will help in knowing the correct status of the car as it is.

Thanks.
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Agbabiakara: 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
I agree with your position that the pump creates
flow not pressure. A lot of people think that a pump creates pressure which is a wrong notion. I also agree with your diagnostic approach. Well done. It is always good to test, not guess.

I think replacing the oil pump was a wrong( and expensive) move, If oil pressure was not first checked using a pressure gauge and compared with values from the FSM.
More like throwing parts at the problem.

How are you sure the oil pressure sensor is not defective? Wiring continuity? etc? were these checked first? Infact this should been checked first.

As the engine was disassembled, was the crankshaft bearing clearances checked to be sure clearances was within spec? remember, this is what gives pressure, not the pump. The pump provides flow.

[/quote]
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
Crocif:

Alright, NOW I'm going to talk.

First, have YOU spoken to Glen about the repairs after pickup? Because he spent a LOT of time with your wife explaining what was going on. Below is the additional work he did personally on your vehicle. Some of it he wouldn't have recommended if you were paying for the work but he did it because he wanted to make it up to you.

What my staff and I don't understand is you never say anything when you are not satisfied but drive home and then write a report on Nairaland. Why don't you say something when you are there? Everytime Blessing calls to explain something to you, you tell her to talk to your wife when it's obvious that she doesn't understand what we are talking about. Then you take third party information and post it here.

1) there was no blue smoke from the exhaust the first time OR the second time the car left the shop. I already posted a video of when you brought the car back, no blue smoke. I will be posting the video of the car right before it was given to your wife.

2) the check engine light is on because of an oxygen sensor (which was explained to your wife). The oxygen sensor was on the original diagnosis scan (feel free to check the video). You didn't supply the part, we didn't change it.

3) Glen explained to your wife why the pressure light was still on. This was a common problem with that year. Your vehicle does not have the system upgrade required to get rid of the lights. The repairs causing the lights were done but the upgrade is a Honda dealer thing which we cannot do. He was going to follow up about if we could find a way to remove the light. Please see the TSB below. The only part not done was the circled last step. Again, this was explained in detail to your wife.

4) I don't know if that happened but I will take your word for it and apologize. A lot was done on your vehicle and I concede it could have been forgotten.

5) we didn't know about any strange noise and we're focused on your primary complaint.

6) like I previously said, old and new parts sometimes take some time to mesh especially when you are using tokunbo parts. That's part of why Glen kept running it and taking it on test drives to make sure nothing else happened due to the extensive work done. And, according to you, the noise has stopped.

7) despite the fact that one or two of your recurrent issues were caused by defective parts supplied to us, contrary to company policy we did not charge you to redo the work because of the previous poor communication on our part.

8 ) You bought this vehicle for about 400k if I remember correctly. When you did, you knew it had extensive issues. We did extensive work to make the car road worthy (which we maintain it is). For this work, we charged about 200k. This is exclusive of the 119k worth of work in picture 3 below that we did not charge you for.

You currently have a road worthy car for dirt cheap with a 90 day warranty on labor and 1 year on parts you did get from us. In my opinion, it would not be the best move to sell the vehicle but you do you.

I believe that we have gone above and beyond to satisfy you. At this point, all I can do is apologize if you feel your car is not brand new, request you take it to another shop with no knowledge of any of the work done so far on it and get their opinion on the health of your vehicle. We stand by the work done on your vehicle. You still have your 90 day labor warranty on work done and 1 year on any parts purchased from us.

Now we leave the public to form their opinions.

P.S: if you decide to sell it, bring it to us, we are pretty sure a buyer will jump on it.

17 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
StarDiamonds:
someone is about to lose her job embarassed embarassed
first, we retrain. If it happens again, THEN someone loses their job.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use / Toyota Malfunction Indicator Lamp / Guy Knocked Out By Lamborghini Owner After Jumping On His £320k Supercar For Fun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.