Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. (33005 Views)

I Want To Slap Somebody At Radautoworks / Gazzuzz: Dubious, Insultive And An Arrogant Being / My Second Coming To Radautoworks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by FEGEITOK: 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
radautoworks:

Hello,

I'm sorry but we will not be adopting WhatsApp at this time. We think phone and particularly email are great for sending price quotes and diagnoses and a great documented way of receiving customer approval so there is no ambiguity.

WhatsApp messages can be deleted.

That's a major bug in documenting communication with clients.

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by AgentGoat: 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2021
radautoworks:
which part?

EDIT; I get it. I misread something he had posted before and it wasn't a dig, it was pointing out that it was a good financial decision to keep the car.

What's your business with how much he bought the vehicle?

6 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by LeJeun3: 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
radautoworks:
not understanding how we keep getting recommendations if the service is so crappy undecided

cool
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Elsueno: 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2021
grin grin There is a reason why some auto technician will refuse to work on a particular vehicle after inspection, Omoh....see stress grin grin . Despite all the work, money & time invested. Both, customer & technician ain't smiling.....much grin

Some Nigerian used cars are disasters no matter how clean they seem

5 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Googlemechanic: 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2021
There's a known TSB on oil pressure related warnings on the 2007-2008 MDX.

HDS software version 2.020.018 (Dec. 2009, green) or later.
Control module (CM) update: Database update 27-NOV-2009 or later would suffice in this case.

What would I do as a Google mechanic with scarce resources and a client ready to pay premium? Just walk into oyingbo spare parts market in yaba area and buy an Engine ECU already updated with the factory software, install reprogram and drive away without the issue. Might take 2/3 tries but it's easier than tearing apart an engine and replacing an oil pump that was working just fine.

Hope this helps.

Googlemechanic.

12 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by shortgun(m): 9:56pm On Mar 31, 2021
This is why this country will not move any inch towards development.
Our problem is not the political leaders...the problem is with us Nigerians.
I see people commending Radautoworks for a job well done and for her maturity... I ask for what exactly angry
Someone failed to deliver a service she was paid for over and over yet people are praising her...how ?
Radautoworks I've always taught you will be different but you have proven with this thread that you have limited knowledge about auto repairs and no different from the so called kassims.

That you spent years in the US doesn't mean you are skilled in what you claim to do.

Your excuse now is that the car was bought for 400k...and so whatangry

You know OP got the vehicle for free and a lemon yet you charged him exorbitant fees to fix it? without any results?

You brought the amount he bought the vehicle here to make mockery of someone that pays your bills? ...when he drives by people will recognize him as the man that bought a vehicle for 400k angry

What exactly do you want to achieve with mocking a Man that feeds you?
There's no professionalism in the way you have treated this man and his vehicle.

I put it to you that you are not in anyway better than the road side mechanics...the only difference I see here is your ability to con the gullible.

I am an angry man right now.
Nonsense!

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
shortgun:
I see people commending Radautoworks for a job well done and for her maturity... I ask for what exactly angry
Someone failed to deliver a service she was paid for over and over yet people are praising her...how ?
Radautoworks I've always taught you will be different but you have proven with this thread that you have limited knowledge about auto repairs and no different from the so called kassims.

That you spent years in the US doesn't mean you are skilled in what you claim to do.

You know OP got the vehicle for free and a lemon yet you charged him exorbitant fees to fix it? without any results?

You brought the amount he bought the vehicle here to make mockery of someone that pays your bills? ...when he drives by people will recognize him as the man that bought a vehicle for 400k angry

There's no professionalism in the way you have treated this man and his vehicle.

I put it to you that you are not in anyway better than the road side mechanics...the only difference I see here is your ability to con the gullible.

Nonsense!

Okay smiley

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Inception(m): 10:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
Googlemechanic:

Control module (CM) update: Database update 27-NOV-2009 or later would suffice in this case.

What would I do as a Google mechanic with scarce resources and a client ready to pay premium? Just walk into oyingbo spare parts market in yaba area and buy an Engine ECU already updated with the factory software, install reprogram and drive away without the issue. Might take 2/3 tries but it's easier than tearing apart an engine and replacing an oil pump that was working just fine.

Hope this helps.

Googlemechanic.

Smart wink

I thought you would not show up tongue

10 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by oluayebenz: 10:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
shortgun:

Nonsense!

I'm so disappointed when I saw that.
Aunty truly messed up......

19 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Jarus(m): 10:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
emmyN:

I could have sworn you deactivated, or is it possible to reactivate again on nairaland?

Radautoworks, I think the WhatsApp issue should be looked into. It could help customers if there is an official WhatsApp line for communication that is duly attended to. That's if it does not go against company policy. Remember I have made this request before.

Lol

I actually deactivated but got the special privilege to be reactivated by the forum owner �

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 10:51pm On Mar 31, 2021
Inception:

Smart wink

I thought you would not show up tongue
Haruna Busstop was hectic
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
radautoworks:

Alright, NOW I'm going to talk.

First, have YOU spoken to Glen about the repairs after pickup? Because he spent a LOT of time with your wife explaining what was going on. Below is the additional work he did personally on your vehicle. Some of it he wouldn't have recommended if you were paying for the work but he did it because he wanted to make it up to you.

What my staff and I don't understand is you never say anything when you are not satisfied but drive home and then write a report on Nairaland. Why don't you say something when you are there? Everytime Blessing calls to explain something to you, you tell her to talk to your wife when it's obvious that she doesn't understand what we are talking about. Then you take third party information and post it here.

1) there was no blue smoke from the exhaust the first time OR the second time the car left the shop. I already posted a video of when you brought the car back, no blue smoke. I will be posting the video of the car right before it was given to your wife.

2) the check engine light is on because of an oxygen sensor (which was explained to your wife). The oxygen sensor was on the original diagnosis scan (feel free to check the video). You didn't supply the part, we didn't change it.

3) Glen explained to your wife why the pressure light was still on. This was a common problem with that year. Your vehicle does not have the system upgrade required to get rid of the lights. The repairs causing the lights were done but the upgrade is a Honda dealer thing which we cannot do. He was going to follow up about if we could find a way to remove the light. Please see the TSB below. The only part not done was the circled last step. Again, this was explained in detail to your wife.

4) I don't know if that happened but I will take your word for it and apologize. A lot was done on your vehicle and I concede it could have been forgotten.

5) we didn't know about any strange noise and we're focused on your primary complaint.

6) like I previously said, old and new parts sometimes take some time to mesh especially when you are using tokunbo parts. That's part of why Glen kept running it and taking it on test drives to make sure nothing else happened due to the extensive work done. And, according to you, the noise has stopped.

7) despite the fact that one or two of your recurrent issues were caused by defective parts supplied to us, contrary to company policy we did not charge you to redo the work because of the previous poor communication on our part.

8 ) You bought this vehicle for about 400k if I remember correctly. When you did, you knew it had extensive issues. We did extensive work to make the car road worthy (which we maintain it is). For this work, we charged about 200k. This is exclusive of the 119k worth of work in picture 3 below that we did not charge you for.

You currently have a road worthy car for dirt cheap with a 90 day warranty on labor and 1 year on parts you did get from us. In my opinion, it would not be the best move to sell the vehicle but you do you.

I believe that we have gone above and beyond to satisfy you. At this point, all I can do is apologize if you feel your car is not brand new, request you take it to another shop with no knowledge of any of the work done so far on it and get their opinion on the health of your vehicle. We stand by the work done on your vehicle. You still have your 90 day labor warranty on work done and 1 year on any parts purchased from us.

Now we leave the public to form their opinions.

P.S: if you decide to sell it, bring it to us, we are pretty sure a buyer will jump on it.

You never disappoint.

2 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by emmyN(m): 11:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
Jarus:

Lol

I actually deactivated but got the special privilege to be reactivated by the forum owner �

That's some good news. Glad to have you back.

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
Welcome gentlemen. Took you long enough smiley

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by adanny01(m): 12:56am On Apr 01, 2021
oluayebenz:
Abeg something is not clear o

Is it possible to get a driveable 2008 Acura MDX for 350k, even Nissan Micra 2000 is even more than that......

I'm lost sad

Toks 2008 mdx is currently 4.2m
Nigerian used in better condition 2.5m

Even if the car was given to him free, the worth of the car shouldn't be a subject of ridicule

I knew the issues can't be resolved with ease. When you give hope to the blind, nothing short of sight will settle the matter.

That P.S. she added was below the belt. Kinda saying she couldn't fix it, because it's crap.

11 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 1:59am On Apr 01, 2021
adanny01:

Even if the car was given to him free, the worth of the car shouldn't be a subject of ridicule

I knew the issues can't be resolved with ease. When you give hope to the blind, nothing short of sight will settle the matter.

That P.S. she added was below the belt. Kinda saying she couldn't fix it, because it's crap.
nope.

What I was saying was the car is road worthy and a good deal to keep it and if he didn't see value in it we could easily find someone who did. Does that clarify now undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 5:57am On Apr 01, 2021
FEGEITOK:

WhatsApp messages can be deleted.

That's a major bug in documenting communication with clients.

yup
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 5:59am On Apr 01, 2021
Googlemechanic:

Hope this helps.

Googlemechanic.
UDONMINIT
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by LeJeun3: 7:26am On Apr 01, 2021
radautoworks:
UDONMINIT

Like someone said earlier your Techs saw the car and made decisions, however, engine bearings and journals are more of a problem to oil pressure that the oil pump. Especially, now that oil pump was still replaced with a used one....

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 7:46am On Apr 01, 2021
Proudmechanic dodged a bullet here....

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by cardoctor(m): 8:15am On Apr 01, 2021
1.3m for what abeg?
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by adanny01(m): 9:21am On Apr 01, 2021
radautoworks:
nope.

What I was saying was the car is road worthy and a good deal to keep it and if he didn't see value in it we could easily find someone who did. Does that clarify now undecided

Madam, the truth is you guys need to change your approach to being mechanics.

I know your major stream of income is in parts sales. When you mix the business of selling parts and fixing them, you will naturally tend to throw.parts at any problem without the burden of proper and intensive diagnosis.

You guys are guilty of throwing parts in this case. Imagine this, if he paid the original bill of 1.3m, his problems will still be there. It tells you that the diagnosis was entirely wrong.

As premium service providers, you can't afford these issues. I expected you will personally ensure that this car gets fixed even if it means using your personal resources to avoid bad publicity. You even made it worst by suggesting he sells the car he bought cheap.

18 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Kewtt: 9:44am On Apr 01, 2021
adanny01:

I know your major stream of income is in parts sales. When you mix the business of selling parts and fixing them, you will naturally tend to throw.parts at any problem without the burden of proper and intensive diagnosis.

You guys are guilty of throwing parts in this case. Imagine this, if he paid the original bill of 1.3m, his problems will still be there. It tells you that the diagnosis was entirely wrong.

As premium service providers, you can't afford these issues. I expected you will personally ensure that this car gets fixed even if it means using your personal resources to avoid bad publicity. You even made it worst by suggesting he sells the car he bought cheap.
And mocking the client by publicly declaring his confidential information of the purchase cost.... In an attempt to subject him to public ridicule

7 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Ogeneigbo1: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2021
adanny01:

You have said it all.

America or No America,
Dealership or No Dealership
Acura or No Acura

I want to add that if the honourable part should be follow, the OP should have been refunded since his problem can not be solved.

7 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by snipesdam(m): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2021
Dealership gimmicks

OP just count your losses... And learn more about cars & DIY...

3 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Alfred74: 11:46am On Apr 01, 2021
cardoctor:
1.3m for what abeg?

For grilled goat head with cup of fura grin

1 Like

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by Inception(m): 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Googlemechanic:

Hope this helps.

Googlemechanic.

OP,

This is the solution to the oil warning light problem, given the Nigerian model and current realities( other fixes are a piece of cake for him).

Just bite the bullet and pray that he accepts to help you.

For the current service provider to give a suggestion that you sell the car tells the reality that :

1. They have run out ideas on how to fix your car
2. They are (implicitly) no longer interested in fixing your car (LOL @ 90 day warranty)
3. I will not say the third one about them offering to sell the car for you.

Remember, there is a difference between having the resources and being resourceful.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by 9icetoo(m): 1:48pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kewtt:

And mocking the client by publicly declaring his confidential information of the purchase cost.... In an attempt to subject him to public ridicule
Oga calm down. Read posts well to understand.
The client posted the cost of another engine which radautoworks mistook for the purchase price of the car. In our haste to pull down another, let us take our time to be factual.

Note: I am not defending anybody. Don't come for me. I won't be here for you.

6 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 1:49pm On Apr 01, 2021
Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2021
9icetoo:

Oga calm down. Read posts well to understand.
The client posted the cost of another engine which radautoworks mistook for the purchase price of the car. In our haste to pull down another, let us take our time to be factual.

Note: I am not defending anybody. Don't come for me. I won't be here for you.
finally, someone who reads! Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 2:41pm On Apr 01, 2021
adanny01:

I'm just going to ignore the bolded because that's what you guys are used to and expect in this country. Did we sell him all those parts? All we have collected from him was about 200k for an overhaul of a vehicle that had a myriad of problems. Let me see one of these other techs now ready to offer solutions collect that money to get the car to where we did. Literally the only problem left is a light that can't be switched off and an oxygen sensor.

In fact, I dare any of them to try what is being suggested for less than what he has already paid us.

As for the second bolded statement, PLEASE WHERE DID I SAY FOR HIM TO SELL THE CAR CHEAP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Gazzuzz To Radautoworks And Back Again…my Story. by radautoworks: 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2021
radautoworks:

Alright, NOW I'm going to talk.

First, have YOU spoken to Glen about the repairs after pickup? Because he spent a LOT of time with your wife explaining what was going on.

You currently have a road worthy car for dirt cheap with a 90 day warranty on labor and 1 year on parts you did get from us. In my opinion, it would not be the best move to sell the vehicle but you do you.

I believe that we have gone above and beyond to satisfy you. At this point, all I can do is apologize if you feel your car is not brand new, request you take it to another shop with no knowledge of any of the work done so far on it and get their opinion on the health of your vehicle. We stand by the work done on your vehicle. You still have your 90 day labor warranty on work done and 1 year on any parts purchased from us.

Now we leave the public to form their opinions.

P.S: if you decide to sell it, bring it to us, we are pretty sure a buyer will jump on it.

Inception:

OP,

This is the solution to the oil warning light problem, given the Nigerian model and current realities( other fixes are a piece of cake for him).

Just bite the bullet and pray that he accepts to help you.

For the current service provider to give a suggestion that you sell the car tells the reality that :

1. They have run out ideas on how to fix your car
2. They are (implicitly) no longer interested in fixing your car (LOL @ 90 day warranty)
3. I will not say the third one about them offering to sell the car for you.

Remember, there is a difference between having the resources and being resourceful.

You guys really trying hard there to change the narrative huh. Maybe spend less time hoping we fail and more time actually reading what we say. Just a suggestion.

I also love how you are peddling the exact same solution we already applied and I posted without having the op buy another part with trial and error or "2/3 tries" smiley

I am still waiting for op to take it to one of you (preferably the dealer) for the status of health of that car. Until then I have no further replies cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

States In Nigeria And The Predominant Car Brand They Use / Toyota Malfunction Indicator Lamp / Guy Knocked Out By Lamborghini Owner After Jumping On His £320k Supercar For Fun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.