Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,498 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:44 AM

Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States (12151 Views)

Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry / Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? / The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 2:54am On Apr 15, 2011
EzeUche:

You should never enter my realm. If you understand how global markets are changing, you would understand that soon China will be exporting their manufacturing base as their people become wealthy. As the Chinese people become more wealthy, they will have to look to other regions to produce goods. This is basic economics. Higher incomes mean higher cost of production.

1) They still have a huge hinterland of unemployed peasants. This helps to reduce the increase of labor costs.
2) The manufacturing is shifting over to other East Asia countries where labor is cheap. Nigeria unfortunately won't be able to compete unless we get electricity  undecided
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 2:54am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Ibadan was founded by the white man ?!?!?!

LMAO

I would like for you to retell the history of Enugu and then tell the history of Ibadan.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 2:57am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Enugui, a city founded by the white man?

LWKMD

Read about the history of your beloved Enugu. It is there on Wikipedia for everyone to see.

You should believe everything you read on Wikipedia. It stunts your brain.

When did white people start using words like Enugu? Hmmm

Retell the story to us Mr. Onye Ocha.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 2:57am On Apr 15, 2011
ezeagu:

While you laugh at Aba, unfortunately, the only working city in your region is Lagos and we know the story behind that. You're at a stand still.
I prefer quality over quantity, personally. Give me a NYC over 20 Detroits. . . .

Oh, and, I was talking about Nigeria when I mentioned cocaine.
OK, fair enough. You are probably right about that, I wouldn't know. I only know that the South America->Europe routes tend to involve Igbos.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EkoIle1: 2:58am On Apr 15, 2011
EzeUche:

Too bad my education trumps your education in every way. Do not talk to your superiors in such a manner. It is unbecoming of a peasant.

Though this is the usual meaningless nonsese, but let's just pretend and set aside your fallacy for a min.

Of what use is your education when since independence, you got your a'ss whooped, you are still behind everybody and at the bottom of things, your leaders are mindless bickering fools with no sense of direction, the highest igbo public official is 6th place behind not only Yoruba and Hausa, but even the minorities, you've always been second fiddlers and you still are.

You are irrelevant in Abuja and that's why your leaders are back east fighting with each order like morons.

Again, of what use is your sorry ass education?
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 3:03am On Apr 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

Though this is the usual meaningless nonsese, but let's just pretend and set aside your fallacy for a min.

Of what use is your education when since independence, you got your a'ss whooped, you are still behind everybody and at the bottom of things, your leaders are mindless bickering fools with no sense of direction, the highest igbo public official is 6th place behind not only Yoruba and Hausa, but even the minorities, you've always been second fiddlers and you still are.

You are irrelevant in Abuja and that's why your leaders are back east fighting with each order like morons.

Again, of what use is your sorry backside education?

All I can say to this tripe is that we shall see who has the last laugh. . .

There is always pride before the fall.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 3:03am On Apr 15, 2011
EzeUche:

gbammmm

words cool
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by bashr4: 3:04am On Apr 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

Again, of what use is your sorry backside education?

ok but why do you so many beggers, illiterates, poverty,jobless touts, almajiros even with your fictional political stance? justasking
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 3:04am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

I prefer quality over quantity, personally. Give me a NYC over 20 Detroits. . . .

Sorry, if you're going to use analogy, use a right one. "20 Detroits" would only make sense if the eastern cities were . . . . at a stand still. grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 3:04am On Apr 15, 2011
EzeUche:

It is as simple 1 + 1 = 2. I laugh at how many of you believe that you have a vastly superior intellect, but simply sound like fools. You even some who thinks looking at the thesaurus to find synonyms of common words.

UMD is a great school. I was able to get a full ride due to my intellect and yes, I will "lord" over those I see as intellectually inferior to me.

Dude, it is a good school, but you cannot lord it over anyone. With all due respect, that is silly. It isn't even the best public schools in that region. . . UVA is. Anyway, no reason to bring degrees into it, let arguments stand on their own merit.

EzeUche:

You should believe everything you read on Wikipedia. It stunts your brain.

When did white people start using words like Enugu? Hmmm 

Retell the story to us Mr. Onye Ocha.
Na wa o. So the fact that it has an Igbo name means that it was founded by Igbos? Rather than the colonial adminstrators who founded the town just using a local name, or the name of the village nearby?

I won't retell the story. Instead, how about you tell me which aspects of the following description of its history you dispute:

In 1915 the British began talks with the indigenous people of the land that would become Enugu about its acquisition in order to lay the Eastern Line railway and to build a colliery. The first houses built in the area were in a temporary settlement consisting of Igbo traditional mud housing inhabited by a W.J. Leck and some other Europeans on Milliken Hill. Another settlement known as Ugwu Alfred (Igbo: Alfred's Hill) or "Alfred's Camp", inhabited by an Alfred Inoma (a leader of indigenous labourers from Onitsha) and his labourers, was located on a hillside.[18][23] After the land acquisition by the British, Frederick Lugard, the Governor-General of Nigeria at the time, named the colliery built at the bottom of the Udi Hills Enugu Coal Camp to distinguish it from Enugwu Ngwo[2] which overlooks the city from atop a scarp on Enugu's west.[24] The first coal mine in the Enugu area was the Udi mine opened in 1915 which was shut down two years later and replaced with the Iva Valley mine.[25][26] Enugu became a major coal mining area and the only significant one in West Africa.[18] The Eastern Line railway connecting Enugu with Port Harcourt was completed in 1916 in order to export the coal through its seaport[14][25] of which the city was created for this purpose.[27] Enugu became one of the few cities in West Africa created out of contact with Europeans.[1] By 1916 parts of Enugu reserved for Europeans were set up by the colonial government. The area now known as the Government Reserved Area (GRA) became the European Quarters located north of the Ogbete River; alongside this was a section developed for African residents located south of the river. The built-up area of Enugu comprised these two areas, and by 1917 the city officially gained township status. On the African side of the city a rapid influx of migrant workers sparked the development of squatter camps on the Udi Hills near the coal mines and the Iva Valley.[23]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enugu#Early_history
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 3:05am On Apr 15, 2011
A people that had no major cities before colonization are now telling me they built Enugu. All of those towns in the SE were founded by Mr Whitey.

So get off your high horses and stop acting superior or better than anyone else.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 3:07am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

I won't retell the story. Instead, how about you tell me which aspects of the following description of its history you dispute:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enugu#Early_history

In 1893 Ibadan area became a British Protectorate after a treaty signed by Fijabi, the Baale of Ibadan with the British acting Governor of Lagos, George C. Denton on 15 August.[3] By then the population had swelled to 120,000. The British developed the new colony to facilitate their commercial activities in the area, and Ibadan shortly grew into the major trading center that it is today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibadan

Awwwww. grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EkoIle1: 3:07am On Apr 15, 2011
EzeUche:

I forget, GEJ the new Moses is coming to deliver the weak and helpless ibo people from self inflicted backwardness and regression,

I got it,

bashr4:

ok but why do you so many beggers, illiterates, poverty,jobless touts, almajiros even with your fictional political stance? justasking

Apples and oranges.

Btw, we are talking about ibo people and their so called superior education, stay freeking focused,
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EkoIle1: 3:08am On Apr 15, 2011
EzeUche:

Igbos are known to make slums. We prefer clean villages and cities.

Lagos is a slum, Ibadan is a slum, Ogbomosho is a slum. You see the correlation?

Let us compare Enugu with Ibadan? Let us compare Owerri with Ogbomosho?

I know you don't know the meaning of slum, but let me help you with something from your major cities back east,

ONITSHA EYESORE:

http://www.wief.net/news/onitshaeyesore.htm

Use of Erosion Gullies as Landfills Is A Recipe for Disaster

http://www.wief.net/onitsha_landfill.htm

Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 3:10am On Apr 15, 2011
ezeagu:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibadan

Awwwww. grin

Ibadan came into existence in 1829.[2] According to local historians, Lagelu, the Jagun (commander-in-chief) of Ife and Yoruba's generalissimo, left Ile Ife with a handful of people from Ife, Oyo and Ijebu to found a new city, Eba Odan, which literally means 'between the forest and plains.' According to HRH Sir Isaac Babalola Akinyele, the late Olubadan (king) of Ibadan (Olu Ibadan means Lord of Ibadan), in his authoritative book on the history of Ibadan, Iwe Itan Ibadan, printed in 1911, the first city was destroyed due to an incident at an Egungun (masquerade) festival when an Egungun was accidentally disrobed and derisively mocked by women and children in an open marketplace full of people. In Yorubaland, it was an abomination for women to look an Egungun in the eye because the Egunguns were considered to be the dead forefathers who returned to the earth each year to bless their progeny. When the news reached Sango, the then Alaafin of Oyo, he commanded that Eba Odan be destroyed for committing such abominable act.
Lagelu was by now an old, frail man; he could not stop the destruction of his city, but he and some of his people survived the attack and fled to a nearby hill for sanctuary. On the hill they survived by eating oro fruit and snails; later, they cultivated the land and made corn and millets into pap meals known as oori or eko, which they ate with roasted snails. They improvised a bit by using the snail shells to drink the liquefied eko. Ultimately, Lagelu and his people came down from the hill and founded another city called Eba'dan.
The new city instantly grew prosperous and became a commercial nerve centre. Shortly afterwards, Lagelu died, leaving behind a politically savvy people and a very stable community. The newly enthroned Olubadan made a friendly gesture to the Olowu of Owu by allowing Olowu to marry his only daughter, Nkan. Coming from a war campaign one day, the raging Odo Oba (River Oba) would not allow Olowu and his army to cross until a human sacrifice was performed to appease the angry river. The chosen sacrifice was Nkan. The Olubadan was infuriated at hearing of Nkan's death; he sent an emissary to inform the Alafin of Oyo. Yoruba kings and rulers such as Alake of Egba, Agura of Gbagura, Ooni of Ife, Awujale of Ijebu and others formed a formidable coalition with Eba'dan against the powerful Olowu of Owu. After the defeat of Owu, many of the warriors that participated in the coalition refused to go back to their towns and cities except the Ijebu warriors. They began attacking the neighboring towns and hamlets, and also marauded across Eba'dan thereby making the indigenes fearful of them. Finally, they took over the political landscape of Eba'dan and changed its name to Ibadan, as we have come to know it.

Ibadan was founded in 1829, bro. . .
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 3:11am On Apr 15, 2011
Eko Ile should not even go there.

Do not start anything you cannot finish.  undecided
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by bashr4: 3:12am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

A people that had no major cities before colonization are now telling me they built Enugu. All of those towns in the SE were founded by Mr Whitey.

So get off your high horses and stop acting superior or better than anyone else.

your talking about enugu north , its just a portion of enugu city , but i dont blame you after all you know nothing about the east also onitsha ,asaba, aba, ibuzo , igweocha(later changed to ph) ,okigwe , owerri ,nri, nnewi , omambala( current area from awka to aguata part of anambra) were vibrant cities before the white man came.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 3:13am On Apr 15, 2011
Anyway, it is all good. You have some nice cities in the East, that the white man built for you.

Lagos too probably benefited a lot from the white man. But let's not act like you guys built them from scratch. Because that would be a flat out lie.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 3:13am On Apr 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

I know you don't know the meaning of slum, but let me help you with something from your major cities back east,

Hahah. See somebody from Lagos picking pictures of rubbish. I'll spare the thread of Lagos horrors and Makoko wonders that we all saw on BBC.

ekt_bear:

Ibadan was founded in 1829, bro. . .

Ibadan was burnt down, became a British colony and was industrialised in 1893, . . . . bro . . .
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 3:15am On Apr 15, 2011
Look at all these old British names like Onitsha, Owerre, Aba, Arochukwu, Aboh, Ahaba. grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 3:16am On Apr 15, 2011
Can  ekt_bear please define a city?

I guess he doesn't know of the city-states that existed in Igboland. Like Onitsha. . .
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by dondavids: 3:17am On Apr 15, 2011
Desola,

You can make noise all you want, the painful truth is that the average Yoruba person is very Lazy.

Na serious Bad Bella dey worry you.

What you can't have, you simply hate.

All GEJ needs to do inorder to stop Igbos from migrating to Lagos and helping lazy assholes like you guys develop Lagos is just to complete the dredging of River Niger and then build us a sea port in Onitsha then we can leave you Lazy and ungrateful Jealous Bastards alone to reap the fruits of your Laziness,

Because you get fine name sha, make you enjoy this Video titled Hate Me Now by Nas and P Diddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKSJN3WWR3E

Fresh Air 2011,
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 3:19am On Apr 15, 2011
ezeagu:

Hahah. See somebody from Lagos picking pictures of rubbish. I'll spare the thread of Lagos horrors and Makoko wonders that we all saw on BBC.

Ibadan was burnt down, became a British colony and was industrialised in 1893, . . . . bro . . .

Why are you wilfully misreading the article? It was founded in 1829, burned down in a fire sometime after that, was rebuilt. 60+ years later.

Here is what you quoted:

Colonial Ibadan
[size=18pt]In 1893 Ibadan area became a British Protectorate after a treaty signed by Fijabi, the Baale of Ibadan with the British acting Governor of Lagos, George C. Denton on 15 August.[3] By then the population had swelled to 120,000. [/size]The British developed the new colony to facilitate their commercial activities in the area, and Ibadan shortly grew into the major trading center that it is today.

Did you even have an city/town in 1893 with a population of 10,000? grin Not to talk of 120,000? 1893 Ibadan was as populous as 1850 Philly. . .

Now, are you claiming that it didn't come into existence until 1893, when the British colonized it?

Contrast this with Enugu, where the white man bought some land from ya'll to build a city. And banished ya'll to the native side of town in the city he built  grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EkoIle1: 3:21am On Apr 15, 2011
ezeagu:

To start with, I didn't say Lagos is void of slums, surfe there slums in lagos because you people came with your slums and ibo people live in lagos slums starting from Ajegunle to Alaba and orile,

You on the other hand claimed that you don't have slums in your towns and village. I was just calling your attention to your ignorant and stupid claims.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 3:21am On Apr 15, 2011
Anyway, next time some Igbo man brags about the cities he inherited from whitey built, just remind him of the origin of those cities.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 3:23am On Apr 15, 2011
And on that note. . . I'm out cool

Wasted too much time on nairaland today.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EzeUche(m): 3:23am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Anyway, next time some Igbo man brags about the cities he inherited from whitey built, just remind him of the origin of those cities.

Unbelievable. This EWU wants to disrespect a group of people. He can't even speak his native tongue, yet he wants to feel superior. Sometimes NL never ceases to amaze me.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 15, 2011
Ibadan was burnt down, became a British colony and was industrialised in 1893

little clarification:

Ibadan was burnt down by Oyo. The people of Ibadan fled then later came back to rebuild the town, which eventually became a city.

It wasnt burnt down by the british, just clearing that up in case there's a misunderstanding on anybody's part.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 3:26am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Why are you wilfully misreading the article? It was founded in 1829, burned down in a fire sometime after that, was rebuilt. 60+ years later.

Here is what you quoted:
Did you even have an city/town in 1893 with a population of 10,000? grin Not to talk of 120,000? 1893 Ibadan was as populous as 1850 Philly. . .

Now, are you claiming that it didn't come into existence until 1893, when the British colonized it?

Contrast this with Enugu, where the white man bought some land from ya'll to build a city. And banished ya'll to the native side of town in the city he built  grin

Comapared it to Philadelphia. Who wants a city with
the structure of an overgrown village.
?

http://www.cambridge.org/gb/knowledge/isbn/item2427051/?site_locale=en_GB

That's just a bunch of people living closely, not a city.

ekt_bear:

You mean Enugu from the Enugu Ngwo village group? Go and bring the history of the rest of the other cities. Anyway, this is today, and today the east has more working cities, whichever way you want to twist it or which which ever overgrown village you want to compare them to.

1 Like

Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by bashr4: 3:30am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

And on that note. . . I'm out  cool

Wasted too much time on nairaland today.
none of the cities i mentined was founded by a white man
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 3:36am On Apr 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

To start with, I didn't say Lagos is void of slums, surfe there slums in lagos because you people came with your slums and ibo people live in lagos slums starting from Ajegunle to Alaba and orile,

You on the other hand claimed that you don't have slums in your towns and village. I was just calling your attention to your ignorant and silly claims.

Eh, I believe what I said was that if the east is a slum (as a poster said the whole of the east is a slum) then the rest of Nigeria is for rubbish. To make it clear, the east of Nigeria probably has the least slums. And people hustling in Alaba doesn't change the fact that eastern people are not known for begging. shocked
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by fstranger3(m): 3:38am On Apr 15, 2011
ezeagu:

Eh, I believe what I said was that if the east is a slum (as a poster said the whole of the east is a slum) then the rest of Nigeria is for rubbish. To make it clear, the east of Nigeria probably has the least slums. And people hustling in Alaba doesn't change the fact that eastern people are not known for begging. shocked

Is that the new lingo for pick-pocketing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lagos State PDP Chairman, Moshood Salvador Decamps To APC / You Have Equal Rights In Katsina– Gov. Masari Tells Katsina Christians / APC Slams Obaseki, Says Nigeria Safe Under Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.