Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,565 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States (12154 Views)

Who Is More Relaxed Here (GMB Or GEJ) In The Meeting With John Kerry / Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? / The SE (Igbo) Should Be Commended For Supporting GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 12:35am On Apr 15, 2011
mbatuku1:

My wife is Yoruba. Jason, I have no choice. Just defensive mode.

I dont meet not-so-smart ones like here on NL.

around where in lagos, i am in makoko now
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 12:41am On Apr 15, 2011
hei ! See all these ijebu people, we give them small chance and they want to take over, so oba rilwan akiolu is ijebu? Ijebu people are found towards the outskirts of lagos, it's funny when everyone is claiming lagos, even someone 4rm atakunmosa & ibarapa is claiming lagos!

Rakumi,

Olodo ni e. Omo ti o ba gbo itan, aa ba aroba. Aimokan lo n se e, nitori na, oro e o jo mi loju.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 12:45am On Apr 15, 2011
ezeagu:

How many Igbo people are there in Lagos? 5 million? The Federal government counted 25 million people in the 5 Igbo states, and even then they gave Aba a population of 500,000 which is rubbish so there's even more, so where does the notion of people not enjoying the south east come from? Slum? If south eastern Nigeria is a slum, the rest of Nigeria is for rubbish.

My point is simple. Let's say we ranked each state by raw #s of people immigrating per year. Lagos, Rivers, Delta, Abuja will all be highly positive. SE zone would be negative.

I'm not calling the SE a slum. My point is, Lagos cannot be that bad if it attracts so many people. Nobody moves from the frying pan into the fire  grin

Even if they leave their village to move to a slum in Lagos. . . well, doesn't that suggest that even the slum offers them a better life than their village and state?
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by bashr4: 12:47am On Apr 15, 2011
i love this desola , we need more yorubas like her in nigeria to notice our efforts and hardwork, unfortunately she does not even reside in nigeria. its important that igos dominate all the commercial and important cities in nigeria  like onitsha, nnewi,aba, abakiliki,portharcourt and those outside their region like lagos,abuja  and kano.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 12:48am On Apr 15, 2011
mbatuku1:

That to me is impressive, lol. Third generation Lagosian, wife is Yoruba, your kids probably with at least one Yoruba name, probably have lived most of your life in Lagos. For all I know, your wife is my cousin. Yet we appear to be on opposite teams.

Heh, kind of weird  grin grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 12:48am On Apr 15, 2011

Woof! Woof!! You sly dog! grin So you were able to nab our daughter to produce an OOduaite? Smart ibo boy. We shall consider you for citizenship but be sure to drop that yeye Igbo name and adopt Akande or Ajani otherwise, no show for you.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by mbatuku1: 12:50am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'm not calling the SE a slum. Furthest east I've been in PH; never been to Imo and the rest.

My point is. . . slum or no, people from all over Nigeria, heck, West Africa seem to be voting with their feet and moving to Lagos. And they've been doing this for 80+ years now. So it cannot be that bad a city (at least compared to the alternatives), slum or no. Otherwise, presumably people would move out elsewhere. 1 million+ population growth per year should tell you it is quite superior to the alternatives.

Quit shifting the goal posts. The argument was that if Lagos was a slum, then the SE will be a more bigger slum.

We weren't talking of their economic importance. Maybe I need to quote you.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by yarodin: 12:51am On Apr 15, 2011
Desola:

Where is their rightful place? Right now, the whole of SW Nigeria is happy to accomodate them but they need to understand who the master is, that's all i'm asking. Don't overstep your boundry and just be content that we are fair master and don't agitate us.

Its all about tactics, darling. We use soft power not hard power. You have to be smart to use them and not make them know it. Let them feel relaxed basking in their mirage of taking over Lagos. As long as they continue to pay taxes and bring those containers through Apapa, we're cool. We don't mind them so long as we can use them which gives us the ability to globe trott. You get me?

So now you are happy to accomodate us?  You promise in 5mins you won't demand that will get the hell out of Lagos?  Well since our royal Amu lover has spoken, I believe Igbos living in Lagos are safe.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 12:54am On Apr 15, 2011
Quit shifting the goal posts. The argument was that if Lagos was a slum, then the SE will be a more bigger slum.

Nah, it's not a slum, just a desert which equates a barren land and example of the barren tree which had to be cut down because it bore no fruit. Nothing good can come out it grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by mbatuku1: 12:55am On Apr 15, 2011
You be certified were alaso grin

Confirm mad 'Ijebu' girl.

Desola:

Woof! Woof!! You sly dog! grin So you were able to nab our daughter to produce an OOduaite? Smart ibo boy. We shall consider you for citizenship but be sure to drop that yeye Igbo name and adopt Akande or Ajani otherwise, no show for you.

Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 12:56am On Apr 15, 2011
yarodin:

So now you are happy to accomodate us?  You promise in 5mins you won't demand that will get the hell out of Lagos?  Well since our royal Amu lover has spoken, I believe Igbos living in Lagos are safe.  

grin grin grin

this people are funny don't u think

well brother let me give u something that would make you happy to be a nigerian forget this desola and others

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-477443.384.html#bot
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 12:57am On Apr 15, 2011

So long you behave yourselves and know who rules the roost.

You are good for business for now but when you reach menopause, we'd have to reconsider.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 12:58am On Apr 15, 2011
mbatuku1:

Kindly quote me, show me where I called the SE a slum. Point is simple. . . slum or not, Lagos appears to be a far more desirable place to live than the SE. At least if immigration is any indication. . .
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EkoIle1: 12:58am On Apr 15, 2011
Funny enough, ibo people brought slum to Lagos and they live in the same slums like Ajegunle, Alaba and Orile.

And their dirty spare parts shanties they call stores? Utter trash,
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by yarodin: 1:00am On Apr 15, 2011
Desola:

So long you behave yourselves and know who rules the roost.

You are good for business for now but when you reach menopause, we'd have to reconsider.

Deal, but don't go behind my back and backstabb me oooooooooooooooh. By the way you never answered my earlier question, did you live in 1004?
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by mbatuku1: 1:03am On Apr 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

Funny enough, ibo people brought slum to Lagos and they live in the same slums like Ajegunle, Alaba and Orile.

The fustrated agbero rears his ugly head. grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by yarodin: 1:04am On Apr 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

Yes, we live in those places, but some of us will be moving to the new Eko Atlantic City.  Eko Ni Baje, thanks to Fashola his numerous Igbo sponsors.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 1:05am On Apr 15, 2011
Deal, but don't go behind my back and backstabb me oooooooooooooooh.  By the way you never answered my earlier question, did you live in 1004?

Oti, 1004 ko, Iju Ishaga ni. angry

I don't extend a gentleman(woman) handshake to a worker. My word is stronger than oak but subject to change.  wink
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by aribisala0(m): 1:05am On Apr 15, 2011
yarodin:

Yes, we live in those places, but some of us will be moving to the new Eko Atlantic City.  Eko Ni Baje, thanks to Fashola his numerous Igbo sponsors.
IGBOKWENU
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 1:07am On Apr 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

At least they're actually working. undecided
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ezeagu(m): 1:09am On Apr 15, 2011
This thread is not even sweet any more, no more serious tribalism. What happened? Come on guys. grin
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by jason123: 1:09am On Apr 15, 2011
aribisala0:

IGBOKWENU
IGBOKWEZONU!!! YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin smiley
Why wouldn't you love Igbos I dey gbadun these Igbo guys jorrr! grin wink [size=5pt]Except from a few of them on NL[/size]
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by jason123: 1:10am On Apr 15, 2011
ezeagu:

This thread is not even sweet any more, no more serious tribalism. What happened? Come on guys. grin

LOL
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by mbatuku1: 1:12am On Apr 15, 2011
ekt_bear:

Kindly quote me, show me where I called the SE a slum. Point is simple. . . slum or not, Lagos appears to be a far more desirable place to live than the SE. At least if immigration is any indication. . .

Yet, there are still more people living in the SE than Lagos. You are contradicting yourself.
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by Desola(f): 1:13am On Apr 15, 2011
IGBOKWEZONU!!! YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why wouldn't you love Igbos I dey gbadun these Igbo guys jorrr! Except from a few of them on NL

PENDULUM!
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by aribisala0(m): 1:13am On Apr 15, 2011
i heard dat when u guys go home at xmas u impress d village girls by speakin yoruba true?
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EkoIle1: 1:15am On Apr 15, 2011
mbatuku1:

Yet, there are still more people living in the SE than Lagos. You are contradicting yourself.

Because SE is a region with many states and Lagos state is just one state. Btw, what's that got to do with desirability? Talk about backward and ignorant logic,
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by AljUche: 1:15am On Apr 15, 2011
aribisala0:

i heard dat when u guys go home at xmas u impress d village girls by speakin yoruba true?

i heard that as well but i have not seen it before unless the ones that use slangs like eko o ni baje, lagosboy etc
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by ektbear: 1:18am On Apr 15, 2011
mbatuku1:

Err, lol. Norway is less populated than Ghana. Does that suggest that the latter is more desirable to live in than the former?  grin grin grin

My brother-in-law, your logic needs to be sharper than that wink
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by EkoIle1: 1:18am On Apr 15, 2011
ezeagu:

At least they're actually working. undecided

Keep working hard and keep paying dem taxes, we got many roads, schools and bridges to build with your money.

Y'all are like immigrant laborers,
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by recoome(m): 1:20am On Apr 15, 2011
@desola: ode aiye ni e! Auntie ode! Inoki kekere ni e! Omo ti o leko rara! Olodo rabata, oju eja lo mo je, eeti e mo eyan to ju e lo abi? Eyin ewure osi to nso kaa kiri! Ede pa enu e de nitori oun run, okete ni e, omo alata osi!
Re: Ungrateful Igbos And Others Supporting Gej In Acn States by jason123: 1:20am On Apr 15, 2011
Guys, its okay. . . .ONE LOVE WEST AND EAST!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

APC Lagos Governorship Primaries: Will It Hold Today? / Easter: FG Declares Friday, April 15 & Monday, April 18 Public Holidays / Tinubu’s Ministerial List Not Ready Yet, Says Dele Alake (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.