Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,344 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC (33925 Views)

Hamas Are Not Terrorists But Freedom Fighters Says MURIC, Appeals For Cease Fire / What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Oricha79(m): 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2021
johnmartus:
We are now in the state of lawless...The only thing that bother Buhari most is when he heard someone is trying to overthrow him any other thing not his damn business

This muric actually fueling the crisis the terrorist organization called muric should be disbanded by authority. There is a Muslim group already which is under the control of Sultan of sokoto.

It's a pity that Buhari gave this terrorist called oloyede an appointment in order to financing his organization with taxpayer money.
ishaq akintola is different from ishaq oloyede now
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by limeta(f): 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2021
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by excel101(m): 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2021
Maj196:
Enough of this pointless fights, I attended C $ S college ilorin being a Muslim. There was peace and it was fun all through. We Muslims pray and worship in the school and the christians do theirs to.
You've not said anything my brother. Despite the peace in C&S College in Ilorin when you were there, throughout the years you were in the school, were the students using hijab?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by simplesearch: 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2021
AnanseK:
Learning has nothing to do with dressing. There must have been some educationists, health workers, administrators and other technical workers that emerged from this Primary School.They were wearing their best , welcoming Chief Obafemi Awolowo the then Premier of the Western Region ( which included Bomadi).
How does hijab affect your education or your life? CAN is just looking for trouble.

If it doesn't affect and the school authority said they don't want any form of discrimination among their student along religious line, how is it difficult to abide by the rules and regulations of the school you choose to attend. It's like going to crescent university and not want to abide by their rules when you could easily seek admission else where. The situation where terrorists from the same religion will attack school and spare their own while subjecting people of other faith to untold suffering is that acceptable to you? Take the case of Leah Sharib for example who they refuse to release until now just because he refuse to accept Mohammed and Allah.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Paddybaci: 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2021
All those saying nothing is wrong in wearing Hijab to school, I hope a herbalist son will be allowed to wear red cloth on his head and cowries on his neck to school? Schools have uniform for God sake. I know some school that only allow black sandals as part of their uniform and if you wear anything contrary to that, you can't gain access to the school. If the schools regulations and principles doesn't favor you, take your child to another school.

3 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Sterope(f): 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
RCCG has a compulsory robe now? Who knew?
Omooba77:

I can come to school in RCCG Robe? Uniform is called!
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Chijeep(m): 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The Christians stop muslims student from entering the school because they had an hijab on.

Who then is intolerant
will you tolerate a Christian carry Bible and Holy Rosary in to the Mosque?

not tolerating nonsense doesn't mean you're not tolerant my friend... get this into your skull

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Nauttyprof(m): 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
delpee:
We had no female students wearing hijab in Federal Colleges even in the North all through the 70s to the 90s to the best of my knowledge. ALL female students of both public and mission schools wore berets or hats. When did hijab suddenly become mandatory in Islam? It's not one of the 5 pillars of Islam nor is it in the Holy Koran which states modest dressing ....same as in the Holy Bible.

A uniform is a leveller and promotes unity.

I just pray that they don't succeed in dividing our youth and/or initiating them in to extremism. BH and ISWAP are still with us as a major issue. Let's beware of creating more battle fronts.

I went to a Muslim school and also never saw where any single lady wore hijab back then. Ladies wore beret whether you are a Muslim or Christian. Morning prayers on assembly was always the Islamic way from Monday to Friday while on Friday, we don't close by one but until Jumaat prayer is over. So, the question is are they more religious now than before? Is hijab adding more to their Islamic status or will make them make heaven if they wear it longer here on earth?

Nigeria is a religious sensitive nation and as such should play neutral to anything that could create tension.

If a state government could leave other major issues bothering the state and devote energy and attention to issue like hijab, shows the kind of leader he is.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Idzitari1(m): 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
Not all educated are literate @Ishaq Akintola this old fool will nv get nom

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by sirsholley(m): 12:41pm On Mar 18, 2021
This hijab issue is deeper than what read on the pages of newspaper and most people commenting just do based on sentiments, i base here in Ilorin and i know a bit if not all about the issue. Has anybody question the reason why the state ministry of education refuse to post Christian religion teachers to schools that carry muslim name or allow christians to hold fellowship in the said schools. Please let peace reign, let us continue to live in harmony. Ire oooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Sterope(f): 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2021
Cowries are fine if it is part of his religion. What are you scared of? smiley. Your religious bigotry knows no bound.

Red cloth is not compulsory. You need to stop watching too much Nollywood
Paddybaci:
All those saying nothing is wrong in wearing Hijab to school, I hope a herbalist son will be allowed to wear red cloth on his head and cowries on his neck to school? Schools have uniform for God sake. I know some school that only allow black sandals as part of their uniform and if you wear anything contrary to that, you can't gain access to the school. If the schools regulations and principles doesn't favor you, take your child to another school.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Ashirioluwa: 12:43pm On Mar 18, 2021
One big factor that is killing this country is Religion. All the successful or developed countries on earth doesn’t really care about religion. They all allow their citizens to practice religion of their choice. The government removed religion from all activities.

But this is different when you come down to this zoo country. Religion in this country is WAR. Religion leaders in this country are warlords who are using religion to carry out their devilish acts
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by luluman: 12:45pm On Mar 18, 2021
360degreess:
.. Your religion also says women should cover their heads and bodies..See 1timothy 2:9,1corinthians11:5-6,deutronomy 22:5...But you prefer to worship your religious scholars instead of the God that created you,because those ones are always telling you about"prosperity"and other lies that you want to hear..If the Christian ladies prefer to dress half naked even in churches, and the Muslims are not forcing them to cover their bodies,why are the Christians complaining about Muslims women covering their bodies?..
Kwara State is a predominantly Muslim state, go to Rivers,Akwaibom,anambra etc.. and do what you want to do there..
If you think you made any sense you Fvcked up by saying other people's religion dress half naked: that it bigotry, you mind your business. Secondly the fact that Christians dont use veil doesn't mean they dress half naked you sound fanatical.Third if Kwara is predominantly Muslim as you claim must you force your religious way on every person? If you want peace let your children leave mission schools alone & attend Islamic schools. Are are muslims terrorists?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by eazyduzit: 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2021
They say Allah forbid them from coming close to profit (The Hausa people call it Riba) and yet they work in a bank whose main aim is to get profit.When I was a kid in the far North (Maiduguri)which is obviously a Muslim dominated town,the Muslims ummah don't wear Hijab but rather they wore veils to cover their body not until they started becoming fanatical Muslims then the hijab became a norm among them despite the harsh weather of the town.
In far away Australia,the Muslims students who are mostly foreigners asked the government to take out pork meat from the school meal simply because their religion despise pork and call it Haram (make una imagine,in another country ooooo0).
Hence the Muslim missionaries schools are there, it'll be a good gesture for them to take their children to those schools thereby avoiding scenario like this.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:50pm On Mar 18, 2021
johnmartus:
We are now in the state of lawless...The only thing that bother Buhari most is when he heard someone is trying to overthrow him any other thing not his damn business

This muric actually fueling the crisis the terrorist organization called muric should be disbanded by authority. There is a Muslim group already which is under the control of Sultan of sokoto.

It's a pity that Buhari gave this terrorist called oloyede an appointment in order to financing his organization with taxpayer money.

Ishaq Akintola and Ishaq Oloyede are two different personalities,please ! They are both Muslims ,academics but different individuals. Ishaq Akintola of Muric is a lecturer at LASU and he is from Ile Ife in Osun state while Ishaq Oloyede ,former VC of University of Ilorin and current DG of JAMB is from kwara state.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by ceaser: 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2021
Kwara state will eventually destroy itself the way it's going. Once the extreme form of Islam is beginning to creep into a state, it's only grace from "Allah" that can bring back such state from the brink of destruction.

The Northern states that adopted Sha'riah in an obvious polytheistic country with its own constitution are currently battling with so much unrest, banditry, kidnapping of school children, illegal mining activities, insecurity and all kinds of societal ill, all in varying degrees.

This is because the adoption of an extreme form of any religion is like planting the seed of destruction from the ills associated with the extremism of such religion.

While there is freedom of worship and of association and a group of religious individual may choose to adopt the laws and statutes associated with their own mode of worship, it should be noted that doing this in a constitutionally polytheistic society means that it is subject to the non-religious (civil) constitution of that society.

In such instances, history shows that there is usually peaceful co-existence of different faiths until such time that believers of one of the faiths decide to force its belief down the throat of others. That is what is happening in the north. In this case of Kwara state, many school children have actually attended schools every one of them donning the apparel that reflects their faith. You would have found a few muslim girls don the hijab but because it was not aimed at foisting it on non-muslims, it was not an issue.

But the moment the government stepped in and it becomes apparent that the balance is about to be tipped, then warring factions emerge, each trying to protect his/her faith.

The problem with extremism is that it wants to foist their way of life on the believers of other faiths in such society. Such intolerant attitude is always a recipe for stunted growth and development of any society befallen by such evil.

Politics is good but the people practicing it in Nigeria are evil, hence all they could think of is how to create division to favour 'emselves. Division along religious lines is one of it. The other one is division along ethnic lines.

Kwara state is trying to key into this Modus operandi, and while it may work at first, it will at the end boomerang into a hydra headed monster like it currently is in most Northern states of the nation.

OROSUNBOLB:

Ishaq Akinola and Ishaq Oloyede are two different personalities,please ! They are both Muslims ,academics but different individuals. Ishaq Akinola of Muric is a lecturer at LASU and he is from Ile Ife in Osun state while Ishaq Oloyede ,former VC of University of Ilorin and current DG of JAMB is from kwara state.

Oloyede hails from Ogun state but he has spent and worked much in Kwara state to easily mistake his origin from there.

His father lives in Ogun state.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Besk: 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2021
iwaeda:

https://dailytrust.com/hijab-crisis-can-hasnt-learnt-from-history-says-muric

This lunatic called Ishaq Oloyede would be under a terrorist watch. Unfortunately, in Nigeria, idiots like him who feed on religious crises are tolerated and even celebrated.

Very sad. He was the one who caused problems at University of Ibadan Staff School the other time....
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by simplesearch: 12:51pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Beret is western...most Christian schools use beret

Hijab is Islamic.

If a Muslim girl says she doesn't want to wear a beret then she should be allowed to wear a hijab

Why wear an Islamic hijab to acquire a western education? If you want to be a deviant you should do it conclusively by enrolling in an Islamic school to acquire Islamic education.
If the Hijab is your altar ego why not embrace it in it's entirety and sit down in your house adoring it, since that is what will take you heaven.
This is the reason some non-christian country like Japan don't want any form of Islamic adventure among them, because they know you guys are agent of destruction and destabilization.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by motayoayinde: 12:52pm On Mar 18, 2021
Omoodua007:
I like how Muric is encouraging Kwara Yoruba Muslims to use their number and take over Christ institutions
They will come to Lagos Ogun Ekiti and Ondo kogi and oyo / osun to ask for rights lol

Yoruba remains a Christian majority group abs more organized in Christianity

YOUR YORUBA CHRISTIAN MAJORITY CLAIM IS GASPING FOR PROOF.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Danwakae(m): 12:53pm On Mar 18, 2021
A Catholic skul is involve . ST. ANTHONY. but Gov. A.A , is only playing politics...I'm a muslim, let us follow the teachings of our holy prophet(SAW).
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by highbee02: 12:53pm On Mar 18, 2021
delpee:
We had no female students wearing hijab in Federal Colleges even in the North all through the 70s to the 90s to the best of my knowledge. ALL female students of both public and mission schools wore berets or hats. When did hijab suddenly become mandatory in Islam? It's not one of the 5 pillars of Islam nor is it in the Holy Koran which states modest dressing ....same as in the Holy Bible.

A uniform is a leveller and promotes unity.

I just pray that they don't succeed in dividing our youth and/or initiating them in to extremism. BH and ISWAP are still with us as a major issue. Let's beware of creating more battle fronts.

"It's not one of the 5 pillars of Islam nor is it in the Holy Koran which states modest dressing."

Stop shooting yourself in the leg
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Tareq1105: 12:53pm On Mar 18, 2021
360degreess:
.. Your religion also says women should cover their heads and bodies..See 1timothy 2:9,1corinthians11:5-6,deutronomy 22:5...But you prefer to worship your religious scholars instead of the God that created you,because those ones are always telling you about"prosperity"and other lies that you want to hear..If the Christian ladies prefer to dress half naked even in churches, and the Muslims are not forcing them to cover their bodies,why are the Christians complaining about Muslims women covering their bodies?..
Kwara State is a predominantly Muslim state, go to Rivers,Akwaibom,anambra etc.. and do what you want to do there..

Fighting for a god who doesn't even recognize or accept his worship.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by TAO11(f): 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2021
savageyoungboy:
No matter how I always want Nigeria to be Nigerian
I can't help but wonder why Americans are so amazing
When Africans see 1kilometer, Americans see 3,000,000 kilometers
They were so smart to disintegrate Religion activities from school be it muslim or christian or Egungun

GOD BLESS AMERICA
GOD HELP NIGERIA
Kids use hijabs here in American schools.

That said: Is the Baptist school (as at present) not a Government school — which is funded by the Government, whose staff are employed and paid by the Government, etc.?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Maj196(m): 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
excel101:
You've not said anything my brother. Destite the peace in C&S College in Ilorin when you were there, throughout the years you were in the school, were the students using hijab?
No hijab, every girl was on low cut. No hair plaiting.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by F117nighthawk: 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
MURIC organization is as dumb as the person leading them, is there any difference in the way this man think or reason and those rag tag BOKO HARAM fighters?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by highbee02: 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2021
Grgton:
it's already causing discussion!! I watched the video,I felt so ashamed... when did wearing hijab become such an issue as a Muslim you can wear hijab to the mosque, same goes to Christians tying scaf to the church...NOT in the school!! school has dress codes.. and besides the school in question is a missionary school.. so why that tention?? I think parents concerned should send their kids to Muslim school where they can wear hijab forever!!

Point of correction, they are grant-aided mission schools; founded by Christian missionaries but funded by the state government in terms of both material and human resources through tax payers
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Shattuck(m): 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Christians arent tolerant at all.

They want to impose their ways on all.

Government schools are for all, any religion can practice what they want.

Now if it was a catholic school where the hijab was forced, then i would have said it was wrong but this is a government school where both muslims and Christians are tax payers.

The government is making the hijab optional for muslims not Christians.

can one go to a Muslim school and refuse to wear the hijab? I believe these schools were mission schools before the govt took over.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
ceaser:
Kwara state will eventually destroy itself the way it's going. Once the extreme form of Islam is beginning to creep into a state, it's only grace from "Allah" that can bring back such state from the brink of destruction.

The Northern states that adopted Sha'riah in an obvious polytheistic country with its own constitution are currently battling with so much unrest, banditry, kidnapping of school children, illegal mining activities, insecurity and all kinds of societal ill, all in varying degrees.

This is because the adoption of an extreme form of any religion is like planting the seed of destruction from the ills associated with the extremism of such religion.

While there is freedom of worship and of association and a group of religious individual may choose to adopt the laws and statutes associated with their own mode of worship, it should be noted that doing this in a constitutionally polytheistic society means that it is subject to the non-religious (civil) constitution of that society.

The problem with extremism is that it wants to foist their way of life on the believers of other faiths in such society. Such intolerant attitude is always a recipe for stunted growth and development of any society befallen by such evil.

Oloyede hails from Ogun state but he has spent and worked much in Kwara state to easily mistake his origin from there.

His father lives in Ogun state.

It's okay,thanks for the correction. Yes, you're right. I just confirmed that now.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by luluman: 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Christians arent tolerant at all.

They want to impose their ways on all.

Government schools are for all, any religion can practice what they want.

Now if it was a catholic school where the hijab was forced, then i would have said it was wrong but this is a government school where both muslims and Christians are tax payers.

The government is making the hijab optional for muslims not Christians.

You think you are educated but No, you be mumu. Schools are attended with school uniforms. The school in question is a formal school & formal uniform is recognized not religious uniform but your brain does not know that. Instead you want to forcefully wear religious uniform to the school.

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by malcom1X: 1:01pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Beret is western...most Christian schools use beret

Hijab is Islamic.

If a Muslim girl says she doesn't want to wear a beret then she should be allowed to wear a hijab

For school wey you want go, you don't want to wear beret?
I believe the best thing here is to go to an Islamic school.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2021
MURIC is a terrorist organization
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by emmnprince(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2021
360degreess:

The Bible emphasis is placed on modest apparel. Dress worn by women that is decent, moderate and sensible.

Those that are doing otherwise are going against God's will.

When you say cover their heads and bodies, do you mean they should mask up from head to toe?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Afghanistan Crisis: Lauretta Onochie Reacts 'Let's Guard Our Utterances' / Obasanjo Is Morally Bankrupt – Kashamu / 2023: Implications Of Atiku’s Selection Of Okowa As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.