Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC (33913 Views)

Hamas Are Not Terrorists But Freedom Fighters Says MURIC, Appeals For Cease Fire / What History Says About How Buhari’s Successor Will Emerge / Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by nwabueze1999(m): 1:03pm On Mar 18, 2021
360degreess:
.. Your religion also says women should cover their heads and bodies..See 1timothy 2:9,1corinthians11:5-6,deutronomy 22:5...But you prefer to worship your religious scholars instead of the God that created you,because those ones are always telling you about"prosperity"and other lies that you want to hear..If the Christian ladies prefer to dress half naked even in churches, and the Muslims are not forcing them to cover their bodies,why are the Christians complaining about Muslims women covering their bodies?..
Kwara State is a predominantly Muslim state, go to Rivers,Akwaibom,anambra etc.. and do what you want to do there..

stop quoting the Scripture upside down, out of context
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by luluman: 1:04pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The Christians stop muslims student from entering the school because they had an hijab on.

Who then is intolerant
Maybe you are so daft to notice that the church in the compound shows that it originally belongs to Christian's. Build your own now.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 1:05pm On Mar 18, 2021
360degreess:
.. Your religion also says women should cover their heads and bodies..See 1timothy 2:9,1corinthians11:5-6,deutronomy 22:5...But you prefer to worship your religious scholars instead of the God that created you,because those ones are always telling you about"prosperity"and other lies that you want to hear..If the Christian ladies prefer to dress half naked even in churches, and the Muslims are not forcing them to cover their bodies,why are the Christians complaining about Muslims women covering their bodies?..
Kwara State is a predominantly Muslim state, go to Rivers,Akwaibom,anambra etc.. and do what you want to do there..

In church not in school
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Tonalphs(f): 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2021
hijab is just the first start. they will soon demand for a mosque inside the school. I blame Christians for this. why give admission to them in large number in the first place. in their mind they wanna win soul for Christ. how's the outcome now?
go to a Muslim sch and compare the percentage of Muslims to Christians. it will be 100:1. but in Christian schools it'll be 50:48. such an amount will definitely lead to a contest for equality. Christians never learn.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Fatfab(m): 1:08pm On Mar 18, 2021
Sorry 2 take ur time.
Am a multimedia guy and I deal on installations of LED SCREENS ND VIDEO WALL for ur studio,bar or church. I also rent out stage riser,lighting,and led screen for ur event. Call or WhatsApp on 070,1554,7446

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Empiree: 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
They do not understand simple thing. Actually they do but they are very intolerant. To understand CAN of worm better, please read their 1994 christian manifesto. The manifesto was an attack on Islam and Muslims. They intended to convert NIGERIA to christian majority country. This is their primary target and ILORIN is the center of Islam bedrock.
thebosstrevor1:
Christians arent tolerant at all.

They want to impose their ways on all.

Government schools are for all, any religion can practice what they want.

Now if it was a catholic school where the hijab was forced, then i would have said it was wrong but this is a government school where both muslims and Christians are tax payers.

The government is making the hijab optional for muslims not Christians.

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Oluwaseun1981: 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
Why not take your sisters to a muslim school where they are allowed to where Hijab
thebosstrevor1:

The Christians stop muslims student from entering the school because they had an hijab on.

Who then is intolerant
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Ayobami0411: 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2021
Sterope:
Hijab is also a uniform for the Muslim girls.
But not school uniform...
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by excel101(m): 1:11pm On Mar 18, 2021
Maj196:
No hijab, every girl was on low cut. No hair plaiting.
Thanks for being plain and truthful. Since Nigeria's religion is Christianity and Islamism, , proper care should be taken when addressing issues that concerns and affects both religion.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by RALPHOW(m): 1:11pm On Mar 18, 2021
What type of devil is this man ?
Almighty God we lift up our voices in one accord, kindly send Ishaq Akintola to where he believed 7 Virgins are waiting for him in Jesus name..
So that Nigeria can have peace.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by DonMekino(m): 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2021
i know a lot of Muslims that attended St. John's college and St. Murumba college Jos....there was never a problem of hijab and they all abided by the ethics of the school uniforms, but the issue of wearing hijab into a missionary school is a no no.... How many muslim schools will even admit Christians without enforcing their religious beliefs on them?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2021
highbee02:

Point of correction, they are grant-aided mission schools; founded by Christian missionaries but funded by the state government in terms of both material and human resources through tax payers
it's founded by the missionaries.... which makes it a Christian School... what are Muslims looking for??

it's so bad the government is so dumb to address the issue

they're just fueling unnecessary crises
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by slivertongue: 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2021
delpee:
We had no female students wearing hijab in Federal Colleges even in the North all through the 70s to the 90s to the best of my knowledge. ALL female students of both public and mission schools wore berets or hats. When did hijab suddenly become mandatory in Islam? It's not one of the 5 pillars of Islam nor is it in the Holy Koran which states modest dressing ....same as in the Holy Bible.

A uniform is a leveller and promotes unity.

I just pray that they don't succeed in dividing our youth and/or initiating them in to extremism. BH and ISWAP are still with us as a major issue. Let's beware of creating more battle fronts.

this Crisis is mostly in the south west and it started in the fourth republic
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Empiree: 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2021
Grgton:
it's already causing discussion!! I watched the video,I felt so ashamed... when did wearing hijab become such an issue as a Muslim you can wear hijab to the mosque, same goes to Christians tying scaf to the church...NOT in the school!! school has dress codes.. and besides the school in question is a missionary school.. so why that tention?? I think parents concerned should send their kids to Muslim school where they can wear hijab forever!!
Your are very unlearned and unwise. I feel terrible when a so called Muslim speaks this way. Hijab is fundamental rights of female Muslims enshrined in the NIGERIA constitution. Is this difficult for you to understand?.

Please go and get education before you speak next time. Who told you hijab is restricted to outside of school?.

Beret is a symbol of christian missionaries. The school in question is no longer christian school. It is govt school since 1970s post Biafra war.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by AkupeMBANO(m): 1:18pm On Mar 18, 2021
OjukuwuHusband:
as a muslim, i don't rate this muric guy or even CAN........but in all honesty this school we're talking about is a historically Christian school with it's laws and regulations and if the laws aren't favorable with me or doesn't go with my religion i'd simply leave the school, if everyone starts bringing religion into the class room it won't end well at all. should the ifa and sango worshippers also be allowed to wear their traditional clothing to class in historically muslim schools, there are lots of great muslim schools in ilorin that one can send your child to and you'd wear hijab and be surrounded by fellow muslims but you choose to send your child to a historically Christian school but you want them to change their laws to accommodate your believes and you think you're not an agent of confusion and disunity sent by the devil. Islam tasks us to speak the truth always and what's happening in ilorin is absolutely disturbing, the governor should not use religious sentiments in politics because he should remember that his wife is also a christian.
when reasonable people speak, you will definitely know. spot on bro!!
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Trimjos: 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2021
Sterope:
Hijab is also a uniform for the Muslim girls.

Are you guys dumb or what?? The school have their own uniform and hijab isn't part of it. If the Muslim girls want to wear hijab as their uniform, then they should go to a muslim school. It is that simple
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Empiree: 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2021
Press Release - Ilorin Hijab Saga: Asking CAN If Jesus Still Loves Us (KnowIslam Project)

_“Until the middle of the 20th Century, all the governments of the various regions in Nigeria did was to give grants‐in‐aid to the voluntary agencies that operated approved schools while a few “government schools” were established in a few strategic towns. After the Nigeria‐Biafra civil war in 1970, some State governments took over the complete ownership and control of all educational institutions in their areas of jurisdiction.”_

_“The educational policies and practices of the voluntary agencies were condemned as being foreign‐oriented, irrelevant to Nigeria’s needs, and divisive in the sense that denominational schools encouraged religious and tribal bigotry and unhealthy rivalry among the citizens.” (Reference: NWAGWU, N.A. (1979), “THE STATE TAKE‐OVER OF SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA: A CONTROVERSY”, Journal of Educational Administration, Vol. 17 No. 1, pp. 75-86)_

Continue reading: https://knowislam.com.ng/press-release-ilorin-hijab-saga-asking-can-if-jesus-still-loves-us/
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by jamiudinho(m): 1:21pm On Mar 18, 2021
savageyoungboy:
No matter how I always want Nigeria to be Nigerian
I can't help but wonder why Americans are so amazing
When Africans see 1kilometer, Americans see 3,000,000 kilometers
They were so smart to disintegrate Religion activities from school be it muslim or christian or Egungun

GOD BLESS AMERICA
GOD HELP NIGERIA
USA allow hijab for the Muslim girls child in their public school

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Omoodua007: 1:22pm On Mar 18, 2021
motayoayinde:

YOUR YORUBA CHRISTIAN MAJORITY CLAIM IS GASPING FOR PROOF.

Lagos Ogun Ondo Ekiti are Christain majority
Oyo & osun are fairly split
No state in SW where Muslims are 70% but there are 2 states where Christians are over 70% Ekiti & ondo
Kwara is predominantly Muslim
Kogi is predominantly Christain
Ogun & Lagos have outright Christain dominance
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
Empiree:
Your are very unlearned and unwise. I feel terrible when a so called Muslim speaks this way. Hijab is fundamental rights of female Muslims enshrined in the NIGERIA constitution. Is this difficult for you to understand?.

Please go and get education before you speak next time. Who told you hijab is restricted to outside of school?.

Beret is a symbol of christian missionaries. The school in question is no longer christian school. It is govt school sooner 1970s post Biafra war.

Thank you very much
fundamental human right of wearing hijab in a public missionary school, that has code of dressing

the main problem of this country is the Constitution,
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by thikturk: 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2021
Pls oh don't this school have it's own regulations? If It does why will a right thinking person send his/her child to the school knowing the school regulations does not fit into his believe. Or were students wearing hijab before and now the school decides to stop it.
If they have not been wearing hijab from inception why try to impose it now?
There's really fowl play going on
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Empiree: 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
Sterope:
Yoruba people need to go back to pre Bola Ige era where the two religions respected each other.

We have two mad dogs causing issues. It won't end well.
You need to read christian manifesto that was published in Ibadan in 1994. This is the best way to understand Christian Association Of NIGERIA mission. This was pre-democracy. I wondered why Abacha did not obliterate CAN back then. Muslims have been very tolerance of these bastards for a very long time.

Visit my profit to read their manifesto
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Paddybaci: 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2021
[quote author=Sterope post=99986362]Cowries are fine if it is part of his religion. What are you scared of? smiley. Your religious bigotry knows no bound.

Red cloth is not compulsory. You need to stop watching too much Nollywood[

you mean religion decides the uniform to be use in school?. your so daft in reasoning.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by IME1: 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2021
I deliberately did not read anyone's comment so I can make a clear opinion.
There is so much hate.
No wonder you hear how a passenger will fight with a conductor over N20, the same N20 he can dash a beggar on the street.
The same way a woman can kill another woman just because her man flirts with her.
The same way a cult boy can kill his blood brother who belongs to another cult.
The same way an entire building can be razed down because the owner is of another faith! Building oh! Paint, roof, fittings, labour, cement, all, gone down!

Love is not a bad thing oh, let's live and let love.

I went to public schools right from creche to the apex of education in different parts of Nigeria, my beloved country. I've had the privilege to teach and I've taught Muslims who wore hijack and it didn't bother me, I didn't even take note cause I see people not what they wear or who they are, be Buhari's child, I'll treat you like I'll treat a civil servant's child. Be you my tribesman or church member, you would be treated the same.
All my years in public school I never had my Muslim classmates and schoolmates wear hijab. They wore headgears at best. Even at a time they were Lebanese in my school, they were not allowed either. Also the female Indians were also not allowed to leave their hair long, they cut them like the Nigerian females in my school. The sky didn't fall. It is a school. After school anyone could do whatever, wear mufti if you like. Uniform was so strict. Please we all know the issue is not hijab, it's just an entrance to ferment more trouble.
Please someone should tell me how the hijab issue was resolved in ISIbadan and ISLagos? These are public schools. Mind you in my time in the Polytechnic, Sokoto state, (not as their student though) I noticed the non-Muslim females also covered their hairs. I've seen Muslim students in Anambra, Delta, Ondo and Ekiti cover their hairs. That means that wherever they are they are not "forced" to be like their hosts. But Christians are sometimes forced to dress like their hosts.
This shade of Islam is not what we grew up with.
Many agitating for these extremism in Islam don't even follow the 5 pillars of Islam or read or know the tenets of Islam. They just listen to anyone who calls himself sheikh or imam and get wrongly indoctrinated.
This also happens in Christianity where people who have not opened their Bibles begin to shout and talk falsehoods anyhow that 'my pastor said! my pastor said!'

I tire.

Ilorin my place, please don't let me run away from you sad
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by slivertongue: 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
360degreess:

nobody is contesting ur right to use hijab but do it in govt and non faith based school. Christians ain't naked people and have morals and academic attainment than Muslim girls. what makes kwara a Muslim state and others are not Christian state? what about saying crude oil is a Christian resources and so kwara should look for Muslims resources. we promote unnecessary tension in the name of religion, just return mission schools simple. what about if Christian states cease Muslim schools and turn it to a public school, how wud u feel?

1 Like

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Omoodua007: 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
slivertongue:

nobody is contesting ur right to use hijab but do it in govt and non faith based school. Christians ain't naked people and have morals and academic attainment than Muslim girls. what makes kwara a Muslim state and others are not Christian state? what about saying crude oil is a Christian resources and so kwara should look for Muslims resources. we promote unnecessary tension in the name of religion, just return mission schools simple. what about if Christian states cease Muslim schools and turn it to a public school, how wud u feel?

Leave them let them use their numbers to suppress Christians
We are waiting for them in areas where Christians outnumber Muslims which is vast of yoruba land
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by bukxy: 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Beret is western...most Christian schools use beret

Hijab is Islamic.

If a Muslim girl says she doesn't want to wear a beret then she should be allowed to wear a hijab
the way some people reason sha.

if beret is part of the dress code in the school uniform then fine,
if hijab is part of the dress code in the school uniform then fine.

then if either of beret or hijab isn't part of the school uniform dress code then he/she should go elsewhere to where his/her preferred dress code is accepted.

A school is place of learning not a church or a mosque.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by wink2015(m): 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Christians arent tolerant at all.

They want to impose their ways on all.

Government schools are for all, any religion can practice what they want.

Now if it was a catholic school where the hijab was forced, then i would have said it was wrong but this is a government school where both muslims and Christians are tax payers.

The government is making the hijab optional for muslims not Christians.

The kwara state government can set up an exclusively Islamic school which they can fund to the standard they want.

They should leave the government funded mission schools for the Christians.

This will bring about peace.

Muslims should demand for their own school.

Christians do not forced their way into Muslims or Islamic educational institution.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by edoairways: 1:31pm On Mar 18, 2021
360degreess:
It is either you are ignorant or you choose to be one. Those bible verses never compelled Christian women to cover their hair except for prayers. Probably your Muslim scholars have been brainwashing you with things they don't understand
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by AnanseK(m): 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2021
simplesearch:

If it doesn't affect and the school authority said they don't want any form of discrimination among their student along religious line, how is it difficult to abide by the rules and regulations of the school you choose to attend. It's like going to crescent university and not want to abide by their rules when you could easily seek admission else where. The situation where terrorists from the same religion will attack school and spare their own while subjecting people of other faith to untold suffering is that acceptable to you? Take the case of Leah Sharib for example who they refuse to release until now just because he refuse to accept Mohammed and Allah.

I sympathize with Leah Sharibu and her family and I support her stand. But I disagree with you about Boko Haram selection you wrongly proclaimed. Boko Haram have have killed perhaps hundreds of thousands of Muslims . A large proportion of them killed at prayer in the mosque. You know this very well. Leah Sharibu is a victim of terrorists and criminals to all. I have lost relatives fighting Boko Haram. You must either be dangerously ignorant or plain mischievous.
Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by princepalace: 1:34pm On Mar 18, 2021
muslims dont have monopoly of violent, the christians, this time around are battle ready for chaos just to protect our heritage. if the state government insists on hijab wearing, we shall remove all the roofing sheets of the school buildings, if possible set them on fire even pulling the buildings down. it is the buildings that is causing fight, since they are no more and it shall remain so for years. we dont mind to start from the scratch, and this time around, we shall start as private schools. let the muslims start ember of war.

2 Likes

Re: Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC by Omoodua007: 1:35pm On Mar 18, 2021
princepalace:
muslims dont have monopoly of violent, the christians, this time around are battle ready for chaos just to protect our heritage. if the state government insists on hijab wearing, we shall remove all the roofing sheets of the school buildings, if possible set them on fire even pulling the buildings down. it is the buildings that is causing fight, since they are no more and it shall remain so for years. we dont mind to start from the scratch, and this time around, we shall start as private schools. let the muslims start ember of war.

That’s the best solution blow up those schools
Those lazy ile kewu Muslims should go and build it over Gaia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Keyamo To Appeal As Court Fines Him N10m For Frivolous Lawsuit / Emeka Ojukwu Visits Nnewi Fire Tragedy Scene Today / Femi Gbajabiamila's First Day At Work (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.